GUILTY Australia - Kiesha Weippeart, 6, Mount Druitt, NSW, 18 July 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news.com.au/national/wild-weather-hampers-search-for-missing-girl-kiesha-abrahams/story-e6frfkvr-1225900375252

She was last seen at 9.30pm (AEST) on Saturday when her mother, Kristi Abrahams, put her to bed in pink pyjamas and a purple Pumpkin Patch jacket at their apartment block unit on Woodstock Ave at Mount Druitt.

She was reported missing on Sunday morning after her mother discovered the empty bed and the front door ajar, although it showed no sign of forced entry.

Det Insp Oxford appealed for anyone who may have seen Kiesha in the last few weeks to come forward, as a special strike force, codenamed Jarocin, was set up to coordinate the investigation.

He said July 7 was an important date because that was the day Kiesha's brother Levi was born.

"Somebody must have seen Kiesha and the family during that time," he told reporters at Mount Druitt.

"That's the puzzling part for us, the lack of sightings of the young child.

"I need to find out something that might have been important in her life - has she been exposed to anybody or has something significant happened in that time?"

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kiesha-speculation-rubbish-20100803-113vx.html?autostart=1

"[Whether there was] forced entry is being looked at by [the] crime scene [team]; we're gaining as much physical evidence as we can from the scene," Superintendent Cox said.

He acknowledged time was against police, now that the search was entering its third day.

"It's obviously concerning to know that we have a six-year-old girl still missing and her welfare is still the most important thing on our minds," Superintendent Cox said.

"We still hold hope but as time marches on it does become more difficult and we continue to appeal for public assistance in relation to this matter."

He refused to answer questions about Kiesha's welfare in recent times or when she was last seen at school.

Superintendent Cox also would not say whether Ms Abrahams and Mr Smith were suspects in the police investigation.

"We're looking at a range of scenarios from a wandering child at large through to something more sinister, which may be an abduction," Superintendent Cox said.

A TRAGIC picture of little Kiesha Abrahams' life was emerging yesterday as homicide police joined the search for the missing six-year-old.

Police sources revealed that, as a toddler, Kiesha was admitted to a western Sydney hospital with a bite wound inflicted by an adult.

The injury suffered by the pretty blue-eyed girl was yesterday described by a source as a "significant bite wound".

It has also emerged that Kiesha was known to numerous government departments, such as education and health.

But most of the harrowing details of her life cannot be reported for legal reasons.

http://www.news.com.au/national/missing-kiesha-knew-lifes-harsh-cruelty/story-e6frfkvr-1225900839751

Wow, just wow .... what does it take to save a child from an abusive household?

(I was going to post this, but I didn't see any other ones that were outside the US, which didn't have ties to the US. (Natalee Holloway, from the US...missing in Aruba.)

Good to know it can be posted. :) )

The moderators don't have the time to post all the cases from around the world. However, any WS member can post any case, no matter what the location.

Hoppy
mod

So sad to see such a beautiful child like this disappear.

A TRAGIC picture of little Kiesha Abrahams' life was emerging yesterday as homicide police joined the search for the missing six-year-old.

Police sources revealed that, as a toddler, Kiesha was admitted to a western Sydney hospital with a bite wound inflicted by an adult.

The injury suffered by the pretty blue-eyed girl was yesterday described by a source as a "significant bite wound".

It has also emerged that Kiesha was known to numerous government departments, such as education and health.

But most of the harrowing details of her life cannot be reported for legal reasons.

http://www.news.com.au/national/missing-kiesha-knew-lifes-harsh-cruelty/story-e6frfkvr-1225900839751

Wow, just wow .... what does it take to save a child from an abusive household?

If they can mention a human bite mark inflicted on sweet Kiesha- It scares the heck out of me what they 'can't' report about her life.:furious:

The very same DOCS dept was involved in my sisters case. She lost custody because of the kids having too many unexplained absences, having crappy lunches when they did go to school, and the final straw was when she didn't bathe, dress, or feed her kids for 3 days when she broke up with their Dad.

So it shocks me that in Kieshas situation, more was not done to protect her.
I'd also like to add that a few years later when my sis was preggers again, they did not let her leave the hospital with the child.
So why oh why, did they not do this same with this family?????
Kiesha- you deserved so much better. I wish I could have protected you from these monsters.

Im not liking how this little girls mum and stepdad are talking about her in past tense ie "she loved playing" whereas her uncle irrc referred to her in a news article I read in 100% present tense. The media is reporting allegations ranging from Kiesha being allegedly bitten by an adult in the past, not attending school regularly this year, not being seen by anybody outside her immediate family for 3 weeks and being known to various government agencies.

Tina, could you edit to add Kiesha Abrahams' name to this thread title?

I also do not like the fact that Kiesha is reported to have missed Kindergarten for the week leading up to her "disappearance" - supposedly due to her mother having a baby at home (?). And the bit about the jacket made little sense, either.

About the only scenario that readily comes to my mind which could end well here was if her bio dad had little say, but was concerned enough about her missing school that he whisked her away to "safety" elsewhere. Unfortunately, that seems a bit far-fetched. I hope somehow she is okay!

I wish I could Solstice! (edit the title I mean). I can't seem to find an edit button at all though sorry.

Search for missing girl in fourth day

The search for missing six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams has entered its fourth day, with no new leads emerging overnight.

A total of 115 searchers are trawling bushland at Shalvey and Bidwill on Wednesday, about two kilometres from Kiesha's home at Mount Druitt in Sydney's west.

They will then canvass homes in the area in the hope of finding new information about her whereabouts, a police spokesman said.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...issing-girl-in-fourth-day-20100804-118gx.html

If they can mention a human bite mark inflicted on sweet Kiesha- It scares the heck out of me what they 'can't' report about her life.:furious:

The very same DOCS dept was involved in my sisters case. She lost custody because of the kids having too many unexplained absences, having crappy lunches when they did go to school, and the final straw was when she didn't bathe, dress, or feed her kids for 3 days when she broke up with their Dad.

So it shocks me that in Kieshas situation, more was not done to protect her.
I'd also like to add that a few years later when my sis was preggers again, they did not let her leave the hospital with the child.
So why oh why, did they not do this same with this family?????
Kiesha- you deserved so much better. I wish I could have protected you from these monsters.

That is exactly what I was thinking....and was the bite the reason for a hospital visit? If so how severe was this bite? Sounds bad bad bad to me!! And then what .. oh OK, send her back home? And what on earth can they not say? What on earth could be worse than a toddler being bitten so severely by an adult that she ended up in hospital that wouldn't force the department to put her into foster care....or had she been, is that what they can't say?

And obviously they had no concern about Levi, since he has been at home since birth by the sounds, and no mention of there being any welfare about that. Hey DOCS, why is the baby still at home with these parents now? Maybe you could do something to protect this little guy, oh no, hang on ... there's a form in triplicate here for that somewhere, and regulations to abide by ...

We really need to change the funding that these welfare agents get if they haven't got the resources to protect our countries babies when they are known to be of risk....let's make that the major election issue 'going forward' ... what do you reckon Julia Gillard?

Just got back from dropping DD off at school.
Saw helicopters headed out that way. (I'm 15-20 mins from there)
My BFF's Dad lives in Mt Druitt and the door knocking is still going on....Every single house in the suburb.
Search may have spread out as my BIL in St Marys says the helipcopters are hovering over there atm. (about 6km's from Mt Druitt/Hebersham)

Here's a general idea of where she lived:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&...578,150.825419&spn=0.010954,0.027466&t=h&z=15

kieshahometoschool.png

A is her street, B is where her school was located.

Since we only have an approximate idea of where she lived (woodstock ave is a looooong ave!), the distance between her home and school could be from
under 1km to 2kms.
What I do know from spending so much time with my neice and nephews is that there are a lot of reserves for dirtbiking, and that sort of thing reasonably close to that area. Theres one in particular that comes to mind that I think should be searched. Let me see if I can find it.

kieshamap.png

Its about a half hour drive from their home, but they had plenty of time to get there, especially with a three week head start.

I actually don't think she'll be found really close to home. Too many good hiding places that are just a short drive away.(JMO)

ETA: Sorry for sounding so negative about the whole thing, but I just don't think Kiesha is with us anymore.

~snip~
Police and volunteers doorknocked homes for the third night in a row in areas around the Kindergarten student's Mount Druitt unit.
Detectives have set up a taskforce including homicide squad and sex crime detectives in an effort to find the girl.
"I don't want to focus on the involvement of DOCS or otherwise. My hope today is to try and appeal to the public to help us find her," he said.

"Certainly the involvement of DOCS and other agencies is something we're looking at but I don't think it's something I need to start broadcasting."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/08/03/2972541.htm?section=justin

butwhatif,
thanks so much for your boots on the ground take on the case

The reporting on this case confuses me. I have seen the mother's name spelled three different ways (if not more), heard varying stories about the door being left shut &/or locked &/or found ajar (although maybe the mother's story was changing, in that regard), and I've seen the baby referred to as a girl and the older sibling a boy. Yeesh!

Now that some of the additional details are coming out about her homelife, it's even more maddening to think she may have suffered on an ongoing basis. Who of us that are properly situated in life would not have been happy -- thrilled, even -- to have taken her in? It's such a shame and a waste all the way 'round if she met some horrible, preventable fate.

I'm with those of you who think they had best make sure Kiesha's step-siblings are safe. Happily, it sounds like there's an assortment of relatives nearby that I'm guessing would be happy to help. Sadly, I'm sure they'd have been more than happy to help with Kiesha as well, if only they'd known. :(

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/welfare-agencies-had-fears-for-missing-child-20100803-115g3.html .... interesting quote: THE disappearance of six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams from her Mount Druitt home has raised questions about the actions of welfare authorities, who were previously concerned about her well-being and substance abuse in her family.

For you guys outside of Australia, the Sydney Morning Herald is the most reliable newspaper for New South Wales, there's also a national paper The Australian which is even better quality. Daily Telegraph is a bit more tabloid, and news.com.au tends to be a bit behind in it's reporting, and follows the lead of the Sydney Morning Herald to a degree....IMO.

So, your best bet for following this story Sydney Morning Herald: http://www.smh.com.au/

New story just up.. looks like they're focusing in on the timeline... http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/leadup-ti...ubling-police-20100804-118dg.html?autostart=1

It looks like this is where the searchers are looking for Kiesha today:

bidwill-1.png

Needle in a haystack!!!

A total of 115 searchers are trawling bushland at Shalvey and Bidwill on Wednesday, about two kilometres from Kiesha's home at Mount Druitt in Sydney's west.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/7698544/search-for-missing-girl-in-fourth-day/

Candlelight walk organized for tonight (Wednesday), 6pm-7:30. Meeting at Whalen park.

"We would like everyone to meet in the park next to Kiesha's home and walk together as a group to place a candle at the front fence of the family home."

Needle in a haystack!!!

respectfully *snipped ... They're going to need to narrow the timeline right down if they are going to get any useful info re cell phone pings etc...have a feeling this case is going to be resolved soon however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member