Australia AUSTRALIA - Perth missing/murdered SK victims

Power/thrill over sexually-based motive perhaps. They kill because they want to.
Maybe it was a test to see if the killing was gratifying enough to target easier more defenceless victims. Or maybe the killer wanted to know if killing without sex was satisfying enough. Or maybe the guilt after the kill lead the killer to stop his murderous spree. The point is unless we know whether Gerrard Ross was sexually assaulted we wont know.

What has bothered me, and I note one of the more respectable posters Bartholomeus also noticed it too, Was that Bradley Edwards was still part of child atheltics despite no longer having small children attending. And that seemed a little paedo'ish. Might not be anything if u weren't a known suspected serial killer, but it almost seems like he may have had paedophile tendencies, which actually makes the whole sexual element tot the Gerrard Ross case even more confusing if he was the killer because in my mind he may have raped the child or just killed the child. But it makes it harder to know what he was really like around kids now that we know he was a serial rapist with a hardon for victims clothing. Ive always wondered if this kill was to throw the police off and lessen the heat around the heightened CSK case during those years

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

It's funny you say that when I saw one of the BLAC videos (had some drone footage and a carnival day of sorts) a muso mate picked out that the soundtrack that was selected was extremely inappropriate for nature of the material. Something about a pretty girl or something. The actual referenced song lyrics did not match the song that was being played as well. I'm not saying that the POI was the editor but it did get me thinking what if. I didn't d/l it and am unsure if it is still up on YT but how did they get away with it – even if it was only 200 views.

One other incident was the time lapse shed set up video. IMO the POI follows a young girl around pretending on the most part to do some work and deliberately crossing paths with her.

I presume the mods are happy for us to generally discuss the work of multiple serial killers in this thread and would prefer specific discussions about CSK in the main thread.

It's funny you say that when I saw one of the BLAC videos (had some drone footage and a carnival day of sorts) a muso mate picked out that the soundtrack that was selected was extremely inappropriate for nature of the material. Something about a pretty girl or something. The actual referenced song lyrics did not match the song that was being played as well. I'm not saying that the POI was the editor but it did get me thinking what if. I didn't d/l it and am unsure if it is still up on YT but how did they get away with it – even if it was only 200 views.

One other incident was the time lapse shed set up video. IMO the POI follows a young girl around pretending on the most part to do some work and deliberately crossing paths with her.

I presume the mods are happy for us to generally discuss the work of multiple serial killers in this thread and would prefer specific discussions about CSK in the main thread.
Just looked at YT. One of the vids for Belmont LA is by creator initials DS (has castle logo at the start). The creators vids are all pretty odd.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There is definitely something very odd about the way he stayed at the athletics club around those kids after his step daughter had grown up. It seemed odd from the beginning when the case broke and it seems even more odd now. It may or may not be anything in the end, but still, it doesnt sit right with me now <modsnip>

As Bill Burroughs once said "Nothing is true - everything is permitted"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder who Richard Dorroughs last victim was. Does anyone know whether the person he attempted to run down with his car is still alive. Maybe in the guys mind he feels he killed the victim by disabling them after hitting the victim with his car. Maybe there isn't a 3rd victim if thats the case and that victim has since passed away through an unrelated cause or an indirect result of an injury from the attempted murder

Richard Dorrough was Queensland born but lived alot in WA so the kill could have been in QLD even, which was where the car attempted murder happened

OK, I read way back a lot of the stuff he posted so I'm no way an "expert" in this topic, I was just wondering where/why he was absent from commenting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oops, sorry, put this on the wrong thread!

Considering the Gerrard Ross case may not have had a sexual element. However rumours are he was either tortured or badly beaten before being choked to death. Gerrard Ross was reported as having ligature marks around his neck.

The sexual element question came up at the recent press conference but they refused to answer it. The police did rule out Peter Brett Cowan (Daniel Morcombes killer) due to him being incarcerated in a Queensland jail during the period of Gerrards abduction.

Now if Gerrard was just a kill for a serial killer and nothing more then it means one of our serial killers targets small weak victims incapable of putting up a fight due to their size. There havent been many more child killings so a child killer may not have done this crime. Unless the perpetrator left the state. There is one suspect in the Gerrard Ross case that appeared as a suspect in the Daniel Morcombe case. He is not Peter Brett Cowan. This suspect that moved from WA to QLD may or may not be the killer. But he appeared in two separate cases in which one has been solved without this suspects involvement.

Another suspect was a man known to the family living in the Pilbara, Police again refused to answer if he was still a suspect but most believe he had no involvement in Gerrard Ross's murder.

If hypothetically the CSK was going for maximum shock value to scare the public then Bradley Edwards was known for his size and for picking tiny victims and was active that year so could be involved given the timing and the fact a baseball cap has been kept by the killer as a souveneir.

Police have ruled they have NEW suspects so lets assume all the old ones are out. Who new have they ruled in and why a public call for help only a couple of weeks after the CSK arrest. This could very well mean Bradley Edwards could be a child killer and comitted this crime. Victim doesnt fit except for size, dump location matches CSK MO almost exactly, car involved according to new information and now they are investigating that Gerrard Ross took an alternate route down towards the beach which could now imply he was a victim of a "BLITZ" attack. Maybe the CSK decided he wanted to know what it was like to kill a child to test his urges. Sad if it turns out he has. The Gerrard Ross case has haunted me more than any other case including the CSK case.

this would be a mistaken assumption, it is common for police to declare "new suspects" when they are in fact honing in on the Real Suspect.

Maybe it was a test to see if the killing was gratifying enough to target easier more defenceless victims. Or maybe the killer wanted to know if killing without sex was satisfying enough. Or maybe the guilt after the kill lead the killer to stop his murderous spree. The point is unless we know whether Gerrard Ross was sexually assaulted we wont know.

What has bothered me, and I note one of the more respectable posters Bartholomeus also noticed it too, Was that Bradley Edwards was still part of child atheltics despite no longer having small children attending. And that seemed a little paedo'ish. Might not be anything if u weren't a known suspected serial killer, but it almost seems like he may have had paedophile tendencies, which actually makes the whole sexual element tot the Gerrard Ross case even more confusing if he was the killer because in my mind he may have raped the child or just killed the child. But it makes it harder to know what he was really like around kids now that we know he was a serial rapist with a hardon for victims clothing. Ive always wondered if this kill was to throw the police off and lessen the heat around the heightened CSK case during those years

My neighbour went through the junior athletic system when his kids were running around and stopped when they left. He said it was like drawing teeth in the heat with the pistol, herding kids and setting up each AM. You do it for your kids. IMO it is questionable behaviour to continue on once your kids have left absolutely. Maybe he just enjoyed the control?

The scary thing is at some point someone was have had access to the registry of athletes – we're talking personal and contact info for hundreds of children out there on the sand in greater Belmont. As an office bearer someone would have had access to all that. IIRC his wife was Registrar. He was the photographer? Very creepy. He was web admin. Not a good look. What were the kids' parents thinking? Surely someone was asking questions. That nice bloke with the dyed hair.

I can understand a handover period – mitigating technical issues remotely but to grab the pistol again centre stage?

Just looked at YT. One of the vids for Belmont LA is by creator initials DS (has castle logo at the start). The creators vids are all pretty odd.

These LA vids are certainly weird. Here are the lyrics for the mgmt track used on the Carnival day YT vid that is up online...

Congratulations by MGMT

Dead in the water
It's not a paid vacation
The sons and daughters of city officials
Attend demonstrations
It's hardly a sink or swim
When all is well if the ticket sells

Out with&#65279; a wimper
It's not a blaze of glory
You look down from your temple
As people endeavor to make it a story
And chisel a marble word
But all is lost if it's never heard

But I've got someone to make reports
That tell me how my money's spent
To book&#65279; my stays and draw my blinds
So I can't see what's really there
And all I need's a great big congratulations

I'll keep your dreams
You pay attention for me
As strange as it seems
I'd rather dissolve than have you ignore me
The ground may be moving fast
But I tied my boots to a broken mast
The difference is clear
You throw it in your cauldron
Rust and veneer, dusk and dawn
Steinways and Baldwins
You start with a simple stock of all the waste
And salt to taste

But damn my&#65279; luck and damn these friends
That keep on combing back their smiles
I save my grace with half-assed guilt
And lay down the quilt upon the lawn
Spread my arms and soak up congratulations

Anyone else think so?

FBI reckon 78.3% of serial killers had a record at the time of their first murder with a further 88% with a criminal record by the time they committed their last murder &#8211; based on 480 cases of serial murder by 92 offenders in the US.

Serial Murder: Pathways for Investigations

Therefore we can presume that most of the missing and murdered in Perth were done in by offenders known to LE. There is always the 10% as well...

Hi All my first post after following Websleuths since just after the 20th anniversary of Sarah Spiers disappearance.
For those in Australia a new program starts on channel 7 this Wednesday night with the first ever interview of the woman who escaped from The Birnies resulting in their capture! I think it's going to be a fascinating story!
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/birn...ed-with-her-policewoman-saviour-ng-b88376646z

My first memory of abduction/missing persons was the disappearance of 11 year old Joanne Ratcliffe and 4 year old Kirste Gordon from a footy match at Adelaide Oval in South Australia on 25 August 1973. I was a little girl in primary school at the time and I still remember that it terrified me. Maybe this was the beginning of my fascination with true crime.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Joanne_Ratcliffe_and_Kirste_Gordon

In April of the following year, teenage cousins Raelene Eaton and Yvonne Waters disappeared from The White Sands Hotel at Scarborough Beach in Perth, Western Australia and have never been found.

They're the first in a long line of young women to go missing from Perth just in my lifetime!

Missing persons info:
https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/who-missing/wa/eaton-raelene

https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/who-missing/wa/waters-yvonne

A sad interview with Raelene's 90 year old Mum in 2014:
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/daughters-fate-is-still-a-mystery-ng-ya-373685

Hi All my first post after following Websleuths since just after the 20th anniversary of Sarah Spiers disappearance.
For those in Australia a new program starts on channel 7 this Wednesday night with the first ever interview of the woman who escaped from The Birnies resulting in their capture! I think it's going to be a fascinating story!
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/birn...ed-with-her-policewoman-saviour-ng-b88376646z

Kate Moir and Laura Hancock are legends - thanks to them the pure evil Birnies were taken off the streets God knows how many lives they saved!!!

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/s...ape-victim-was-faking-it-20170209-gu9g7t.html

Watching Murder Uncovered on the Birnies was as interesting as I expected but it also bought back all of those terrifying memories of 4 young women /girls abducted and murdered in 4 weeks in 1986.

I think this prepped women of my generation of the 80s (born in the 60s/70s, partying in the 80s) to be wary when out and about at night and terrified us even more when the CSK came along in the 90s. I feel so sorry for Sarah and Jane who would have just been young children when the Birnies were around so it may not have impacted them as much. Also feel so sorry for Ciara of course but my thought has always been that after travelling overseas for a year she probably felt very safe in sleepy old Perth -JMO.

Back to the Birnies - there has long been speculation of more victims - last nights program shed light on the disappearance of Cheryl Renwick who had been stalked by a couple with a woman who visited her house several times being identified by her daughter Michelle and daughters friend as looking like Catherine Birnie and the murder of Barbara Western whose body was found in Karragullen with the jewellery removed and placed neatly beside the body - apparently a signature of David Birnie; earlier in 1986.

It's also long been thought that Birnie killed Lisa Mott from Collie because he had a yellow panel van and lived in Bunbury at the time but his first wife gave him an alibi for that day and she didn't appear to be a fan of his so I believed her.

http://www.watoday.com.au/entertain...vid-and-catherine-birnie-20170208-gu8o1o.html

The most disturbing part of the program for me was when they said Catherine Birnie had strangled and murdered 15 year old Susannah Candy. This made me feel sick it was bad enough that she'd been complicit in the abductions and deprivation of liberty but for a women to physically kill a young girl shocked and disgusted me - I don't remember hearing about this before but I may have blocked it out. Given this, talk about her getting parol because "she's served her time", "shes a model prisoner" and "she's now in her 60s and no longer a threat" is crazy - she is pure and utter evil and doesn't deserve to draw breath let alone ever be released to walk among innocent human beings again. I just wish the death penalty hadn't been repealed 2 years prior to their murderous spree for sickos like them, the Greenough Killer and the CSK. In principal I don't really believe in capital punishment but some crimes are so horrendous, violent, evil and sick that in my opinion their perpetrators have forfeited their right to live, especially when innocent children are the victims.
https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/34367597/murder-uncovered/

For those not in Western Australia the horrendous Greenough killings:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenough_Family_Massacre

I find csk murders might be copied from birnies. I wonder if SS is buried in same place as birnies first known victims. Is it Glen Eagle?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I find csk murders might be copied from birnies. I wonder if SS is buried in same place as birnies first known victims. Is it Glen Eagle?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
GlenEagles

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

GlenEagles

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I've always had a gut feel that SS was east and because of Kerryn Tate, Kerry Turner, The Birnie's and the fact I grew up in the south-east, I always thought Karragullen or GlenEagles (JMO).
And now finding out that the alleged CSK BRE is also from the south-east it just makes sense to me in terms of familiarity but not too close to home. All just my option only.

I've always had a gut feel that SS was east and because of Kerryn Tate, Kerry Turner, The Birnie's and the fact I grew up in the south-east, I always thought Karragullen or GlenEagles (JMO).
And now finding out that the alleged CSK BRE is also from the south-east it just makes sense to me in terms of familiarity but not too close to home. All just my opinion only.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member