Bombshell tonight! Nancy Grace leaving Headline News

Indeed, there are plenty of venues to learn about and discuss missing people's cases -- we're reading one right now. Most such venues aren't vehicles to promote the celebrity of an individual, however. People like, say, John Walsh or Tricia don't resort to the sort of histrionics, sensationalism, or self-aggrandizement of Nancy Grace. There are also many TV shows that feature missing persons cases without making the content secondary to whomever is presenting it (say, Disappeared). Unfortunately, shrill, loud, and sensational is the preference of many. What's more, Nancy Grace didn't just promote herself, she, IMO, did harm too, as has been discussed in this thread. That's absolutely unnecessary and unforgivable.

I don't know of any other tv shows that talk about CURRENT missing children/adult cases. Disappeared etc are on tv way after the fact. And of course Tricia is a gem and deserves kudos. But this is not a prime time TV show. Different thing altogether, imo.

I don't care if NG is shrill or loud. That's how I feel myself when I think about some of these abused murdered kids. I get shrill and loud too. That is her personality. If she had been calm, collected and quiet her show would never have lasted so long, imo.

Tell me about he MANY shows about CURRENT Missing kids that are on the air now. I count zero, so far. Maybe I am out of the loop.

Of course she promotes herself. She had a TV show and had to keep ratings up. She was the 'face' of the show. Thats how the television business works. You don't have a show without self promotion. I have lived in Los Angeles for 35 years and my husband is a writer /producer/director. I know how this industry works. What you are suggesting is not viable, in my opinion. You cannot make a tv show about current missing kids and not be passionate, somewhat histrionic and do some self promotion. It's all about numbers and sponsors and they want drama and sensationalism.

I think NG did way more good than harm. JMO

A guy who lived across the street from me growing up was on her show quite often. He was a detective or something and she had him on every few weeks.

Thanks steelman for your post.

steelman said:
<snip>If doesn't show up on Twitter or Facebook, accessible by a cell phone, then the millennials aren't interested in it.

:eek:fftopic:
Stores used to allow registration for rewards with an e-mail or phone# (no texting req'rd).

Not anymore!For the 'brand new store' loyalty reward programs you need a smart phone & sometimes social media login (or at the very minimum require texting)to download the participating merchants app. & receive promotional savings &coupons.

I used to have a smart phone but I went back to my old school cell for ease of use 'can't beat my old indestructible cell' and it has awesome battery longevity too! Bonus,I save money on my cellular plan.

But,as you point out retail marketing are courting generation X. So,'fortunately' the retail businesses where I shop allow me a 'workaround' (no smart phone)to use their promotions. But,it requires lengthy conversations with customer service. :sigh:

Millienals (my 29 yr old son included )act like 'I was born back when mountains were dirt' when I say I do not have or want a smart cell or ''hyperventilating" do not want to text. :therethere:

I prefer an old fashioned cell call.I like to hear a real human voice on the other end of the line.

:cow:

Thanks steelman for your post.

:eek:fftopic:
Stores used to allow registration for rewards with an e-mail or phone# (no texting req'rd).

Not anymore!For the 'brand new store' loyalty reward programs you need a smart phone & sometimes social media login (or at the very minimum require texting)to download the participating merchants app. & receive promotional savings &coupons.

I used to have a smart phone but I went back to my old school cell for ease of use 'can't beat my old indestructible cell' and it has awesome battery longevity too! Bonus,I save money on my cellular plan.

But,as you point out retail marketing are courting generation X. So,'fortunately' the retail businesses where I shop allow me a 'workaround' (no smart phone)to use their promotions. But,it requires lengthy conversations with customer service. :sigh:

Millienals (my 29 yr old son included )act like 'I was born back when mountains were dirt' when I say I do not have or want a smart cell or ''hyperventilating" do not want to text. :therethere:

I prefer an old fashioned cell call.I like to hear a real human voice on the other end of the line.

:cow:

ITA..................
210aash.jpg

Anyone remember the interview with Melinda Druckett? Melindas 2yo son Trenton was missing (2006) and Nancy grilled Melinda on where she was that night. I think the next night Melinda killed herself. Trenton has never been found.

Another one-vodka mom. The mom was in bed with her infant child and mom had accidently laid on the child suffocating him/her. The mom said she drank vodka that night. Mom commited suicide because of her pain, people were so cruel and posting horrible things about her. Her husband blamed it on Nancy Graces show.

The Melinda Duckett interview was when I learned that NG wasn't always LIVE.

I'm in Florida and the news had already spread that Melinda killed herself. It was hours before the interview aired. Imagine my surprise when I'm hearing her talk to NG. Then I finally see the small ticker at the bottom saying she killed herself.

Personally, I didn't have a problem with how NG treated her. Melinda went on her show to talk about her missing Son and bring awareness but then dodged the simple questions about a time line. NG called her out on it. I am biased tho. I think Melinda killed her Son. And she killed herself because of guilt and knowing the noose was getting tighter. Heck with NG. LE didn't believe her.

IIRC, she wasn't going to do the interview at first. But then learned John would be on the show and needed to one-up him. IMO

Still hoping to one day hear that little boys remains have been found.

Hahahah! Remember how long it took to dial one of those things? LMAO
My username is an ode to days gone by. We have an exchange here that starts with 897 and it was torture dialing those numbers.

I used to watch Nancy Grace every night with my mother in law. There were days when I wanted to pick up the TV and throw it out the window. I honestly believe she has as much interest in solving crimes as OJ does in finding the killer. Good riddance, IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My username is an ode to days gone by. We have an exchange here that starts with 897 and it was torture dialing those numbers.

I used to watch Nancy Grace every night with my mother in law. There were days when I wanted to pick up the TV and throw it out the window. I honestly believe she has as much interest in solving crimes as OJ does in finding the killer. Good riddance, IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah, other than exploiting the misery of others, I do wonder what good she did? Is there any evidence that she ever solved a crime or located a missing person?

Also, it's not like she was giving publicity to missing people in general. She cherry-picked the stories she covered. Some victims and some crimes were much more likely to be featured on her show...unlike here, where anyone's story can be told (not that all will get the same attention, but I'd say that over 90% of missing persons cases covered here got no attention from NG -- actually, the number may be closer to 95%).

Yeah, other than exploiting the misery of others, I do wonder what good she did? Is there any evidence that she ever solved a crime or located a missing person?

Also, it's not like she was giving publicity to missing people in general. She cherry-picked the stories she covered. Some victims and some crimes were much more likely to be featured on her show...unlike here, where anyone's story can be told (not that all will get the same attention, but I'd say that over 90% of missing persons cases covered here got no attention from NG -- actually, the number may be closer to 95%).
There has been many crimes/missing persons that I hadn't heard of till viewing it on the NG' show, then I'll go to WS' and get a much more detailed, accurate account. the NG show most definitely has been a spotlight for family's or LE to get the word out, I can't deny that.

Everyone,

Please keep the vitriol down please.

Post your thoughts but don't be rude.

You cannot overlook all the good things Nancy Grace has done for the missing and for cases that she personally brought to the spotlight that led to the cases being solved. If not for Nancy Grace many families would still be suffering.

However, I understand the dislike for Nancy too. She hurt a good friend of mine. Nancy ended up being wrong but she never would admit it or apologize.

IMO Nancy has done some pretty horrific things to people who didn't deserve such treatment.

So, as you can tell Nancy is not someone I hold in high esteem. However, I ask you to please keep to our terms of service while posting.

Thank you,
Tricia

I read every one of your comments...and I AGREE with ALL of them.

The program starts with a great person leading the new program....upstanding, truthful, helpful....public is interested and following along. Then...along comes the producers, backers, etc...all those behind the scenes...they see $$$$. They want to change some of the line up, news and then trim the staff. So what do these behind the scenes people do? They start slanting the stories, slash their own staff and use the info from sleuthers WITHOUT giving sleuthers the credit.....oh but we better not use their material without giving them credit. The behind the scene bosses, tell the host/hostess to ACT stronger, meaner, and get at the core of the topic no matter who it hurts. Of course the person will say yes because he wants the job and the money dangling in front of him/her! NG changed but not all of it is her fault it those behind the scenes, the CEO's...money drives them, they need the big houses, yachts, vacations, clothes, etc. NG fault though, is for going along with it...probably for the $$$. It is sad to see a good show go down hill and that is how I feel this one went over time, downhill, into a black hole. Finally the public got tired and ratings dropped, oh what will the behind the scene bosses and CEO's do now? End the show. NG is leaving and now the cycle will start allover again....a new show...people will like it for its goodness and truthful reporting and then slowly, everything will change and it too will go by the wayside....just like NG did....cycle, recycle, again and again. JMO

What will happen to people who were inspired by her hideous persona and attempted to emulate it, will they change tact I wonder and offer something closer to real journalism?

I think there is interest in this type of show, just more serious, without the histrionics. I think that bald guy, I think named Mike, who was a former FBI or something, would be good. I always liked him as a guest. The young people aren't going to watch, but there is a heck of a lot of us older peeps who would.
I would like to see several cases shown, not the whole hour repeating the same facts over and over. Also, have a follow up portion to show how older cases played out in court.
I really don't want to hear a defense attorney explain how he would defend someone, but rather experts saying if the case could be won or not.
All MOO, but I do still tune in if something new is up and I want to see if she is covering it. I never last the whole hour though.

Sorry to see her go loved her show, but wishing she would update us on the cases that have been going on since the last time they were covered on her show. Will miss her

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

CNN' Ashleigh Banfield announced on her show (legal view with Ashleigh Banfield) that she'll be leaving CNN and moving to HLN
to the 8pm (eastern time) time slot. Coincidentally.... Ashleigh announced this on her show Wednesday, and NG had a guest fill in for her show Thursday. Poor NG.

I really like AB though... hopefully we can loose the bombshell BS.

During the past couple of weeks when I've had CNN on, I noticed that Ashleigh hasn't been wearing glasses. Upon learning that she is moving to HLN, perhaps she is adopting a new persona for her program. I like her and will give the show a chance.

I also like ashleigh she is HOT. Man would I ever like to Ummm Get to know her better .LOL...And NG is going to another crime show kinda deal.she gave a few hints saying it will be alot more digital and computorized what ever that means I was kinda thinking that she may just go to the new TV crime show called Crime Watch Daily ..Ihave seen a few of nancy's former helper;s on that show and its all digital and stuff so i assumed that may be where she goes..personally I really liked the way court tv ran getting to see some live trials and getting like 5 different sets of host's my favourite being Vinny and ashleigh .. I would love to have Vinny back on HLN Actually i liked hln when they were all crime with vinny and mike the big bald guy former FBI i think ,and jane nancy but out of all of them court tv was my fav oh and with catherine Crier Live ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey
Back