Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. First post here. Thought i would finally join in the discussion as I've really enjoyed reading it so far :waves:

A receipt for a coffee shop at 10am doesn't necessarily clear him. The distance from the coffee shop to Williams grandma's house is 13km, Google maps say it would take about 19 minutes. Still enough time to be at the house when William went missing. He could have easily ordered a takeaway coffee, planned to go to Williams Grandma's house to do the repair before going to the parade at 12pm. It just seems like such a long time between coffee and the parade (2 hours) when they are in the same place. Maybe he dropped MS off at the coffee shop and allowed her to use his card while he went to the house to do the repair. My partner quite often uses my debit card while he's at work to buy coffee or lunch.

Also, I'm fairly certain they have been married a lot longer than 2011 onwards. They had a business together back in 2000 with their initials and then Spedding as the business name.

To me he doesn't come across as an evil person, but I'm not discounting it. Plus there's the other more likely scenarios EG he accidentally ran over him and is covering it all up or someone he knows is involved and he is covering for them. He's had the grandkids for quite a long time, ~4 years or so. It wouldn't be easy having someone else's children for that long, especially as he's older and would expect to be settling down and relaxing, enjoying the last years of life. But who knows, maybe with the stress of the failed business he got offered money from someone to abduct William. Lots of possibilities here. I really feel for the families involved and for William of course. I'm glad this has been back in the news again because it was starting to seem like we would never hear what happened to him

The search, now in day four, has been bolstered by even more State Emergency Service volunteers - this time from Sydney - who have joined the hundreds of police, volunteers and community members who have been searching the area south of Port Macquarie since William disappeared at 10.30am on Friday.

http://www.braidwoodtimes.com.au/story/2559736/search-goes-on-for-missing-william-tyrell/?cs=2452

'Colin' is saying that the coffee was purchased at 10am in Laurieton right?

Well Laurieton is only 12 minutes away by car, so he could have bought a takeaway coffee, or even had one there with his wife, and still made it to Kendall in time for William's disappearance.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...609b49043a350!2m2!1d152.7037247!2d-31.6325386

From experience working in a bank previously, no statements do not show this and when you call your bank/visit a branch they cannot see it either... however, with police request, the IT team are able to access further information which includes the time as a 00:00:00 type.

The reason your transactions show as the wrong date is because credit transactions can take three working days to process through the system and they will show up on the statement as the day they did process.

If he used credit to purchase the coffee then the date will be incorrect on his statement, if he used SAV or CHQ then it will show correctly. I would assume the police have called his bank for this info though.

So this statement: "Colin said he had downloaded a copy of Mr Spedding's bank card statement which showed a purchase at the cafe about 10am on September 12" isn't accurate then as it could have been anytime during the day and only the Police would be able to get that info.

The coffee shop would probably have a time stamp from their cash register receipts and is probably why the Police have visited there a couple of times.

Surely the coffee shop/cafe has some kind of CCTV? If they could prove he was there the entire time of the timeframe that WT went missing then they wouldn't be taking this path and his coffee alibi would be done and dusted.

So maybe, A) the shop doesn't have CCTV, B) the CCTV time stamp is incorrect and can't be used as evidence or C) the CCTV proves he wasn't there when he said he was.

Hi everyone. First post here. Thought i would finally join in the discussion as I've really enjoyed reading it so far :waves:

A receipt for a coffee shop at 10am doesn't necessarily clear him. The distance from the coffee shop to Williams grandma's house is 13km, Google maps say it would take about 19 minutes. Still enough time to be at the house when William went missing. He could have easily ordered a takeaway coffee, planned to go to Williams Grandma's house to do the repair before going to the parade at 12pm. It just seems like such a long time between coffee and the parade (2 hours) when they are in the same place. Maybe he dropped MS off at the coffee shop and allowed her to use his card while he went to the house to do the repair. My partner quite often uses my debit card while he's at work to buy coffee or lunch.

Also, I'm fairly certain they have been married a lot longer than 2011 onwards. They had a business together back in 2000 with their initials and then Spedding as the business name.

To me he doesn't come across as an evil person, but I'm not discounting it. Plus there's the other more likely scenarios EG he accidentally ran over him and is covering it all up or someone he knows is involved and he is covering for them. He's had the grandkids for quite a long time, ~4 years or so. It wouldn't be easy having someone else's children for that long, especially as he's older and would expect to be settling down and relaxing, enjoying the last years of life. But who knows, maybe with the stress of the failed business he got offered money from someone to abduct William. Lots of possibilities here. I really feel for the families involved and for William of course. I'm glad this has been back in the news again because it was starting to seem like we would never hear what happened to him
:welcome6:

yep...bbm as you point out not a great deal of distance to be travelling. I think there was ample time for him to (a) be in kendall prior to coffee w/wife or (b) be in kendall prior to school assembly

nothing has appeared whether or not he had an assistant who may have been sent to the kendall location to complete the repair -- but I have wondered about that possibility.

So this statement: "Colin said he had downloaded a copy of Mr Spedding's bank card statement which showed a purchase at the cafe about 10am on September 12" isn't accurate then as it could have been anytime during the day and only the Police would be able to get that info.

The coffee shop would probably have a time stamp from their cash register receipts and is probably why the Police have visited there a couple of times.

I mean other banks may work differently but this was a major bank and both the other major banks I am with work exactly the same so I call bull that he was able to obtain that information, but hey, could be wrong.

Maybe it was worded that way but he didn't actually have the time more so he just had the statement that shows a purchase at the shop on that day and he is saying that is the proof?

I would assume like you said, that the coffee shop would have that information but who's to say it is accurate?

Heres another possibility, calls wife and says I couldn't get in touch with this mornings job order us a couple of coffees and ill meet you at buzz- pop them on the card. Calls back- sorry I'll be five mins just have to pick up something from the office. You have to pay for coffees up front according to reports. I'm not trying to incriminate- just trying to understand if he had a solid and easy alibi to check why police would allow a trial by media to begin!

more than likely LE has their IT peeps looking into servers too... moo -- two sets of banking records to check MOO

more than likely LE has their IT peeps looking into servers too... moo -- two sets of banking records to check MOO

I guarantee they would because I got phone calls plenty of times from officers asking to speak to IT over minor things like shoplifting so for something huge like this, they would have checked his bank records from the get go IMO

I'll be putting more stock in the police investigating this than old mate Col .. I'm sure the police already looked at bank statements, and whether or not a coffee was purchased by BS on this date at this time, and I'm very sure they wouldn't be wasting police resources on such an expensive (and disgusting) search through the contents of someone's septic if they didn't think it was worth it.

sure is sosocurious. Wonder if they've had their eye on him this entire time and have just been waiting for the moment to strike?

found this interesting page from early in the search, good to read back on

We can’t rule out opportunistic human intervention but if that was the case, then the chances of everything aligning for that to take place is unbelievable.

“I would say that someone does know something but that would only be speculation.”

Every one of the 21 houses in the exclusive estate around the grandmother’s house have been searched from top to bottom twice, including roof cavities and septic tanks.

Supt Fehon is no stranger to baffling searches. With fellow superintendent Peter Thurtell, he led the nation’s longest and largest manhunt, which ended when fugitive Malcolm Naden was found in March 2012 in a remote cabin, west of Gloucester.

He modestly describes that as an “organisational achievement” and says it is the same way to solve the disappearance of William. Solid police work.

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/WilliamTyrell.htm

I think I would react exactly the same as that if I was innocent.

after a few days of being under world wide media microscope ..... it would be beyond stressful ... he looked pretty cross and protective about his wife.... I probably would have burst into tears and said please leave me alone.

The thing that still worries me is the computer and mattress in the closed business/unit.

As the search for the three-year-old ramped up, Mr Spedding returned to the grandmother’s house a few days later to complete the repair, which had required a spare part, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.
His whitegoods repair van was seen parked in the quiet Kendall street alongside those belonging to police and emergency workers involved in the investigation in the days after William disappeared on Friday, September 12 last year

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...aring-family-man/story-fnpn118l-1227193777963

so did he go back and fix it then on the day william disappeared? so confusing!

after a few days of being under world wide media microscope ..... it would be beyond stressful ... he looked pretty cross and protective about his wife.... I probably would have burst into tears and said please leave me alone.

But why not a yes or no instead of the media has reported it correctly. Has he read the media lately? Which bit is correct??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms