Bones Found on Property

In lieu of another thread, I think most of us have been discussing today's revelation about the bones in the current Bone Fragment thread, or the Hayward Police Searching Garrido Property thread, the new News Conference thread, or/and the Are There Other Victims thread.

EDITED AT 10:00 PM to ADD: JBean merged the former "Bones Found On Garrido Property" thread into this existing thread. Posts #39 through #44 are from the other thread. JBean also renamed this thread to encompass any new bones or remains that might be discovered during the investigation at the property.

Californian....I do not know..I just saw this new thread and never looked at the other, I thought this was the one now????
any mods around? HELP.......what should we do?

IMHO, the mods should rename the other thread The Bone Fragments (with an S) and shift everything THERE. This thread we're writing in is called Bone Found on Garrido Property, and that doesn't cover the yard next door. I don't see the point in having one thread for Garrido property bone frags, and one for the yard next door!!!

Anderson Cooper...........take a while before bones are ID as human or animal
human.....DNA and then connecting to the 2 other little girls, age, sex,
might have answers pretty soon!

If anyone is interested in discussing the first bone fragment and the bones found today, I think it's taking place in the "Are There Other Victims Thread" starting with post #284.

I don't know how to make a link starting there, but here is a link to the page: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88271&page=12.

I'm just sharing. Everyone might want to continue the discussion here (I dunno).

In lieu of another thread, I think most of us have been discussing today's revelation about the bones in the current Bone Fragment thread, the Hayward Police searching Garrido Property thread, the new News Conference thread, and the Are There Other Victims thread. Should we bring the comments from there to here?
No, ask a mod to merge the threads...

I didn't want to bug the mod again tonight to ask them to merge these messages, so I'm re-posting this conversation from the "Are There Other Victims Thread" about the bones:

I have a feeling LE is withholding the information that the bone fragment has been identified as belonging to Ilene Mishelhoff, and as soon as it was confirmed, they moved in with the search warrants. Of course, I could be wrong.

I was thinking the same thing, that it belonged to Ilene or Michaela. I was leaning towards Michaela, because I firmly believe that PG DID abducted Michaela and it is only a matter of time until they find her.
However, I think that the bone belonging to Ilene would make more sense since the Dublin police have obtained a search warrant and there are very few similarities between Jaycee and Ilene's cases.

If nothing else, it will at least bring closure to some of these families.

You are probably right that he also abducted Michaela, and this search will produce evidence that he did.

My feeling about the first bone being Ilene's is based on the search warrants. Both warrants have similar wordings but some things were adapted as needed for each case. Dublin's search warrant specifically cites the bone fragment.

Ugh. I hate typing these words. I will take comfort in your words, that it will at least bring closure to the families.

I hadn't noticed that, but knowing that, i agree that it is most likely Ilene's. I wonder if her parents know anything?

I really feel that in the coming weeks, we're going to see multiple cold cases solved.

I hate typing these words too...but I also can't imagine the pain the the Michaela and Ilene's families have known for the past 20 years of not knowing where their children are. I am sure as much as this must be killing them, knowing for SURE will be a bittersweet relief.

Yes, California, I have a feeling, too, that after looking at the warrants, it has something to do with Ilene. So very sad!

Any idea why Ilene rather than Michaela? Just curious.

My suspicion is based on the difference in the search warrants, as mentioned in my post above. Here is
the link to that post

Also, here are the search warrant links:
Hayward
Dublin

Thank-you Californian, I learned something new for me from the Dublin PD press release- Ilene wasn't walking directly to her skating lesson at the Ice Rink. She was headed home, which confirms my suspicion regarding her path and where exactly she might have been abducted. I've been posting my theories about her in her thread in the Missing But Not Forgotten Forum.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46497"]CA-Ilene Misheloff- Dublin, CA, missing since 1989 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

i have a question, that been on my mind.

one of the missing girls had braces correct ? metal does not go away right ?

lets say she was kept, what would of happend after a few years with the braces and no care for them, braces are hard to remove i guess

i have a question, that been on my mind.

one of the missing girls had braces correct ? metal does not go away right ?

lets say she was kept, what would of happend after a few years with the braces and no care for them, braces are hard to remove i guess
I think Ilene had braces, so unless he removed her teeth, I would think her braces would still be on her teeth...

Investigators: Bones Found On Garrido's Property

Police To Search Phillip And Nancy Garrido's Property A Second Time While Reviewing Other Missing Person's Cases

Sep 16, 2009

ANTIOCH, Calif. (CBS13/AP) ―Police said Wednesday they found a bone fragment on the property of a Northern California couple charged with kidnapping a little girl and hiding her in their backyard for 18 years. Other fragments were found on property next door.

Investigators collected the fragments as part of a search for any evidence that might link Phillip and Nancy Garrido to two other child abductions in the 1980s.

An earlier search of their next door neighbor's backyard also yielded a bone fragment that police say is likely human but tests still must be completed.

[ame="http://www.crimeshots.com/forums/showthread.php?p=47423#post47423"]The kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard - Page 3 - Crimeshots© True Crime Forums[/ame]

I know they're checking his property and they removed items from the Molinos, but aren't they also checking out places where worked previously?

YES.
The question is, will this be used in an "insanity" defnse? :furious:

Religious fanatics is not a cause for dismissal of any case.
there are several of those in jail for life.

Might also want to be looking at photos of the property next door, to the north, where Garrido was supposedly living in a shed there from 2003 to 2006.

Why would he be living in a shed next door for 3 years, when he could be living in his own house?!?!?

JULIE

Why would he be living in a shed next door for 3 years, when he could be living in his own house?!?!?

JULIE

Wondered that, too. My two leading guesses right now--1) To hide whatever current deprivations he was up to from now five women/girls. 2) That he, and I don't give a lot of credence to his version of events, but that was where he went to get away from his "temptations" if he gave up one obsession for another. (Sexual sadist to religious fanatic). Maybe a little of both? Just MOO and :twocents: with the info we have right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back