AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this has been posted/discussed. I do my best to keep up with Gabe's threads, but I work full time and have an 8 month old son myself, and it's just impossible.
I found this link posted on another forum, and it was said that our very own Tricia (Websleuths owner) was interviewed. The info about Gabe is supposed to be about 30 minutes in. I am unable to open this (blocked at work), and would LOVE for someone to paraphrase and give input.
TIA.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/blog/2010/01

Think inside EJ brain and take the easiest route...........
then think she only had $500.
If she sold Gabriel, I would think she would of had more money than that.

That begs the question... How do we know she doesn't have a bunch more money sitting in an account somewhere, perhaps under an assumed name? Maybe the problem here is that EJ doesn't simply want to get out of the pokey... she wants to get out of the pokey and still be able to spend the money she made selling her child.

That is one alternative to the murder scenario that I think could explain EJ's failure to talk. Imagine she sells Gabriel and takes on a new identity as part of a plan (orchestrated by certain persons with experience in these matters). Delivery takes place in SA, money is deposited into an account with EJ carrying a smaller amount on her person for spending (she can withdraw more later), and she takes off for FL to explore a potential new life, under an assumed name.

She thinks she's in the clear now that Gabriel is delivered and the money is in the bank, but things start to unravel when she can't resist telling LM she killed Gabriel out of spite. LE involvement steps up and things get messy.

She didn't count on being caught. Now she has many thousands of dollars sitting in a bank account and she's sitting in jail. Her goal is to somehow get out of jail and get on with the show without blowing the plan wide open so she can still enjoy the money someday, and she's got others with a vested interest in the outcome helping her along. If Gabriel is found and the plot is exposed, the money is gone. She isn't too worried about the murder scenario because she knows he isn't dead and she believes she is unlikely to end up in prison for a murder that never happened, with no body and no evidence. So she goes with a distorted version of the truth, with enough red herrings thrown in by her and TS to make it nearly impossible to find Gabriel or to prove what happened, which makes it more likely that she will walk away a free woman with money in the bank... if not right away, then in the not too distant future. That's really her only hope at this point.

Maybe?

She went to SA for some reason. I don't believe EJ's actions were random at all, and so I am not ready to lean in the direction of Gabriel's murder.

I have a question, can Tammy even write a book about Gabriel or the situation regarding Gabriel without Logan's consent? (Since legally, Logan is the guardian of Gabriel..)

I don't think that most people wait to kill someone. Some people just snap. And by snapping could very well still be guilty of 1st degree murder because premeditation can be formed in the blink of an eye.

Here's what I'm beginning to ponder:

(respectfully snipped for space)

...What are the odds of:
....The people at the park suddenly appear
....For the second time, complete strangers inquire about what her plans are for her child.
....Not only do they inquire, but there are interested in taking the child. Damn the torpedo's...full steam ahead with an illegal adoption.
....Not only are they interested, but they are ready to take the baby right now. Or maybe in a day or so if the motel story comes into play.
....Not only do they actually take the baby, but they vanish without a trace. National news cover the story. They have the ability to hide the child. Do they have no friends or family with eyes? They (both of them) will now risk their very freedom to hide the child knowing that if they would have come forward and returned him it could have been handled. But no, they hide him.....Maybe in another country, but not here.

Anyway, Sorry for the long post. I think EJ killed that child hope and pray he can be found so he can be put to rest.

My own opinion of course
This is exactly what makes no sense to me. I am still trying to remain hopeful Gabriel is alive and with a loving, caring family, but in order for this to be so I also believe arrangements would've had to be made before EJ left Arizona, which would've involved the Smiths. There is no way, imo, everything just "fell into place" in the short time she was in San Antonio. MOO

hard to sleuth and work too! Another curious question, does anyone know the address of the motels where ej stayed ? I thought I had heard that the bus station was across the street from one of them....

I thought that was debunked by her IP address, and the baby ended up being 15 months old.

Mel

I've seen new articles stating it's being investigated. Could be shoddy reporting.

I have a question, can Tammy even write a book about Gabriel or the situation regarding Gabriel without Logan's consent? (Since legally, Logan is the guardian of Gabriel..)

I don't know the answer to your question. But the book Tammi has been talking about writing is supposed to be about what she went through with her ex-husband, his abuse, and signing over rights to her children, etc.

hard to sleuth and work too! Another curious question, does anyone know the address of the motels where ej stayed ? I thought I had heard that the bus station was across the street from one of them....
She stayed at Homegate Suites but the car was found at the Motel 6 across from the Tornado bus station. She didn't stay at Motel 6, however. :)

IIRC, the hotel across from the bus station is the Motel 6, and she didn't stay there, just left her car grandfather's car there.

That begs the question... How do we know she doesn't have a bunch more money sitting in an account somewhere, perhaps under an assumed name? Maybe the problem here is that EJ doesn't simply want to get out of the pokey... she wants to get out of the pokey and still be able to spend the money she made selling her child.

That is one alternative to the murder scenario that I think could explain EJ's failure to talk. Imagine she sells Gabriel and takes on a new identity as part of a plan (orchestrated by certain persons with experience in these matters). Delivery takes place in SA, money is deposited into an account with EJ carrying a smaller amount on her person for spending (she can withdraw more later), and she takes off for FL to explore a potential new life, under an assumed name.

(respectfully snipped for space)

She went to SA for some reason. I don't believe EJ's actions were random at all, and so I am not ready to lean in the direction of Gabriel's murder.
It's a good thought but my question would be now that she's facing charges in Arizona which could put her in prison for several years, how would she be able to get this money out of the bank being that she won't have any identification under this assumed name? And money left idle in an account for several years would alert the bank authorities when and if someone suddenly went to withdraw the money, imo. MOO

all things I was thinking.. I agree.
Also, it seemed that analisa was way over the top dramatic

Small point I'd like to make
IMO after watching the initial interview on NG again I noticed that she stated

GRACE: So what did you do for those hours you were with baby Gabriel, just hold him?

'ANALISA: Yes. I was holding him. You know, like I said, the whole time, I was just trying to play with him. I was trying to make him happy at least while I was there."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/14/ng.01.html

BBM It struck me as odd -- as you say "overly dramatic" --sounds like she pretty much decided that Gabriel was not happy ever -- how can one assume such a thing? Many babies are not happy in the arms of a stranger -separation anxiety at that age does not seem uncommon to me at all -- IMO some babies warm up to some strangers right away, some don't warm up at all, and some are discriminating -- I have always trusted babies (and dogs) reactions to strangers

perhaps it was just her first impression of EJ clouding her statements with biased remarks such as above --her first impression being that look that EJ gave her, but she admitted she was late herself

She obviously did not have a good impression of EJ-- and gave very judgmental IMO descriptions for someone who just met a woman briefly and babysat a baby who was possibly teething, possibly scared to be in the arms of a stranger,

IDK just my impressions

It's a good thought but my question would be now that she's facing charges in Arizona which could put her in prison for several years, how would she be able to get this money out of the bank being that she won't have any identification under this assumed name? And money left idle in an account for several years would alert the bank authorities when and if someone suddenly went to withdraw the money, imo. MOO

If she actually ends up in prison for several years, those are problems.

But what I am pondering now is: In this very muddy situation, what seems like the most clear path to her walking free? Not that it will go that way necessarily... but where does the potential lie?

It certainly doesn't lie in 'fessing up to everything and having Gabriel returned. In that event, she's in jail and the money is gone too.

We seem to have 2 Gabriel threads going...:waitasec:

It would still seem really interesting to me the route the bus took to get from SA to Fl.

I don't know the answer to your question. But the book Tammi has been talking about writing is supposed to be about what she went through with her ex-husband, his abuse, and signing over rights to her children, etc.

Does she really think her life is that interesting?

If she actually ends up in prison for several years, those are problems.

But what I am pondering now is: In this very muddy situation, what seems like the most clear path to her walking free? Not that it will go that way necessarily... but where does the potential lie?

It certainly doesn't lie in 'fessing up to everything and having Gabriel returned. In that event, she's in jail and the money is gone too.
Oh I understand completely what you're saying here, and could very well be what she has in mind. Unfortunately for her, the charges she's facing now are pretty cut & dried and I can't seen an acquittal. MOO

I don't think that most people wait to kill someone. Some people just snap. And by snapping could very well still be guilty of 1st degree murder because premeditation can be formed in the blink of an eye.

Here's what I'm beginning to ponder:

....She never expected for a judge to challenge her custody. She thought she had total say over what happened to the baby. In her mind, she could keep him or give him away. How dare the father have any say!!

... Like gasoline on a blazing fire the Smiths validated ES's feelings above. They (at least Tammy) worked her and worked her and worked her. They encouraged her hate for Logan, praised her thoughts of turning the child over and made her feel important. EJ was ready and willing to give the baby to the Smiths.

....The Smiths made the mistake of being way too visible in the court proceedings. They should never have went with her or have communicated with Logan. But they expected Logan to just suck it up when the baby vanished. They underestimated him and could now be identified as potential babynappers. The risk now outweighed the benefits so they backed off.

...But they had already filled EJ's mind with thoughts of a new life, free from the constraints of motherhood. It wasn't so easy for EJ to shift mentally. Here she is, stuck with "that baby" and considers herself saddled. In the end the Smiths didn't do what they promised, why would anyone else?

...And I think this is when she killed the baby. Now she can go off and have that unfettered life that the Smiths convinced her she could have without the yolk of motherhood weighing her down.

...What are the odds of:
....The people at the park suddenly appear
....For the second time, complete strangers inquire about what her plans are for her child.
....Not only do they inquire, but there are interested in taking the child. Damn the torpedo's...full steam ahead with an illegal adoption.
....Not only are they interested, but they are ready to take the baby right now. Or maybe in a day or so if the motel story comes into play.
....Not only do they actually take the baby, but they vanish without a trace. National news cover the story. They have the ability to hide the child. Do they have no friends or family with eyes? They (both of them) will now risk their very freedom to hide the child knowing that if they would have come forward and returned him it could have been handled. But no, they hide him.....Maybe in another country, but not here.

Anyway, Sorry for the long post. I think EJ killed that child hope and pray he can be found so he can be put to rest.

My own opinion of course

I think this is an excellent post that echoes my train of thought and opinion about this case exactly. Thanks for putting it out there so coherently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500