AR AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #2 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here in Dallas, guys and dames. Well Plano to be exact. Wylie is just down the road. Darn, I forgot my camera, and don't have a phone that can take photos. Will figure this out so I can post some photos on line somehow. That is when I take some.

I don't know if I've ever posted to this thread, but I have spent some time looking for matches to this doe. I'm very glad her case is active. Thanks to all you other sluethers who've been working hard on solving this one.

She has a very distinctive look, very cosmopolitan in some photos. The drawn on Surprise! eyebrows are really different though!

I grew up in Dallas, went all the way through high school there, years before this doe. And yet something about her looks so familiar. Wish I hadn't tossed out my high school annuals. She could be the daughter of someone I went to school with for all I know or was perhaps someone my oldest son was in school with in another part of the state. It's bugging the heck out of me. I'll show him her picture, and see if it jogs anything with him.

Y'all may think it's crazy, but there's just something about this doe that says Dallas to me. Really can't put my finger on what makes me say that. She has something of a sophisticated look about her that I remember about Dallas when growing up, a Dallas look, not as laid back as the rest of the state.

Something about her says, Highland Park or University Park to me or private schools. She had taste, and there's just something refined about her, despite her having worked as a stripper. It's weird. It's precisely her look that tells me this girl had it easy growing up, too easy in fact, and went into full stage rebellion against mom, dad, their whole lifestyle and value system. I don't know for a fact. It's just the impression I'm getting.

Also, if she'd been on the streets from an early age, say 14, she wouldn't have looked as well as she did with her make-up on. She doesn't appear to be someone who'd been on hard drugs for a number of years. Nothing about her says street urchin ever.

I think this girl was likely the consumate, pathological liar. Unless LE has something on the books on the bank robberies, I couldn't find anything on any female bank robbers on the east coast from say 1985-1990. Perhaps she said some things strictly for shock value. If I caught it correctly, I thought this bank robbing story came from the doe herself. Also, the Carousel Club shut down right after Jack Ruby killed Lee Oswald. Couldn't find anything on line that pertains to a 2nd. opening of a Carousel Club in Dallas. Now there was a Carousel Club in Houston off south I-45 at the 610 Loop that had been in operation for a long time, still was in the 80s, and perhaps later. Use to pass it on the way to Galveston.

Anyway, back to "Sherry," per Sloane. She has a lot of freckles in her morgue photos, and her hair in those photos tends more towards light auburn or a hair color that is really neither, light brown, red or blond, but a combination of all three by degrees. Characteristically speaking and sans make-up, she appears to be in the redhead family of skin tones, IMO.

I just wonder if she didn't come from a somewhat prominent family, who disowned her as her behavior and actions were an embarrassment to them? Maybe she was a garden variety psychopath.

Seems likely she'd have had some siblings that would be wanting to know what happened to her or else perhaps they knew, and they disagreed with choices she made. I would bet with her height she might have done some legitimate modeling in high school, but perhaps not. Just a thought.

Good heavens, I'm not that old. This young woman is older than my son by as much as six years, so don't think he would have a clue, but I'll just run it past him on the familiarity factor anyway.

She did not give me the impression that she grew up with money, I think she was just used to make up, like the rest of us in the late 80s LOL

I submitted this one to Arkansas' Crime Lab, haven't heard from them. So, I believe I'll send it to Las Vegas Investigators, see if I can get a response, a rule out, something.
Status Missing
First name REBECCA
Middle name JEAN
Last name DUNN
Nickname/Alias POWERS, BABBETTE/LONG,SANDY
Date LKA May 10, 1979 - 13:06
Date entered August 10, 2010
Age LKA 21 to years old
Age now 53 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Height 69.0 inches
Weight 179.0 pounds
Circumstances
City LAS VEGAS
State Nevada
Zip code 89101
County Clark
Circumstances Ms. Dunn was a resident of Las Vegas NV. She used several assumed names I.E. Babbette Powers or Sandy Long. In early 1979 ,Ms. Dunn traveled to San Diego California, she was in the company of at least one female friend from Las Vegas NV. The friend who eventually returned to Las Vegas told investigators that she and Ms. Dunn had travelled to California to act as prostitutes.

Ms. Dunn and her companion were in the company of 2 men. At least one of the men was believed to acting as their PIMP.

Ms. Dunn was never seen again by her family or her female companion. The specific details of her disappearance are unknown at this time.

Physical Characteristics
Hair color Blond/Strawberry
Head hair Strawberry Blond
Body hair UNK
Facial hair NONE
Left eye color Blue
Right eye color Blue
Eye description

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
physical characteristics Large bump on bridge of nose

Dental
Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered

DNA

Fingerprint Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police Information
Title DETECTIVE
First name DAN
Last name HOLLEY
Jurisdiction County
Agency LAS VEGAS METRO POLICE
Address 1 4750 W. OAKEY BLVD
Address 2
City LAS VEGAS
State Nevada
Zip code 89102
Phone (702) 828-5999
Email D2647H@LVMPD.COM
Website
Case number 970719-1319
Date reported July 19, 1997
Comments Last seen June of 1979.
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/7870

Attachments

• Rebecca J DunnEldorado Jane Doe.jpg
    Rebecca J DunnEldorado Jane Doe.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 196
I submitted this one to Arkansas' Crime Lab, haven't heard from them. So, I believe I'll send it to Las Vegas Investigators, see if I can get a response, a rule out, something.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/7870

I know I have seen her face before as a possible match to this JD... are you sure this hasn't already been submitted and ruled out? The similarities are strikingly similar...

I know I have seen her face before as a possible match to this JD... are you sure this hasn't already been submitted and ruled out? The similarities are strikingly similar...

I submitted her, previously, to Chris Edwards, AR Crime lab, no word on the rule-out. I have been watching Namus for the name on the rule-out list. Since, there was an update on Rebecca Jean about being involved in prostitution and the fact that her missing was not reported until 1997, not by family, but by the friend, I felt even stronger that RJD could be her. So I submitted the info to the LVMPD investigator and Namus, so maybe there will be a dental match or rule-out. There has been DNA submitted on RJD, results are still pending. So, for now, the comparison will have to be done on the dentals.
Patience is one of my finest traits ;)

I'm sorry I hadn't reported back on this case after my Dallas trip. I guess I got totally sidetracked by the Casey Anthony trial. Then I was a bit disgusted with myself as I only accomplished one of the goals I'd set for myself on this case. I went by the Carousel Motel (in Garland) one Sunday afternoon in the company of my son and his wife. I'm sure there was a point the motel looked better, but it's very ratty today. The rooms are tiny, and apparently never were intended for overnight guests! Some of the doors were opened, I guess for cleaning. Yuck. I have the pics, and will post a few later. Behind the motel is some apartment units. This way, a hooker could meet up with a john at the motel without revealing where she actually lived. Also, if the cops raided it, she could just say she lived at the motel.

I did not get a chance to go through the yearbooks as I was kept too busy at my son's house with 3 school aged girls and their friends coming and going, plus trying to keep the place straight while my DIL convalesced.

I also did not get to do the thing I most wanted which was to go by the recording studio in Wylie.
I could never line up a time for my son to go with me, and did not want to go there alone seeing as how the owner of the studio lives in it, and is a RSO. His dad was at one time the mayor, so I didn't feel comfortable in calling the Wylie PD to ask what kind if any the RSO might pose to someone my age. All I know is he has to keep reporting in so he is a threat to some. I just don't know what age, and it isn't shown on the Texas RSO database.

I just cannot picture our UID in the Carousel Motel at all, but she obviously claimed she lived there to the Dallas PD. I'm sitting here scratching my head as it just doesn't add up. She was simply too classy looking for that motel in Garland, but then I'd have to say the same thing about the Whitehall in El Dorado, AR.

You've given me a LOT to think about!! I'll post again after I have a good night's sleep if I can think of anything pertinent to add. Thanks for your post!

The carousel club was on northwest hwy in Dallas in the 80s

I'm sorry I hadn't reported back on this case after my Dallas trip. I guess I got totally sidetracked by the Casey Anthony trial. Then I was a bit disgusted with myself as I only accomplished one of the goals I'd set for myself on this case. I went by the Carousel Motel (in Garland) one Sunday afternoon in the company of my son and his wife. I'm sure there was a point the motel looked better, but it's very ratty today. The rooms are tiny, and apparently never were intended for overnight guests! Some of the doors were opened, I guess for cleaning. Yuck. I have the pics, and will post a few later. Behind the motel is some apartment units. This way, a hooker could meet up with a john at the motel without revealing where she actually lived. Also, if the cops raided it, she could just say she lived at the motel.

I did not get a chance to go through the yearbooks as I was kept too busy at my son's house with 3 school aged girls and their friends coming and going, plus trying to keep the place straight while my DIL convalesced.

I also did not get to do the thing I most wanted which was to go by the recording studio in Wylie.
I could never line up a time for my son to go with me, and did not want to go there alone seeing as how the owner of the studio lives in it, and is a RSO. His dad was at one time the mayor, so I didn't feel comfortable in calling the Wylie PD to ask what kind if any the RSO might pose to someone my age. All I know is he has to keep reporting in so he is a threat to some. I just don't know what age, and it isn't shown on the Texas RSO database.

I just cannot picture our UID in the Carousel Motel at all, but she obviously claimed she lived there to the Dallas PD. I'm sitting here scratching my head as it just doesn't add up. She was simply too classy looking for that motel in Garland, but then I'd have to say the same thing about the Whitehall in El Dorado, AR.

Carousel was a strip club off harry hines and northwest hwy in Dallas

Seems as though James Roy McAlphin was sentenced, rather lightly (in my opinion) to ten years for his last crime. His record in Arkansas is lengthy, I do NOT understand how it is that he isn't sentenced to life as an habitual/dangerous offender!! Surely, the record in Texas would be considered as well!! Here's public access to his photo and incarceration: http://adc.arkansas.gov/inmate_info/search.php?dcnum=088328&lastname=McAlphin&sex=b&agetype=1

It is noted that he has a tattoo with the initials "BGD" and an alias of "Julian Starr" wonder, wonder, wonder where these hints may take us!

I started a search for those initials of missing persons, came up with this one: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2889/5/
I will do some comparison photos and post them later today. I have a meeting at noon, so......

Also, I heard from the Detective on RJDs missing case. He initiated a dental comparison to our Eldorado Jane, she was ruled out from that.... Very disappointed, for both ladies!

Seems as though James Roy McAlphin was sentenced, rather lightly (in my opinion) to ten years for his last crime. His record in Arkansas is lengthy, I do NOT understand how it is that he isn't sentenced to life as an habitual/dangerous offender!! Surely, the record in Texas would be considered as well!! Here's public access to his photo and incarceration: http://adc.arkansas.gov/inmate_info/search.php?dcnum=088328&lastname=McAlphin&sex=b&agetype=1

It is noted that he has a tattoo with the initials "BGD" and an alias of "Julian Starr" wonder, wonder, wonder where these hints may take us!

I started a search for those initials of missing persons, came up with this one: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2889/5/
I will do some comparison photos and post them later today. I have a meeting at noon, so......

Also, I heard from the Detective on RJDs missing case. He initiated a dental comparison to our Eldorado Jane, she was ruled out from that.... Very disappointed, for both ladies!

I like the possible connection between McAlphin's tattoo "BGD" and Beverli Darnell.. NamUs says the UID is between the ages and 20-30 years old.. and Beverli would have been 30 in 1991, when the UID was found murdered.

The eye color is off though. Beverli is said to have Brown Eyes, while the UID is said to have Blue...

I still think you should pursue this.

Beverli's info: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/darnell_beverli.html and here: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1803dffl.html <if you click on the "Family Contact" link, it gives you an email with a Witness protection address, strange! I suppose the family may want to keep their names private, maybe, not so strange!

I looked over Beverli Darnell as a possible, because of her eye color. However, I have to wonder if there isn't a mistake on her eye-color, they appear dark in the photo, but Beverli really resembles ElDorado Jane. It was such a long time before she was reported missing by her mother, could it be that she had trouble recalling? I'm not sure, but I submitted her, the dentals and fingerprints should make for an easy comparison. Also, the picture of Ms. Darnell looks like a school photo, four years before her disappearance, so I took that into consideration as well.
Here's the side by side photos, Ms. Darnell is next to last on the right....
EldoradoJaneDoeandBeverliDarnell.jpg

Beverli's info: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/darnell_beverli.html and here: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1803dffl.html <if you click on the "Family Contact" link, it gives you an email with a Witness protection address, strange! I suppose the family may want to keep their names private, maybe, not so strange!

I looked over Beverli Darnell as a possible, because of her eye color. However, I have to wonder if there isn't a mistake on her eye-color, they appear dark in the photo, but Beverli really resembles ElDorado Jane. It was such a long time before she was reported missing by her mother, could it be that she had trouble recalling? I'm not sure, but I submitted her, the dentals and fingerprints should make for an easy comparison. Also, the picture of Ms. Darnell looks like a school photo, four years before her disappearance, so I took that into consideration as well.

THANK YOU, MadeaBecBec!

I haven't gone back into the original post to check yet, but I seem to recall that "El Dorado Jane" was 5'11'' so I'm wondering about a possible match to Beverli Darnell.

Does anyone know if Beverli's mother is still alive?

The carousel club was on northwest hwy in Dallas in the 80s

It is not the Carousel Club. It is the Carousel Motel. This UID gave her address as the Carousel Motel one of the times when she was arrested in Dallas.

There are copies of her police booking slips or whatever they're called in one of the earlier threads.

Don't feel bad though, I also earlier thought it was the Carousel Club in Dallas she was associated with.

I think Beverly is too short at 5' 6" or 5' 7". El Dorado PD actually lists the Doe as 6 ft. tall on their website. Also, Beverly has very straight hair, and the Doe's looks like it could be naturally curly. Can't say for sure, as there are pics of her with her hair straighter. Texture is definitely different between the two women.

The real Cheryl Wick, the name and address that ElDorado Jane used, passed away in June 2009, a tribute to her : http://www.startribune.com/featuredColumns/52393537.html?page=1&c=y
and her obituary : http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/startribune/obituary.aspx?n=cheryl-wick&pid=130513611 and her DOB is there, which means that when Jane used her identity, the true Cheryl was only eight years old at the time!! I suspect that Jane knew them or was related. The Grandmother passed away this year, so I am going to search for missing persons with some of those relatives last names! See where that goes. After twenty years (this month) I'm thinking every avenue should be explored! Here I go.......

I think Beverly is too short at 5' 6" or 5' 7". El Dorado PD actually lists the Doe as 6 ft. tall on their website. Also, Beverly has very straight hair, and the Doe's looks like it could be naturally curly. Can't say for sure, as there are pics of her with her hair straighter. Texture is definitely different between the two women.

A match that I made with between a guy missing from Ohio and a body found in a river in Ohio had the height off I believe 2 or 3 inches. (but I know 4 or 5 inches is a long shot)

I know my hair texture has changed once I had kids (mine went from poker straight to now being naturally curly..and I hate it) I straighten it every morning.

I just want to know who in the heck she is!!!

Attachments

• rochelle .jpg
    rochelle .jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 97
The real Cheryl Wick, the name and address that ElDorado Jane used, passed away in June 2009, a tribute to her : http://www.startribune.com/featuredColumns/52393537.html?page=1&c=y
and her obituary : http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/startribune/obituary.aspx?n=cheryl-wick&pid=130513611 and her DOB is there, which means that when Jane used her identity, the true Cheryl was only eight years old at the time!! I suspect that Jane knew them or was related. The Grandmother passed away this year, so I am going to search for missing persons with some of those relatives last names! See where that goes. After twenty years (this month) I'm thinking every avenue should be explored! Here I go.......

I think this is a good train of thought. It's also possible that El Dorado Doe babysat for the Wick girl at one time.

Not being a criminal, I can't think of how El Dorado Doe may have accessed the personal info of a minor unless she had some connection with that minor. You'd think that the El Dorado PD would have shown Doe's pics to the Wick family, but who knows?

This Cheryl Wick (what a beautiful girl who was taken too soon!) was born in Rochester, MN - the info on thread #1 says that Cheryl Ann Wick (who Jane got the ID from) was in Little Rock, AR. Did the CW from Rochester have an Arkansas connection? Or did I miss something (as is often the case - seriously, it would be no surprise if I totally mixed something up). It really would be an interesting lead if it works out!

I think it is a stretch to say that this Cheryl Wick, b 1983, was the inspiration for the alias used around 1990 by a woman approximately 18 y.o. at the time.

I went to a people finder website (not paying a premium for results) and looked for a Cheryl A. Wicks in Minnesota. it is not always clear what the maiden name is, there were a few more that seemed better matches.

there is a C.A.W. age 47 in Minneapolis, another age 46 in Mound, MN, another age 46 in Mankato, and yet another age 40 in Minneapolis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500