Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

"He argued the offences occurred during a time of high anxiety and financial vulnerability."

Sorry not about the sentencing, but are these people for real. IMO they have no idea what financial vulnerability really is
How do we know their financial situation? The legal costs alone would put a strain on even the most financially stable of people.

All the articles that I am reading are not saying anything about a CCO ... they are saying that they both got 12 month good behaviour bonds, plus a fine of $1,500 each for the dummy bid charge.

Former foster parents of William Tyrrell handed good behaviour bonds and convictions over intimidation of a different child

William Tyrrell’s foster parents’ lives fell apart as police investigated them

Tyrrell Foster Parents Sentenced
The Daily Telegraph defines the two orders towards the end of the article

The foster mother was sentenced to a 12-month community corrections order, while the foster father was handed a 12-month good behaviour bond.

Paywalled for some:

At Downing Centre court today both former foster parents were charged regarding the dummy bidding, and were fined $1,500.00 each.

The FMFC has been charged with intimidation of a child in their care, who was not William, and was given a 12 month good behaviour bond.

The FFFC has been charged with 2 cases of child assault and 1 count of intimidation and has been given a 12 month community corrections order, without supervision. A criminal conviction will be recorded.

They have both been issued with an AVO valid for 5 years, regarding the child they intimidated and that the FFFC assaulted.

The magistrate said that she would like to send a message to the broad community that assault and intimidation of a child is never justified, and this matter would be ideal to reflect this idea because of the large media interest, but the Magistrate stated that because of the fragility and health of the FFFC, she is not the vehicle to use to send that message.

This is from my attendance at court today.
IMO

Last edited:
At Downing Centre court today both former foster parents were charged regarding the dummy bidding, and were fined $1,500.00 each.

The FMFC has been charged with intimidation of a child in their care, who was not William, and was given a 12 month good behaviour bond.

The FFFC has been charged with 2 cases of child assault and 1 count of intimidation and has been given a 12 month community corrections order, without supervision. A criminal conviction will be recorded.

They have both been issued with an AVO valid for 5 years, regarding the child they intimidated and that the FFFC assaulted.

The magistrate said that she would like to send a message to the broad community that assault and intimidation of a child is never justified, and this matter would be ideal to reflect this idea because of the large media interest, but the Magistrate stated that because of the fragility and health of the FFFC, she is not the vehicle to use to send that message.

This is from my attendance at court today.
IMO
Thank you so much! Very interesting, but indeed I want to roll my eyes re all the bbm ....

Now it would be the right time to lift the incognito status for the FCs. MOO

Last edited:
Thanks for all the information everyone. I'm wondering if the recorded convictions of the fffc will add weight to the ODPP's decision about proceeding with charges against her? I find myself sighing with relief over the sentencing. Will that mean that she will no longer pass a WWC check and can no longer foster kids?

Thanks for all the information everyone. I'm wondering if the recorded convictions of the fffc will add weight to the ODPP's decision about proceeding with charges against her? I find myself sighing with relief over the sentencing. Will that mean that she will no longer pass a WWC check and can no longer foster kids?

Re ODDP, I don't know. As I've said here a few times, I think the police case --as we know it -- is weak and IMO the ODDP has put it on the bottom of the pile ahead of cases which they consider have a chance of success.

RE WWC status: I think it would be a given that both of them are disqualified.

I agree entirely. See post #639.
I agree as well. They haven't proven a case against te female caregiver or anyone. Which is why no one has been arrested, charged and tried. That's where proof comes.

Waiting on the one tip that will break this case wide open.

For whoever is responsible for Wm's disappearance, let justice come swiftly.

I agree as well. They haven't proven a case against te female caregiver or anyone. Which is why no one has been arrested, charged and tried. That's where proof comes.

Waiting on the one tip that will break this case wide open.

For whoever is responsible for Wm's disappearance, let justice come swiftly.
Re my 'See post #639'. That was a typo. I have corrected it to #640.

JMO - It is surprising that the FM and FF decided to foster the additional 6 year old child. I would imagine that taking in another child would only add to their financial woes and also their emotional stress.
And that would be aside from the ensuing problem that it caused to the assaulted and intimidated older child already being fostered by them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back