AZ - Young boys sexually assult 8 yr old girl -- Family blames victim!!

Culture/schmulture. To all Liberians in the US: you are here now, check your criminal "culture" at the border, we do not tolerate rape and we really don't tolerate child rapists. These boys need to be locked up because they believe rape is OK and not even worthy of punishment, they will re-offend.

The little girl should never be returned to this family - ever. They will kill her for "shaming" them. If they want their "culture" they should just stay in Lliberia where they can rape babies and stone each other to death at will. But no. Now we have to pick up the mess with 4 in jail and one who needs foster care and adoption to save her life. Pathetic P'sOS.

They came here to escape Liberia, but brought their sick 3rd world culture with them.

My bold and italics. Yes, they brought their culture with them and they are receiving the short course on why aspects of it will not fly in a non third world country.

To me, this is similar to the FDLS case that resulted in the rooting out of hundreds of children from the compound in TX-these were natural born US citizens that believe it is their right to raise their children as they see fit...in their case they supported their belief that it is OK to give their children to adults to "marry", it is their right to beat and jettison children who do not fit in, and their belief that it is OK to work the children at very young ages for many hours.

It is a cycle that has to be broken somewhere-in Maricopa County I pray that it is broken now for this little girl and the children who victimized her.

My bold and italics. Yes, they brought their culture with them and they are receiving the short course on why aspects of it will not fly in a non third world country.

To me, this is similar to the FDLS case that resulted in the rooting out of hundreds of children from the compound in TX-these were natural born US citizens that believe it is their right to raise their children as they see fit...in their case they supported their belief that it is OK to give their children to adults to "marry", it is their right to beat and jettison children who do not fit in, and their belief that it is OK to work the children at very young ages for many hours.

It is a cycle that has to be broken somewhere-in Maricopa County I pray that it is broken now for this little girl and the children who victimized her.

I get that they brought it with them, but honestly, it isn't okay in any country on the planet! I do understand that this little girl's family - as well as the boys who raped her, have a different belief system than we do in the U.S. But they know enough to have come here for a better life and I should certainly hope that means life without violent rape. I will never excuse anyone from any part of the world that recognizes females as a worthless or less valuable sex.

I can't even get started on the FLDS! They hide their crimes behind religion right here at home - which is even more despicable, IMO. Any time they are called to the mat, they cry religious persecution and the authorities back off, just as designed. Meanwhile, we all KNOW these children are being abused in any number of ways. Oh, but it's all they know, blah, blah, blah. Doesn't make it right.

Governments the world over do not adequately protect innocent children and all societies pay for it in the end. We see it right here on WS every, single day.

I started to reply to several posts, but just decided to do it this way, for space.

I live here in Phoenix and this is a HUGE problem, I know that in all of the US we are a melting pot of many races, cultures etc. The thing is, Arizona in very recent years has had a HUGE influx of many, many different people from different cultures. We are pretty much expected to just accept those cultures, beliefs, even to the detriment of our own.

When these people commit crimes, or do something that is obviously not ok by American standards, due to "sensitivity", worries of lawsuits for "racial profiling" etc, most times the perpetrators are not tried according to our laws, we are fed a bunch of BS about how this is "their culture" etc. (I am referring to the crime of her parents rejecting and refusing to take her home to their family.) The boys will be dealt with according to our laws.

As an Phoenician, this is disgusting and embarassing, but I believe it reflects the attitude of our government (local and federal) in refusing to deal with many crimes committed here by foreigners, illegal aliens etc.

I would bet my bottom dollar that the family will face no charges! It is not the first of us law abiding citizens having to follow that bitter, bitter pill of the double standard here in AZ :mad:.

Oh, btw, speaking of FLDS, we have them too...but that is another discussion, lol.

Authorities need to find this child a home with a loving family, remove any other children from this family, and deport the parents.

Authorities need to find this child a home with a loving family, remove any other children from this family, and deport the parents.

That may happen, in the end.

OR, we can punish them for what went so clearly wrong here and teach them a more humane way of dealing with the situation. I mean, clearly they realize by now how idiotic they sound to the bulk of their new country. My fear in having this child returned to them at any point is the danger she faces of being scapegoated for that blame.

I get that they brought it with them, but honestly, it isn't okay in any country on the planet! I do understand that this little girl's family - as well as the boys who raped her, have a different belief system than we do in the U.S. But they know enough to have come here for a better life and I should certainly hope that means life without violent rape. I will never excuse anyone from any part of the world that recognizes females as a worthless or less valuable sex.

I can't even get started on the FLDS! They hide their crimes behind religion right here at home - which is even more despicable, IMO. Any time they are called to the mat, they cry religious persecution and the authorities back off, just as designed. Meanwhile, we all KNOW these children are being abused in any number of ways. Oh, but it's all they know, blah, blah, blah. Doesn't make it right.

Governments the world over do not adequately protect innocent children and all societies pay for it in the end. We see it right here on WS every, single day.

:blowkiss:

my point in bringing up the FLDS was to show that we have home grown sanctioned crimes against children here in the US that are being perpetrated in the name of culture and religion. It will be an awesome defense for this family if the authorities try to take action against them.

I am 100% with you regarding attitudes towards children; I am mystified that child rape and abuse are not a federal offenses.

Maybe the parents should face charges of abandonment of their daughter, or some such, but I will be very surprised if they are charged with anything or deported. I doubt if they will lose their other children.

:blowkiss:

my point in bringing up the FLDS was to show that we have home grown sanctioned crimes against children here in the US that are being perpetrated in the name of culture and religion. It will be an awesome defense for this family if the authorities try to take action against them.

I am 100% with you regarding attitudes towards children; I am mystified that child rape and abuse are not a federal offenses.

:blowkiss: I'm sorry, believe09. The FLDS sham is a bit of an obsession with me! And you're absolutely right, it is very much the same mentality and it's shameful that it is allowed to go virtually unchecked on US soil.

I doubt very much this little girl's family will be charged with anything. At best, she will be removed from their home. They will not care. To them, she is an embarrassment. And even though she is twice the victim, she will miss her family and will be heartbroken to be taken from them, which will leave even more scars on her little heart. It's just a tragic situation all the way around.

According to the news reports, the majority of families living in that apartment complex are from Liberia and, therefore, somewhat isolated from the mainstream US population. This is a problem for me and I'm quite sure it's common. How are immigrants expected to assimilate and learn OUR culture and way of life if they are basically still living in "villages" - just in a different location? What if those boys all grow up thinking they can gang-rape any little girl who crosses their path, even if they are not of the same background?

We can all be horrified at this crime and her family's reaction. But there is a much bigger picture here that needs attention. We are dropping the ball while attempting to be politically correct and embracing diversity.

I think that if someone is from another country and breaks the law here in the US they should be sent back to the country they came from! It is an honor and a privilege to live here in the United States! Our prison system is filled up enough with our "own" offenders which we taxpayers pay for, they don't belong there!
JMO:twocents:

I think that if someone is from another country and breaks the law here in the US they should be sent back to the country they came from! It is an honor and a privilege to live here in the United States! Our prison system is filled up enough with our "own" offenders which we taxpayers pay for, they don't belong there!
JMO:twocents:

I would agree if they'd stay in their own country.
The only way to protect our citizens is to jail them. If they're sent back, they can come back illegally, change their name and start all over again.

BS, RED FLAG Flying!!!!!! Do not let this child back into this family, they will harm her. She will have an "accident" with acid or something. So very sad.

That's what I think too. Now they want people to think that they said they didn't want her back because she said she was raped when she wasn't. Even if I believed that, not the action of a loving parent IMO, to want to cast off your 8 YO daughter because you think she lied. And I don't believe that's the reason, anyway.

Very cagey defense-Phoenix police and CPS have just been introduced to rock and hard place.

so once again, we send a child back into an environment that will prove to be less than cultivating. welcome to the good ole US of A.

BS, RED FLAG Flying!!!!!! Do not let this child back into this family, they will harm her. She will have an "accident" with acid or something. So very sad.

Or she will have gone back to her home country to be cared for by relatives.

Didn't understand english?
The child is bilingual correct?
Translators are available throughout our system?

I'm glad they are meeting and getting a translator involved. I don't KNOW if there was a communication, but it certainly wouldn't be surprising if there was one.

I would love nothing more than to give these people the benefit of the doubt, but if she goes back to her family, I suspect we will hear of her again somewhere down the road. They have reacted exactly as they would have had they still been in Liberia. I'm quite sure their beliefs are deeply ingrained and, no matter where they go, will take those beliefs with them. IMO, there was NO miscommunication. In their minds, she has "shamed" the family and God only knows what further abuses she will suffer because of it; even in Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A. I will pray for her.

Just when I think we've sunk as low as it goes, that human beings couldn't possibly act w any more cruelty or any less humanely and that I've heard the worst... I am incensed, outraged and just GRIEVED to the core of my heart that when this precious girl most needed the comfort of loved ones, she instead had insult added to injury. This child has been so violated and traumatized she needs the kind of compassion, empathy, emotional support and professional therapy her family frankly appears incapable of providing. BOTH the older boys should be charged as adults and the younger ones given longterm intensive treatment. The victim should NOT be returned to this family THEY HAVE DONE ENOUGH.:mad:

I don't know when I've been more appalled or infuriated, it's a good thing I'm not the judge cause I'd throw the boys AND the parents who "raised" them ALL in jail.

:mad: :furious: :steamed:
:parrot:

I just can't get this little girl out of my mind :( what a terrible situation! I'd like to hear more on if a translator was available. I mean, did they NOT give an interview online? Defending themselves? Seems like THAT would bust that myth up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back