Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Published on Feb 24, 2014
The Natalee Holloway Files: Investigating the mistakes that have allowed someone to get away with murder.

Natalee Holloway disappeared in Aruba in 2005 without a trace. Now two investigative journalists have accessed the secret police case files, laying bare one of the most haunting murders of the century.

US citizen Natalee was on a school trip to Aruba when she vanished.Whose male DNA was left on Natalee's toothbrush? Who entered Natalee's hotel room several times on the night that she disappeared? Why is it just assumed that Natalee was left on the beach? With so many lies told and mistakes made by the police in Aruba, "it's almost as if they didn't want to find the evidence, one way or the other", former FBI agent Van Zandt suggests. Even the main suspect's lawyer admits, "I've raised my eyebrows and thought, why not ask this question...". As two local suspects with dubious alibis and a history of sex-related crimes remain at large, "memories fade, physical evidence is lost and more lies are told".

WARNING! ADULT LANGUAGE

[video=youtube;l7aWvivmXi8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7aWvivmXi8[/video]

That is intense. A piece of my heart vanished with NH and I admire her mothers strength and resilience. I cannot fathom. My mind cannot comprehend having no answers and so many stories and lies. <3

This case has been solved. There's just no justice for Natalee.

I wouldn't set foot on that island of Aruba if my life depended on it.

Geeeee, Julia sure sounds differently. She was so intent on Joran being innocent. Well, until he killed again, imho. :mad:

Aruba may want to forget about Natalee Holloway. But she's still missing. :banghead:

Thank you for the link. Interesting.

JMHO
fran

It doesn't offend me, but I think the mod should add that this video has some foul language and adult content. Just to let unsuspecting people who could be offended know it is a little raunchy in parts. jmo

That's an interesting video. I didn't follow the case facts as they unfolded. Some new info for me:

Never heard of DJ Diablo aka Steve (why did he lie?)

Didn't know her key card had been used several times that night after she went missing.

Never heard of the prior incident with the detainee who was deported to Columbia.

Has this info been released previously?

I believe what's his name is 100% involved in Natalee's disappearance. I think he had help. Or at the very least, someone knows what he did.

I'm from the Netherlands. Of course, Aruba and the Netherlands are not really close together, but the very likely suspect in the case has also lived and studied in the Netherlands once in time.
The case has had a lot of coverage here.
I haven't seen this documentary yet, but someone mentioned something about the keycard and I remember that piece of information. Then it must have been mentioned. I think in the Peter R. de Vries's documentary. He had a television program for years on end about crime cases, and the Natalee case he covered as well and character Joran van der Sloot multiple times. That was years ago, so the keycard information isn't new. They didn't hold that info secret.

Another not very important detail: they keep pronouncing Joran van der Sloot's name wrong. It's not 'Joren ven dur Sloet'. ;)
You pronounce the a in Joran more like a short a as in the word water.
Same counts for the a in 'van'.
His last name is more like an short o in the word boss and then make it longer because it's a double o.

I don't know yet where this documentary is going, but I feel the perp is Joran van der Sloot and most of the people in the Netherlands think the same. And that he got away with it.

He's a pathological liar. He has told so many different versions of what happened that night with Natalee there is no way possible he can be believed. You know he's lying as soon as he has said one word. He used a lot of people in the Netherlands, basically to get money out of them. When he felt his feet got too hot here, he fled to Thailand, where he tried to become a pimp.

After that news, it was quiet for a while around Joran. Then suddenly, he made headlines again when he was caught for the murder of that poor young woman he beat and strangled to death in a motelroom. I'm glad he's behind bars. There's where he belongs, because I think he was a serial killer in the making. He didn't seem to have some MO like sexual predators, with for example: posing victims. But I do think he would've killed again or will kill when he's released. The problem is, when he gets out (in less than 28 years) he still has an age he can go on where he has left off. Unless America can take him over and get him convicted for extortion.

I checked my media archive and I found several segments of Peter R. de Vries's program that are about Joran. If Websleuth is interested I could do a translation and put it in the video's, which could be posted here for entertainment purposes.
I'm not fluent in English, but I feel my knowledge of the English language is good enough to come up with a good translation, because those segments are in the Dutch language.

I just found this here. Thanks for the prompt alert and posting.
I'm going to watch it tonight.

Of course Joran killed Natalee and got away with it. He may have had the help of his friends. My heart goes out to Natalee's family. This guy will kill and kill again if he is ever set free. He has proven that.

Goz

Another not very important detail: they keep pronouncing Joran van der Sloot's name wrong. It's not 'Joren ven dur Sloet'. ;)
You pronounce the a in Joran more like a short a as in the word water.
Same counts for the a in 'van'.
His last name is more like an short o in the word boss and then make it longer because it's a double o.

With all due respect correct pronunciation of his name is not something I give a rats tookus about. I have other names for this guy.. Killer suits me just fine.. :)

I see several people are interested in those segments. I will try to come up with a first one (which I think is most important to start with) in a few days.
Stay tuned. ;)

Peru agrees to extradite van der Sloot to U.S.

(CNN) -- Peru has agreed to extradite Joran van der Sloot, a suspect in the 2005 disappearance of American Natalee Holloway, to the United States when he finishes serving a 28-year murder sentence, the Peruvian news agency Andina reported.

U.S. authorities want to try van der Sloot on charges he extorted money from Holloway's mother by offering bogus information about her daughter's disappearance. A federal grand jury indicted him on charges of extortion and wire fraud.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/10/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot-extradition/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(cross posted in the other JVDS thread)

I bump this thread, because I encountered an article about Joran van der Sloot:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/09/joran-van-der-sloot-extradition_n_4932344.html

Apparently, they do plan to get him extradited to America for the extortion charges, when he's done with his current sentence. Good.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time yet for the translation I promised, but I haven't forgotten about it and I still plan to. It's just that I am working on a book, a cover and a website. That takes a lot of my time and explains the delay.

Peru agrees to extradite van der Sloot to U.S.

(CNN) -- Peru has agreed to extradite Joran van der Sloot, a suspect in the 2005 disappearance of American Natalee Holloway, to the United States when he finishes serving a 28-year murder sentence, the Peruvian news agency Andina reported.

U.S. authorities want to try van der Sloot on charges he extorted money from Holloway's mother by offering bogus information about her daughter's disappearance. A federal grand jury indicted him on charges of extortion and wire fraud.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/10/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot-extradition/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(cross posted in the other JVDS thread)

BBM - I only hope I am still alive to see this happen!

Surely the statute of limitations for extortion will run out by 24 years. I know they want to try to get him for something, but you do have to work within the framework of the law.

Surely the statute of limitations for extortion will run out by 24 years. I know they want to try to get him for something, but you do have to work within the framework of the law.

The statue of limitation requires that he be indicted within a certain period of time. That has already taken place. So, he will be sitting in the prison in America after Peru. It says it in the article.

"In the United States, he's been indicted on federal charges of extortion and wire fraud. American authorities accuse him of extorting money from Holloway's mother by offering bogus information about her daughter's disappearance."

I just heard on Fox News that Joran V has been stabbed in prison & it's serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member