ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also it was reported that GG had previously purchased an insurance policy on Robyn for a trip in June, then she cancelled the trip. Could this be why he purchased an annual policy the second time around, in the event that she cancelled again? :groucho:

maybe he thought purchasing a years worth of insurance would make it appear there were more trips planned together
maybe he thought it looked less suspicious

What?
Personally, It stood out to me because I am the type to wear something different instead of the same thing two days in a row

Me also. Just trying to include all possibilities.

It seems he was scoping out the restaurant, maybe hours of operation...

...My point is, whatever happened, IMO, was not spur of the moment argument
The location appears to have been checked out the day before

I guess I'm not communicating my thoughts very well. I agree.:)

It seems he was scoping out the restaurant, maybe hours of operation...

...My point is, whatever happened, IMO, was not spur of the moment argument
The location appears to have been checked out the day before

I guess I'm not communicating my thoughts very well. I agree.:)[/quote]

LOL, its fine!!

Did they go there the day before so GG could scope it out and to see what time the restaurant closed? Or is it possible it was also so GG could prove he had the goods and to set up her hand-off for the following day? Was this the reason she was wearing the same dress, or did she just pack really light? Whether he murdered her or sold her is yet to be proven, either way his behavior is very suspicious.

They were only supposed to be there for four nights, it could be that she packed light. That dress was said to be her favorite, I've worn an outfit more than once on vacation especially during the daytime, or if she wore it as a bathing suit cover I can also see wearing the same thing. Easy to walk around in.

I agree his behavior is very suspicious but I don't think that going to the restaurant and finding it closed, then going back the next day is necessarily proof of anything. Could be they simply found it closed and went back.

Or like you say he could have wanted to scope out the place, to set her up, I just don't see proof either way just based on the fact that it was closed when they first went.

JMHO

So it would seem that the still photos of RG and GG came from restaurant surveillance video, not from someone taking photos because they admired her tattoos.

That's very clear surveillance video.

It also captured him at his car?

So it would seem that the still photos of RG and GG came from restaurant surveillance video, not from someone taking photos because they admired her tattoos.

That's very clear surveillance video.

It also captured him at his car?

Yes, it does
That makes far more sense to me than a stranger taking pictures

I'm sorry, I don't speak or read this language, dutch? Are they searching for Robyn in the ocean? If you can, please clarify. Thx :)

What the quote says is that "divers are searching the waters in the area where Robyn alledgedly dissappeared."

I tried to find where it was reported that the photos were taken by someone because they liked her tattoos but couldn't find it. There were references to it posted, that it was a tourist admiring her tattoos, but no links.

The ABC video report didn't state who took the photos.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/mystery-aruba-pictures-robyn-gardner-surface-gary-giordano-14361830

Maybe it came from the NE or DailyMail. Or the info became like the game telephone the more it was discussed.

<snipped>

Martin Savidge:

SAVIDGE: These are pretty interesting photos. These are, of course, photos that are taken at the Rum Reef Bar and Grill. This is where they were having their meal. And you are watching as Gary and Robyn walk away. And this, by the way, is the last time we will see Robyn Gardner.

And I asked the authorities -- first of all they're releasing them because they hope that people on the island will see these, see them in the clothes they were wearing and that this will have more eyewitnesses come forward and tell them how they may have seen this couple later.

But I said, well, who took these pictures. I mean, who takes pictures of people walking away? The authorities said, actually, it was a worker at the bar whose daughter has tattoos. Noticed the tattoos that Robyn Gardner has, which are quite prolific, and decided to take photos as she walked away. It sounds a bit bizarre, but those are the photographs, and they're out there now. And that is, as I say, we watch Robyn walk away to a fate as yet unknown.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/24/acd.02.html

<snipped>

Martin Savidge:

SAVIDGE: These are pretty interesting photos. These are, of course, photos that are taken at the Rum Reef Bar and Grill. This is where they were having their meal. And you are watching as Gary and Robyn walk away. And this, by the way, is the last time we will see Robyn Gardner.

And I asked the authorities -- first of all they're releasing them because they hope that people on the island will see these, see them in the clothes they were wearing and that this will have more eyewitnesses come forward and tell them how they may have seen this couple later.

But I said, well, who took these pictures. I mean, who takes pictures of people walking away? The authorities said, actually, it was a worker at the bar whose daughter has tattoos. Noticed the tattoos that Robyn Gardner has, which are quite prolific, and decided to take photos as she walked away. It sounds a bit bizarre, but those are the photographs, and they're out there now. And that is, as I say, we watch Robyn walk away to a fate as yet unknown.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/24/acd.02.html

Thanks

That is very strange. Did they release photographs taken by a worker when they also had security video of the same shots? The tattoos were on the other side.

They were only supposed to be there for four nights, it could be that she packed light. That dress was said to be her favorite, I've worn an outfit more than once on vacation especially during the daytime, or if she wore it as a bathing suit cover I can also see wearing the same thing. Easy to walk around in.

I agree his behavior is very suspicious but I don't think that going to the restaurant and finding it closed, then going back the next day is necessarily proof of anything. Could be they simply found it closed and went back.

Or like you say he could have wanted to scope out the place, to set her up, I just don't see proof either way just based on the fact that it was closed when they first went.

JMHO

It could be a different maxi dress. If you look closely at the undated picture the FBI used for her 'missing' poster, that dress has spaghetti straps--and on a pic provided by RF, they criss-cross or X in the back.

If you look at the shoots from hours before she went missing, that dress has wider staps that do NOT crisscross in the back, they just go straight down. She may have packed two very similar looking maxi dresses and wore one Sunday and the other Monday.

Dress one:
http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Robyn+Gardner/photos

http://www.radaronline.com/photos/image/140662

Dress two:
http://articles.nydailynews.com/201...n-authorities-dutch-caribbean-island-giordano

Thanks

That is very strange. Did they release photographs taken by a worker when they also had security video of the same shots? The tattoos were on the other side.

Was the worker who took the photos male? I'm just wondering if perhaps he's married or just doesn't want to look like a stalker-perv and he really just took the pictures cause he thought Robyn was hot. Or, not to be cruel, wanted to send a camera phone pic to a friend with a message like, "Can you believe this old fart is here with this hot thing?"

And then the worker realized he had to explain WHY he took these pics so.... it was her TATTOOS! (Which you can't see in these photos!) :waitasec:

ETA: OR they were, as stated upthread, stills from the surveillance cameras outside.

Was the worker who took the photos male? I'm just wondering if perhaps he's married or just doesn't want to look like a stalker-perv and he really just took the pictures cause he thought Robyn was hot. Or, not to be cruel, wanted to send a camera phone pic to a friend with a message like, "Can you believe this old fart is here with this hot thing?"

And then the worker realized he had to explain WHY he took these pics so.... it was her TATTOOS! (Which you can't see in these photos!) :waitasec:

Or

ABC has it wrong and it is from the surveillance tapes

Or

....and

at least it shows GG in swimming trunks, not still in his shorts and black shirt. So he changed....again I ask have they found HER dress, shoes , handbag, etc? They must have or surely that would be reason enough to have held GG, don't you think?
Sorry to keep harping on her clothes, but It seems I have become obsessed with them. They are taking on a life of their own:crazy:

okay - I've made a note of the new stuff for Aug. 1st and the 'new' times from survelliance videos on Aug 2nd. I will post the 'new' updated version of the TimeLine later on...

Or

But ABC never said where the photos came from.

Martin Savage from CNN reported that he spoke directly to authorities and that's who told him that it was a worker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500