AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is also quite possible that Karlie made the purchase herself using her own card. She may have needed a case for more organization in her vehicle. Karlie was still alive at this time.

I understand that, my response was more to the poster saying they didn't understand WHY the Police had yet to speak to the Management of Strandbags @ Mt Gambier. :)

Detectives have identified a purchase made from Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s bank account at a Strandbags store in Mount Gambier on November 17, 2008, reports The Australian. The chain was the only Australian stockists of the dark grey Lanza suitcase in which Khandalyce’s remains were found near an Outback highway in July this year.

Both Ms Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce were known to be in the company of Holdom and his then partner Hazel Passmore, 33, in the last half of 2008. Photographs of Khandalyce in November show her wearing clothes that were found in the tattered suitcase, The Australian said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ces-bones-inside/story-fnihsrk2-1227597393922

The purchase at Strandbags on 17 November 2008 suggests that Karlie herself probably purchased the suitcase. (This will depend upon the $ value of the purchase, but …I'm making assumptions.)

*IF* Karlie purchased the suitcase on 17 November 2008 then the suitcase was probably in her possession when she was murdered on 14 - 15 December 2008.

*IF* the suitcase was in Karlie’s possession at that time of her murder then the question is: Who took control of that suitcase after Karlie’s death? (Who was in a position to take control of it?)

so it was purchased 2 days after the accident when DH and HP would have been in hospital

Detectives have identified a purchase made from Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s bank account at a Strandbags store in Mount Gambier on November 17, 2008, reports The Australian. The chain was the only Australian stockists of the dark grey Lanza suitcase in which Khandalyce’s remains were found near an Outback highway in July this year.

Both Ms Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce were known to be in the company of Holdom and his then partner Hazel Passmore, 33, in the last half of 2008. Photographs of Khandalyce in November show her wearing clothes that were found in the tattered suitcase, The Australian said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ces-bones-inside/story-fnihsrk2-1227597393922

Here is something worth thinking about, if Karlie purchased the case on the way to ACT and Khandalyce never made it back to Adelaide ...he surely wouldn't want to be caught traveling Khandalyce after killing her mother..... so if the case never made it back, where did the boys clothing come from?

How incredibly sad IF karlie purchased the suitcase that would become her daughters grave ������

And another thing, how did he get back to Adelaide? did he use Karlie's car I wonder, <Modsnip> did he have a driver? the second woman maybe!

Such an enchanting story coming from a 16 year old whose fiancée was caught with her ex girlfriends credit card in his wallet interstate

So 16 year old fiancée is not engaged now she knows some of the news reports in the

newspapers?

A 16 yr old fiancee who was 12 years old in 2008, making her just 2-3 yrs older then the eldest child in the car accident of that same year. Which also means she was *at most* 12 yrs old when she met DH & either12 or just turned 13 when Karlie & Khandalyce were murdered.

According to msm the relationship didn't commence until mid- 2012 when she'd turned 16 & reached the legal age of consent in the ACT. The use of Karlie's ATM card & phone had, according to police, ceased in 2011, the year before her relationship with this man commenced.

Unfortunately the media sources have left it to the reader to assume when/if/how the relationship between DH & the minor ended & naturally this has led many to assume the relationship continued until relatively recently. I said in a previous post that they had reported the relationship was volatile by Dec 2012 & I'll say now, as I said then, that I'll just leave it at that.

The DM article Makara linked said very clearly that police themselves say this teenager (& she's still in her teens now) is being treated as a witness, not a suspect. They haven't left anything open to interpretation as they did (& still are doing) with HP. They came out & nipped all the rumour & supposition in the bud as soon as the teen's connection with DH became public.

I know her name's been published & that's supposed to make her "fair game" now, but it's worth remembering that

1. she wasn't just a legal minor, she was, at most 12 & a child, by any definition, when she met this man

2. According to every source linked in this thread, her relationship with DH didn't commence until mid 2012.

3. She remained a child/minor, not even over the legal age of consent, throughout the years Karlie's ph & ATM were being used (ie up until 2011) & when the relationship did commence, the use of Karlie's ph & ATM had already ceased - a year earlier.

4. If there had been a crossover period between their relationship & the alleged illegal activities in relation to this case, or she was actually being charged with a crime, the Aus media *& we* could not name or otherwise identify her due to her age at the time (ie under 17).

If she was a suspect, pictures of her family's home & their current address, her face, soc med posts, name, etcetc - anything that could identify this minor would be completely off limits. The fact that she's not a suspect/being charged has placed her in the very unfair position of having her name & actions while still a minor, published in connection with an awful, awful crime. This public record will be there for the rest of her life. It's worse still if you consider her age at first contact with DH & you have any understanding of grooming behaviour. She could very easily be more victim than witness, whether she acknowledges it yet or not. As I'm sure every Aus poster here is aware, the rules re identifying minors who are victims are even more stringent than those relating to minors who are offenders.

Meanwhile another 16 yr old, who actually had genuine involvement in a series of heinous crimes, rather than just dating someone else who did (years after the fact) still has his identity protected a decade later - & likely always will.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/07/21/1121539094208.html

(I know some will be annoyed by this post or feel that it's irrelevant because rightly or wrongly she HAS been identified by media, but that's kind of the point - the articles give people the impression it's ok when as far as I'm aware, in NSW & the ACT at least, it isn't. & really, even if there has been a legal change I'm unaware of, it still seems pretty unfair when MMK, who has actually been convicted, is STILL known only as "MMK")

Does Ctp insurance pay a sum for deaths in an accident?
HP could sue dp for dangerous driving or dui if she wanted to?

so it was purchased 2 days after the accident when DH and HP would have been in hospital

I think the accident was mid September of 2008, which was a couple of months before the purchase. Someone else may have to clarify that though.

The purchase at Strandbags on 17 November 2008 suggests that Karlie herself probably purchased the suitcase. (This will depend upon the $ value of the purchase, but &#8230;I'm making assumptions.)

*IF* Karlie purchased the suitcase on 17 November 2008 then the suitcase was probably in her possession when she was murdered on 14 - 15 December 2008.

*IF* the suitcase was in Karlie&#8217;s possession at that time of her murder then the question is: Who took control of that suitcase after Karlie&#8217;s death? (Who was in a position to take control of it?)
Can I get you to defend me?

I still can't believe both their cars are unregistered and they drove them in front of media and to the police station .. seriously?

Maybe they are registered in a different state. So therefore are in fact registered.

Maybe they are registered in a different state. So therefore are in fact registered.

Nope - if they were registered in another state the result would be "Plates do not Exist" as states do not duplicate Registration numbers. Where as a definitive Not Registered was received and an additional note for one of the vehicles.

I just checked my NSW plates on the SA register and this is the response I received.

That's a good point. I wondered that myself. I couldn't find the original picture to redo the search, and didn't fancy trolling back 50 pages. However, I think they have different number/letter patterns in different States - in which case I thought the search would come up as "invalid" if you tried to search NSW plates, for example, rather than unregistered. But I'm only guessing.

Nope - if they were registered in another state the result would be "Plates do not Exist" as states do not duplicate Registration numbers. Where as a definitive Not Registered was received and an additional note for one of the vehicles.

I just checked my NSW plates on the SA register and this is the response I received.

You're a step ahead of me ... thanks. :cheers:

Putting aside the method used to contact Karlie's mum and convince her that Karlie was not a missing person, I have a different question:

How did whoever was responsible actually know that a missing person's report had been filed?

Someone knew the report was filed and acted quickly to convince that family Karlie was still alive.

I haven't been able to find anything in the media from that time period about Karlie being missing, but then, it is a long time ago now and may be no longer available, however, to me, this indicates that the person who made the reassuring call(s) and/or text(s) must have been close enough to the family to know what was going on.

I think the family of KPS knew DH and I think once KPS was identified and they knew she had been murdered, they had their suspicions. <Modsnip>

I think the accident was mid September of 2008, which was a couple of months before the purchase. Someone else may have to clarify that though.

That's right, Panda.

It seems the engagement was off well before that.

It was off when she went back to Canberra for a visit and he was arrested for something. From what I read anyway. Someone posted screen shots from her Facebook.

I think the family of KPS knew DH and I think once KPS was identified and they knew she had been murdered, they had their suspicions. <Modsnip>

I have missed that one 1968.
Can you post the link anyway as Makara said earlier today that it is ok to do that even if it is paywalled.

It certainly makes sense to me that the family knew who she was associating with at the time she left Alice and would have immediately had their suspicions once she was confirmed as murdered.
I'd love to read it.

EDIT: found it here >>> http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sub...tory-e6frg6nf-1227587531831&memtype=anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim