GUILTY CA - Angelina W, 4, tortured, drowned, Whittier, 9 Aug 2016

That article is strange , the Daughter made it home safe but the 2 year old did not , it makes it sound like they never reported anything and just sat around and waited :( is anyone good at finding reports ?

So this child has possibly been missing(?) for a year? Did the mother sell the baby to them or give her to them or what, I wonder?

Maybe the child was held for ransom? Very strange why they would try to cross the border with her body.

The young girl found dead in a duffel bag carried by a Whittier man when he crossed the border into Mexico had been drowned in Whittier, a San Diego County prosecutor said Friday.

(...) pleaded not guilty to a murder charge, and each was held in jail in lieu of $2 million bail.

Authorities said the pair knew the victim’s family but declined to give a motive for the killing.

(...) The defendants face a sentence of 25 years to life in prison if convicted.
http://www.cw6sandiego.com/couple-with-dead-toddler-in-duffel-bag-to-face-judge-for-first-time/

Okay, pure speculation on my part, but I'm gonna guess that the little girl was killed as revenge- gang/drug related, and they planned to dump her body in Mexico, perhaps even in the ocean. Kinda stupid though to think that they would pass inspection. Border patrol has always been strict there, especially when returning from Mexico and especially by car. (And in answer to an earlier poster- no, you can't change your mind once you've been flagged for inspection, that just raises alerts further). Mom is kinda acting like Casey Anthony.

:(
A toddler whose body was found inside a duffel bag carried by a California man attempting to enter Mexico drowned earlier this week at a home in Whittier and also suffered from malnutrition and dehydration, a prosecutor said Friday.

(...)

Officials believe they have identified the girl and located her parents, Mechals said. He said no missing child report had been filed about the girl.

Hartley and Becerra were not related to the girl but knew her parents, Mechals said.

The girl's parents were not identified and will not be charged with murder, but Mechals declined comment on whether they were being investigated (...)
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-border-body-20160812-snap-story.html

This is the type of case that makes me feel *rage* and heartbroken at the same time....

From one of the links above...

[FONT=&quot]CW6 News asked Deputy District Attorney Kurt Mechals if the child’s parents have any involvement and after a long pause, he replied, “not in the murder.”[/FONT]

From one of the links above...

[FONT="]CW6 News asked Deputy District Attorney Kurt Mechals if the child’s parents have any involvement and after a long pause, he replied, “not in the murder.”[/FONT]
The parents need to be charged with abandonment, neglect, child endangerment.... and they never reported their child missing?
Their just as guilty, If not more.

Why did these two attempt to take a dead body across the border? Why not dispose of it else where? Makes no sense, though I'm glad it got them busted, otherwise, this innocent child most likely would never have been reported as missing. :( just forgotten

August 12, 2016
10:53 PM EDT

Investigation Into Death Of Toddler Found In Duffel Bag At Mexican Border Centers On Whittier Motel

The night manager says she saw the couple leaving with other family members just hours before the body was discovered.

“They were all leaving – each one had their own little backpack or whatever like they were going on like they were going on a family outing or something,” said Santanello.

“They all seemed like very nice people to me,” said Alfred Castillo, “regardless of their appearance. They seemed like very good parents.”

Last night, Wait spoke to family members of a woman who believed the little girl was their granddaughter.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016...-at-mexican-border-centers-on-whittier-motel/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81
Back