AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely off topic - who is the member here who had an incredibly frightening brush with (probably) Milat? It popped into my memory tonight. She was in a car with him and the car had been modified to have no handle to open the door?

This is going to seem off topic but I promise it's relevant. Bear with me!

In the early '90s there was a TV show called 'Weddings', hosted by Jane Hall. I remember there was one episode which showcased the wedding of a Rebels member. I reading a few years afterwards in a trashy magazine at the hairdresser's (probably while getting my hair done for my own wedding) that the police were VERY interested in that episode because the reception was held at the Rebels' clubhouse, so they recorded footage and went over it numerous times.

That (the TV show) was my first real introduction into bikies and the illegal activities they participated in. I remember asking mum, while I was watching the show, why they highlighted that bikie group and she explained to me what gangs were (disclaimer - I know that not all bikies are involved in illegal activities). Soon after that a guy from a bikie gang tried to persuade me to ride away with him - I was 19 at the time and knew nothing of him except that I served him regularly at the fast food shop I worked at. I was friendly to all customers, but then one day as I was ringing up his chicken and chips he asked me to move to a new town with him! I had no idea what he was really saying or asking me to do.

But it wasn't until years later that I really understood.

Anyway, I wonder if, as a young woman, Karlie was naive to what really happened in some of the circles she maybe moved in? I truly had no idea. If I didn't have a steady boyfriend at the time, or if I'd been having normal teenage family troubles, who knows what could have happened to me if I'd jumped on the back of that guy's Harley?

It's a good job you didn't go off with him. My thoughts were that she probably met someone who was into drugs when she was working picking fruit, or something like that, but I have to say, I think the type of scenario you just highlighted is quite plausible. It would be very easy to get drawn into the money and lifestyle, especially if you were a young, vulnerable girl, who was trying to get a bit of money with a small child in tow.

Completely off topic - who is the member here who had an incredibly frightening brush with (probably) Milat? It popped into my memory tonight. She was in a car with him and the car had been modified to have no handle to open the door?

It was Ausgirl from memory.

It's a good job you didn't go off with him. My thoughts were that she probably met someone who was into drugs when she was working picking fruit, or something like that, but I have to say, I think the type of scenario you just highlighted is quite plausible. It would be very easy to get drawn into the money and lifestyle, especially if you were a young, vulnerable girl, who was trying to get a bit of money with a small child in tow.

It happened so long ago, but I remember wondering at the time why he would ask me to go with him. I knew his first name, but we had never spoken except across the counter of the fast food shop where I was working. I thought it was a bit strange (strange enough not to tell my parents, but to suss it out with my workmates). But I truly had no idea. I was so naive.

I do remember that he promised me he would take care of everything I needed. I can imagine that would appeal to a young girl who possibly had a falling out with family and a young child to look after. She may not have known the danger she was getting herself into, IF (big if) that is what happened.

So, someone tell me if this is correct please...
The photo of Karlie at Marion Shopping Centre was only a day or two after she left Alice Springs?
Is that right.

So, someone tell me if this is correct please...
The photo of Karlie at Marion Shopping Centre was only a day or two after she left Alice Springs?
Is that right.

I don't think anyone has said precisely when it was that Karlie and Khandalyce left Alice Springs. The impression I have is that it was not long before she went to Adelaide but I have also seen suggestions that they might have left earlier. However, it's hard to imagine setting of with a babe in arms.

The blog in The Australian really paints a very nasty picture of Karlie and her family.
It's paywalled but the summary is that the Police find no evidence of her receiving welfare and yet she comes from a very welfare-dependant family.
The "friends" they spoke to seem to think Karlie was drug running for some time before disappearing and that her mother and step-father knew it.
They mention posts on the down defunct FB "Help Find Karlie" page as implying that Mum and Karlie had a bust up over her drug involvement.
I know it is a blog and mostly opinion based on unnamed sources, but if it's correct, then the murders may have been a drug deal gone wrong or a retribution for ripping off a major dealer.
It's a horrible article as it seems to be blaming Karlie for her own murder.

please , what is MAKO.
The number of possible names out there for this inmate - just from NSW lists alone is pretty frightening. Half the time no-one's even heard of these guys which is worse really. I noticed Graham Harrison's name has come up with Raymond Cornwall's in this article

http://www.news.com.au/national/cou...he-warning-signs/story-fncynjr2-1226722713261

He has a similar parole>breach>rearrest>parole>breach>rearrest etcetc history to him too. Cornwall was rearrested & sentenced to 9 months in Jan 2008, making him due for release around Oct 2008. According to MAKO Harrison was due for release on 27 Nov 2008. I can't find anything on them since but they were both going in & out of custody so often up until 2008 that it's hard to believe there haven't been further sentences.

There was this too, Mittagong's about 35mins from Belanglo. It's kind of local to me but I hadn't even heard of this couple. He was sentenced in 2013

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/1...ace-total-of-42-child-sexual-assault-charges/

And even if she was a drug dealer, she still didn't deserve to be murdered.
Her child most definitely did not.

The Australian is News Ltd... it might use more a more dignified broadsheet layout, but it's Daily Terrorgraph at heart.

JaneSA, the harshness and blaming tone of the blog doesn't surprise me, coming from that newspaper. Even if Karlie was involved in drug supplies (and that could also mean drug consumption), it appears that she would have been very young at the time. I think it's horrible to blame someone for their death and that of their toddler daughter even if she was caught up in the wrong crowd.

On a different point, I went through the NSW names on Mako website looking for people sentenced in early 2013 for about 4-5 years. I found a couple gaoled in early 2013 for long periods but no-one that seemed to fit the description of the POI who was questioned in the last couple of days. I almost went cross-eyed and focused on that point, not reading the full stories. It is possible I missed it but I don't think so. It occurred to me that if the offence he is presently serving time for was not related to harming a child or sexual assault, it might not have been picked up by whoever it is who maintains the Mako website.

please , what is MAKO.

It is a website aimed at informing Australians about convicted sex offenders.

http://www.mako.org.au/home.html

In Australia the Federal or State Government/s DO NOT provide the Public with access to
sex offender registries, nor are the Public notified if a convicted sex offender is moving into/ residing in their community (community notification) ..

Its no secret that Sex offenders, especially Paedophiles "ARE likely to Re-offend", so "PUBLIC AWARENESS" is a very Important part of PREVENTION.

Most of you would agree with us that "JAIL" is the best place for convicted sex offenders..the fact is that many live in "unsuspecting" communities, including near schools/ playgrounds etc...

Now, if Karlie was murdered because she got on the wrong side of a major dealer, that might help explain a few things.

Firstly, why she was dumped without any serious attempt to conceal her body.
Secondly, why her daughter was killed too.

What do you do with the 2 yo daughter of a drug runner you have just killed?
Disgusting as it sounds, you have to kill her too.

But I imagine even the most hardened killer is revolted by killing a 2yo child.
Could that account for the sentimentality in keeping her possessions?

OR

Could the possessions and suitcase have been kept by a third party, disgusted by the act, who held onto them as possible future evidence, or perhaps as a safeguard/guarantee that ensured they would not be killed too?

Would that explain recovering the child's remains and placing them in the suitcase at a later date (as we know forensics say happened)?

Has someone been keeping Khandle's remains for years because it was a form of insurance for them?
Is it possible that the danger has now passed because the killer is serving a life term or has died, and so the person keeping them for insurance dropped them off where they might, or might not be found and left the result in the lap of the gods?

And even if she was a drug dealer, she still didn't deserve to be murdered.
Her child most definitely did not.

The Australian is News Ltd... it might use more a more dignified broadsheet layout, but it's Daily Terrorgraph at heart.

I certainly agree with that.
I hope nobody thought I thought that.
I was only reiterating what I had read and going from there.
However, we have to face the fact that drugs is statistically far more likely than paedophilia.
In a bizarre sort of a way though, I rather hope it was getting messed up in a drug crowd and not the later.

The blog in The Australian really paints a very nasty picture of Karlie and her family.
It's paywalled but the summary is that the Police find no evidence of her receiving welfare and yet she comes from a very welfare-dependant family.
The "friends" they spoke to seem to think Karlie was drug running for some time before disappearing and that her mother and step-father knew it.
They mention posts on the down defunct FB "Help Find Karlie" page as implying that Mum and Karlie had a bust up over her drug involvement.
I know it is a blog and mostly opinion based on unnamed sources, but if it's correct, then the murders may have been a drug deal gone wrong or a retribution for ripping off a major dealer.

Jane an you post the link anyways ..... some people have paid subscriptions.

Oh yeah no, I didn't think that, I was just jumping off from your post to express general :gaah::tantrum::banghead::sick: feelings about The Australian.

Bikies are certainly feral enough to do something this heinous, also it may explain why others would willingly (and uselessly) dispose of a suitcase containing a child's body.

Hmmm, I really don't think they would harm children....just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname