Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greta has news coming, next week if I read her right. She said Jim Hammer went over and confronted Paulas who tore a paper from Jim's hand and ran in his office. Now Greta says that the brothers attorney's won't return her calls, which they used to do. She also said she spoke with the Prosecuter to show him some stuff, but, gee, he does not work weekends.
Very interesting stuff coming up. Stay tuned!

Thanks for the info sabego. I haven't been watcing Greta so much with the election and all. I'll have to tune back in.

Greta has news coming, next week if I read her right. She said Jim Hammer went over and confronted Paulas who tore a paper from Jim's hand and ran in his office. Now Greta says that the brothers attorney's won't return her calls, which they used to do. She also said she spoke with the Prosecuter to show him some stuff, but, gee, he does not work weekends.
Very interesting stuff coming up. Stay tuned!

hmmm .... thanks for the heads up, sabego.

Thanks, but those are invalid links for me!

I don't see her thread..thought she had one of her own at one time. At any rate...

Authorities in Aruba say they're looking into new evidence that could lead to an arrest 3½ years after Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway disappeared on a senior class trip to the island.
Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway disappeared while on vacation in Aruba with classmates in 2005.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/11/18/grace.coldcase.holloway/index.html#

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/11/18/grace.coldcase.holloway/index.html#

corner_wire_BL.gif

Aruban police are investigating two new tips they hope will provide the corroborating evidence they need to make an arrest, lead prosecutor Hans Mos told CNN.
He would not discuss details but said police again consider Dutch student Joran van der Sloot to be the prime suspect in Holloway's disappearance

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/11/18/grace.coldcase.holloway/index.html

Hoping this all pans out. Natalie deserves it and so does her family. I wonder if they have started searching the pond yet?

PRAYING for JUSTICE!!

Rosco

Why did all these witnesses wait SO long to come forward? i don't understand that. They were aware of how much the Holloway family was suffering and looking for their daughter and if they truly saw or heard something shame on them for keeping it to themselves for this long.

From what I understand (and someone correct me if I am wrong) the witness did come forward at first. Then after a while he became afraid to speak up.

I think the witness has wanted to do the right thing from the beginning.

From what I understand (and someone correct me if I am wrong) the witness did come forward at first. Then after a while he became afraid to speak up.

I think the witness has wanted to do the right thing from the beginning.

I've seen the witness referred to as he or she--I wonder if male or female?
I had a hard time finding this message board. Any other links to a current one?

I don't see her thread..thought she had one of her own at one time. At any rate...

Authorities in Aruba say they're looking into new evidence that could lead to an arrest 3½ years after Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway disappeared on a senior class trip to the island.
Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway disappeared while on vacation in Aruba with classmates in 2005.

corner_wire_BL.gif

Aruban police are investigating two new tips they hope will provide the corroborating evidence they need to make an arrest, lead prosecutor Hans Mos told CNN.
He would not discuss details but said police again consider Dutch student Joran van der Sloot to be the prime suspect in Holloway's disappearance

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/11/18/grace.coldcase.holloway/index.html

Wow!!! lymom3.

What a surprise! four witnesses and hours of video footage from deVries.

"A new witness has emerged, authorities say, who can place van der Sloot and his father, Paulus van der Sloot, near a pond on the island at 4 a.m. on the day Holloway vanished."

"A second witness, a former girlfriend of Joran van der Sloot, also told police he made suspicious-sounding comments while they were on the beach. The witness, publicly known only as Celes,"

"In addition, Mos said, two other witnesses have come forward."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gM4lWnpFfSI8U0EzxCHT8WVehRowD94HNC901

AP, Aruba police pursue new evidence in Holloway case

A woman told Dutch police this month that Joran van der Sloot confessed to her years ago that he was involved in Holloway's disappearance, according to Ann Angela, a spokeswoman for the Aruba Prosecutors' Office.
But the Dutch Caribbean island's chief prosecutor said authorities still lack proof they need to convict Van der Sloot, who has been arrested twice and released for lack of evidence.
"After three years of investigating, it is very, very difficult to find that evidence," prosecutor Hans Mos told The Associated Press. "We have to be realistic."

The new witness, once a friend of Van der Sloot, confirmed that he gave her roughly the same account shortly after Holloway's disappearance. But Mos said her statement does not bring authorities any closer to resolving the case.
He also said the witness would lack credibility in court unless she explains why she waited so long to come forward.
Attorneys for Van der Sloot did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment and there was no answer at his parents' home in Aruba.
Van der Sloot was last known to be living in Thailand but his current whereabouts are a "mystery," Angela said.
Angela said Aruban authorities hope to decide by the end of this year whether to prosecute Van der Sloot or close the case for good.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/11/17/the-latest-2/

from Gretawire: The latest:

Next week, if things go as planned, you will see some information we have obtained in the Natalee Holloway investigation. The information is in the form of audio and video tapes and other. The information is either the answer to what happened to Natalee Holloway or a wild goose chase. You will make your own judgment.
I am hoping that the Aruban prosecutor will use his subpoena power to investigate further…and I am hoping to at least shed light on a very big problem that our own State Department admits is a giant problem in the Aruba area.
Once we obtained this information months ago, our job has been twofold: to disprove or prove. A good investigator chases down every lead and then works to both prove and disprove that lead.
I will tell you this: the new information fits the time line. I will also tell you that JIm Hammer went to Aruba for us and when he confronted Joran Van der Sloot’s father it was, to say the least, “awkward.” It was so weird that Paulus Van der Sloot ripped a paper out of Hammer’s hand (a transcript) and ran into his office. Note also that until we got this information, the Kalpoe brothers’ Aruban lawyer would always return my phone calls. Now he will not…
Many of you have asked me in recent months what is the latest in this investigation. I can only tell you that we have not given up — and as proof of our stamina and determination, we have used weekends to work on this case and time during the week when we could fit between our other responsibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member