GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest in Peace Jill

My condolences to her family, friends and colleagues. My thoughts are with you.

I feel so very sad, couldn't sleep the best last night knowing what had happened.

Years ago this kind of crime would have been near impossible to solve so fast .. thank god for all the CCTV cameras!

I completely agree, thank god for CCTV. I find it so hard to believe that no one saw this creep attack and take Gill off the street, then drive her 50 km away. It baffles me, especially if she did get as far up as near the police station. How did he get away with this?? Again, thank god for CCTV.

My heart goes out to Gillian's husband and family. Devastated :(

I feel devastated for the husband, brother and all friends and family but the overriding feeling I have is anger, which is somewhat selfish I know.

Who does this think he is, preying on an innocent member of society when she is at her most vulnerable? Sometimes when I'm walking home after a night out I'll see different girls also walking home alone, and the nervous glance over the shoulder at me is because of pieces of scum like this. I know it's a civilised society but my anger levels currently have wishing a lynch mob got him first. Scum.

IMO, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind now that the phone call to her brother and saying "I'm worried" was code because she felt she was in serious danger, and made the phone call to try and get him to go away but definitely may have felt too scared to actually say anything. By that point I feel it would have been clear to her that he wasn't going to leave her. :(

From what I understand there was alot more CCTV footage from other shops including the unnamed pizza shop footage that may have caught the actual incident.

Very sad day :( although the past few days it was looking more and more like this was going to be only possible outcome.

What's really concerning to me now are all the facebook pages that are popping up about Bayley calling for his hanging, torture etc.

As a journo I've only done a small amount of court reporting but I'm pretty certain that kind of material is "sub judice" ie. would prejudice a jury. Once a person has been charged you're not even meant to make any judgements at all about their guilt or innocence in the public domain.

If they're not careful a mistrial could be declared and Jill will be denied justice. There's just no getting through to some people though.

Dearest Jillian's family .... no words can ever express the amount of sympathy,sadness and sense of injustice we all feel in the loss of your beautiful daughter - the people that gather at Websleuths are ones that have been marked by tragedy and know how shattered you are....
God Bless you...find strength in beautiful memories- Jill is with you always in your hearts.

( My beautiful girl Jennifer was murdered December 29th,2008 - she was 20 - a beautiful, lovely, compassionate soul - I think of her every day and feel her presence in all that is beautiful in nature - hummingbirds, rainbows, and deer...remember the beauty- that is what should be prioritized - not the evil perpetrator. Jillian lives in your hearts- truly, she does.)

Please, everyone:

Although we all feel that the alleged/suspected murderer is worthy of our ire, anger, and other things that MODS would immediately "censor"......

WebSleuths does not advocate (thus allow) violence nor any comment that would advocate violence. Even towards a seemingly vile and loathed suspect.

Also, name calling and parody of the accused or anyone else is not allowed. You can make your points perfectly without doing so.

We thank you in advance for understanding, and upholding our standards!!

Regards,
~Summer_Breeze

One other thing springs to mind - if this guy was the gym junkie that others have alluded to from his FB page etc, then perhaps - and this is only conjecture - he may have been fully into that gym culture including taking steroids, testosterone, supplements, etc, and this may have been one of the factors underlying his aggression and hyperactive libido problems.

Just a thought.

That was exactly was what I was thinking too. - Great minds, if I say so myself :)

I don't know if Jill would ever have been found, if he had not agreed to take the police to her body. Not giving him credit, but he apparently buried her. It would have been sheer luck for her to have been found at all.

At least searchers won't be working for months on end, possibly to no avail.

Any credit goes to police for getting him to cooperate.

I don't know if Jill would ever have been found, if he had not agreed to take the police to her body. Not giving him credit, but he apparently buried her. It would have been sheer luck for her to have been found at all.

At least searchers won't be working for months on end, possibly to no avail.

Any credit goes to police for getting him to cooperate.

Our police seem to work in a different way to the US police.

Not as many lawyers maybe, or the police have more rights...or both. They don't seem to be able to hide behind legal shenanigans as much here, and confessions seem more common.

He will be in for a very hard time.

RIP Jill.

I'm so glad they could bring her home.

Our police seem to work in a different way to the US police.

If you know what I mean.

Not as many lawyers maybe, or the police have more rights...or both.

They probably beat it out of him.

:lol:

Well, US police got Mickey Shunick's killer to give up the location of her body.
Whatever works. They can't un-find either one now, even if they end up pleading not guilty. So at least the families have their loved ones back.

Originally Posted by they'll get you
I'd like to apologise to Jill's husband for jumping the gun in the early stages. You must have been going though a living hell & didn't need the likes of us sleuther blaming you.

Dont feel bad, Im sure he would be the first to understand...it usually is the spouse...this time it was someone elses........

Originally Posted by they'll get you
I'd like to apologise to Jill's husband for jumping the gun in the early stages. You must have been going though a living hell & didn't need the likes of us sleuther blaming you.

Dont feel bad, Im sure he would be the first to understand...it usually is the spouse...this time it was someone elses........

BBM

Disagree, i dont know anyone that would understand being accused of something like this.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I'm 27 and live in Brunswick, so naturally this is very close to home for me.

For those asking, Geelong is just over an hour from Melbourne (and is the second biggest city in Victoria), and Wyndham Vale is kind of between Melbourne and Geelong - a lot of people in that area would hang out in both cities.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I'm 27 and live in Brunswick, so naturally this is very close to home for me.

For those asking, Geelong is just over an hour from Melbourne (and is the second biggest city in Victoria), and Wyndham Vale is kind of between Melbourne and Geelong - a lot of people in that area would hang out in both cities.

You stay safe miss jones
My daughter lived in Melbourne for a couple of years and used to walk home late at night too ( she lived on St Kilda Rd near the main police station) usually with friends but.. It's very sobering that something so awful has happened in such a busy area with certainly what you would think was enough people around

I feel so very sad, couldn't sleep the best last night knowing what had happened.

Welcome, Quayne! :seeya:

Yes... This must be a sad introduction to WS for you...

But stick around, and you will see that these super Sleuthers really do help find missing people...

And chances are.... You will probably get hooked, like so many of us.

:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member