Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just said that Beth met with Stephanie's bro at her hotel. Her family certainly have enough "clout" to have been able to get her into him - ya think?

They are saying she had a hidden camera with her. Now reports that she has been arrested.

Sounds like to me that she got in posing as a member of a local media crew - maybe. Why would she have done this? I know she just wants answers and justice - but the risks she has taken to do this IMO aren't worth the damage she could have done to the cases and even herself. Can they actually throw her in jail (prison)? I guess so - my prayers are with her tonight. I know I would probably have done the same exact thing if it was my daughter.

Has anyone heard about Beth Holloway being arrested for sneaking into Van Der Sloots Prison? I am watching Nancy Grace and that is what isIs being reported.....

They just said that Beth met with Stephanie's bro at her hotel. Her family certainly have enough "clout" to have been able to get her into him - ya think?

They are saying she had a hidden camera with her. Now reports that she has been arrested.

WTH??! I just tuned in to NG and heard this! Peter DeVries was with her? I'm... I'm... I just don't understand why she'd do that at this point. I mean, I understand her wanting answers, but surely she doesn't think he'll give it up at this stage. I don't know what to think of this turn of events. And why was she arrested (if true)? :waitasec:

The only other media report at the moment comes from a Dutch news source ~ translation by Google.

Peter R. de Vries undercover operation caught Joran van der Sloot

LIMA- Beth Twitty , the mother of Natalee Holloway , has unsuccessfully tried the Castro Castro prison in Lima to enter . According to Peruvian media Twitty was wearing a hidden camera with him .

The mother of American teenager who disappeared without trace in 2005 in Aruba , was with crime reporter Peter R. de Vries went to the site to visit to the Dutchman , who is still associated with the disappearance of Natalee . Van der Sloot is in Peru for the murder of Floris Stephany .
Beth Twitty is a brief interview after the prison turned off again .

Look [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmnr8mvKxdQ&feature=player_embedded"]here[/ame] a video of Peruvian media on the arrest .

Read more in The Friday Times
http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/...apt_bij_Joran__.html?sn=binnenland,buitenland

If this is true....then Beth has finally, totally gone over the edge. Bless her heart....I hope this isn't true

If this is true....then Beth has finally, totally gone over the edge. Bless her heart....I hope this isn't true
It seems to be true since it's not just Nancy Grace who is reporting it. I can't imagine what she was thinking going there.....:(

Sounds like to me that she got in posing as a member of a local media crew - maybe. Why would she have done this? I know she just wants answers and justice - but the risks she has taken to do this IMO aren't worth the damage she could have done to the cases and even herself. Can they actually throw her in jail (prison)? I guess so - my prayers are with her tonight. I know I would probably have done the same exact thing if it was my daughter.

It looks like you and I have the same reaction to this, Wise Old Owl. I just don't get it.

Mark Klass just said that maybe seeing his last interview with him smirking drove her over the edge and made her want to confront him. But...

I don't think it will have any effect on the case with Stephany as it seems pretty air tight to me, but you never know.

Wow. Just wow...

That is terrible if true....

Beth in Peru...and being arrested....

Surely she realized she was under Peruvian law...once she arrived in Peru....

Good Grief!!!!!.....

I truly hope this is just a rumor......

What a strange turn of events. Did I hear correctly that they think she actually did get to talk with Joran for a couple of minutes?!

IMO, IF she bribed the prison guards, IF she posed as someone other then herself and IF she brought in a hidden camera, she broke the law and just might end up in the Peruivan prison herself.

What a totally stupid move on her part IF this story is accurate.

I can understand wanting information but Beth didn't get it from Joran for all these years exactly what did she expect to get from Joran face to face. Did she honestly think Joran was going to sit down and have a one on one with her?

ITA Patty - this is not the Beth Holloway we have come to know, love and respect. I just can't see her taking this kind of risk. But I can also say I don't know what I would do if I were in her shoes either. All we can do is pray for her tonight and hope she doesn't end up in her own Peruvian prison cell.

Just wanted to acknowledge the latest news and say WTH is going on? This certainly made my head spin and sit up and pay full attention to NG tonight! Now I'll go back and read up to see what the long timers have to say. :)

ITA Patty - this is not the Beth Holloway we have come to know, love and respect. I just can't see her taking this kind of risk. But I can also say I don't know what I would do if I were in her shoes either. All we can do is pray for her tonight and hope she doesn't end up in her own Peruvian prison cell.
I pray for her also. I can understand how desperate she must be for some answers but she should know by now that Joran isn't going to give them to her. I just can't understand what she thinks she could've gained by trying to get into the prison this way and hope this long ordeal hasn't taken such a toll on her that she's losing reasoning. MOO

I think so too Amster.

Oh Beth, I'm just sitting here shaking my head. The pain of not knowing has got to be eating you alive inside, and with him speaking out against you all the time with a smirk, I just don't know how you do it. <sigh> JMHO.

News coming out of the Netherlands indicates that they did get to speak with him...

AMSTERDAM - Crime journalist Peter R. de Vries at the Castro Castro prison in Peru had , where Joran van der Sloot is stuck pending his trial for the murder of Stephany Flores .

He visited the prison with the mother of Natalee Holloway , who is in prison with a hidden camera van der Sloot tried to interview . Peruvian media reported that .

Beth Holloway Twitty Van der Sloot would have seen five minutes . They spoke little and behaved well , said the program 24 Horas . It is unclear whether there actually are images made of the conversation with the murder suspect.

http://www.gelderlander.nl/algemeen/dgbinnenland/7298107/Peter-R-de-Vries-bij-Joranactie-in-Peru.ece

Video of being shown on NG...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmnr8mvKxdQ[/ame]

Looks like they both left of their own accord. Was she arrested after the fact?

Or was she arrested at all? I didn't watch NG's show however none of the articles I've seen translated specifically say she or DeVries were 'arrested'. :waitasec: MOO

The translations are terrible but some of the more recent articles seem to be implying that she was returned to the prison after a short interview. Too early to tell if she was actually arrested I suppose.:waitasec:

In a news bulletin of the 24 Horas is to see how Peter R. de Vries , with his film crew present at the departure of Beth Holloway from prison . The mother of Natalee after a short trial would have turned the prison .

http://demorgen.be/dm/nl/2181/Zaak-...-brengt-moeder-Natalee-bij-Joran-in-cel.dhtml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname