Bug bite or ear infection?

Did Debbie actually use the words "clear" or "clearing" ?
Either way means it was over or almost over and therefor she was feeling much better with probably no outward signs. No outward signs means no physical description to be had.

The problem with ear infections is that if you 'ignore' them they will spread into other areas of the body. If she did not get treatment for the earaches then the baby was going to get worse and not better. Earaches do not just clear up on their own.

Either way means it was over or almost over and therefor she was feeling much better with probably no outward signs. No outward signs means no physical description to be had.

I KNOW what it means....I was just wondering if SHE said them. And she did, she said "clearing".

The problem with ear infections is that if you 'ignore' them they will spread into other areas of the body. If she did not get treatment for the earaches then the baby was going to get worse and not better. Earaches do not just clear up on their own.

Do we know DB ignored this ear infection?

MOST earchaches most definitely clear up on their own. Most earaches are not infected. Most pediatricians will no longer give antibiotics at the first sign due to antibiotic resistance. Been there, done that repeatedly.

With an earache from a cold, you or your child may have difficulty sleeping, run a fever, and have green or yellow mucus in the nose. Because colds are self-limiting, an earache with a cold usually goes away on its own. Still, if you have an earache, an ear infection may be likely, which means you might need to see your doctor for a diagnosis and proper treatment.While earaches can occur first with a cold virus, sometimes a secondary ear infection may occur. These ear infections are usually sudden in onset and extremely painful in the beginning.

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/earache-cold-ear-infection

With an earache from a cold, you or your child may have difficulty sleeping, run a fever, and have green or yellow mucus in the nose. Because colds are self-limiting, an earache with a cold usually goes away on its own. Still, if you have an earache, an ear infection may be likely, which means you might need to see your doctor for a diagnosis and proper treatment.While earaches can occur first with a cold virus, sometimes a secondary ear infection may occur. These ear infections are usually sudden in onset and extremely painful in the beginning.

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/earache-cold-ear-infection
Key words - in the beginning and usually goes away on it's own.

I think this is something I'd give the benefit of the doubt on. If Lisa was getting over a cold and ear infection, had finished her course of antibiotics (if they were needed/prescribed) and wasn't still in pain from it, then there really wasn't any reason to mention the ear infection. Saying that Lisa had a cough or remnants of a cold was sufficient, IMO.

For all we know, DB may have told LE every detail about the cold/ear infection/bug bite. Without some indication that she purposefully withheld that information for some nefarious reason, I don't understand the controversy.

MOST earchaches most definitely clear up on their own. Most earaches are not infected. Most pediatricians will no longer give antibiotics at the first sign due to antibiotic resistance. Been there, done that repeatedly.

It's true antibiotics aren't prescribed as often for ear infections as they used to be, but as I understand, they are much more likely to be prescribed for infants than for older children (maybe over a year or 2 yrs - read this a while back, but can't remember where). IMO.

We didn't even know she had an earache.
Exactly..

Unless the child is crying and tugging the ear, you don't know and if she were doing that, she has an ear infection and needs to see a doctor. If a child has an earache, they have/had or will have an infection. How did she know she had an earache?

This whole questioning about it is ludicrous because DB lies. She lies about almost everything. She exaggerates and then she will minimize when necessary, either all for attention, or to protect herself.

The entire musings about Lisa having a cold, earache and cough could be all lies. We will never know what condition the child was in but I suspect healthy. DB may have made up the 'fussiness" as an excuse of why she was placed in her bedroom for all the hours in question.

Exactly..

Unless the child is crying and tugging the ear, you don't know and if she were doing that, she has an ear infection and needs to see a doctor. If a child has an earache, they have/had or will have an infection. How did she know she had an earache?

This whole questioning about it is ludicrous because DB lies. She lies about almost everything. She exaggerates and then she will minimize when necessary, either all for attention, or to protect herself.

The entire musings about Lisa having a cold, earache and cough could be all lies. We will never know what condition the child was in but I suspect healthy. DB may have made up the 'fussiness" as an excuse of why she was placed in her bedroom for all the hours in question.

BBM I agree.

Exactly..

Or why she was medicating her....?

"But she hadn't been feeling well, she wasn't super sick or anything, she was clearing up an ear infection and a cold. And she seemed to be doing okay but, I put her down a little bit early that night because she was kind of fussy and she was rubbing her eyes and stuff, so she went to bed a little bit early but other than that she was fine."

Infections don't normally clear up on their own.

"But she hadn't been feeling well, she wasn't super sick or anything, she was clearing up an ear infection and a cold. And she seemed to be doing okay but, I put her down a little bit early that night because she was kind of fussy and she was rubbing her eyes and stuff, so she went to bed a little bit early but other than that she was fine."

Infections don't normally clear up on their own.
I know she said infection, the post I was replying to said earache.
And yes, infections DO normally clear up on their own if given the chance. Ask any pediatrician now. The ADMA is trying to convince more people to actually give them a chance to clear up on their own due to antibiotic resistance fears.
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=122267
The best treatment for many children with middle ear infections may be no treatment at all, a review of the research confirms.

I want to add to what I said earlier about not seeing the impact of not letting the public know about the ear infection. I do think I would use it to try to appeal to any humanity of the kidnapper (even though a long shot). "Please return her - she's been sick, she's had an ear infection and a cold and might need more medication." Or something along those lines.

But as for the general public (regarding an Amber Alert or such), I don't think it would really matter unless her ears were noticeably beet red and/or she were constantly tugging at them. Unless we hear it might've been something to help identify her or was intentionally withheld for some reason, I'm giving a pass on this one.

I want to add to what I said earlier about not seeing the impact of not letting the public know about the ear infection. I do think I would use it to try to appeal to any humanity of the kidnapper (even though a long shot). "Please return her - she's been sick, she's had an ear infection and a cold and might need more medication." Or something along those lines.

But as for the general public (regarding an Amber Alert or such), I don't think it would really matter unless her ears were noticeably beet red and/or she were constantly tugging at them. Unless we hear it might've been something to help identify her or was intentionally withheld for some reason, I'm giving a pass on this one.

What I know is what you are supposed to do with missing pets-if they need any sort of meds or have any medical issues/chronic conditions-put that on a "missing" poster. Saying they have medical problems and need treatment makes them less valuable and more likely to be returned. Appealing to humanity of a kidnapper might be a long shot-but DB appears to believe no one kidnaps a little child to hurt that child so presumably she wouldn't think appealing to humanity of kidnapper is a lost cause. Of course none of it doesn't prove anything.

If it were my child, I'd still mention the ear infection right away because even if it had no impact on the kidnapper it may help to galvanize the public just a little more. A missing child is bad, a SICK missing child is worse. It adds a bit more urgency to find the child as quickly as possible.

ETA: I'm not saying it's fair, just that it's been my experience that the public seems to react a little more to a missing child that is sick, injured or disabled.

If it were my child, I'd still mention the ear infection right away because even if it had no impact on the kidnapper it may help to galvanize the public just a little more. A missing child is bad, a SICK missing child is worse. It adds a bit more urgency to find the child as quickly as possible.

Ear infection or not, the public knew the baby was sick. Or are there degrees of sickness? the public would have more urgency with an ear infection vs common cold vs not sick at all? A missing baby is a missing baby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back