AS lie detector test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radaronline thrives on innuendo. Nowhere have I seen LE say they asked Adam to repeat the poly and he declined. If the examiner thought he was being truthful, it's no surprise that LE decided not to go to the expense of repeating it.

JMO

So by your decision this MSM quote isn't good because you don't like the reporting? This is a legitimate MSM link where they SPOKE to the examiner. If you don't like it, that's cool, but it doesn't make it any less the truth.

Always MOO

So by your decision this MSM quote isn't good because you don't like the reporting? This is a legitimate MSM link where they SPOKE to the examiner. If you don't like it, that's cool, but it doesn't make it any less the truth.

Always MOO

I didn't say it wasn't true, I said it doesn't say that LE asked Adam to take another poly. Adam can't take another poly if one isn't offered to him.

I don't believe I am alone in my dislike of innuendo being twisted into fact.

JMO

SDPD's handling of the case went beyond being just incompetent. It shows they tried their best to cover something up and make the whole case go away.

I don't mean to nitpick but I just want to point out that it was the San Diego Sheriff's Department, not SDPD. SDPD was not involved in the case.

I agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly though.

Wow... watch carefully.... when AS answers NO.. he shakes his head yes....

then at the end... do you think she committed suicide.. he says YES and shakes his head no...

Wow....

All I will say about this is that I think it is REAL hinky that LE gave AS a pass on this inconclusive polygraph test. Especially considering he is the only one around that we know knows about mariners knots. No proof RZ did. And considering he was the only other person we knew to be around the place that night. Real hinky....

Well....we know there was also a Romano twin on the premises Tuesday night and until I read a witness stating she saw a female with either Romano twin description walking back to DS house on a clear summer night.....I'll just assume she stayed longer than she told police.

(Copying my post from the "suicide" thread, as it fits in this discussion.)

I don't think there is any way to "spin" Paul Pfingst's fairly immediate presence on the scene, as innocuous, expected, collaborative, friendly, helpful, or anything similar. And his presence can't be dismissed, either. It's highly significant.

He wasn't just "passing by" either. He was contacted rapidly, just a few hours after the body was discovered, from someone who knew exactly how to get almost immediate personal access to this former prosecutor in private practice. The person who called, IMO, was not flipping thru the yellow pages, or searching google for "find a lawyer." And the person who contacted Paul Pfingst was successful at persuading this high power attorney to literally drop what he was doing for the day, and get in the car to go to the scene. To represent "someone", who we now know was Adam. To "protect his rights", I'm sure.

Paul Pfingst's presence is a huge piece of evidence in how Rebecca's death investigation unfolded in the earliest hours-- imo, and the opinion of many others. It's not innuendo or speculation-- it is factual that he was contacted, he went there, he was photographed inside the crime tape with investigators (and in a "chummy" fashion), he was calling the police station unpublished numbers to intervene/ interfere with the questioning of AS-- who, from Ann Rule's descriptions, didn't even know he HAD an attorney, at that point. And if I'm not mistaken, AS was not even still at the mansion when PP showed up, so an excuse that he came to pick up his client can't even be used.

Attorneys who represent anyone connected with a suspicious death are not permitted to be part of a death investigation or crime scene processing, in any way. That is not their job. He wasn't just "at" the scene-- he was "inside" the scene. That is a clear conflict of interest. Period.

Paul Pfingst's presence and involvement is extremely significant. And he knew he shouldn't have been there, either. He's a former prosecutor, for pete's sake. He was using his recognition and influence, period, imo.

He was there even BEFORE the ME's office responded (lol, it's easier to get a defense attorney than a medical examiner), with the body still there, uncovered and displayed grotesquely to gawkers and news helicopters. He absolutely used his influence to get onto, and inside the scene of what was initially suspected by police to be a murder, and he CONTINUED to use the influence and knowledge from his previous position as DA by making calls into the interrogation rooms (unpublished numbers) at the jail to influence what was happening with Adam Shacknai.

I think this is a very strong argument for conflict of interest and impropriety in the investigation, and I hope the AG's office agrees at some point.

Don't forget that his former Assistant DA was now IN 2011 the Special Advisor/Consultant to the Sheriff's Office and was also the former SDSO Director of Forensic Services in charge of the SDSO Crime Lab and investigators....GREG THOMPSON.

Wow... watch carefully.... when AS answers NO.. he shakes his head yes....

then at the end... do you think she committed suicide.. he says YES and shakes his head no...

Wow....

When he 's describing how he ran into the house to get a knife to cut her down, he 's also shaking his head "no ". It will be interesting if we get to see the entire interview.

When he 's describing how he ran into the house to get a knife to cut her down, he 's also shaking his head "no ". It will be interesting if we get to see the entire interview.

Betty - I didn't pick up on that initially so I went back to look at it again. I did
read yesterday about a dozen "experts" discussing tips on lie detection and shaking one's head different than the answer he/she gives is a "lie tell."

I have made a mental note to NEVER take a lie detector test. When you do something in good faith, this is how you are treated?

Adam said in the polygraph exam, "She couldn't live with it."

Are these the exact same words used by Nina in her audio interview with CBS8?

I'm hoping someone can refresh my memory on a couple things.

The person administering the LDT clearly states the results are in the "inconclusive" range. He also says he's not really worried about it. But I think I recall reading there was a recommendation for a second LDT that was ignored. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm hoping someone can remind me.

Also, I recall Gore reported AS passed the LDT "with flying colors." I don't recall when he said this, however. Did he state this publicly, or was this something he said privately to the Zahau family?

TIA.

Do we know when AS was given the lie detector test?

Adam said in the polygraph exam, "She couldn't live with it."

Are these the exact same words used by Nina in her audio interview with CBS8?

From Nina's interview -

REPORTER: There's no doubt in your mind or in Dina's mind that Rebecca committed suicide?

NINA: Oh I think she committed suicide for sure. Oh yeah. I think she was guilty. I think she felt guilty. I think that -- my experience, I'm only speaking for myself -- but I think from my experience, she knew more than what she disclosed.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/nina_romano.mp3

I'm hoping someone can refresh my memory on a couple things.

The person administering the LDT clearly states the results are in the "inconclusive" range. He also says he's not really worried about it. But I think I recall reading there was a recommendation for a second LDT that was ignored. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm hoping someone can remind me.

Also, I recall Gore reported AS passed the LDT "with flying colors." I don't recall when he said this, however. Did he state this publicly, or was this something he said privately to the Zahau family?

TIA.

Renowned Polygrapher: Jonah Shacknai’s Brother Needs To Take Another Lie Detector Test

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...brother-needs-take-another-lie-detector-test/

On July 15, 2011, Adam Shacknai was given a lie detector test. Search warrants that were unsealed by a San Diego judge reveal, that “Detective Lebitski and Detective Hillen facilitated a polygraph examination of Adam Shacknai with Polygrapher Paul Redden. Redden said based on the analysis of the polygraph charts he couldn’t draw a conclusion, but felt Adam was being truthful during the examination.”

BBM

Where did AS get the knife? From a drawer as stated in the Ann's book or from a butcher block as stated during Adam's polygraph examination?

Snip-

AS: I think.. I got to reach her and realized I wasn't going to be able to get her off without a knife. You know I tried -- I realized -- quite quickly. You know I realized this thing will happen like this. I went around the back into the house which the door was open. I got a knife with the butcher block thing -- came back out -- cut her down -- and tried called 9-1-1 shortly thereafter -- if not before.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/22221589/...raph-exam-of-adam-shacknai?clienttype=generic

Snip -

“The Memphis tugboat captain said he was crossing the square of grass below the balcony of Becky’s bedroom/office when he saw her hanging there. Luckily, he had been able to find the right drawer in the large kitchen where knives were kept, and he grabbed one and raced back to cut her down.”

Excerpt From: Rule, Ann. “Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors.” This material may be protected by copyright.

Do we know when AS was given the lie detector test?

“Redden began the test at 6:40 and continued for two hours. At first he asked only innocuous general questions. He noted his subject’s response to deliberate “lie questions.”

Excerpt From: Rule, Ann. “Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors.” This material may be protected by copyright.

Oops, posted this on wrong thread, so have moved it here... Apologies.
Not easy to discern certain AS' words at times. His thoughts often jump nonsensically. All corrections welcome:

News 8 Exclusive - The polygraph examination of Adam Shacknai
http://www.cbs8.com/story/22221589/n...nttype=generic

Date: 7/13/2011
Time video begins: 7:33:17PM

AS: I think.. I got to reach her and realized I wasn't going to be able to get her off without a knife. You know I tried -- I realized -- quite quickly. You know I realized this thing will happen like this. I went around the back into the house which the door was open. I got a knife with the butcher block thing -- came back out -- cut her down -- and tried called 9-1-1 shortly thereafter -- if not before.

PR: OK. Did you at any point think she was alive?

AS: I'm well.. you know. Call me a can-do person or something -- but -- probably not. But I thought, how would I answer -- for this if I didn't try something. I'm a responsible person.

PR: OK. Tried some CPR?

AS: Yeah

PR: OK. Have you been trained in that? With the boat stuff?

AS: Years and years ago. Not enough to amount to anything.

PR: OK. So, tried some CPR. Now -- and so -- was there anything else unusual? What kind of chain (unintelligible?) was it, like a bed sheet or what?

AS: It was a ******ing rope, man. Red rope. Unless my memory is failing me, you know, something -- it wasn't just something that you would be laying around, somewhere. I wouldn't think.

PR: Alright. So could you tell whether it was a material or something?

AS: Kinda like a Kevlar, synthetic

PR: OK. Like nylon...

PR: Or something like that?

PR: OK, and -- so what, there were no shoes, not a stitch on?

AS: Not that I recall

PR: So her hands were hanging down by her side then?

AS: I don't know because here's the thing. I don't remember about her hands. Because after I cut her down I went to take her pulse -- you know -- at some point, which I didn't even do at first. I remember having to get something out of the way -- of her hands -- and that's why I've been asking these detectives and stuff if she was tied up or what. I mean I'm like, I'm kind of in all a blur [cross talk]...

PR: Blur yeah.

AS: You know but -- but I remember having to move something to try to get her pulse out of the way -- you know very much [cross talk]

PR: You don't remember anything unusual?

AS: I don't remember that, but I just -- I fear -- I hope to God she wasn't tied up but -- and again -- I asked the detectives there -- you know -- I don't recall.

PR: Now as far as the CPR. You did the chest compressions and you did blow in her mouth, in her nose?

AS: I got the -- once I got 9-1-1 on the line, I went ahead and blew in her mouth.

PR: OK. And her mouth was open and clear and everything?

AS: I didn't even do all that at first. I should have. I didn't. I didn't do that tilt. I think they said tilt the head back and do that. I didn't do any of that stuff.

PR: OK

AS: I just put my mouth over hers and said **** it, it's my brother's girlfriend and I'll do it. And I did it.

PR: And there was no tape across her mouth or anything like this?

AS: No. There was a ******ing gag in her mouth though.

PR: A gag in her mouth?

PR: What was that?

AS: Something, yeah. I had to pull something out of her ****ing mouth. It was like a blue scarf.

[time stamp jumps from 7:36:54PM to 7:40:29PM]

PR: Does it seem to you like it's a suicide then at that point?

AS: YES ABSOLUTELY [AS sits forward in chair, then leans back]

PR: OK, and what makes you think that?

AS: It's just what crossed my mind you know -- just because -- I thought she was THERE, when Max got hurt,supposedly. UM UM -- you know maybe she just can't LIVE with it, you know. I've never been in that situation. I'm not going to -- I can't say that I could, especially if it was someone else's kid, you know.

PR: Did she seem suicidal or anything like that?

AS: No. I don't get -- you know, I mean -- you just don't ever think of that.

[time stamp jumps from 7:40:29PM to 8:11:49PM]

PR: Look straight ahead listen and concentrate on each question.

AS: OK

PR: Only respond yes or no

AS: OK

PR: But the most important thing of all is what?

AS: Be honest?

PR: That's it. Be honest, don't lie, be honest in your answers [unintelligible]

PR: Regarding the death of Rebecca, do you know for sure if anyone did anything to hurt her that resulted in her death?

AS: No

PR: Regarding the death of Rebecca, did you yourself do anything to her that resulted in her death?

PR: Regarding the death of Rebecca, were you in that guest room that she was found hanging from at any time during the night?

[time stamp jumps from 8:22:47PM to 8:40:19PM]

PR: These are hard tests to do when you're this close to what's going on here like you said...

PR: Because it's hard to get rid of that emotional factor

AS: Right

PR: Um, and you could have done a whole lot worse on the test (AS shakes head). And you could have done a whole lot better too.

AS: (makes a psshoo sound - snaps finger)

PR: Based on what I've got here -- we're kind of in the inconclusive range. But it clearly doesn't bother me that much, because I think that if you were (unintelligible) that close, there is no way I could prevent you from giving me SOME reaction. But as far as being involved in it, I am not INCLINED to believe that. Um, but you're definitely not flunking my test, so that's kinda -- somewhat of a good thing.

[Time stamp jumps from 8:41:44PM to 8:44:44PM]

PR: Appreciate your cooperation. I know it's a tough thing to do and certainly appreciate you working with us on this. Wasn't so bad, was it?

AS: It was.

PR: It wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be though?

AS: It was.

PR: It was?

AS: Yeah.

[Time stamp ends 8:44:56PM]

-----------------------------

There were 10 questions. The video only includes 3 of them. Within the first 12 hours Rebecca's death was being investigated as a homicide. AS discovered her body, thus any investigation would consider him a POI. Why is Mr Redden so darn appreciative and accommodating to AS?! Will comment more on this under separate comment.

ETA: http://www.cbs8.com/story/22221589/news-8-exclusive-the-polygraph-exam-of-adam-shacknai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB