Identified! AZ - Yavapai Co, 'Little Miss Nobody', WhtFem 6-7, UP10741, Jul'60 - Sharon Lee Gallegos

I have my doubts that this is Myrisha. For this UID to be her, she would of had to have been kept alive for almost two years after her father abducted her and then murdered by someone other than her father. Also, the UID is estimated to be at least a year older than Myrisha would have been in 1960. Age estimates of young children are usually accurate, so this makes me even more doubtful that it could be her.

Yes, I decided to try to get a banner made for her to help find out who she is. I'm not putting Little Miss Nobody on it .I just can't do that to her. I'll call her God's Little Child.

I guess that I am not the only person who thought that it was strange for a child that young to have dyed hair. :eek: I wonder she was possibly older than her estimated age or if someone dyed her hair to try to disguise her? The only example that I can think of off of the top of my head of a kid that age having her hair colored was JonBennet Ramsey (I had read that she went with her mom to the salon and had her hair professionally lightened). I know of young women who lightened their hair (from brown to blonde) during that time period (the early 1960s), but I am not really sure if it was fashionable to color their hair red or auburn back then? Does anyone know if this was stylish to do at the time?

Here's a couple of little girls that went missing from the California desert in the 1980's Brandi Lee Krajewski 2 year old went missing from Nipton October 7,1982. CA CA - Brandi Lee Krajewski, 2, Nipton, 7 Oct 1982 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community This other Jane Doe was found in a mine shaft in "Nipton" CA CA - Nipton - WhtFem 778UFCA, 18-30, In Mineshaft, May'76 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community In the case of Laura Ann Bradbury 3 years old went missing from 29 Palms California on October 18,1984 they mention some one seeing her with a couple of people near a mine shaft that person was later killed. http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/293785 http://cms.sbcounty.gov/Portals/34/HomicideColdCase/1984/Laura_Ann_Bradbury.pdf Found Deceased CA - Laura Bradbury, 3, Joshua Tree, Oct 1984 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Oh My, first things first this little girl needs a new name immediatly. She should not be little miss nobody for one more second.

mjak

So sad! It apparently was not Debbie they found her little body in KY. Makes me wonder if this was a simular situation like this family. http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkillers/D/DUDLEY_kenneth_edwin_irene_gwyn.php

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...3ksAAAAIBAJ&sjid=1ssEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1343,1944727

From above article.
on January 1, 1960. Three-year-old Deborrah Jane survived until May 21, 1960; her small corpse was wrapped in canvas, wedged into a cardboard box and dumped on a rubbish heap outside Jenkins, Kentucky. That's the town over from me. :(

My little girl thinks the boy in the box's name is Daniel.She named this little girl Michelle.

It looks like I'm going to have to put Little Miss Nobody on her banner.That's really what every knows her by and it's on her grave stone.Sad.I just pray she's not Little Miss Nobody for long.She is somebody and I plan to try and find out who she is.

Ok It took me awhile to figure out how to make one.This is the first banner I have ever made and it for her to I hope and pray to help find out who she is.I had trouble making it this small and the different sizes.

LittlemissNobody4_zps8237adb0.jpg

littlemissnobody6_zps23741787.jpg

littlemissnobody5_zpsea575706.jpg

I just found this thread. Her nickname is really sad and I wish people would come up with a different one because she was somebody.

I know people have speculated that perhaps the hair dye and nail polish may have been due to rather sinister things like an abductor trying to hide her identity or a pedophile trying to make her look older. That seems possible. At the same time, I also think it could have been for another reason, maybe she saw her mother, older sister, etc. with a certain look and wanted to imitate her.

I can't imagine many families would allow children that young to have dyed hair and painted nails every single day of the year unless there was a reason and much less in the 1960s. It makes me think that maybe it might have been for a family photo or for a special occasion or contest. When I was that age I was allowed to try on nail polish maybe once a year if that just for fun really. That could narrow things down.

Her nickname made me think of beauty pageants. Is that at all likely?

I do; henna was a big thing then. It was also in the 70s as well. We used lemon too hehe.

I also wonder if her age is older than first thought. Can't they now re run all dna, etc? I would think any cold case unit would take on this case.

BBM. This is a very good point... in another thread, someone was identified and the age turned out to be off by several years. So I think it's possible that this girl was older. After all, the ages we get are the most likely ages but not the end-all. She could have been small for her age, and if she was being neglected IMO she could have seemed even younger due to malnutrition.

If she turned out to be in her very early teens (like say 10-12), that could explain the hair dye and nail polish even more.

I wonder is she could be related or connected to this other Jane Doe found.She died 1960-1965. I don't know.

https://identifyus.org/cases/7228

This is a good point... I don't know either, but maybe that other Jane Doe was her mother or older sister?

I really hope we can find out who they are sooner or later.

I hope and pray they can and will get DNA on her. She needs to be identified.

Little Miss's story caught my eye- so sad. I agree she needs a new name.

Maybe Prescott Arizona Michele (PAM) for short?

I agree maybe Mom or big sister was painting their nails and she wanted some polish too. Could Mom have been coloring hair, there was some left over, and Mom decided to color the little girl's hair rather than throw the rest of the dye out? What is bothering me is those "man-size sandals" that were cut off to fit her feet. That sounds like they could not afford to buy her proper shoes. What I find worse is the horrifying thought of a kidnapped child.

I happened across this while looking. She was 4 years old when she went missing from Oklahoma in 1947 after a horrific tornado that killed her mother.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2557dfok.html

I know our UID had "brown" hair, but that could mean light brown. Joan's hair could have darkened as she grew a little older-it doesn't look all that blonde to me. ( not like a blonde blonde, if that makes sense.) Her Doenetwork mentions that Joan was protesting as the so-called "rescue workers" men carried her away. Why would rescue workers be removing her from a hospital? Something about these two men just doesn't add up for me.

What should we call the UID? She needs a real name, not "Nobody".

You have to wonder if this case will ever be solved... In 1960 people didn't keep as tight of records, it's completely possible that if the family did it then they could get away with it.

Maybe one day. And I absolutely hate the name they gave her! She WAS somebody. She still is. Why can't she have a sweet name like "Angel Doe" or even "Baby Doe?"

I happened across this while looking. She was 4 years old when she went missing from Oklahoma after a horrific tornado that killed her mother.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2557dfok.html

I know our UID had "brown" hair, but that could mean light brown. Joan's hair could have darkened as she grew a little older-it doesn't look all that blonde to me. ( not like a blonde blonde, if that makes sense.) Her Doenetwork mentions that Joan was protesting as the so-called "rescue workers" men carried her away. Why would rescue workers be removing her from a hospital? Something about these two men just doesn't add up for me.

What should we call the UID? She needs a real name, not "Nobody".

She went missing in 1947, that'd put her at.. What? 17 in 1960?

Sorry. I was thinking she was found in 1950. So tired I am not adding math right. Yes you are right. Too old in 1960.

What about "Arizona Angel" as a name?

I'm pretty sure they need a court order of some type for an exhumation/DNA collection if possible. As of a few years ago, Myrisha's mother was still living. Has anyone contacted LE on both ends about a possible match yet?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back