BSL's Wounds and Hospital Visits

The name of his orthodontist is on that report. So I googled his name which I won't list here and his website came up as having office in Odessa. I thought it to be odd also.

Initials are RC. It specifically says orthodontist. I thought maybe he was just a dentist but his website says specifically orthodontics.

Thank you. I do see that now. I thought that was for Lisa Pate's dental records for identification purposes since it was between LSU Forensic & the lineup shown to DT. But anything is possible.

I don't know if it's been mentioned already but his orthodontist is in Odessa,TX. Must have been a pain to have to travel there for scheduled visits. Why wouldn't he have gotten that in Lafayette? I remember when I had braces a couple of years ago, I'd have to go at least every 4-6 weeks. Not related to his wounds, but I'm considering it doctor visits. Trying to stay on topic.

There is something wrong with that! BSL had an ortho adjustment in Lafayette very shortly before his last offshore hitch.

A family member was doing her clinicals there at the time of BSL's arrest and the staff was talking about him.....they liked him, couldn't believe he was implicated in Mickey's disappearance.

Thank you. I do see that now. I thought that was for Lisa Pate's dental records for identification purposes since it was between LSU Forensic & the lineup shown to DT. But anything is possible.

So maybe that was LP's dental records? Anything is possible. I'd LOVE to see all the reports that are listed in the discovery 24 page thingy. BSL's braces were only touched on vaguely. No one really knew if he recently got them, or maybe (like me), he needed them twice in life. They aren't always just for straightening teeth. In my case I had jaw issues and a deep bite but teeth were straight. I wonder if RC was a dentist in the 90's and maybe he did the additional certification to become an orthodontist in the last 10 years. Its quite common for dentists to do that.

There is something wrong with that! BSL had an ortho adjustment in Lafayette very shortly before his last offshore hitch.

A family member was doing her clinicals there at the time of BSL's arrest and the staff was talking about him.....they liked him, couldn't believe he was implicated in Mickey's disappearance.

I also know that if you have braces and you're out of town for whatever reason and have an emergency, like a bracket coming off or wire poking, many orthodontists will help you since you're not home and its an emergency type situation. My Lafayette orthodontist would commonly see non patients.

I also have heard the same from someone else who works in the office of the orthodonist in Lafayette. The info about the orthodontist in TX will need some follow up IMO, as I've heard as well that LE believes he was in that area as well.

I also know that if you have braces and you're out of town for whatever reason and have an emergency, like a bracket coming off or wire poking, many orthodontists will help you since you're not home and its an emergency type situation. My Lafayette orthodontist would commonly see non patients.

No, they said he was a patient of theirs, in for a routine procedure.....tightening, if I recall.

I also have heard the same from someone else who works in the office of the orthodonist in Lafayette. The info about the orthodontist in TX will need some follow up IMO, as I've heard as well that LE believes he was in that area as well.

LE believes he was in Odessa? When?

That's a very good point! I can't find the "RC' you mention though, is it listed under search warrants or permission to search forms?

No, they said he was a patient of theirs, in for a routine procedure.....tightening, if I recall.

LE believes he was in Odessa? When?

I'm thinking the previous poster meant BL was in Odessa and saw an orthodontist there for a emergency visit. I have heard from an acquaintance that works around LE that they had tracked his movements in that area. The mention of a possible orthodontist visit in the same area just kind of resonated with me.

That's a very good point! I can't find the "RC' you mention though, is it listed under search warrants or permission to search forms?

Page 16. Volume 1, letter "E"

http://www.theadvertiser.com/assets/pdf/DG19295683.PDF

Edited to reflect this appears to be in relation to LP. But does that mean he had braces in 1999 and now for a second time in 2012? I don't know. I'm just saying I went through braces twice in life and maybe Dr "RC" was a dentist in 1999 that BSL saw and upgraded from dentist to orthodontist in last 10 or so years. Could be LP's dentist/orthodontist also, if its in relation to the case from 1999. I know its been widely discussed that BSL's orthodontist is in Lafayette, but maybe Dr "RC" saw him in Odessa if he needed treatment for his braces and it couldn't wait until he got back to Lafayette to see his own orthodontist.

It was me, although I never said to trust me. It is our BSL, and again, I am 100% sure. :)

ETA: It has also been confirmed by a second source.

Thanks I must have remembered wrong then. Sorry!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Txlams are we on the right track with the doctor visit being an orthodontist? Didn't you say specifically it was a hospital visit?

Txlams are we on the right track with the doctor visit being an orthodontist? Didn't you say specifically it was a hospital visit?

I am unaware of an orthodontist visit, especially in Odessa, Tx. West Texas is really far away. I find it weird. I'm not saying he didn't go, I just haven't heard of it. Specifically for me, yes, he did visit a hospital in Texas.

I am unaware of an orthodontist visit, especially in Odessa, Tx. West Texas is really far away. I find it weird. I'm not saying he didn't go, I just haven't heard of it. Specifically for me, yes, he did visit a hospital in Texas.

Do you see the initials of the hospital in the report?

Page 16. Volume 1, letter "E"

http://www.theadvertiser.com/assets/pdf/DG19295683.PDF

Edited to reflect this appears to be in relation to LP. But does that mean he had braces in 1999 and now for a second time in 2012? I don't know. I'm just saying I went through braces twice in life and maybe Dr "RC" was a dentist in 1999 that BSL saw and upgraded from dentist to orthodontist in last 10 or so years. Could be LP's dentist/orthodontist also, if its in relation to the case from 1999. I know its been widely discussed that BSL's orthodontist is in Lafayette, but maybe Dr "RC" saw him in Odessa if he needed treatment for his braces and it couldn't wait until he got back to Lafayette to see his own orthodontist.

http://www.medschool.lsuhsc.edu/pathology/faculty_detail.aspx?name=carr_ronald
Could it be this Dr. Ronald Carr? Specialty of Forensic odontology listed, based in NOLA, affiliated with LSU, etc. That seems possible to me since it's listed with the Lisa Pate records and she was (according to published reports) ID'd by LSU Anthropology dept. using dental records. Also the Odessa orthodontist's site states he's practiced in Odessa since 1994 and before that was in Dallas from 1988 when he graduated to 1994, so I'm not seeing where it'd be likely BL was ever a patient of his.

I cant imagine that they would, but could LE have talked to someone at the hospital in Texas "off the record" and never filed a report? I would find that difficult to believe, bc I dont think they would be able to use anything they learned in his trial, but I am perplexed as to why there is no record of it, if he actually went there...and I am not doubting that he may have. Could he have wised up by then and used a fake ID when being seen? But even then, LE seems to know he was there and there is seemingly no report.

http://www.medschool.lsuhsc.edu/pathology/faculty_detail.aspx?name=carr_ronald
Could it be this Dr. Ronald Carr? Specialty of Forensic odontology listed, based in NOLA, affiliated with LSU, etc. That seems possible to me since it's listed with the Lisa Pate records and she was (according to published reports) ID'd by LSU Anthropology dept. using dental records. Also the Odessa orthodontist's site states he's practiced in Odessa since 1994 and before that was in Dallas from 1988 when he graduated to 1994, so I'm not seeing where it'd be likely BL was ever a patient of his.

This is probably correct. I was just reaching based on a google search of the name of "RC". Odd that there are 2 "RC's" same exact name who deal with odontics. Maybe father and son?

I cant imagine that they would, but could LE have talked to someone at the hospital in Texas "off the record" and never filed a report? I would find that difficult to believe, bc I dont think they would be able to use anything they learned in his trial, but I am perplexed as to why there is no record of it, if he actually went there...and I am not doubting that he may have. Could he have wised up by then and used a fake ID when being seen? But even then, LE seems to know he was there and there is seemingly no report.

I believe the investigation is still ongoing -- the document released seems really a kind of preliminary one, and I believe it can be added to. Maybe, if there is a Texas hospital link, they are still working on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back