ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be a different maxi dress. If you look closely at the undated picture the FBI used for her 'missing' poster, that dress has spaghetti straps--and on a pic provided by RF, they criss-cross or X in the back.

If you look at the shoots from hours before she went missing, that dress has wider staps that do NOT crisscross in the back, they just go straight down. She may have packed two very similar looking maxi dresses and wore one Sunday and the other Monday.

Dress one:
http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Robyn+Gardner/photos

http://www.radaronline.com/photos/image/140662

Dress two:
http://articles.nydailynews.com/201...n-authorities-dutch-caribbean-island-giordano

That could be.

Sorry, not much time to closely view these videos and stories, just bringing information from MSM just coming out. I've seen more footage and will try and bring it forward as found.

This footage shows GG at the same resturant the day before, along with a 2 page written story. Timestamps are in the video. here's a snippet...

"If I were interviewing him, I would really push him on .. .here you are sort of walking around like you don't really care and you're not really trying to find the people on the other side of those doors," said Brad Garrett, an ABC News consultant and retired FBI profiler.

Investigators said that it appeared that Giordano wanted to be visible on every camera at the restaurant as if to establish an alibi."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/aruba-suspect-gary-giordano-missing-maryland-woman-robyn/story?id=14499332

-bolded by me.

I am getting so fed up with the way ABC covers this.

First they claimed GG was knocking on shutters at 6:02 PM, then vanished for 20 minutes (suspicious acc to ABC) then comes back and tries to find someone again.

Now the footage shows this was not true, GG was there the entire time, walking all sides of the building in hopes to find someone.
He may not have been screaming or pulling his hair, he does look like he is trying to find somone.

On the video the times GG can be seen August 2 looking for help:

18:15 knocking on several back doors.

18: 16 walking up the stairs.

18:16 walking along the bar.

18:17 walking the bar area

then walking around to the back (no footage).

18:20 per earlier reports, GG finds someone at the kitchen and asked them to call the police.

So he never disappeared for 20 minutes as claimed by ABC, he was there the whole time looking for someone. IMO

But now that it is a fact he did not disappear for 20 minutes he is even more suspicious acc to ABC, "Giordano wanted to be visible on every camera at the restaurant as if to establish an alibi."

What alibi would that be, Robyn had already disappeared so what was there to gain for him to be caught on camera after the fact?

But ABC never said where the photos came from.

Martin Savage from CNN reported that he spoke directly to authorities and that's who told him that it was a worker.

In their video of today they said these two photo's were taken with a Blackberry (see the video linked several times on the page before this one).

I asume the ones taken with the Balckberry are the same ones Savidge is referring to.

Or maybe both are confused and the ones taken with the Balckberry were the ones of Robyn sitting with the menu card in front of her, on which her tattoo's are very prominent, same dress too.

So far I have seen no one confirming if those pics could be taken at Rum Reef, while it must not be that difficult to figure out, IMO.

In the video's released today it is shown (allegedly) that Robyn and GG were at the same area the day before.

Their car passes the restaurant at 3:09, then at 3:41 they are walking the beach behind the restaurant.

I assume the licence plate of the car being checked, and this being RG and GG.

That means they drove by, parked the car, walked around (not being captured on video on Baby Beach) and still were walking around at 3:41, so they walked there for around 30 minutes, which is a long time to walk there, the hottest time of day, they were both fully dressed and it seems GG it wearing long trousers.

Why would anyone walk that area fully dressed for 30 minutes, they only had 5 days to spend on the island, it is not a gorgeous place, not an interesting place either.

If GG had plans as some think he had, then what would he tell Robyn about what exactly they were doing there? Would she just walk around, no questions asked, around 33 C, in a long dress, why would she?

And then the next day again they go there, again "explore" the beach behind the Rum Reef, and Robyn (who was staying in a really beautiful hotel with a nice pool and beach/private island) would then still not wonder why again she was taken to that place?

If their intention was to go into the sea or to suntan there, they could have done so the day before.
If Gary had sinister plans, then would it not have been more convenient for him the day the restaurant was closed?
If he wanted to explore the area, if Robyn took sleeping pills that day, and probably slept some time during the day, then Gary could have explored the area without Robyn, without the risk she may be wondering why GG took her to this unappealing place twice.

when he returns to the restaurant by himself (shirtless w/swim trunks)... he's "banging" on doors, but he doesn't look worried. he doesn't stay at any one door too long, waiting for someone to answer... it looks more like he's slapping each door a couple times. he's not running, he doesn't look panicked. o_O

-bolded by me.

This is claimed on ABC too, that he was so calm, not panicking at all just trying to establish an alibi, being aware of all the camera's etc.

I think that reasoning does not make sense.
If GG planned all this, with the sole purpose to cash 1,5 million, then how hard would it be for him to run around frantically, scream, slam on doors for minutes etc.

IMO the fact that he does not do that makes it less likely this all is planned by him, less likely that he murdered Robyn. IMO

-bolded by me.

This is claimed on ABC too, that he was so calm, not panicking at all just trying to establish an alibi, being aware of all the camera's etc.

I think that reasoning does not make sense.
If GG planned all this, with the sole purpose to cash 1,5 million, then how hard would it be for him to run around frantically, scream, slam on doors for minutes etc.

IMO the fact that he does not do that makes it less likely this all is planned by him, less likely that he murdered Robyn. IMO

I see your point. But to me he looks devastatingly nervous. A man who is not an experienced killer, who just killed someone, someone he knew intimately and had been spending close time with...might just be a little bit out of sorts. Hard to carry forth activities with precision and care. Acting partly "on autopilot". Especially if alcohol is also involved.

I realize it's all speculation at this point (as it has been for the last month), but that footage of him at around 6 pm that day at the Rum Reef, to me, sealed the deal. He has the demeanor of a guilty, but not very bright, killer.

I see your point. But to me he looks devastatingly nervous. A man who is not an experienced killer, who just killed someone, someone he knew intimately and had been spending close time with...might just be a little bit out of sorts. Hard to carry forth activities with precision and care. Acting partly "on autopilot". Especially if alcohol is also involved.

-respectfully snipped by me.

If he looks devastatingly nervous then why do you interpretate that as an unexperienced killer? If he just lost someone in the sea he would be devastatingly nervous aswell.

If he looks devastatingly nervous then why do you interpretate that as an unexperienced killer? If he just lost someone in the sea he would be devastatingly nervous aswell.

BBM

And in a state of full scale panic? And frantic to boot?

No, I think that's a different state of mind. He's moving too slowly, too methodically, too systematically. A person who just lost someone at sea would be madly trying to get help, yelling, running, banging, screaming and begging for help. I think his movements show an amateurish calculation. As in, "OK, I neexd to move around, make noise, act like I'm looking for help," but compromised by a state of mind that is distracted, self-absorbed, lost, afraid for himself.

Mind you, I recognize this is pure guesswork. These are just my observations. They are based on 20 years of practicing law and trying to measure the veracity of witnesses and so forth, but that doesn't make them any less guesswork.

I think they'll nail this ******* before it's over, despite the fact that they (ALE) are totally incompetent, understaffed, underfunded, undertrained and lacking in resources. He's just that stupid.

Edit: Ha. It appears that calling a GG by his true colors is prohibited here. I meant to say he is an azz-hole. :)

Not to mention after Robyn supposedly was in trouble and drowning, GG in his rush to get her help has the presence of mind to put on his tennis shoes while she's supposedly drowning.

Well, he wouldnt have known that she was drowning for sure, only that he couldn't find her. What would you do? If you ran around frantically, pundits would take that as a sign of guilt. If you wandered around confused, pundits would take that as a sign of guilt. If you were deliberate in your actions, pundits would take that as a sign of guilt.

The problem he has is that everyone has decided he is guilty, so matter what he did or didn't do, they are going to view it in a malevolent light.

At the end of the day however, evidence is what is required.

Well, he wouldnt have known that she was drowning for sure, only that he couldn't find her. What would you do? If you ran around frantically, pundits would take that as a sign of guilt. If you wandered around confused, pundits would take that as a sign of guilt. If you were deliberate in your actions, pundits would take that as a sign of guilt.

He wouldn't have known? I'd say when she didn't surface he had an emergency. Yes getting her help was an emergency, I don't buy he didn't know.

The problem he has is that everyone has decided he is guilty, so matter what he did or didn't do, they are going to view it in a malevolent light.

I think everyone at this point thinks he's suspicious. I'm not sure there's enough evidence to convict but we really haven't seen ALL the evidence. If he's charged it's up to a Aruban court to determine his charges or guilt.

Yes. Evidence.

The vids are evidence.

Evidence is anything a judge decides the jury can hear.

Well, he did seem to show premature and considerable interest in collecting on the life insurance policy and then attempted to flee the country while lying that Robyn was taking a different flight. Why? I just think it's the whole picture, not just one component that causes GG to look guilty, JMO.

But ABC never said where the photos came from.

Martin Savage from CNN reported that he spoke directly to authorities and that's who told him that it was a worker.

Maybe the worker thought she was a pretty lady and was concerned about her. One report stated the employees at the restaurant thought GG's behavior was odd.

Not to mention after Robyn supposedly was in trouble and drowning, GG in his rush to get her help has the presence of mind to put on his tennis shoes while she's supposedly drowning.

i didn't notice/think about that! good catch!

No, I think that's a different state of mind. He's moving too slowly, too methodically, too systematically. A person who just lost someone at sea would be madly trying to get help, yelling, running, banging, screaming and begging for help. I think his movements show an amateurish calculation. As in, "OK, I neexd to move around, make noise, act like I'm looking for help," but compromised by a state of mind that is distracted, self-absorbed, lost, afraid for himself.

Mind you, I recognize this is pure guesswork. These are just my observations. They are based on 20 years of practicing law and trying to measure the veracity of witnesses and so forth, but that doesn't make them any less guesswork.

I think they'll nail this ******* before it's over, despite the fact that they (ALE) are totally incompetent, understaffed, underfunded, undertrained and lacking in resources. He's just that stupid.

Edit: Ha. It appears that calling a GG by his true colors is prohibited here. I meant to say he is an azz-hole. :)

Totally agree, do you have any idea at all why they haven't brought in search dogs? Thx:)

So he never disappeared for 20 minutes as claimed by ABC, he was there the whole time looking for someone. IMO

But now that it is a fact he did not disappear for 20 minutes he is even more suspicious acc to ABC, "Giordano wanted to be visible on every camera at the restaurant as if to establish an alibi."

What alibi would that be, Robyn had already disappeared so what was there to gain for him to be caught on camera after the fact?
Well, understanding that ABC is not perfect, it does appear that GG is attempting to appear to try to get help. He's not excited, frantic, desperate as someone would be if their friend were in trouble and they wanted to save them. Really, if Robyn had been, as he claimed, swept out to sea, why wasn't he out there in the ocean trying to find her, he's the Big Tuff Mr. Scuba Man, after all. If they did go out in those rough waters, which would have been totally stupid and irresponsible, but nevertheless, if they did, then he would have been the one who put her in that treacherous situation, so that should have made him feel even more responsible than ever for her, IMO.

Sorry must be here somewhere but I have missed it.

Whats the time difference in her going missing (last seen at restaurant) and GG coming back to the restaurant later.

Was the car moved, did they drive anywhere or was the beach quite close to the restaurant.

Whats with the plastic blue cups?

I wonder why she went to the bathroom so many times, they were only there for an hour.

Well, understanding that ABC is not perfect, it does appear that GG is attempting to appear to try to get help. He's not excited, frantic, desperate as someone would be if their friend were in trouble and they wanted to save them. Really, if Robyn had been, as he claimed, swept out to sea, why wasn't he out there in the ocean trying to find her, he's the Big Tuff Mr. Scuba Man, after all. If they did go out in those rough waters, which would have been totally stupid and irresponsible, but nevertheless, if they did, then he would have been the one who put her in that treacherous situation, so that should have made him feel even more responsible than ever for her, IMO.

What about mobile phones, it proves robyn had hers, as she text her boyfriend. Why didnt GG stay on the beach waiting for her to resurface (if she had drowned). And call the police from there. Why walk away????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500