GUILTY Australia - Katie Foreman, 31, killed in arson fire, Wollongong, NSW, 2011

In his opening address in the case, Mr Maxwell said despite the fact only Evans and Spicer were physically present at the house when the fire was lit, the jury could find each of the accused guilty of the murder charge if they believed they were part of a criminal group (with Evans) that had agreed to kill or seriously injure Ms Foreman.

Jurors could also return a guilty verdict on the murder charge if they believed the alleged group – referred to as a joint criminal enterprise – had agreed to harm Ms Foreman, and in doing so, contemplated that serious bodily harm could come to her, Mr Maxwell said.

Jurors were also given a third option to consider – that Spicer’s actions that evening showed he was ‘‘recklessly indifferent’’ to the continuation of Ms Foreman’s life.
Foreman murder trial told of love triangle
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2100356/foreman-murder-trial-told-of-love-triangle/?cs=12

During cross-examination yesterday from Rawlinson's lawyer, Winston Terracini, SC, Mrs Gibb was asked if it was possible Ms Foreman could have been in a sexual relationship with Evans at some stage.

"Katie liked boys," Mrs Gibb replied.

No evidence from confessed murderer

A Berkeley woman who has already admitted to her role in killing Wollongong lawyer Katie Foreman will not be called to give evidence in the trial of her co-accused, a court has heard.

Wendy Anne Evans pleaded guilty last year to a charge of murder in relation to Ms Foreman’s October 2011 death.

Katie Foreman trial: lesbian affair denied
Read more: http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2105111/katie-foreman-trial-lesbian-affair-denied/?cs=12

I find it unconscionable that Katie Foreman has not only been the victim of this horrendous crime and has been betrayed by her friend and boyfriend, but now her reputation is being vilified in court.

I find it unconscionable that Katie Foreman has not only been the victim of this horrendous crime and has been betrayed by her friend and boyfriend, but now her reputation is being vilified in court.

Good point, bajas. It is disgusting :facepalm:

Baja, I think "unconscionable" is an excellent word for their behaviour.

Wendy Evans' motive seems to have been jealousy that Katie allegedly had sex with Scott, Wendy's boyfriend at the time. So in revenge, she burnt Katie alive and got three other people to plan it and carry it out two of whom were complete strangers wanting about $3,000 in return for a used car!

As for Matt Rawlinson, he has claimed that Katie was pregnant at the time and maybe he did not want to be the father of a child so IMO he could have played on Wendy Evans' jealousy lying through his teeth about Katie to everyone while continuing a relationship with Katie and telling her parents he had bought a $30,000 engagement ring and was going to marry her while staying with the parents after Katie's death pretending he was innocent as he was not at the crime scene. And all the time, proclaiming his undying love to Wendy on text messages then worrying about Wendy "dobbing" him in.

IMO this is one of the worst cases I have read and I am surprised that the only newspaper that seems to be covering it is the Illawarra Mercury.

Estelle, I agree with you, it is definitely one of the worst cases I have read and I have also wondered at the lack of media coverage of the trial. The thing is, one cannot believe anything Rawlinson says, because he has spun so many different stories to different people. I'm not even sure I believe that Katie was pregnant, perhaps it was another sympathy card like the engagement ring that he spoke about to her parents but never showed them, to make out that he and Katie were a committed couple and he is the heartbroken boyfriend. I can't find any mention of what Rawlinson did for a living but perhaps he wanted Katie out of his life because she knew something about him? If he wanted to be with Wendy Evans, he could have just left her. It's not necessary to kill your current partner in order to be with someone else...there must be something more him wanting her either "messed up" or dead. I think Wendy Evans was used by him to do his dirty deed for him, by telling her stories about Katie, turning her against Katie and promising Wendy he wanted to be with her instead of Katie. He clearly didn't care about either of them. The word psychopath springs to mind....all IMOO.

Thank-you for all the media contributions and articles!
Great Job!

A Wollongong police prosecutor who altered court documents for a client of slain solicitor Katie Foreman started a sexually explicit email exchange with her later the same day which eventually led to the pair twice engaging in "heavy petting" sessions, a court has heard

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...secutor-denies-sex-with-katie-foreman/?cs=300

I'm seriously struggling to understand exactly how Katie Foreman's sexual history has ANYTHING to do with her murder trial??!! It's just getting worse, in terms of the exposure of her personal life.

And what is the inference here? That if a woman is promiscuous (which is what they are obviously trying to prove) that their death is their own fault? That they 'asked for it' with their behaviour? Or even that their death is of less worth than a non-promiscuous woman??!

What era are we living in?!:tantrum:

It's all side tracking from the fact that she was horribly murdered :facepalm:

That's a terrible article... How the eff is any of that relevant??
It's really disappointing!

That's a terrible article... How the eff is any of that relevant?? It's really disappointing!

IMO they are checking the rumours which circulated after Katie Foreman's death.

One of these rumours made up by Rawlinson was that KF was pregnant and took drugs.

Slain Wollongong lawyer Katie Foreman was not pregnant at the time of her death, the doctor who carried out the post-mortem on her body revealed.

Toxicology tests carried out on samples from Ms Foreman’s body were negative for amphetamines, sedatives, cannabis, cocaine, codeine, cyanide, methadone and morpheine, as well as alcohol.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...eman-not-pregnant-when-she-died-doctor/?cs=12

Who are these people??!!! :facepalm: What kind of a woman just casually says this - or even wants to do this to somebody else??!!!:

"I said damage her face because she [thinks] she's crash hot, so, like, she could f--- anyone she wanted ... so just damage her face ... bash her a bit and that, put her in hospital to the point that her face can't be fixed and no-one will want her after that."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/katie-for...-trial-told-20140304-340yh.html#ixzz2v25n8Iui

Who are these people??!!! :facepalm: What kind of a woman just casually says this - or even wants to do this to somebody else??!!!:

"I said damage her face because she [thinks] she's crash hot, so, like, she could f--- anyone she wanted ... so just damage her face ... bash her a bit and that, put her in hospital to the point that her face can't be fixed and no-one will want her after that."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/katie-for...-trial-told-20140304-340yh.html#ixzz2v25n8Iui

Exactly, what kind of people are they and where do they come from? It's just too strange... It's awful to think that we co-exist with such dis functional beings!

"Sexy solicitor" sexually assaulted her alleged murderer with a stick while she was unconscious and then threatened to kill her family

Proud claimed it was lit to give Ms Foreman a "scare" after a sexual assault by the solicitor on Evans, the Illawarra Mercury reports.

"This Katie chick threatened to kill Wendy's [family]," Proud reportedly said in recording.

"She raped Wendy with a stick when she was knocked out, and Wendy's got the video of it."

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/03/06/12/02/sexy-solicitor-raped-confessed-murderer

How could Wendy have a video of it?

"Sexy solicitor" sexually assaulted her alleged murderer with a stick while she was unconscious and then threatened to kill her family

Proud claimed it was lit to give Ms Foreman a "scare" after a sexual assault by the solicitor on Evans, the Illawarra Mercury reports.

"This Katie chick threatened to kill Wendy's [family]," Proud reportedly said in recording.

"She raped Wendy with a stick when she was knocked out, and Wendy's got the video of it."

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/03/06/12/02/sexy-solicitor-raped-confessed-murderer

How could Wendy have a video of it?

I feel so much for Katie 's family having to have to hear this *advertiser censored*!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back