Found Alive Australia - CC, 3, Bundaberg QLD, 10 April 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked on the Just Commodores site .. someone said there were only 5 VA Commodores made, and they are kept at a major Holden dealer in each of SA, VIC, NSW, QLD and WA. So looks like the paper did get the model number wrong.

Is this the follow on thread for Chloe guys? This is the first time I've actually followed a case all the way through so excuse my ignorance, I usually just browse through. Thanks :)

Is this the follow on thread for Chloe guys? This is the first time I've actually followed a case all the way through so excuse my ignorance, I usually just browse through. Thanks :)

Yes ... you probably think it is a car thread, with all of our car chitchat! :)

Ugh, just told the husband that the fluffy blue toy had been washed. He replied, "oh yeah, with dettol or something?" Well, I was thinking good ole washing powder, but thanks very much darl.....

Ugh

perhaps it was meant to be V8 commodore, not VA ??

on second thoughts, if the car was in relation to the CCTV footage - they wouldn't have been able to identify it as a V8, so perhaps it was a typo and meant to be VS ('s' is next to 'a' on the qwerty keyboard)

perhaps it was meant to be V8 commodore, not VA ??

That makes sense! Good thinking.

It is an English newspaper that wrote that, they probably got the info over the phone and heard 8 as A. imo

'What kind of car?' .... 'A Blue Holden Wagon with a trailer' ... 'What model?' ... 'Oh I dunno, it looks like a V8 though' :dunno:

I thought the teddy looked cleaner when I saw it in the photo with her mum and dad, but just skimmed over it thinking I was a nutter.( I was always throwing my kids teddys into the washing machine when they were little.)

on second thoughts, if the car was in relation to the CCTV footage - they wouldn't have been able to identify it as a V8, so perhaps it was a typo and meant to be VS ('s' is next to 'a' on the qwerty keyboard)

It's a Commodore - I think they mostly look the same anyway - lol

Maybe she was still groggy from sedatives if the hospital gave her some?? I'm sure she needs a good nights sleep :)
Hoping mum and dad reconsider some life choices and can move past this in a new direction and a new sense of how important our kids really are *advertiser censored*

Sounds as though changes are in the plans already. Probably a good idea. Give them all a fresh start in a fresh way. Take the children away from the scary memories ... and hopefully from any threatening people.

He said he and his wife Tammy O’Donnell planned to 'paint their house and sell it' and leave the tiny town that has played host to an international mystery for the past 72 hours.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-mystery-Australian-Maddie.html#ixzz2yfimdDXE

Just wanted to bring possum's post over from the last thread. This is really interesting to me. Washed by a kind person? Washed to get rid of potential incriminating DNA?

Interesting to know if Chloe had been bathed and her clothes washed or if she came back in different clothes to what she left in. :moo:

Wow somebody washed her teddy? Maybe compassion? Maybe to get rid of evidence?

The Uncle Stewarts comment is a bit worrisome though. Hopefully it isnt a blocked memory. Hoping for someone invited her for a playdate and fed her chocolate and ice cream and played games.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The toy was washed?? thats a female thing to do, almost a grandmotherly thing. I wonder if the abductors had there Mum looking after her. After viewing Facebook I think I will strike Childers off my to see list that gets bigger by the week. Surely Chloe can tell them who took her or where she was.

Maybe they washed it to remove evidence? Fibers, dirt etc. Maybe it fell in something and they wanted to toss it but Chloe insisted she keep it so they washed off the damning evidence. Speculating !

Looking at her beaming pics this morning, I'm just so , so , so , so happy this little young lady is found ok and can smile for the cameras. I hope this family knows they are so blessed and lucky and Chloe's safe recover is almost never how these stories turn out. They should definitely buy a lotto ticket. This is their lucky week !

Interesting to know if Chloe had been bathed and her clothes washed or if she came back in different clothes to what she left in. :moo:

I agree.

Having said that, most mums will know that washing the favourite toy or blankie could be disastrous. My son used to lose his bundle if his favourite teddy got a bath because it didn't smell right.

Jumping off the comment in MSM, why would someone need to scare Chloe's dad? What kind of warning does kidnapping a child send? That's serious. Judging by tomorrow's Sunday telegraph it sounds like dad could be in deep. I hope he is safe, since he put his daughter first and ignores every one of those warnings. Good for him. I think we'll be able to discuss the things we've all been thinking after we boost Sunday telegraph sales tomorrow ;)

We don't have to wait until tomorrow.

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/...s-against-father/story-fnii5v6w-1226881974862

CHLOE Campbell was the innocent pawn in a vile bid to frighten her dad into silence over a threat made against him, close family have revealed.

The revelation comes as police confirmed they are investigating retribution as a possible motive behind the mysterious disappearance of the Childers three-year-old taken from her home on Wednesday night.

Close family friends believe a threat against Chloe’s dad Garth about two months ago is linked to her apparent abduction.

A picture of contented innocence, the little girl lost may now hold the answers needed to solve the unusual circumstances of her disappearance.

She underwent a serious of medical tests at Bundaberg Base Hospital and was declared fit to be discharged and reunited with her two sisters Britney, 6 and Janae, 7 and baby brother Max, five months.

The Sunday Mail also understands a friend who had been drinking at the family’s home on Ridgway Street the night Chloe vanished has been reinterviewed by police and has not been seen among the group.

As police confirmed they were considering retribution as a motive, close friends described a threat against Garth that was so serious it was officially reported.
Mr Campbell is understood to have been in the police lockup for his own safety on Friday night, after becoming involved in a drunken scuffle, when his daughter mysteriously “appeared” at the Childers showgrounds — where police have established a base — just after midnight.

Some people in the small cane and vegetable farming town believe the family’s circle of friends includes some unsavoury characters who could easily be held responsible.

Chloe’s parents have repeatedly said they don’t owe any debts and can’t think who would bear them a grudge.

(Note from fruity: if he was being protected by police it explains why they didn't go to the hospital together).

If they don't know who would bear them a grudge, how did they know about the threat? Unless it was anonymous? That bit isn't making sense to me. They must know why someone is threatening them like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea