Australia Australia - Prabhdeep Srawn, 25, Canadian, Snowy Mtns, NSW, 13 May 2013

$50,000 is a lot of money - sadly I haven't seen this reward in MSM in Australia. It is 3 weeks, I think he has become injured or disorientated and is now deceased. You do not want to become lost in the Blue Mountains, alone and with limited food/water supplies - the weather has been particularly bad over the last week with torrential storms and rain, he is not in a safe place irrespective of his survival skills and training. It's very sad. IMO

I was hoping he would be found by now as well. Im not sure he would have had many things that could help him be out in the extremes for this long - though, being as well trained as he is, and in worst conditions than Mount Kosciusko - he certainly has better chances than most.
But I think he may have been hurt if they haven't heard from him for this long. Even so, I was hoping to hear he had made it to one of the Huts in the area - or was sheltering somewhere in the terrain.

One thing though, lets hope he didn't encounter a snake or spider...

Don't want to dishearten anyone but one of our own Politician's brother was lost in the same area in 1985 - it was 18 months before they found his remains. It's a very rough area to be lost in this time of year, even given the advances in search and rescue.

I hope this does not end in the same way.

Mentioned in this article:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/10/16/1034561213053.html

If the family is writing, or petitioning anyone it should be this man who lost his brother in similar circumstances.

http://www.simoncrean.net/

Simon Crean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't want to dishearten anyone but one of our own Politician's brother was lost in the same area in 1985 - it was 18 months before they found his remains. It's a very rough area to be lost in this time of year, even given the advances in search and rescue.

I hope this does not end in the same way.
Yes I had forgotten about that incident. And you are right - the weather will get worse not better - but thank goodness there have been quite a few good sunny days still.
Prayers and strength to the family.

This is a few days old but it is so heartfelt - a family member Ruby is asking people to help to find her cousin Prabhdeed.
There still may be some hope - even though the ski season has supposedly started, there's no snow as yet. Its a blessing in disguise for the searchers.

http://youtu.be/l12weKcod0U

Hoping for the best for this young man and for his family and friends who must be frantic with worry.

Dead or Alive? I hope they have not given up.

The family of missing bushwalker Prabh Srawn have declared they will reward any hiker who finds the Canadian student, dead or alive.
The revision to the $50,000 reward was posted on social media on Friday, drawing some negative responses from friends who still hold out hope for the 25-year-old, last seen on May 13.
Mr Srawn’s family took out a print commercial in The Canberra Times on Wednesday, advertising for well-experienced hikers or search teams to find Mr Srawn, who went missing in the Kosciuszko National Park last month.
Read More: $50K reward for bushwalker 'dead or alive'

I wondered what Prabhdeed was doing in Australia. Was he on holidays?
Id be searching his survival manuals that he had left in the car - maybe they hold clues as to what he would have done in an emergency situation.
:dunno:

ET: UPDATE - WORD CHANGED NOTIFICATION:
From the FB Page:

****** ATTENTION CONDITION REMOVED*******
The REWARD is NOW $50,000.00 CAN to anyone who rescues or recovers Prabh Srawn.

Any search and rescue teams interested based off the twitter message from @boatical please contact sjohal17@hotmail.com or PLEASE CALL 61 261452119..

We are only asking for well experienced hikers with years of experience who carry beacons/gps, have their own equipment, must register with the police (Mt Kosciuszko park authorities). We want everyone to be safe, all lives are valuable. Please only hike if you feel you are well prepared to do so. A reward will be issued for the group that finds Prabh. (no other cost will be covered, reward only).

Please contact the number/email above...Keep sharing and spreading the word to everyone....lets bring Prabh home safe and sound!

May he be found soon.

I hope this doesn't encourage or provoke unexperienced people to go out searching for him in the Blue Mountains and get caught in the same position where they become lost or injured themselves! People will do really silly things to try claim this type of money.

I hope this doesn't encourage or provoke unexperienced people to go out searching for him in the Blue Mountains and get caught in the same position where they become lost or injured themselves! People will do really silly things to try claim this type of money.

Snowy Mountains - NOT Blue Mountains - Totally different area.

Snowy Mountains - NOT Blue Mountains - Totally different area.

Opps I am so sorry, my mistake! I know of someone who passed away in the Blue Mountains recently so that area is on my mind. Snowy Mountains... :facepalm: :(

The family has requested experienced hikers/searchers only, and people with their own equipment. I have seen a few people post who would like to help and have said - no money -They don't want a reward and they are not searching because of the money involved. I think that's very honourable. Though I understand there must be a few people out their with the reward in the back of their minds.

This weekend is a long weekend - I hope that people who have gone to The Snowy Mountains for their weekend away may join in the search even if they didnt know about Prabhdeeps disappearance.

The family has requested experienced hikers/searchers only, and people with their own equipment. I have seen a few people post who would like to help and have said - no money -They don't want a reward and they are not searching because of the money involved. I think that's very honourable. Though I understand there must be a few people out their with the reward in the back of their minds.

This weekend is a long weekend - I hope that people who have gone to The Snowy Mountains for their weekend away may join in the search even if they didnt know about Prabhdeeps disappearance.

The weather report tonight said there wasn't alot of snow at the moment, but they are expecting snowfalls towards the end of the week. Now is the time to find him before the snow settle's in.

Hopefully this wekend, being the opening of the ski season, there are many people about to search.

The Rewards has doubled - $100,000.oo

This is a very interesting read - the email correspondence which outlines the problems the family has had with trying to get correct information regarding the search.
They are asking the right questions, but it seems to be taking so long before they get answers to any of this.
There has seemingly been a few bungles.

Email-conversation-with-Diane-Ablonczy

I also want to know why this search has been scaled down and why the Governments of
both countries are not pushing forward together to support the family and the search operations further.

His poor family, they are so desperate right now and they just not getting the assistance they require. :( And it is such dangerous place to go missing... I really feel sorry for them.

The Rewards has doubled - $100,000.oo

This is a very interesting read - the email correspondence which outlines the problems the family has had with trying to get correct information regarding the search.
They are asking the right questions, but it seems to be taking so long before they get answers to any of this.
There has seemingly been a few bungles.

Email-conversation-with-Diane-Ablonczy

I also want to know why this search has been scaled down and why the Governments of
both countries are not pushing forward together to support the family and the search operations further.

I believe the reason for the scale back of searching would be the terrain and danger of searchers also becoming lost / in trouble.

Although we are still getting some beautiful weather in oz right now, the nights in this area would be very cold..

Not that it excuses the scaled down search

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back