AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ ~n/t~ : abc news didn't id the person speaking, which is probably the correct thing to do. The news clip just said 'family friends'.
Hope that this precious little girl is found safe !!!!!
Makes me nervous when they (LE) appear to focus more closely on the home.

It may have been the uncle. He was making statements describing Isabel yesterday that made some people uncomfortable.

Another beautiful child just gone. :( I hope they find her.

Police have asked the family of a 6-year-old Arizona girl who disappeared from her bedroom to leave their Tucson home after an FBI dog search Monday turned up new information that required a closer examination, investigators told KVOA.com.

Police Chief Roberto Villasenor told the NBC affiliate that canine units alerted police to a “new direction” and officers were working with the dog handlers to interpret the latest discovery inside the home of missing first-grader Isabel Mercedes Celis. Dogs from an FBI canine unit from Virginia began searching the home after midnight Monday, police said.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...eeping-missing-girls-family-from-arizona-home

Oh, I don't like the sound of that :(

one of the dogs was also a unknown scent discrimination dog (can detect unknown scent). The other one was HRD.

I am thinking (just moo) that the fbi dogs were brought in to double check what dogs had already noted in the house (dogs have previously been mentioned in the case) :moo:

Thank You :nurse:

I am still catching up here !

:please: that Isabel is found soon !

The search for a missing 6-year-old Arizona girl who authorities say may have been snatched from her bedroom in Tucson entered its third day on Monday as search dogs shifted investigators' attention back to the child's home.

The parents of first-grader Isabel Mercedes Celis told detectives she was last seen on Friday night when they tucked her into bed, and was found to have vanished when a family member entered her room the next morning to awaken her, police said.

After an intense but fruitless door-to-door search of a 6-mile-wide swath of Tucson surrounding the girl's house over the past two days, investigators were focusing on Monday on the interior of the home itself, Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villasenor said.

Two specially trained dogs brought in by the FBI arrived on the scene late on Sunday, he told a news conference on Monday morning, and "the dogs did alert on a few things ... but what exactly that is we're trying to determine."

"We have information obtained from the dogs that necessitate our follow-up investigation," the chief said. "In order to do that, we secured the residence, we've asked the family to leave the residence, so we don't have to talk about any other contamination of the scene. And we will conduct that follow-up investigation."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-usa-missing-arizonabre83m191-20120423,0,4332237.story

Do we have last time seen (beside Family members account?)

Was her family the only ones in the house that night or was there other peopl there?

Just throwing this out there. I wonder if the parents were not home that night. Maybe mom was working and Dad went out.

And the screen, could it have been an exit point or an entry point?

Someone correct me if I am wrong I am sure you will. But was not there someone that said the parents have not stay in the house since Isabel went missing?

KVOA ‏ @KVOA Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
TPD searching landfill due to weekend garbage pickup in Celis neighborhood. TPD: Celis family is cooperating. http://KVOA.com for more.
35m KVOA ‏ @KVOA Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
TPD searching 3 mile radius of Celis home. 17 sex offenders live in area & TPD is checking in on all of them. http://KVOA.com for more.
1h
http://twitter.com/#!/kvoa

Are you running a fever Bette? Feeling dizzy?

No way I'm gonna miss Derek tonight, especially not to hear Nancy repeat the same two or three facts over and over for the entire hour like she always does, and never anything we don't already know!

Trying to be a good citizen here, there is no need for drastic decisions...remember, a couple of weeks ago they were laying on the floor, next time they were kissing, what are we in for tonight, Hmmm?

DWTS DWTS DWTS!

:floorlaugh: I'll hit the remote frequently and watch videos tomorrow ;)

Quote:
The search for a missing 6-year-old Arizona girl who authorities say may have been snatched from her bedroom in Tucson entered its third day on Monday as search dogs shifted investigators' attention back to the child's home.

The parents of first-grader Isabel Mercedes Celis told detectives she was last seen on Friday night when they tucked her into bed, and was found to have vanished when a family member entered her room the next morning to awaken her, police said.

After an intense but fruitless door-to-door search of a 6-mile-wide swath of Tucson surrounding the girl's house over the past two days, investigators were focusing on Monday on the interior of the home itself, Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villasenor said.

Two specially trained dogs brought in by the FBI arrived on the scene late on Sunday, he told a news conference on Monday morning, and "the dogs did alert on a few things ... but what exactly that is we're trying to determine."

"We have information obtained from the dogs that necessitate our follow-up investigation," the chief said. "In order to do that, we secured the residence, we've asked the family to leave the residence, so we don't have to talk about any other contamination of the scene. And we will conduct that follow-up investigation."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-usa-missing-arizonabre83m191-20120423,0,4332237.story
BBM.

JMO, I interpret that to possibly mean that they are/have been using the dogs to indicate the freshest trails of each family member. But it could simply mean that they want to prevent additional new scents of everyone but the dog handlers, and prevent anything interfering with the already existing scent trails. Obviously, IMO, they have presumably already been using the dogs for Isa's scent trail and a possible HRD scent trail. JMO, I could see that IF they had a HRD hit, they would be trying to see if they could match that up with the info from the scent dog's work.

one of the dogs was also a unknown scent discrimination dog (can detect unknown scent). The other one was HRD.

I am thinking (just moo) that the fbi dogs were brought in to double check what dogs had already noted in the house (dogs have previously been mentioned in the case) :moo:

Nurse, when you are working as a nurse, are your coworkers up to date on this stuff or do you find they are pretty much clueless? Mine were always clueless.

Looked at RC's fb page, appears to be a very nice family oriented person.

Prayers that Isa will be found safe and sound, man I hate these cases!

According to the link a few posts above, the landfill was searched already and Isabel wasn't found, Knox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500