Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the CIA episode again and IMO, a potential reason that the CSK stopped killing was the police had installed covert and non covert surveillance cameras.

My understanding is that Telstra would have been engaged to install these cameras on behalf of police, and as BE was a Telstra Tech, he may have had knowledge that these cameras were being installed throughout Claremont and the surrounding areas.

Although BE may not have had knowledge of the camera locations, he may have been scared just knowing that cameras were being installed.

Could be on the money but then why not just change locations?
Why was claremont his target area? Must be something about claremont.....

Surely it would be quite easy for a body to just not be found. Especially someplace remote.

The bodies of the other women were found at least a month after they were murdered. Could her remains have been tampered with if left out in the open and "scattered" by a wild dog, etc? Just not in a place people go to.

But what i personally think is more likely is having gotten away with murdering SS and hiding her body somewhere it gave him the confidence boost to leave the other women's bodies out in the open where they could eventually be found.

He seems to be hiding in plain sight, IMO. I mean, just look at the cars parked outside the house. I feel like he's been taunting the police a lot.

Routine traffic stop breathe test on a route they know you travel, cops can use the mouthpiece to get DNA, it's not difficult, keep in mind if you are breathe tested I believe you can ask for the mouthpiece back, but you'd only do that if you were paranoid.

I remember when cops used to give people back their mouthpieces, then they moved to dumping them in bins.
I am sure one of the cops on here can explain it better.

Even easier cops can simply pull you over anywhere for a random traffic check. Especially at night. RBT stop is less suspicious though.

Police often set up a pretext it could be a phone call or an action like a detour. To get a particular persons DNA in a RBT you would have to know they would be driving that route on a certain day at a certain time a pretext that included everyone connected with the Little Athletics makes more sense. But you still need cause to suspect, it's got to be a dobber.

be0fb3d22ba2bd1d835a0569c19ff360.jpg

Google news dec 2016

Detectives alleged recent DNA tests on a kimono found nearly 30 years ago matched samples found on the body of the third victim Ciara Glennon.
They also matched samples from a 17-year-old girl who was abducted in Claremont in 1995 before she was allegedly sexually assaulted in the Karrakatta cemetery.

Mr Edwards has since been charged with eight offences, including the alleged murders of Ms Rimmer and Ms Glennon.
He has also been charged with the rape of the 17-year-old girl and the indecent assault of an 18-year-old woman during a home invasion in 1988.
However, no charges have been laid over the disappearance of Ms Spiers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...emont-serial-killings-case.html#ixzz4UibNUxkV

Posting this to answer questions asked in this thread.

that suspicious kimono that he would have likely nabbed off a clothesline or wherever while on the prowl hours before the break n assault
moo.

Had a good long talk with my former school chum, who worked in Telecom and Telstra. He might have a a picture from around 1996. He had a look at the CCTV, saying it was too blurry thou and didn't show the face. One thing he did suggest was that Telstra started installing GPS in their vehicles in 1996/7. It took a long time to do all of them. However, he said that Telstra had hubs, or mini exchanges, which were rooms usually brick buildings about the size of shipping containers all over the place. They usually were built in areas 5 years before housing developments started. BRE was not the sort of bloke that he'd expected to be accused of the crimes he's alleged to of committed. BRE worked in a different team so only worked with him for 2 weeks and on a job in Waroona, where BRE commuted back home rather than staying in TELSTRA provided hotel, as his wife was "domineering and didn't like him being away from home" according to the other work colleagues in Waroona with them.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Had a good long talk with my former school chum, who worked in Telecom and Telstra. He might have a a picture from around 1996. He had a look at the CCTV, saying it was too blurry thou and didn't show the face. One thing he did suggest was that Telstra started installing GPS in their vehicles in 1996/7. It took a long time to do all of them. However, he said that Telstra had hubs, or mini exchanges, which were rooms usually brick buildings about the size of shipping containers all over the place. They usually were built in areas 5 years before housing developments started. BRE was not the sort of bloke that he'd expected to be accused of the crimes he's alleged to of committed. BRE worked in a different team so only worked with him for 2 weeks and on a job in Waroona, where BRE commuted back home rather than staying in TELSTRA provided hotel, as his wife was "domineering and didn't like him being away from home" according to the other work colleagues in Waroona with them.

Gawd, he was working on a story about the wife that he's under her thumb. What a good cover. *******!

Gawd, he was working on a story about the wife that he's under her thumb. What a good cover. *******!
Well he's away from home for at least a fortnight at a time and telling colleagues that he can't stay with them, would be a excellent cover if he was lying about going home

I've only ever posted on the Claremont thread once as I'm so far behind I could never hope to read back and decipher all the twists and turns while keeping up. I do read the current threads but I am forever destined to be a lurker.

The only thing that's ever crossed my mind about this case is that I wonder if the CSK, allegedly being a Telstra tech, might have positioned himself and his van at the telephone booths closest to where his victims were partying and were subsequently abducted, under the guise of repairing 'out of order' pay phones.

To me, a perfect opportunity to engage a lone woman in friendly conversation and offer them a 'lift home' on their way back to the exchange or their next job, with maybe a diversion on the way 'to pick up a part'.

Here's something that's been bugging me... Assuming that SS was indeed taken by the CSK... This event proves that he's capable of somehow hiding a body that's never been found. So why the switch to dumping bodies where they'd certainly be found?

If SS was taken by BRE, maybe he saw the pain that a disappearance without a body caused those close to SS, and as longer term self punishment for his sins, he thought he would increase the chances of being caught by leaving the bodies in the open.

Highlights to keep a very open mind to the possibility, that whoever killed SS, did not kill JR & CG.

Someone please remind me, if LW was no longer a person of interest because his DNA did not match, how come LW was ruled out as a potential killer of SS (no body and no DNA)?

Was the whole ruling out of LW as the CSK, on the basis that LW was/is still under suspicion as a "killer" of SS, but not a "Serial" Killer or the "CSK"?

if the CSK, allegedly being a Telstra tech, might have positioned himself and his van at the telephone booths closest to where his victims were partying and were subsequently abducted, under the guise of repairing 'out of order' pay phones.

If that was the case, you'd think that he would have tried this ploy (unsuccessfully) on other women somewhere in WA over the years.

If this is the case, maybe there will some surprise witnesses who he unsuccessfully tried this on, produced in court against him.

Without using false number plates and some form of disguise, abduction using a car on the main road would seem to be incredibly risky.

If that was the case, you'd think that he would have tried this ploy (unsuccessfully) on other women somewhere in WA over the years.

If this is the case, maybe there will some surprise witnesses who he unsuccessfully tried this on, produced in court against him.

Without using false number plates and some form of disguise, abduction using a car on the main road would seem to be incredibly risky.

That's why I thought he may have used the work van, as in the alleged Karakatta rape IIRC. Easy enough to covertly bundle a victim into one and a legitimate reason for it to be alongside a payphone. Also easy access to tools and/or restraints that could have the appearance of being used legitimately in the course of one's employment.

Easy enough to covertly bundle a victim into one and a legitimate reason for it to be alongside a payphone.
Still incredibly risky even at night time, that someone might witness the event.

I've only ever posted on the Claremont thread once as I'm so far behind I could never hope to read back and decipher all the twists and turns while keeping up. I do read the current threads but I am forever destined to be a lurker.

The only thing that's ever crossed my mind about this case is that I wonder if the CSK, allegedly being a Telstra tech, might have positioned himself and his van at the telephone booths closest to where his victims were partying and were subsequently abducted, under the guise of repairing 'out of order' pay phones.

To me, a perfect opportunity to engage a lone woman in friendly conversation and offer them a 'lift home' on their way back to the exchange or their next job, with maybe a diversion on the way 'to pick up a part'.

This theory, and similar versions of it, have been well explored in earlier versions of this thread.

I'm not a big fan of it, even though it sounds quite plausible. In at least one of the abductions, the victim actually did make a call, from a pay phone, to a taxi which turned up 8 minutes later to collect her. But she'd vanished.

I think risking being seen like that would have been too much for him. There were places to hide for a blitz, and other ways to coerce one into a vehicle, rather than posing as being 'on the job'. If a work mate had seen him, would have been game over. Just my opinion.

EDIT: I think the theory you mention could have worked in a more remote location, but not for the girls who were abducted so shortly after leaving CBV.

Still incredibly risky even at night time, that someone might witness the event.

I have to agree. Obviously the KK attack was different, but the other abductions must have been done by winning the trust of the girls in some fashion. I still believe that he has impersonated a cop or something similar. Its hard to imagine the girls willingly climbing into a car with a total stranger. The KK attack was a messy and clumsy attack. He clearly refined his methods. The thought that he could violently force a young woman into his car in a busy nightclub area with the potential for witnesses/intervention is (to me) implausible. This bloke was clever in what he did. I also still believe that he was linked to his alleged offences via review of past intel, particularly the Bayens Highgate interception in 2002. The reports I have read suggest that his DNA was matched to the '88 matter, the KK rape and CG AFTER he was arrested. WAPOL got a lucky break with this bloke. In saying that, I think its also likely that a friend/relative has alerted WAPOL about him which added to the profile they were building on him

Yeah a blitz or a 'clever' ruse to get the girls into the car quietly, quickly & willingly seems most likely.

I have to agree. Obviously the KK attack was different, but the other abductions must have been done by winning the trust of the girls in some fashion. I still believe that he has impersonated a cop or something similar. Its hard to imagine the girls willingly climbing into a car with a total stranger. The KK attack was a messy and clumsy attack. He clearly refined his methods. The thought that he could violently force a young woman into his car in a busy nightclub area with the potential for witnesses/intervention is (to me) implausible. This bloke was clever in what he did. I also still believe that he was linked to his alleged offences via review of past intel, particularly the Bayens Highgate interception in 2002. The reports I have read suggest that his DNA was matched to the '88 matter, the KK rape and CG AFTER he was arrested. WAPOL got a lucky break with this bloke. In saying that, I think its also likely that a friend/relative has alerted WAPOL about him which added to the profile they were building on him

This sounds the most likely to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If BE is responsible for SS (which I believe he is) I believe he changed dump method just based on the high profile hype the case made at the time.

Made too much effort to conceal her....so with subsequent murders (with still being meticulous) chose to leave body remote but still possible to find....was probably curious and got off sexually hearing the media reports that a body or two had been found this time.....It all added to his depraved fantasy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisminto