Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #5 *J. Hunter guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's end the week on a high note and pray that Jhessye is found on Friday! :rocker:

I would love to be able to write a note of appreciation to those who continue to search for Jhessye. Is there any way that we could do that? That would be an awesome idea! They need to know how much we appreciate what they are going thru to look for this beautiful little girl.

My late fiance worked for months in the Louisiana heat in New Orleans looking for the bodies of people in houses where people had last been reported in houses that flooded to their roofs and hadn't been heard from since. It was an unbelievable hot, depressing and messy job looking thru the mold, muck and mud for those hundreds of people. It was very hard on him physically and emotionally. I think it would have helped him and his crew a lot to know that someone out there appreciated what they were doing and the toll it took on them.

I would love to be able to write such a note to Jhessye's searchers. I think they are getting paid ( I hope so) but there is no amount of money that compels searchers to do a job like this. It is their hearts that compels them to do such jobs and I would like to be able to tell them there are many people who know just what a wonderful thing they are doing.

"The smell is putrifying. We're dealing with six months of garbage," he said.

Investigators have to closely examine each piece of garbage, open each garbage bag in an area about 200-by-200 square feet, 20 feet deep.

"Very dangerous with all of the rusty metal. Just a dangerous and daunting task."

http://ktar.com/6/1536551/Search-for-missing-Jhessye-moves-into-3rd-month

Bless these volunteers. They are being paid, but cannot be forced to take on this search. They have volunteered for this thankless task.

They have earned my undying gratitude for their relentless search for our tiny dancer.

Jhessye's heroes....God Bless those searchers!

Today I was sitting outside with a neighbor and a beautiful butterfly flew almost into my eye. Then it stopped and flew over my head, twice.

I told my neighbor that was Jhessye's butterfly and she said, "No, that was Jhessye. They say when a butterfly looks you straight in the eyes you've looked into the eyes of an angel."

I guess you all know what we did next. She went for the Kleenix.

Then we both sat watching Jhessye and the other butterflies in the yard, she brought her friends.

The fundraiser is initially planned to be a "Hole in One Shootout"

Top prize undetermined as of yet, but I will be doing a bake sale/car wash at the end of the month in order to get a base amount to fund the event with and get the insurances needed for such an event. If anyone within a 60 mile radius of Glendale knows of a Golf Course that would gladly hold this event at little or no cost, please private message me the details. Also looking for catering/food, and raffle prizes.

Great ideas AZ1991! I'm sure Jhessye's family (not including the egg donor) will be so grateful to you! I wish I lived closer so I could help.

I just hope Jhessye is found soon. Those searchers are going to be facing the full heat of summer in a few weeks.

I'll never understand how a mother could do the things that were done to Jhessye. She was such a beautiful little girl. I don't think I'll ever stop questioning why.

If only she could be found. If only those who love her could bury this precious little girl. Thank God for the devotion of all those who are searching, those who are doing fundraisers, and those who continue to give.

Jhessye, you are loved!

Still think of Jhessye everyday ♥

Today I was sitting outside with a neighbor and a beautiful butterfly flew almost into my eye. Then it stopped and flew over my head, twice.

I told my neighbor that was Jhessye's butterfly and she said, "No, that was Jhessye. They say when a butterfly looks you straight in the eyes you've looked into the eyes of an angel."

I guess you all know what we did next. She went for the Kleenix.

Then we both sat watching Jhessye and the other butterflies in the yard, she brought her friends.

Thanks for that amazing post. I can't help but think it was a gift from Jhessye.

I had a butterfly encounter as well. I have never seen a butterfly behave this way. I was outside sitting in the porch and this butterfly came and hovered in front of me, so close, swooping and circling in front of, almost like it was dancing or flirting and saying "Hey, look at me".

I put my hand out and extended a finger for it to land on, never thinking that would happen. Yet it did! It sat on my finger, looking at me and then did a few more loops in front of me and landed on my blouse, right over my heart. It moved to touch my necklace which a miniature copy of my late fiances fire department badge. It stayed there, slowly opening and closing its wings, almost like hugging me. I laughed and told it how pretty it was and it just sat there. (yeah, I'm crazy like that, I will talk to bugs, lizards, etc)

Then it did a few more loops and was right in my face fluttering. This went on for a few minutes with it landing on my head and hand, etc. When I had to go inside to check on something it followed me in the house!! It landed on a picture frame and the curtains.

I was worried for it being trapped inside and asked it please to get on my finger so that it wouldn't get trapped in the house and be hurt. I know you can't catch a butterfly without disturbing it's delicate feathers that make up its wings.

So i asked it to please get on my finger so I could put it out where it belonged. By this time Ms Swamp thought I surely had lost it because I had been laughing and talking to it, telling it how pretty it was. But it landed on my finger and I brought it outside and released it.

It was such an amazing thing. I though of MissJames (from WS) who has the phrase " a butterfly changed my life" in her avatar siggy. So this was an amazing thing to have happen. So unexpected and so sweet. I thought of Jhessye and prayed that would be the day she was found.

As I already said ,the pendant that the butterfly touched was a gift from my late fiance, a copy of his badge. Guess what his badge number is? 316. How wonderful is that? Remember John 3:16 and what it says?

And as i write this, a commercial just came on inviting people to come to the zoo's butterfly garden. I prayed that this all meant that Jhessye would be found. But maybe it is just a sign from her that even though she hasn't been found that she is fine, has her wings in heaven and doesn't want everyone to grieve over her.

ETA i was just watching the tv show "Scrubs" and there was butterfly in the scene and JD was saying that even the fluttering of a butterfly's wings can effect everyone in way they may never realize. The butterfly landed on a patient, over her heart. How very odd that scene happened so soon after i wrote the above post.

Beautiful butterfly visits ... How can they not be related to Jhessye. Unforgettable, this child. Her name rolls out my head and onto my keyboard, - Jhessye - automatically spelled in that unique way, this beautiful sparkling little girl with butterfly bows and ballerina dreams. There has to be a successful ending for this search for Jhessye. I hope she is found soon. Those searchers are heroes, every last one of them.

Beautiful butterfly visits ... How can they not be related to Jhessye. Unforgettable, this child. Her name rolls out my head and onto my keyboard, - Jhessye - automatically spelled in that unique way, this beautiful sparkling little girl with butterfly bows and ballerina dreams. There has to be a successful ending for this search for Jhessye. I hope she is found soon. Those searchers are heroes, every last one of them.

I was just looking at the TV guide, looking for something to watch next and I saw the name of the "Scrubs" episode that I am watching. The name of it? My Butterfly.

The description of the episode reads:

This episode explores a number of interrelated events, which illustrate the relationships among the Sacred Heart staff. The title comes from a single butterfly interacting with numerous objects and people, in a reference to the philosophical concept of the butterfly effect.

http://www.kpho.com/story/18152580/police-crews-looking-for-missing-girl-still-have-hope

" . . . Every month there's a whole new set of volunteers with a whole new attitude and excitement about being out there and hopeful that they're going to locate Jhessye so spirits actually stay high," explained Tracey Breedan with Glendale police.

So moved by their dedication, and grateful they refuse to give up. Sending out special thoughts to searchers this and every day.

I'm looking for favorite Jhessye photos, I'm going to be making a brochure of sorts as I go out looking for sponsors and clearances this next week or two, and would love to use some of our sleuths favorites.

I'm looking for favorite Jhessye photos, I'm going to be making a brochure of sorts as I go out looking for sponsors and clearances this next week or two, and would love to use some of our sleuths favorites.

If you go back to the Jhessye threads that were going right around the time Jhessye's sister divulged her mother's systematic torture and confinement of Jhessye, you will find some lovely photos and images created by some of our more crafty/talented members.

The WhereisJhessyeShockely FB page linked here https://www.facebook.com/groups/whereisjhessyeshockley/ has some really beautiful images and is frequented by family members who raised Jhessye prior to her momster taking her.

CAUTION: if you see art there that you wish to use in your mission to assist with Jhessye's case please gain permission of the creator before using it. They have had some issues with people taking their creative work, using it for their own purposes (sometimes not good) and not crediting the creators.

It is just as bad form to borrow from members here without crediting.

This is one of my favorites and was found via google images. I believe this is one of the many studio quality photos taken of Jhessye when she was with her beloved family that raised her.

http://humbleopinionforum.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/jahessye-Shockley4.jpg

http://www.kpho.com/story/18152580/police-crews-looking-for-missing-girl-still-have-hope

" . . . Every month there's a whole new set of volunteers with a whole new attitude and excitement about being out there and hopeful that they're going to locate Jhessye so spirits actually stay high," explained Tracey Breedan with Glendale police.

So moved by their dedication, and grateful they refuse to give up. Sending out special thoughts to searchers this and every day.

I never cease to be amazed by GPD ... It's all for and about you Sweet Jhessye!!!

I have faith justice will be served. It's taking a little longer than we anticipated, but jerice will pay for what she did.

TLC, can she see the FB Page you linked above? I thought it was a private group. Maybe AZ1991 can be put in touch with Shannon privately?

TLC, can she see the FB Page you linked above? I thought it was a private group. Maybe AZ1991 can be put in touch with Shannon privately?

Thank you guys for helping me find a place to go for some resources! I was unable to message Shannon as we both share the same privacy settings as far as messages from non-FB-friends goes. I messaged the other admin with my intentions and requested to join the group. :)

Thanks for that reminder knox, I had completely forgotten they went private some time back.

and you are right about GPD. So impressed with this agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid