Bombshell tonight! Nancy Grace leaving Headline News

HLN announced over a year ago that they were going to start concentrating their programming towards younger viewers and millennials.

I took that to mean they were rocketing towards bankruptcy court as fast as humanly possible. If it doesn't show up on Twitter or Facebook, accessible by a cell phone, then the millennials aren't interested in it.

They cancelled quite a few of their normal shows such as Jane Velez-Mitchell and Joy Bahar, along with that nutjob Vinny Politan.

I've been curious how long it was going to take them to get around to axing Nancy, and I assumed it had something to do with letting her contract runout, which is probably the case. Dr. Drews program has just turned into a freak show with too many guest crowding in onscreen to talk over each other and fight all the way through the broadcast........it won't be long, and that hideous program will go the way of the dinosaurs as well.

I don't know how long HLN plans on airing looped episodes of Forensic files hour after hour, day after day, but I don't think it's going to get very high ratings.
Although on the bright side, they don't have to pay many staff members.

I doubt if this will be the last we see of Nancy. These tv stations have a way of recycling personalities. It would be nice if she would choose to stay home and take care of "the twins" and stop boring all of us with never-ending motherhood stories, but don't count on it. Having a daytime tv show where she gets to play judge and jury while wishing she could impose the death penalty for a simple jaywalking charge is right down her alley. With Nancy, a defendant is always guilty until they either prove themselves innocent or she declares them to be such.

The only good thing about her show was watching her constantly berating and chastising defense attorneys. But yet, for some reason they all came back on and took more of it night after night.........must have something to do with tv exposure.

I liked Nancy a very, very long time ago --- during and after caylee's case I just couldn't take her or any of her showmates anymore. Before the anthony trial, she would have a good hour of 3-4 stories with a lot of detail ...but then the stories became sloppy, the show quit giving updates on prior cases, and the sensationalizing began. I do miss courtv, it wasn't the greatest, but I would love hln to go that route. It's true that they are trying to reach to millennials , but they used anchors way older than millennials, trying to be hip, talking about things we don't care about lol

I liked Nancy a very, very long time ago --- during and after caylee's case I just couldn't take her or any of her showmates anymore. Before the anthony trial, she would have a good hour of 3-4 stories with a lot of detail ...but then the stories became sloppy, the show quit giving updates on prior cases, and the sensationalizing began. I do miss courtv, it wasn't the greatest, but I would love hln to go that route. It's true that they are trying to reach to millennials , but they used anchors way older than millennials, trying to be hip, talking about things we don't care about lol

Yes, exactly. It was a great show (IMO), then, the bombshells started coming, and the sensationalism. I'm sure it's HLN' gimmicks.
We don't want tricks, just a true crime reporting show.... why can't HLN get that.

I became an instant fan back in the 90's when she burst upon the scene during the O.J. coverage. She had a show with Johnny Cochran on the old Court TV. I thought she was smart, funny, attractive, with a big personality, although yes she had her faults. She was always a better attorney than journalist and I hated the sensationalism. I especially enjoyed her sparring or berating of defense attorneys. I can't watch much TV at all with the grating, inane celebrities--I basically have CNN on all day long. Her HLN show really went downhill with the entire network--wish they would revamp and become a new smart Court TV with gavel to gavel coverage of trials that I really miss.

I became an instant fan back in the 90's when she burst upon the scene during the O.J. coverage. She had a show with Johnny Cochran on the old Court TV. I thought she was smart, funny, attractive, with a big personality, although yes she had her faults. She was always a better attorney than journalist and I hated the sensationalism. I especially enjoyed her sparring or berating of defense attorneys. I can't watch much TV at all with the grating, inane celebrities--I basically have CNN on all day long. Her HLN show really went downhill with the entire network--wish they would revamp and become a new smart Court TV with gavel to gavel coverage of trials that I really miss.

The absolute worst, IMO, is Morning express with Robin Meade.

She set my teeth on edge. I could NOT watch her.

I can't even...oh gag Robin Meade!

I like Robin Meade, at least she doesn't scream like Jane Valez Mitchell did, who was on Dr. Drew ick, a few weeks ago, I was shocked at her diff. look.:moo:

Nancy looks as if her name should have been Prunella instead of Nancy. Her nose seems scrunched as if she is smelling something bad all the time.

I do worry about the lawyers........................who will 'unleash' them now?

Sorry, but I do detest her.

But it was true. :moo: He lost custody of his son and can never contact him.:moo:

Yes, I know and followed the case until its conclusion. Stepmother pleaded guilty, while Charlie's dad insisted on going to trial. He finally figured out that his goose was cooked and pleaded guilty but didn't get jail time. I thought HLN producers went overboard with the LIVE confrontation for the sake of ratings. It apparently didn't work because the show went south. :moo:

I'm surprised her show lasted as long as it did.

I know it's a miracle I don't know how people could stand being screamed at every night. I bet Casey Anthony will be glad the show is no longer on. I respect Nancy for going after her for the way she did.

Anyone remember the interview with Melinda Druckett? Melindas 2yo son Trenton was missing (2006) and Nancy grilled Melinda on where she was that night. I think the next night Melinda killed herself. Trenton has never been found.

Another one-vodka mom. The mom was in bed with her infant child and mom had accidently laid on the child suffocating him/her. The mom said she drank vodka that night. Mom commited suicide because of her pain, people were so cruel and posting horrible things about her. Her husband blamed it on Nancy Graces show.

I am afraid to do so, but I do want to defend NG a bit. Who else has been the voice for missing and abused children/people for all these years?

I know she did the Breaking News garbage etc, but how else do you keep your show on the air except by trying to increase ratings. Sure, she had her flaws. But I don't know anyone else besides John Walsh, that was able to bring so much attention to so many missing kids.

Kind of sad to see everyone here hating on her. :sigh:

HLN announced over a year ago that they were going to start concentrating their programming towards younger viewers and millennials.

I took that to mean they were rocketing towards bankruptcy court as fast as humanly possible. If it doesn't show up on Twitter or Facebook, accessible by a cell phone, then the millennials aren't interested in it.

They cancelled quite a few of their normal shows such as Jane Velez-Mitchell and Joy Bahar, along with that nutjob Vinny Politan.

I've been curious how long it was going to take them to get around to axing Nancy, and I assumed it had something to do with letting her contract runout, which is probably the case. Dr. Drews program has just turned into a freak show with too many guest crowding in onscreen to talk over each other and fight all the way through the broadcast........it won't be long, and that hideous program will go the way of the dinosaurs as well.

I don't know how long HLN plans on airing looped episodes of Forensic files hour after hour, day after day, but I don't think it's going to get very high ratings.

I doubt if this will be the last we see of Nancy. These tv stations have a way of recycling personalities. It would be nice if she would choose to stay home and take care of "the twins" and stop boring all of us with never-ending motherhood stories, but don't count on it. Having a daytime tv show where she gets to play judge and jury while wishing she could impose the death penalty for a simple jaywalking charge is right down her alley. With Nancy, a defendant is always guilty until they either prove themselves innocent or she declares them to be such.

The only good thing about her show was watching her constantly berating and chastising defense attorneys. But yet, for some reason they all came back on and took more of it night after night.........must have something to do with tv exposure.

BBM

Good post. Re the red/bold: She already had a show like this (Swift Justice), late afternoons here, and it didn't last very long.

I am afraid to do so, but I do want to defend NG a bit. Who else has been the voice for missing and abused children/people for all these years?

I know she did the Breaking News garbage etc, but how else do you keep your show on the air except by trying to increase ratings. Sure, she had her flaws. But I don't know anyone else besides John Walsh, that was able to bring so much attention to so many missing kids.

:loveyou: ..........................:tyou:.........................:yourock:.............:moo:

I can appreciate what you're saying and agree with you to an extent. I think her show would have been much more successful in viewer numbers if she toned down the dramatics and her over bearing personality which caused many people to switch off. I respect Nancy for drawing attention to children and adults who are/were missing or their murder and wish her well. I hope there are other shows which draw attention to missing and murdered children and adults. Judge Jeanine on Fox News used to discuss cases but her show is mostly political now.

I can appreciate what you're saying and agree with you to an extent. I think her show would have been much more successful in viewer numbers if she toned down the dramatics and her over bearing personality which caused many people to switch off. I respect Nancy for drawing attention to children and adults who are/were missing or their murder and wish her well. I hope there are other shows which draw attention to missing and murdered children and adults. Judge Jeanine on Fox News used to discuss cases but her show is mostly political now.

Indeed, there are plenty of venues to learn about and discuss missing people's cases -- we're reading one right now. Most such venues aren't vehicles to promote the celebrity of an individual, however. People like, say, John Walsh or Tricia don't resort to the sort of histrionics, sensationalism, or self-aggrandizement of Nancy Grace. There are also many TV shows that feature missing persons cases without making the content secondary to whomever is presenting it (say, Disappeared). Unfortunately, shrill, loud, and sensational is the preference of many. What's more, Nancy Grace didn't just promote herself, she, IMO, did harm too, as has been discussed in this thread. That's absolutely unnecessary and unforgivable.

I predict Nancy will have a weekly crime show on Fox News by the end of the year. I don't think she'll be prime time though .. Maybe an 11pm time slot or similar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back