BSL's Wounds and Hospital Visits

I'm not caught up yet, but I have found a John R Young Chevrolet in Eunice, La. Don't know if it's relevant, maybe where BSL bought his last truck?

I'm not caught up yet, but I have found a John R Young Chevrolet in Eunice, La. Don't know if it's relevant, maybe where BSL bought his last truck?

That's over in the "Tracking BSL vehicles" subthread. This one is just for his hospital visits/doctor visits/wounds. Its tough to keep it separated and posts in different places, I know! I'm trying really hard to make sure I am sticking to topics. Growing pains

http://www.medschool.lsuhsc.edu/pathology/faculty_detail.aspx?name=carr_ronald
Could it be this Dr. Ronald Carr? Specialty of Forensic odontology listed, based in NOLA, affiliated with LSU, etc. That seems possible to me since it's listed with the Lisa Pate records and she was (according to published reports) ID'd by LSU Anthropology dept. using dental records. Also the Odessa orthodontist's site states he's practiced in Odessa since 1994 and before that was in Dallas from 1988 when he graduated to 1994, so I'm not seeing where it'd be likely BL was ever a patient of his.
This explanation makes the most sense, imo. LP was ID'd through her dental records, and Dr RC was probably the doctor who did the comparison.

Forensic dentistry or forensic odontology is the proper handling, examination and evaluation of dental evidence, which will be then presented in the interest of justice. The evidence that may be derived from teeth, is the age (in children) and identification of the person to whom the teeth belong. This is done using dental records including radiographs, ante-mortem (prior to death) and post-mortem photographs and DNA

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forensic_dentistry"]Forensic dentistry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Now what I'd like to know is why was a warrant issued for BSL's orthodontic records?

He was seen at Ochsner Medical Center on Jefferson Hwy in Jefferson, LA. I do agree Ochsner is out of the way if he were driving around downtown. No matter which route he used to get to Ochsner from downtown, he would have passed other hospitals along the way.

http://klfy.images.worldnow.com/images/incoming/JPSOCrimeReport.pdf

Agreed. Although that Ochsner location is probably less than 3 miles from the N.O./Jeff line, even if he was driving in the Claiborne/Carrollton area, the big blue "H" signs (signifying hospital) seem to direct to Baptist Hospital in N.O. Why he would ignore that to do down Jefferson Hwy is beyond me.

Agreed. Although that Ochsner location is probably less than 3 miles from the N.O./Jeff line, even if he was driving in the Claiborne/Carrollton area, the big blue "H" signs (signifying hospital) seem to direct to Baptist Hospital in N.O. Why he would ignore that to do down Jefferson Hwy is beyond me.

Exactly!

Ochsner on Jefferson Hwy is less than a mile from the parish line, btw. Doesn't change your point though.

I know many patients travel to Ochsner from other areas of Louisiana because it offers a higher level of care. I have a hunch BSL was familiar with Ochsner because a relative had been treated there. JMO

Bsl was supposed to take his dad home from the hospital on may 20. He tells his family he was mugged in NO that day,in the afternoon. I am sure his family wondered why he would be in NO the day he was supposed to pick up his dad.
Could picking his dad up been a stressor?

IMO, just more proof that the whole "mugging" story was fiction. He is, IMO, familiar with this area. He probably came close to here every time he went offshore.

Bsl was supposed to take his dad home from the hospital on may 20. He tells his family he was mugged in NO that day,in the afternoon. I am sure his family wondered why he would be in NO the day he was supposed to pick up his dad.

IIRC, the report written by deputy, JPSO, was dated May 19. The DA document has this wrong (unless the deputy didn't file report until May 20, because it was so late). He was in NO on May 19.

IIRC, the report written by deputy, JPSO, was dated May 19. The DA document has this wrong (unless the deputy didn't file report until May 20, because it was so late). He was in NO on May 19.

You are right, it was the 19th. The 19th is also the day he was supposed to pick up his dad.

Exactly!

Ochsner on Jefferson Hwy is less than a mile from the parish line, btw. Doesn't change your point though.

I know many patients travel to Ochsner from other areas of Louisiana because it offers a higher level of care. I have a hunch BSL was familiar with Ochsner because a relative had been treated there. JMO

bbm: Or maybe even he himself had been, at some point.

maybe they found a piece of tooth that wasn't either of the girls?! Or maybe he chewed on a license or some other belonging of LP or MS?!

That's over in the "Tracking BSL vehicles" subthread. This one is just for his hospital visits/doctor visits/wounds. Its tough to keep it separated and posts in different places, I know! I'm trying really hard to make sure I am sticking to topics. Growing pains

ooops I goofed. Thanks whatsthatnoise.

/You know I can't stay away from trucks.

Ok I'm trying to learn about sleuthing as I go along and read, and I'm way behind all of ya'lls level.

The orthodontists records concern me some. I can't think of any reason other than a bite mark. Now on who or what? Lisa Pates body was badly decomposed so no bitemark there right? Mickey has not been found so that leaves possible other victims that had bite marks before they decomposed. Or it leaves the gruesome thought that parts have been found with bite marks. It wasn't accepted too well when I mentioned it back in the general discussion thread and thats no problem. Its just I can't see any other reasons for getting those records other than bite marks found somewhere. JMO

Ok I'm trying to learn about sleuthing as I go along and read, and I'm way behind all of ya'lls level.

The orthodontists records concern me some. I can't think of any reason other than a bite mark. Now on who or what? Lisa Pates body was badly decomposed so no bitemark there right? Mickey has not been found so that leaves possible other victims that had bite marks before they decomposed. Or it leaves the gruesome thought that parts have been found with bite marks. It wasn't accepted too well when I mentioned it back in the general discussion thread and thats no problem. Its just I can't see any other reasons for getting those records other than bite marks found somewhere. JMO

As another poster said, perhaps LE found a dislodged tooth found with various DNA on it.....so no, it does not necessarily have to do with a bite per se. Teeth get kicked out during violent events.

On 7/12 Someguy posted:

About a week before she went missing, Brandon's father had some serious health problems and had to be hospitalized. He was in the hospital for a total of 2 weeks and she went missing about halfway through his stay. Towards the end of his hospital stay it was strange that Brandon wasn't around and when his father was being released and it was strange that he wasn't around to come pick him up from the hospital.

yes this is correct, Brandon's adoptive father was in the hospital and is alive and doing okay health wise. Brandon's parents did divorce and his mother pretty much distanced herself from our side of the family so I don't know too much about what she did after that but she did start seeing someone else, I'm not sure if they got married because why would her name still be Lavergne unless his name was Lavergne as well or she kept her name which both i guess are possible. He did pass away however about a year ago.

On 7/12 Someguy posted:

About a week before she went missing, Brandon's father had some serious health problems and had to be hospitalized. He was in the hospital for a total of 2 weeks and she went missing about halfway through his stay. Towards the end of his hospital stay it was strange that Brandon wasn't around and when his father was being released and it was strange that he wasn't around to come pick him up from the hospital.

yes this is correct, Brandon's adoptive father was in the hospital and is alive and doing okay health wise. Brandon's parents did divorce and his mother pretty much distanced herself from our side of the family so I don't know too much about what she did after that but she did start seeing someone else, I'm not sure if they got married because why would her name still be Lavergne unless his name was Lavergne as well or she kept her name which both i guess are possible. He did pass away however about a year ago.
So you are related to Brandon how?
Am I the only one who is not ready to convict him before the trial where all the evidence is heard? Sounds like he needs a change of venue from what I have read?

On another sub-thread, ginger snap mused on the idea of the 'most inconspicuous way to get to Ochsner'. Sorry, as a Luddite, I can't be birthin no links...
River road runs right into Ochsner's ER...smart girl.

ooops I goofed. Thanks whatsthatnoise.

/You know I can't stay away from trucks.

LOL. You are fine. I know that a lot of people aren't sure where to post or read now with all these subthreads. I was just trying to help and do my part. Its confusing that there are 2 subthreads related to the truck/vehicles. Most people are staying away from the DWT one though, and talking more about everything that transpired with the trucks on this thread. All these subthreads now probably are giving mods a headache with having to monitor 10+ subthreads now, vs just 1 general discussion thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back