GUILTY Australia - Kiesha Weippeart, 6, Mount Druitt, NSW, 18 July 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mother of missing Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams broke down today as she tried to tell a media briefing of her ordeal.

Wearing dark glasses and holding a handkerchief to her face, a tearful Kristi Abrahams cracked as she said: "Anyone that's seen her can they please go to the police."

Asked what Kiesha is like, she said: "She's beautiful" before breaking down.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-kiesha-mother-breaks-down-at-briefing-20100803-11434.html

This story and Kiesha's face have been in my mind all day. She appeared well-cared for in the photo I initially saw, wearing a cute layered outfit and with a pretty smile. The photo was taken in front of a brick wall, which made me wonder if it was taken at her school. If she only attended 5 days, I wonder how long school had been in session? It's so hard to imagine what could have gone wrong, if the family is in any way at fault. But it sounds like something changed when her little baby brother was born, if neighbors quit seeing her after that and she quit attending school. I want for her to be safe somewhere, but the family's story just doesn't add up. :(

There does appear to be a separate thread for her in the missing/located forum here with her name in the title, if it's of interest.

I'm trying to figure the timeline out.
In Sydney public schools, we are now in week 3 of the term, and they are saying Kiesha missed the last week of school. Could it have been longer?

Anyone know if it's been clarified if she ever returned to school this term?

I don't know if they are referring to the "year" or the "term" here... but it's all I've seen.

"The Daily Telegraph has been told that Kiesha, who is in kindergarten, attended only five days at Mt Druitt Primary School this year."

http://www.news.com.au/national/lit...en-now-shes-gone/story-e6frfkvr-1225900329931

"Police said that the little girl had not been to school since her little brother, Levi, was born 3½ weeks ago.

They also said it appeared the last time anyone other than direct family members had seen Kiesha was the weekend of July 7 and 8, which coincided with Levi’s birth."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-kiesha-mother-breaks-down-at-briefing-20100803-11434.html

sorry to double up but just read another news article that says they have confirmed that she has not been at school for 3 weeks and no one outside the family has seen her for 3 weeks...

not good at all.......mum was in hospital having a baby and stepdad was looking after her at the time........good on you mum for going to the police sooner!.......hope this is not a case of a woman covering the death of her child for a man....

Scary and sad. I wonder why the school didn't report her absense sooner. Is Kindergarten not mandatory in Australia? There are still a few states in the US it is not mandatory but they are becoming fewer.

I don't think this is going to end well.....

Such a beautiful little girl too. :(

I don't know if they are referring to the "year" or the "term" here... but it's all I've seen.

"The Daily Telegraph has been told that Kiesha, who is in kindergarten, attended only five days at Mt Druitt Primary School this year."

http://www.news.com.au/national/lit...en-now-shes-gone/story-e6frfkvr-1225900329931

"Police said that the little girl had not been to school since her little brother, Levi, was born 3½ weeks ago.

They also said it appeared the last time anyone other than direct family members had seen Kiesha was the weekend of July 7 and 8, which coincided with Levi’s birth."

She was probably murdered while the Mom was in the hospital with the newborn. She wasn't at school and no one has seen her since then.

The Mom says she tucked her into bed Saturday.

Is the Mom covering for the SF? I think she is. *sigh* it never ends.

In some of the FB photos and comments, there is speculation that the parents were 'druggies'.

Scary and sad. I wonder why the school didn't report her absense sooner. Is Kindergarten not mandatory in Australia? There are still a few states in the US it is not mandatory but they are becoming fewer.

I don't think this is going to end well.....

Such a beautiful little girl too. :(

Kindy is mandatory, at least here in Sydney where Keisha lived. Our school year is Jan to Dec. A 4 1/2 year old can start kindy as long as their bday is before August. So starting kindergarten at 6yrs old is a 'lil later than usual.

Police were asked if the family was known to the Department of Community Service but did not want to comment.

We all know what that means!

My sister lived in that area and her kids went to a school in a neighbouring suburb. Docs was called in by the school because of the many unexplained absences , because my sis just didn't feel like taking them to school some days. :banghead: (she no longer has custody of any of her 4 children)

Only 5 days at school in the whole year? Kiesha is the same age as my DD, and I just keep thinking of all the wonderful, fun things at school she missed out on.
So, so sad.

It seemed very strange to me that during the media briefing both the mother and the SF referred to Keisha in the past tense many time; eg"She WAS a beautiful girl". If you were appealing for help in looking for a 'missing' child, would you not refer to her in present tense. Sounds like a small thing, but I think it's significant.

They just said on Channel 10 news that detectives have been searching the home and haven't been able to find any clothes belonging to Kiesha, as if she never even lived there.

What did they do to her.... This is really scary. People could move all over the world and murder their children and no one would ever know.
I hope she is found.

This case is going downhill very fast. Unfortunately, I have a feeling how this is going to end :(

Kiesha, you're beautiful and never deserved any of the pain others inflicted on you. You're in my prayers tonight, wherever you are.

Some of this info may have already been posted, but I found it interesting..

MISSING Sydney six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams is not believed to have been seen by anyone except her parents for three weeks, police say.

Detective Inspector Russell Oxford of the NSW Police homicide squad said on Tuesday that Kiesha's grandmother saw her on July 7 when the little girl visited her newborn brother in hospital.

He appealed for anyone else who may have seen Kiesha since then to come forward.

"It's important for us to fill that gap,'' Det Insp Oxford told reporters in Mount Druitt, in Sydney's western suburbs, where Kiesha's family live.

"I need to find out something that might have been important in her life - has she been exposed to anybody or has something significant happened in that time?''

Fears have been steadily growing for Kiesha's safety since disappearing from her Woodstock Avenue home.

Rodney Jones, Kiesha's grandfather, said Ms Abrahams believes Kiesha, who loves cats, may have got up in the night to play with one.

"I think someone got her from there,'' he said

Police are searching northern bushland at Bidwill and were due to resume canvassing the neighbourhood later today.

So far, nothing of any significance has been found.

Snipped from http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...weeks-police-say/story-e6frg6nf-1225900595719

OK... I don't know why when I do this google search I can see a link to an article and part of the article as follows... However, when I try to open the link I keep getting an error... can someone else try a search?

Mother in custody over missing girl Kiesha‎ - 12 hours ago

:THE Mother of missing Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams has been taken into custody, the ABC reports. The Sydney Morning Herald said a woman believed to be the ..."
Herald Sun

Another snip with a bad link.... this is frustrating...

Mum held over missing girl Kiesha
.Sydney Morning Herald said a woman believed to be the mother of missing Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams was taken away by police from Kiesha's grandmother's house in Sydney's west, just after 11.30am (AEST). The site said the woman covered her face with a... Full Article at The Courier Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member