GUILTY CA - Angelina W, 4, tortured, drowned, Whittier, 9 Aug 2016

August 10, 2016

Two arrested U.S.-Mexico border after body of dead toddler is found in their bag

Police reported the woman attempted to run after the body was discovered, but was caught and taken into custody. Police say it was a body of a girl who was about 2 years old.

The couple is not the girl’s parents, San Diego police told Fox 5 San Diego.

The two are believed to be U.S. citizens, residents of Whittier, California. They were sent back across to the U.S. border and placed into custody of U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials.

The couple has been identified by police as Johnny Lewis Hartley, 39, and Mercy Mary Becerra, 43, of Whittier. The two were booked into jail in San Diego and are facing first-degree murder and child cruelty.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...fter-body-dead-toddler-is-found-in-their-bag/

August 10, 2016

Couple Tried to Take Dead Toddler, in Bag, Across US-Mexico Border: SDPD

Becerra were booked into jail in San Diego and are facing counts of first-degree murder and child cruelty. They are both scheduled to appear in court Friday.

After interviewing the suspects, SDPD Homicide Unit detectives have determined that whatever happened to the girl may have occurred in Whittier. The SDPD is now working closely with detectives of the Whittier Police Department.

Valentin said Hartley and Becerra are not the toddler's parents but investigators believe they knew her and her parents prior to her death. He says that organ trafficking is not a factor in this case.

The toddler's parents live in the Whittier/Greater Los Angeles area.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ead-Toddler-Couples-Duffel-Bag-389746401.html

I honestly think this world is going stupid and insane. Everyday on the news a child has been abused, abducted, molested, kidnapped, or murdered. 😭😭

What in the world, with all the criminal history that these perps have, were they doing with someone else's baby????? I would like answers. 😡

jmo 🐮

RIP Sweet Baby Girl 🌹

Is it not an option to decide not to cross after they decided to inspect the bag? I mean, I am SO glad they got caught, but what were they thinking? That the poor little body wouldn't be detected when scanned? Thank goodness so many criminals are, well, stupid.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I cant fathom how stupid these two must be, why on earth would you want to take a body to Mexico? there has to be a reason, if not for organs what? I know I have seen news stories where they have caught people smuggling cocaine with a hollowed out baby's corpse( I know you cant unsee those words I think about it every time I see a cocaine arrest) but they were months old ? stupidity cant be it ? Really can anyone be that stupid, because I think they win the dumb award on this. Poor little baby.

Could this be Skyla Wilson? Her father kidnapped her last Thursday (in Tennessee I think) and was thought to be heading to Mexico. I can't get a link to copy on my phone right now but there's an Endangered Child Alert for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive the graphic nature of my comment but it's possible they may have used her body to smuggle drugs. My ex told me it's common practice to kill children, stuff them with drugs and have them "sleeping" in the car to avoid detection. Although I still don't understand how these people thought anyone wouldn't realize there was a dead body in their f'ing dufflebag!!

Perhaps they killed the little girl, and wanting to dispose of the body they thought they'd take off to Mexico to dump her. I still don't understand how they thought they'd get away with it. They must have been high.

Could this be Skyla Wilson? Her father kidnapped her last Thursday (in Tennessee I think) and was thought to be heading to Mexico. I can't get a link to copy on my phone right now but there's an Endangered Child Alert for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here she is: http://www.chattanoogan.com/2016/8/8/329505/Endangered-Child-Alert-Issued-For.aspx

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2016/8/10/329644/Authorities-Release-New-Information.aspx: Investigators have reason to believe Wilson, was traveling to the Mexican border in an attempt to abscond with Skyla Lashay Wilson....
The public’s assistance is needed to help locate the last vehicle he was seen driving, a 2014 KIA SOUL, which was on Friday in Calhoun, Ga., at a truck stop’s ATM.

I'm thinking he might have paid somebody else to smuggle her over the border for him, but she died (heat in the trunk of the car? Sedated and overdosed?)

The only possible explanation is they wanted to get caught or got crazy over confident. Perhaps they have done this to many times Already..

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

why In the hell did he only get 2 yr 8 mo for manslaughter?

and 3 years for felon possessing a firearm w a gang enhancement? what a joke. a friend of mine got NINE years for similar. he was on felony probation/deferred sentence for ADW (gang fight) and he and his cousin were pulled over for driving while Hispanic wearing red. there were bullets in the car. NO GUN. he got 5 years with 3 consecutive for the gang enhancement and an additional consecutive year for the probation violation. and that was his first time going to prison, this dude had been there several times. (disclaimer: not saying my friend wasn't into bad things back then, he was, he thankfully has turned himself around)

Forgive the graphic nature of my comment but it's possible they may have used her body to smuggle drugs. My ex told me it's common practice to kill children, stuff them with drugs and have them "sleeping" in the car to avoid detection. Although I still don't understand how these people thought anyone wouldn't realize there was a dead body in their f'ing dufflebag!!

Perhaps they killed the little girl, and wanting to dispose of the body they thought they'd take off to Mexico to dump her. I still don't understand how they thought they'd get away with it. They must have been high.

I already brought up the smuggling BUT you put it soooooooooo much nicer , I need to learn some tact :)

they are reallllllyyy unattractive, AND look suspect. how did they think they would be able to walk across cleanly? I don't get it

good god, the photos. Why only 2 years for manslaughter?

they are reallllllyyy unattractive, AND look suspect. how did they think they would be able to walk across cleanly? I don't get it
I suppose you could be so unintelligent you thought you would make it across or maybe so desperate. We know almost nothing about the toddler.

I cant fathom how stupid these two must be, why on earth would you want to take a body to Mexico? there has to be a reason, if not for organs what? I know I have seen news stories where they have caught people smuggling cocaine with a hollowed out baby's corpse( I know you cant unsee those words I think about it every time I see a cocaine arrest) but they were months old ? stupidity cant be it ? Really can anyone be that stupid, because I think they win the dumb award on this. Poor little baby.

PoeticJustice said:

The things some people do are terrible enough, but using children in such a way to do their dastardly deeds is just sickening. :sick:

I really hope this baby didn't suffer, but I'm not convinced considering the background of those people. I'm glad she's not suffering now, and I hope she is identified and her little body returned to caring relatives so she can receive a respectable burial.

ive been trolling online, nothing since yesterday. I want to know wth happened and who this baby is.

I suppose you could be so unintelligent you thought you would make it across or maybe so desperate. We know almost nothing about the toddler.

This is why I could never be in LE. I know I couldn't control my reaction upon finding something like this.
LE gets a bad rep by alot of people, but just imagine how tramatic a find like this must be. It's something they will never be able to shake off.

As for the miscreants arrested...well, aside from the pits of hell waiting for them, they should worry about they reception they will receive by their new "neighbors" in prison. Prisoners do have an honor code, and they don't like child murderers. So tough tatts or not, they will not be well received. They may have killed that little angel, (allegedly), but their lives are effectively over as well. I find it hard to say this, but may God have mercy on their damned souls.

I've been reading Facebook comments on this case since it came out. A lot of people seem to think that these two were told to take this child to Mexico and that they had no other choice due to gang affiliations.

I suppose that could be possible but seems unlikely.

The local San Diego news said today the child was not reported missing but hadn't located the parents. Weird.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BROTHEROFLISA
Back