Brad Cooper April 1st Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree JTF.

Nothing more powerful than someone saying something Brad said and then showing Brad saying something different on video right then and there.

I won't pretend to understand the pros. strategy in how they are presenting this case, the order of the witnesses and all of that. Some witnesses are only available on certain dates, that I understand.

But the weaving back 'n forth between cell, friends, cops, back to cell phone, back to cops...it seems confusing and disjointed (to me). Is it chronological? I can't tell any more.

Less0305,

Bravo on that list! Seriously good stuff.

I too hope the prosecution sees it (or at least creates one of their own listing every single coinky dink befalling Brad).

BBM

I agree with you on the coincidence. I could stretch to give it one or even a couple coincidences without being so firm in my belief - but if you look at the coincidences in this case - there are just too many to get over. At least, I can't. I hope the 12 other important people can't either.

1. Rocky/bad/contentious marriage - yes, go to Canada and yet post- separation agreement draft - no, you can't go and take children
2. Pending separation/divorce/custody battle
3. Fighting all week over house condition and no allowance
4. Never withdrew the money for allowance
5. Told conflicting stories regarding why the money wasn't withdrawn
6. Spying on NC's email account
7. Removing NC from all banking accounts and possible funds
8. Removing passports from NC's car
9. Making lists that involve wills, insurance
10. Last person who KNOWS Nancy to see her alive was Brad
11. The circle of suspicion moves from the closest person in the circle out
12. Brad's two trips to HT that very morning before 7 a.m.
13. Brad offering up two different directions to the same store within 15 minutes of each other
14. Brad wearing two different pairs of shoes to the two store trips within 15 minutes of each other
15. Police never having found the first pair of shoes.
16. Nancy being found within 3 miles of the house
17. Nancy being found without a diamond necklace it is testified to that she never took off.
18. Said necklace found in dresser drawer of in room Brad and his mother used and not in the master bedroom drawers where Nancy slept.
19. Brad's odd and unusual cleaning and laundry spree the morning Nancy disappeared.
20. Brad not returning calls to his cell phone and voice mail when he was fully aware Nancy had not returned home and he himself admitted he had gotten worried and had gone out to look for her
21. Brad himself telling officers Nancy never ran from the house, but usually drove somewhere or had someone pick her up
22. Nancy's purse, cell phone, and keys left in Brad's possession when it was testified to that she never allowed him access to her things, particularly the car keys.
23. Brad somehow "guessing" the correct item of clothing found on Nancy's body when he claims to have not seen her leave the home that morning. The white tee-shirt he claims to have seen her in not found.
24. No undies, no shorts, no tank or tee, no socks, no shoes, no pony tail holder, and no hat found - ever.
25. Two left shoes found at the house - two right shoes missing and never found. (I may have that mixed up - too lazy to go back and look up - but either way two shoes of one side found and two shoes of the other missing)
26. Manner of death was strangulation, which would not leave blood in the home.
27. Nancy and Brad had looked at building lots. Nancy was found surrounded by building lots.
28. Brad claims to have cleaned garage week before and yet exterminator testified that it was just as cluttered as always and could not pull a car into garage.
29. Brad coincidentally spilled gas in his trunk a few weeks before, but chose that week to clean his trunk, but not the rest of his car.
30. Mix up on the dress color and turning over the last item Nancy wore immediately upon request.
31. Items missing from foyer that were there the day before.
32. Nancy calls realtor to find a place to live ASAP two days prior to her becoming missing. He sent Nancy emails with townhomes, condos, etc to look at.
33. Brad had red marks on his neck and a bandaid on his finger on Saturday.
34. Brad did not initiate the missing persons call
35. Although Brad's story was Nancy went for a jog - he did not place any calls to hospitals to determine if she had been injured or sick
36. Brad had at least one affair with Nancy's best friend (the ultimate betrayal) and Nancy believed there to be others
37. Brad did not place a call to Nancy's family to inform them Nancy was missing. He left that up to others.
38. Witness states garage door was wide open at 6:45 - unusual for the Cooper home.

And to negate all that so far we know that A woman saw someone running at 7:10 a.m. who she thinks was Nancy because she looked like the woman on the flyer. Brad suddenly wanted to be the good husband and clean the house and run errands from 4 a.m. on. Brad guessed at one item of clothing Nancy wore out of the house that morning based on what she always wore and by sheer luck he was right. BRAD claims Nancy called him at 6:40 while he was at HT - no one else heard her voice, no one else can attest that Nancy Cooper called BC. Brad was so busy running around looking for Nancy he couldn't/didn't answer his cell phone or call back a police officer. Brad was busy answering a myriad of questions from police and assisting in the search for Nancy he couldn't place a call to her parents. And Brad takes off his shoes at the door and possibly has some condition that makes him have to wear long sleeves, long pants, jacket zipped up to his chin and a ball cap when he goes to the store for milk at 6:30 on a July morning. And Brad was so helpful to Nancy that he stopped at Lowe's and made himself late for work to buy a drop cloth for Nancy for painting work he didn't even know about. Oh, and there was caffeine in her system.

Well, I'm just not satisfied.
Great list!! These are all the little specifics!! I think the prosecution has also shown through the various witnesses that Nancy was unhappy and had finally reached her breaking point. I guess Brad had reached his breaking point too...he just didn't talk about it.

I believe the prosecution has far more serious issues with some of its own witnesses and credibility of the investigative work done in this case than the inconsistencies with Brad's statements. In addition, I would guess that the prosecution feels that the computer evidence is most important in this case. If Brad did kill Nancy, I hope there is more substantive evidence than what I have seen so far.

I believe the prosecution has far more serious issues with some of its own witnesses and credibility of the investigative work done in this case than the inconsistencies with Brad's statements. In addition, I would guess that the prosecution feels that the computer evidence is most important in this case. If Brad did kill Nancy, I hope there is more substantive evidence than what I have seen so far.

I believe that Det. Young stated in cross that he believed there was evidence found by the FBI on the computer that proves that Brad killed Nancy. It remains to be seen but I think most of the posters here are anxiously awaiting the FBI computer forensics expert testimony. I know I am anyway.

I'm just glad the computer forensic expert if from the FBI vs SBI :thumb:

Yes, Detective Young did state that. I will feel more comfortable when I hear that from the FBI computer forensic expert rather than Detective Young who also erased the information on Nancy's cell phone. I would be surprised if it were the big smoking gun or otherwise I would have thought that Brad would have accepted the second degree murder offer that I understand the prosecution offered. I guess we will have to wait and see what the FBI expert says.

Yes, Detective Young did state that. I will feel more comfortable when I hear that from the FBI computer forensic expert rather than Detective Young who also erased the information on Nancy's cell phone. I would be surprised if it were the big smoking gun or otherwise I would have thought that Brad would have accepted the second degree murder offer that I understand the prosecution offered. I guess we will have to wait and see what the FBI expert says.

You "understand" this how?

Actually, the SBI has an excellent forensic computer division. However, the bad publicity surrounding the blood evidence reports from the 1990's and early 2000's is awfully fresh on everyone's mind. Of course, the FBI has had their share of bad publicity, maybe even more. In either case, I am glad this wasn't examined by CPD.

The realtor did say that Nancy and Brad had also gone out looking on their own. It is certainly likely and possible that they did look at lots in the area of where Nancy was found. In my mind it is too coincidental that Nancy was found surrounded by empty lots for sale when they had been looking at lots together.

Now my other thoughts. Not addressed to you only, Just The Fax!

I just do not believe in coincidences where crimes and murders are concerned. I am one of those dreaded people who believe Brad to be guilty of murder. 1st degree murder!

I do not post much here, but do read every post. I just want to add that Nancy may have just seemed not to be afraid of Brad to her friends, but put her business out there just in case Brad did wind up hurting her. Well, she is dead now.

I would like to know who took the pic of Nancy in the teal green (with black designs) dress she wore to the party the night of July 11th. It's the pic shown in court where she is holding up her middle finger. The nail has a little black spot on it. Did Brad take this pic and was it the last one of Nancy? I was listening to the testimony that day and the ADA was talking about the two cameras found in the home. One was a Hello Kitty camera. The pic was very strange. Nancy's hair was mussed, and the background of the pic was dark. Does anyone know where I can find that pic online anywhere? TIA!

Though I'm not 100% sure on this, the photo shown may have been taken on a date other than 7.11.

The erased blackeberry is weak for the defense if the jury listened carefully.
Sure, CPD screwed up, but Kurtz blew it way out of proportion, especially if you believe a van of Hispanics abducted and killed Nancy (though ridiculous, makes more sense than anyone she may have known, including JP)

The AT&T call records show exactly who she called or heard from, and when.
Even Barney Fife could track down her contacts and see who was a possible suspect.
Showing she preferred paper vs digital, Nancy kept a detailed, up to date paper address book that showed all her many contacts.

PLus - she had exactly 2 friends on FaceBook, proving she was not using this network and a cyber-stalker is a preposterous idea.

Reading the N&O article about yesterday's testimony, it kind of creeped me out reading this part about Gary the bug man:

If he was there to treat ants in the kitchen on the 1st floor, why would he have gone to the bedroom on the 2nd floor first? :waitasec:

<modsnip>.

<Modsnip>
Still, the point of his testimony was the mess in the garage 3 days before the murder.
I find him credible for that observation....note the defense didn't try to discredit him

Reading the N&O article about yesterday's testimony, it kind of creeped me out reading this part about Gary the bug man:

If he was there to treat ants in the kitchen on the 1st floor, why would he have gone to the bedroom on the 2nd floor first? :waitasec:

<modsnip>.

I am SO thankful to you all with the terrific memories. I wouldn't have known tidbits such as this and many more otherwise.

" <modsnip>Still, the point of his testimony was the mess in the garage 3 days before the murder.
I find him credible for that observation....note the defense didn't try to discredit him
Yeah, my point was only that the whole bug man thing comes across as creepy to me. You can be creepy, but credible.

I use a pest control service. They come once a quarter and spray all through the house and at that time the guy goes through the bedrooms, etc. Part of the deal is that if you keep doing the quarterly service, they will come back and retreat at no cost if you have problems. I had ants in my kitchen last summer and called them. The guy came out and treated in and around the kitchen and put out a couple of those little traps near where he suspected that they were coming in. But, he never left the first floor. I don't know why he would have and don't know why Gary did in this case, particularly before treating the ant situation.

"<modsnip> Still, the point of his testimony was the mess in the garage 3 days before the murder.

The other point in his testimony was that the house appeared to be in the same condition as he had seen for the previous few years. Showing the NC came home to Brad's mess and house wide insect infestation with maggots, worms, etc. as another embellished story told to her friends to paint him in a negative light.

Why is it BC's inconsistencies are enough to put him behind bars and other inconsistencies should be overlooked completely?

Yeah, my point was only that the whole bug man thing comes across as creepy to me. You can be creepy, but credible.

I use a pest control service. They come once a quarter and spray all through the house and at that time the guy goes through the bedrooms, etc. Part of the deal is that if you keep doing the quarterly service, they will come back and retreat at no cost if you have problems. I had ants in my kitchen last summer and called them. The guy came out and treated in and around the kitchen and put out a couple of those little traps near where he suspected that they were coming in. But, he never left the first floor. I don't know why he would have and don't know why Gary did in this case, particularly before treating the ant situation.

He treated the ants and performed the regularly quarterly service at the same time.

I think the link you posted says it all, SleuthSayer.
The dude had no business snooping around in their bedrooms to control an ant problem
Did they have bedbugs??? (you know Brad did...gag)

I think the link you posted says it all, SleuthSayer.
The dude had no business snooping around in their bedrooms to control an ant problem
Did they have bedbugs??? (you know Brad did...gag)
<modsnip>

It's also worth pointing out that the whole way that he came to know the details about who slept with who seems pretty unprofessional. Apparently that was fallout from him telling Nancy about payment collection problems with Heather. Why would he do that? I don't expect professionals that do work for me to involve me in their business problems with my friends and if they did, I would just say "that's between you and him/her".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member