AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marion is in the south western suburbs of Adelaide, correct? And Marion shopping centre is where the last two photos of Karlie and Khandalyce, released by investigators, were taken in November 2008, correct?

Have any other southern suburbs been mentioned as being 'of interest' to investigators other than Marion?

Also, I wonder where Karlie and Khandalyce (and, perhaps, someone else) were living (together?) at the time that could make Marion their closest shopping centre? Or, were the photos taken during their journey out of town enroute to Mount Gambier and, subsequently, the ACT?

Very good point Visioneye, well done. If people have more defining spots let me know and we can get them all on that map. Makes sense.
Thats what it for. I dont know the answer but am trying to display info so others can get the sleuthing happening. Just a point if you go sat view around Daveron Park and go West there is a lot of wasteland that is being developed.
Just want to bring up an issue that has been bugging me for the last few months.. well before we knew any of the details we know today.
Why Wynarka?.. I know it has been asked many times before.
My question now is clarified thank you Plongi and you geoprofiling.
Karlee body in Belangalo = copy Milat
The obvious locations en route to Canberra for the residents of Adelaide (I am talking psychopaths in the vein of Karlee's murderer only) would be either Snowtown or Truro, both close to the most direct route. Why Wynarka.. not the same person who disposed of Karlee.. Definitely
My thoughts are someone who lived south or in the Hills of Adelaide. The Marion connection still has interest as it is a very Southern shopping centre..who took this photo is key.
Also I know a lot are going to hate me..but some person living north of the city, like in Daveron Park, is more likely to head north to dump a body... towards places like Truro and like..

So I need a list of bits.
Card usage
Sightings
Photo's
Trips etc

ADMIN NOTE: Some reply posts have been removed because the original post was deleted by the poster.

I have a question relating to the geographic jurisdiction of criminal magistrates court hearings in South Australia - I can't find anything online to answer this.

For example if I were to commit an offence in rural/regional South Australia what determines the location of the court where my matter will be heard?

1. The court closest to my residence at the time of the offence?
2. Certain courts look after designated areas rural/regional offences?
3. Something else?

IMO

I have a question relating to the geographic jurisdiction of criminal magistrates court hearings in South Australia - I can't find anything online to answer this.

For example if I were to commit an offence in rural/regional South Australia what determines the location of the court where my matter will be heard?

1. The court closest to my residence at the time of the offence?
2. Certain courts look after designated areas rural/regional offences?
3. Something else?

IMO

Isn’t it where the offense has taken place, that a person attends court?
So for regional criminal matters, a country circuit court may be the first port of call, with serious matters then heading off to higher courts in the city. Though in this case, with a task force involved, the matter could perhaps be brought straight to the city courts IMO.

I don’t think it has anything to do with where the offender lives.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/from-ange...hind-nsws-baffling-crime-20151203-glec11.html

It was from a small piece of tibia bone that forensic biologists were able to extract the young woman's DNA profile.
But it would be another five years before investigators were able to match the profile to allegedly murdered mother-of-one Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson.
In a reaction shared with many Australians when the case was later linked to another unsolved crime interstate, senior forensic biologist Dr David Bruce described it as a "real jaw-dropping moment".

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/from-ange...hind-nsws-baffling-crime-20151203-glec11.html

It was from a small piece of tibia bone that forensic biologists were able to extract the young woman's DNA profile.
But it would be another five years before investigators were able to match the profile to allegedly murdered mother-of-one Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson.
In a reaction shared with many Australians when the case was later linked to another unsolved crime interstate, senior forensic biologist Dr David Bruce described it as a "real jaw-dropping moment".

Thanks, sleep. Nice to see the folks at DAL in Lidcombe get some much deserved recognition for their efforts and to hear about the dogged determination of investigators. Bravo to all! Also cheers to the person who called Crimestoppers; they are to be commended.

It really was a big leap to test the Belanglo remains against Karlie's DNA, hey? It just goes to show how diligently and relentlessly they worked to identify the Belanglo remains, investigating and testing every remote possibility from anywhere in the country. For all they knew, at that point, Karlie could still have been alive somewhere ... without her daughter.

It really was a big leap to test the Belanglo remains against Karlie's DNA, hey? It just goes to show how diligently and relentlessly they worked to identify the Belanglo remains, investigating and testing every remote possibility from anywhere in the country. For all they knew, at that point, Karlie could still have been alive somewhere ... without her daughter.

I'm in favour of the idea for anyone filing a missing persons report to also supply familial DNA sample.

Any unidentified remains could be cross checked against that database. There are currently 500 unidentified remains in Australia (sorry I can't find the link to the story that mentioned the 500)

IMO

So I need a list of bits.
Card usage
Sightings
Photo's
Trips etc

Plongi....sorry literally running out the door....???Was it Renmark that Karlie once lived with her Friend Mel May?.....What would be the most direct route to Adelaide..(Would the route go past Wynarka).... would that figure in anywhere?? >>>

Broadview BP OTR is one of those huge multi-purpose places - just wondering, do we know the stops there were actually for fuel? Not that it matters much I guess unless anyone was living close enough (walking distance) to use it as a modern form of corner deli. I shudder to think how easily I could have been standing there at the counter or ATM in such proximity to evil :( There is no Northview - I think maybe you mean Northfield? which is definitely close to Broadview. Hillbank is more on the Davoren Park part of the map - in reality not far away but not in that triangle I previously described on another thread which includes the Hampstead Rehab Centre. Re Wynarka there was a very high profile story once of a man alleged to be living in a caravan with his very young daughter...I'll look for a link.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...rate-for-closure/story-fni6uo1m-1227513062525

"Mr Wedding can put to rest as a possible answer — even without that police scrutiny — the story of the young girl who lived in a caravan in Wynarka with her dad."

Unless the person who disposed of the suitcase which contained Karlie's remains discovered them somewhere by accident and, for their own reasons decided to dump them at Wynarka. Also, they may have been dumped there on someone's way out of town; who often filled vehicles up with fuel at a service station at Broadview SA.

I think Truro and Snowtown would be out be of context as a 'copycat' location for dumping the remains of a little girl as they were all adult victims. I wonder if there has ever been a case of another child's remains being found previously at or around the Wynarka area?

Also isn't Northview in the southern suburbs, near Broadview? What about Hillbank?

Maps are up at the top of the thread Puggle in the posts from Makara?

Sorry just saw someone else answer this ! :)

Again sorry....I'm not sure how to do it....but can anyone bring over from the last thread the maps .being discussed. ...I hope its ok to discuss things from the last thread....I think the maps were great..IMO.

No other mention of Marion or any other southern suburb, inner or outer AFAIK - IMO the reason you would go to Marion Shopping Centre is either because it represented a midpoint between you and a friend's location and so was a compromise, OR because you were transient and it was the closest main centre to the home of your friend OR the both of you came down from Renmark for the day and MSC is a popular centre for a lot of people and is close enough to be considered very accessible, not being that far from the CBD in reality. It IS on the Murray Bridge side of town, in that you would leave Adelaide via the Freeway up towards Mt Barker, and quite possibly go back to the Riverland that way rather than going all the way back over the other side of town to use the Expressway and go via the Barossa. Sheer speculation of course.

Marion is in the south western suburbs of Adelaide, correct? And Marion shopping centre is where the last two photos of Karlie and Khandalyce, released by investigators, were taken in November 2008, correct?

Have any other southern suburbs been mentioned as being 'of interest' to investigators other than Marion?

Also, I wonder where Karlie and Khandalyce (and, perhaps, someone else) were living (together?) at the time that could make Marion their closest shopping centre? Or, were the photos taken during their journey out of town enroute to Mount Gambier and, subsequently, the ACT?

Yes it was Renmark Puggle and usually we try to avoid the Wynarka route as it is dry, dusty, boring and the roads aren't as "good" as the Riverland trip via the Barossa. But as I said, if you are over that side of town (or as JaneSA said live in the Hills) we don't usually bother to drive all the way over to the other side of town first, meaning we could easily be driving through blink and miss it Wynarka.

Plongi....sorry literally running out the door....???Was it Renmark that Karlie once lived with her Friend Mel May?.....What would be the most direct route to Adelaide..(Would the route go past Wynarka).... would that figure in anywhere?? >>>

Broadview BP OTR is one of those huge multi-purpose places - just wondering, do we know the stops there were actually for fuel? Not that it matters much I guess unless anyone was living close enough (walking distance) to use it as a modern form of corner deli. I shudder to think how easily I could have been standing there at the counter or ATM in such proximity to evil :( There is no Northview - I think maybe you mean Northfield? which is definitely close to Broadview. Hillbank is more on the Davoren Park part of the map - in reality not far away but not in that triangle I previously described on another thread which includes the Hampstead Rehab Centre. Re Wynarka there was a very high profile story once of a man alleged to be living in a caravan with his very young daughter...I'll look for a link.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...rate-for-closure/story-fni6uo1m-1227513062525

"Mr Wedding can put to rest as a possible answer — even without that police scrutiny — the story of the young girl who lived in a caravan in Wynarka with her dad."

'Belanglo murder: Karlie Pearce-Stevenson’s killer stole $90,000 by assuming her identity
October 28, 2015 4:22pm
Ashlee Mullany and Mark Morri
The Daily Telegraph

DATES AND LOCATIONS WHERE KARLIE PEARCE-STEVENSON’S BANK ACCOUNT WAS USED

3/11/2008 Purchase at KFC (Port Augusta)

6/11/2008 Purchase McDonalds (Rundle Mall, Adelaide)

9/11/2008 Eftpos Purchase Coles (Alice Springs)

14/11/2008 ATM withdrawal (Kent Town)

17/11/2008 Rabbit Photo/Strandbags (Mt Gambier)

24/11/2008 ATM withdrawal Kippax Fair (Canberra)

16/12/2008 Charnwood (Canberra)

19/12/2008 Deakin (Canberra)

22/12/2008 BP OTR (Broadview, SA)

6/01/2009 Coober Pedy (Coober Pedy)

7/01/2009 EFTPOS Purchase Mobil (Alice Springs)

0/01/2009 ATM withdrawal BP (Broadview, SA)

ttp://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/...k=2bdb3fc497e2ee028b968db656a2befc-1449295464

From the above:

I think at least one stop may have been for fuel at the Broadview service station; soon after Karlie's card was used at Deakin ACT; ie, three days after her estimated death.

Then the holder of the card makes their way via Coober Pedy to The Alice; where it's used at a Mobil Service Station; presumably to purchase fuel for a return trip.

Finally, again at the BP service station at Broadview; this time a cash withdrawal.

So, yes, I think the cardholder had a connection to the area around Broadview. It was either home base or a jumping off point.

Yes, I know about the other little girl said to be living in Wynarka. I was thinking more where a child's remains may have been found there, or in the surrounding area, in the near past.

Based on the timeline it would seem she mus have been staying
[h=2]Alice Springs, NT[/h][h=3]November 9, 2008[/h]EFTPOS purchase at Coles.

[h=2]Adelaide, SA[/h][h=3]November 14, 2008[/h]ATM withdrawal in Kent Town.

[h=2]Mount Gambier, SA[/h][h=3]November 17, 2008[/h]Purchase from shops Rabbit Photo and Strandbags.

[h=2]Canberra, ACT[/h][h=3]November 24, 2008[/h]ATM withdrawal in Kippax Fair.

source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-27/timeline-karlie-pearce-stevenson-bank-account-activity/6890008

Kent Town is adjacent to Adelaide, an inner suburb to the east.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname