Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can we expect another change of lawyer in the 2nd week of March? :rolleyes:

Didn't even have time to prep for the high speed car chase matter?

Bookmark for the new thread :coffeews:

So, he's still out on bail?

What about the DUI charges? Isn't that a different court?

Former Bond law student accused of being ‘wedge’ as murder accused Gable Tostee splits with top criminal lawyers

robyn wuth
Gold Coast Bulletin
January 10, 201512:00AM

A WANNABE lawyer advising the family of accused murderer Gable Tostee has been accused of becoming the wedge behind his split with two of Queensland’s top criminal lawyers.

Former Bond law student Julie Frost — who has been charged with using a carriage service to menace — has reportedly been closely involved with the Tostee family.

It is understood a complaint from one legal team has been lodged against Ms Frost and her involvement with governing body the Legal Services Commission.

The LSC yesterday acknowledged the complaint but refused to comment.

127417-1dc077b2-97bb-11e4-a48c-65589599f0ae.jpg

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...criminal-lawyers/story-fnje8bkv-1227180127738

Despite Justice Debra Mullins saying a manslaughter charge would have a stronger chance against Gable Tostee, Gold Coast detectives led by Detective Superintendent Dave Hutchinson are pursuing the murder brief.

They have Tostee's mobile phone, computer, a three-hour audio recording made on a mobile phone in his apartment in the lead-up to Ms Wright's death.

Police also have crime scene photographs and DNA samples from the Unit 1404 in the Avalon Apartments, the testimony of neighbours who witness Ms Wright's fall around five hours after she and Tostee met via the dating app Tinder.

Detectives have applied to the US administrators of the dating app Tinder for complete records of Ms Wright's and Tostee's Tinder accounts, as well as the records from Ms Wright's Iphone account from the US.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-death-Gold-Coast-balcony.html#ixzz3OZlTDEvk

I didn't realize the audio was 3 hrs. Thanks to everyone for the updates.

I presume the reason his new lawyer asked for the adjournment was because he is the new lawyer and needs time to get up to speed on the case.

Nervous or 'holding my gut in for paps and need to breathe' face ? IMO a bad photo would worry this guy more than court proceedings.

My bold...
I think you are right in that, which is disturbing.

The MSM keep referring to his 'playboy' conquests :gaah:
I wonder if there was ever an ex-girlfriend or any serious meaningful relationships.

New Zealand news.

Balcony accused Tostee has new lawyer

Murder-accused Gable Tostee has appeared in court in Australia with a new lawyer to face charges over the death of a New Zealand tourist.

Lower Hutt woman Warriena "Rrie" Wright, 26, died in a fall from Tostee's 14th floor Surfer's Paradise balcony last August after the pair had met on dating app Tinder.

Wright had been in the Gold Coast for a wedding.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/64873716/balcony-accused-tostee-has-new-lawyer

Where were his parents or entourage of support people? No mention of them in any of the news reports so far. Wonder if it isn't just his ex-lawyers who would have been put off and annoyed with the whole GT's protestation of innocence on BBF and audio recording leak into cyberspace. Not to mention the recent spate of overly enthusiastic supporters spouting out unsubstantiated sensitive details of the case on online forums.

To me today was a bit of an anticlimax really. Essentially it serves as a big reminder that this whole journey to the moment some verdict is reached is a long way away.

Another item from New Zealand.

Balcony accused killer Gable Tostee fronts court with third lawyer

The 28-year-old faced Southport Magistrates Court today alongside lawyer Nick Dore, his third legal representative since his arrest.

Tostee has previously been represented by Gold Coast-based Potts Lawyers and civil liberties crusader Terry O'Gorman.

It's been reported a woman advising Tostee's family, Julie Frost, is behind the split, with the two leading legal firms with the Legal Services Commission confirming to the Gold Coast Bulletin a complaint had been made by one of the firms about Ms Frost's involvement.

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/balcony-accused-killer-gable-tostee-fronts-court-third-lawyer-6217306

Some old news I didn't know from August....

'Sick and frightening scream' before balcony death

One witness who heard the screams was a Waikato woman who had been staying in a nearby apartment. Delwyn Grooby told Fairfax she heard three distinct screams.

"There was fear in her second scream that made me feel sick and frightened for her," Grooby said. "In the silence that followed, I prayed that someone had come to her rescue. When the third scream came, I really can't explain how I felt."

Other neighbours reported hearing several screams and what sounded like an argument.

Investigators had taken CCTV footage to try to "identify the movements of various people at various times".

The police would not confirm where footage was taken from, but the Courier Mail said it was from cameras at the home of Tostee's parents, Gray and Helene Tostee.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/sick-and-frightening-scream-balcony-death/2348688/

It was no surprise no further details were released. There are always plenty of mentions in which the court checks on the case to make sure it's progressing as it should.

I'm sure you would all remember the police brief of evidence is still a few months away before it's handed over to GT's defence team. Following that there will be further mentions in court and I'd expect the Committal Hearing to be later on this year. If it's found there's enough evidence to take it to trial then that will be some time 2016.

It will be very interesting to hear what the courts will do with all his other charges. The murder charge may very well take precedence and the others will be heard following either the Committal Hearing or the trial.

The wheels of justice move very slowly unfortunately.

November 19, 2014

Police are expected to finalise their brief of evidence against Mr Tostee by April next year, however a trial is likely to take place in 2016.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/gable-tostee-granted-bail-20141118-11phuh.html

Further to my above post......this....

One witness who heard the screams was a Waikato woman who had been staying in a nearby apartment. Delwyn Grooby told Fairfax she heard three distinct screams.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its this statement here that makes me believe it is murder. What was Wrie fearing or seeing?

"There was fear in her second scream that made me feel sick and frightened for her," Grooby said. "In the silence that followed, I prayed that someone had come to her rescue. When the third scream came, I really can't explain how I felt."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other neighbours reported hearing several screams and what sounded like an argument.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/sick-and-frightening-scream-balcony-death/2348688/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa