Australia Australia - Jenny Cook, 29, Townsville, Qld, 19 Jan 2009

Apparently, he mentioned to a colleague that there was a plastic sheet under Jenny. It wasn't at the crime scene!

I think there could maybe a case to be made with circumstantial evidence? There seems to be a LOT of it that suggests foul play, in any case.

eta: sorry, meant to add -- at least there should be a thorough and impartial investigation into Osborn and her actions, as well as the husband. If she wasn't complicit in some way, she was unfeasibly incompetent (on ALL cases, I wonder, or just this particular one?) and has no business being a police officer.

bbm. Agree!! But the police evidently don't :facepalm::

Townsville CIB acting officer-in-charge, Detective Senior Sergeant Kay Osborn....

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.a...ctims-kids-slept/story-fnjfzs7u-1226742062644

I hope she hauts him every minute of every day until he is punished.

Yeah, me too. I'm sure she will. There's no rest until justice is served IMO.

I really can't believe this case has gone on for so long without huge public outcry!! Her poor parents and friends. She sounds like a lovely woman.

What is with this??

THE lead detective investigating the bizarre death of a Townsville woman failed to examine the knife which killed her or ensure her husband's whereabouts were queried on the day of her death, an inquest has heard.

The inquest also heard that Detective Senior Sergeant Kay Osborn made a direction for the knife at the centre of the investigation to be destroyed despite being told the coronial investigation was ongoing.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.a.../story-fnjfzs4b-1226770923430?from=public_rss

Is that standard procedure??

Ms Cavanagh lived across the road from the Cook’s house. She said she recalled the day Ms Cook died as police had come to her house later that night. She was at home that day and she heard the Cook’s dog crying. It began about midday and did not stop until about 3pm or 4pm that afternoon. She believed it was down the side of the house behind the fence (where Ms Cook’s body was found). She was concerned that it was hurt or caught on something as she had never heard the dog crying before.

Mr Cook stated:
He got home from work at 6.45pm;
Jenny was not home;
The dog was upstairs;
The back door was unlocked

Not "open" just "unlocked"...

Oh boy, you guys post fast! I'm amazed at all the posts while I have been typing! Awesome!!!!!! So glad there's interest in this one.

Does anyone think it *could have* been a suicide?
BBM

:no: imo

Mr Pullen’s parents paid for Ms Cook’s funeral. According to Ms Pullen, Mr Cook later phoned the funeral director and requested that she repay him the monies paid to her out of the compensation claim. She replied that she would repay the money to the people who had paid for the funeral. He told her that he should be paid the money as he had paid $50,000 in legal fees to win the case.

Ms Pullen viewed Ms Cook at the funeral home and saw two wounds on her chest – a small cut 1.25cm across between her ribs and another horizontal cut on her neck, below the larynx, also about 1.25cm across.

-- He was all about the money wasn't he.

-- I would REALLY like to know how a woman cuts her own neck, then forces herself onto a great big knife for a fatal wound, and bleeds ONE drop underneath herself.

Oh boy, you guys post fast! I'm amazed at all the posts while I have been typing! Awesome!!!!!! So glad there's interest in this one.

Does anyone think it *could have* been a suicide?

I can't comprehend anybody choosing a method that would have a great risk of leaving them bleeding slowly and painfully to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't comprehend anybody choosing a method that would have a great risk of leaving them bleeding slowly and painfully to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... not to mention blindfolded!

No. I don't believe it was suicide. Why go to so much trouble when she had pills that would have been easier and she could have just gone to sleep, painlessly and effortlessly.

He claimed Jenny never mentioned being suicidal to him, yet, he said when he got home he thought she'd left him or killed herself. Why would he think she'd suicides if she'd never mentioned that?

MOO

No. I don't believe it was suicide. Why go to so much trouble when she had pills that would have been easier and she could have just gone to sleep, painlessly and effortlessly.

He claimed Jenny never mentioned being suicidal to him, yet, he said when he got home he thought she'd left him or killed herself. Why would he think she'd suicides if she'd never mentioned that?

MOO

bbm. Agreed! Especially considering this:

Within 20 hours of arriving at the scene on that steamy January night, the police decide that Jenny Lee (a woman who hated needles and blood and had a big enough stash of pain medication to overdose if she wanted to) had - without leaving behind any note -blindfolded herself, tied a belt around her neck, put a sheet over the top of her head and deliberately thrust her body on to the knife before slumping to the ground and bleeding to death.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/knife-edge-20140714-3bvp7.html#ixzz384RxCC8v

The wound on Jenny's throat was said to be "experimental" - ie, she tried that *before* allegedly deciding to fall on the knife (blindfolded, heh) -- so where's the trail of blood?!!!

Really, where is it? There MUST have been one, if she tried to cut her throat, failed, then went and tied the knife into the window frame. A shaving cut (on my ex hubby) could bleed profusely, a little nick on the throat. So how much would a 1.25 cm cut (made with the supposed intention of causing death) bleed? Should be blood trailing her path, and blood on the ground below her where she is supposed to have spent time jamming the knife in the frame.

. There was **advertiser censored* drop.

eta: it *could* be argued that the bath robe tie was to stop herself bleeding?

But if she intended to die anyway.. why bother.

But I can see a murderer being keen to make sure the blood trail isn't followed.

Oh BTW - great point about the knife handle resembling a shiv..

Looking at the sketch of how Jenny was found, it doesn't seem plausible to me that she would end up in that position. The wound is on the left of her chest. So, please forgive my terminology here, if she was suspended on the knife, he;r right side would have been freer and dangling so I would expect her to have called to the right.

ETA: there was lividity on her palms. So presumably had she thrust herself onto the knife, she then slipped down in front of it on her hands so in that case, she's facing the wrong way!

Okay - there's something not right about this, as well...

Professor Williams was asked whether there were any other wounds on the body of Ms Cook as Ms Pullen stated that she saw a cut near Ms Cook’s larynx when she viewed the body at the funeral. Professor Williams said there was definitely no other wound and was of the view that any other cut seen post autopsy would have been the result of the autopsy.

--keeping in mind that the autopsy didn't occur until the next day, and Cook left the scene at about 9.30 pm the night of her death to stay with this friend for the night:

Mr Ries stated that Mr Cook told him (ETA: on the same day she was found) that Ms Cook had cuts on her hands and wounds on her neck and that she had impaled herself on a knife and severed her windpipe

Looking at the sketch of how Jenny was found, it doesn't seem plausible to me that she would end up in that position. The wound is on the left of her chest. So, please forgive my terminology here, if she was suspended on the knife, he;r right side would have been freer and dangling so I would expect her to have called to the right.

ETA: there was lividity on her palms. So presumably had she thrust herself onto the knife, she then slipped down in front of it on her hands so in that case, she's facing the wrong way!

Jenny also somehow managed to move her arm at some point after lividity set in and prior to rigor mortis (as the lividity didn't match her arm position - and she was in rigor when the ambulance arrived). Miracle? :no: Life after death? :no: Or ... someone else was there, posing her. :yes:

Although the evidence indicates that Ms Cook’s body was moved, at least slightly, after death, none of the investigating officers could have moved the body as they did not get close to it. The paramedics both stated that they were very careful not to move the body as they had been notified en route that it was a suspicious death. The SOCOs did not move the body.

Jenny also somehow managed to move her arm at some point after lividity set in and prior to rigor mortis (as the lividity didn't match her arm position - and she was in rigor when the ambulance arrived). Miracle? :no: Life after death? :no: Or ... someone else was there, posing her. :yes:

Gee, Ausgirl, you're extremely analytical and clever, very observant. You're brilliant at this

Yes, it sounds staged. The sheet would have stopped blood spatter so the perp didn't need to wash up/change clothes before returning to work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kyry73191
Back