GUILTY CA - AW, 16, Kernville, 11 June 2015

anyone have any insight into which state would use the same format for a license plate # (I realize there are probably several)

It doesn't fit CA unless it was a much older plate.. "88933MA"

Current CA plates are 1A23456 format

ETA: IF that is the correct plate number it doesn't jive with anything listed here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_license_plate_designs_and_serial_formats

Current CA serial plates are 1ABC1234 for vehicles, but for light trucks, what you posted is correct. There is a distinction between the two, which is one way to tell between vehicles at a glance (and if something is HINKY - ie someone switching plates between a truck vs a car).

ETA: per your wiki link, trucks were 1A12345 - but once this series exhausted it was replaced with a new series (as of 2011), 12345A1 (I was close).

Motorcycles are 12A1234.

Hope this makes sense! :)

Great work though m_brown!
:sleuth:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_California
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MA at the end of his plate is unique to the the Sept. 11th memorial plates it seems. I just thought that was so odd because you never see two letters at the end here in CA.

My whole train of thought was maybe I could google his name with another state and get something. But alas- he seems to have been in CA a while given his former girlfriend passing in '09.

Curious as to whom it is registered but now that I think about it, I don't remember having to show and ID to register my cars/trucks.

The MA at the end of his plate is unique to the the Sept. 11th memorial plates it seems. I just thought that was so odd because you never see two letters at the end here in CA.

My whole train of thought was maybe I could google his name with another state and get something. But alas- he seems to have been in CA a while given his former girlfriend passing in '09.

Curious as to whom it is registered but now that I think about it, I don't remember having to show and ID to register my cars/trucks.

RBBM
Hmmm, well, if it was purchased at a dealer, then they would have verified his ID there, right? That's what happened with the last two vehicle purchased (one was used and the last was new).

When I relocated back to CA I had to relinquish my AZ license, and I'm assuming that's how they verified my identity in order to re-issue my California Drivers License and register my truck.

I can't imagine the DMV not checking one's identity. They always scan our thumbprint too.

:thinking:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has known this girl since she was a baby. If she is with him - ewwww!! There is a reason he did not want to talk to police and is using a fake name, that is for sure. I hope they catch him and she is brought home safely.

Not saying this happened, but it's also entirely possible this license plate doesn't belong to this vehicle. I had my license plates swapped out, unbeknownst to me, in my driveway last year. I don't know exactly what the original owners of the plates were wanted for, but I do know that my plates triggered an alert and I ended up getting pulled over at gunpoint, K9 unit barking, street shut down, the whole 9 yard. I was shaking and told the cop who frisked me "I've never even gotten a parking ticket." Thankfully they decided not to cuff me or sic the dog on me but I heard them discussing it. They said that's getting more and more common. People tend to notice if their plate is completely MISSING, but it takes a lot longer for people to report a "wrong" plate because they just don't notice. So apparently more criminals are swapping out plates rather than just stealing them.

I would think LE should have at least been able to tell by now if this was a wrong plate for this vehicle, but maybe that's something they're still looking into?

Not saying this happened, but it's also entirely possible this license plate doesn't belong to this vehicle. I had my license plates swapped out, unbeknownst to me, in my driveway last year. I don't know exactly what the original owners of the plates were wanted for, but I do know that my plates triggered an alert and I ended up getting pulled over at gunpoint, K9 unit barking, street shut down, the whole 9 yard. I was shaking and told the cop who frisked me "I've never even gotten a parking ticket." Thankfully they decided not to cuff me or sic the dog on me but I heard them discussing it. They said that's getting more and more common. People tend to notice if their plate is completely MISSING, but it takes a lot longer for people to report a "wrong" plate because they just don't notice. So apparently more criminals are swapping out plates rather than just stealing them.

I would think LE should have at least been able to tell by now if this was a wrong plate for this vehicle, but maybe that's something they're still looking into?

Scary story Nikb!! My husbands plate was stolen off the back of his truck in front of our house. We think the perp took it because it had a brand new registration sticker. We ended up getting it back when the guy was pulled over for a traffic stop.

I'm so worried about A. Has anyone found anymore info on the girlfriend that died in 2009?

Is the man that she might be with a former/current father figure in her life? Or is this a potential love interest? What was their relationship when those photos were taken?

Scary story Nikb!! My husbands plate was stolen off the back of his truck in front of our house. We think the perp took it because it had a brand new registration sticker. We ended up getting it back when the guy was pulled over for a traffic stop.

I'm so worried about A. Has anyone found anymore info on the girlfriend that died in 2009?

Yeah it was about terrifying. I've never even gotten a ticket so seeing a rear-view mirror full of guns and having to throw my keys out the window then keep my hands up while walking backward was all just weird. There was a lot scary about it, but after I calmed down a big piece of it was the fact that whoever had my original plates and swapped them apparently did something bad enough to warrant that response. Ever since then it has made me wonder about the plates reported in these types of stories. I would hope this is somewhat easy to check out, but is it always? It just makes me wonder if they have the plates right, and/or how easily maybe they got swapped out later.

I haven't seen anything more about the girl from 2009. I'm getting more worried about A too. I thought she'd be back by now, maybe a little embarrassed or something but I thought she'd be home.

Who took these pictures? When were they taken?
I'm interested to know who took these pics, because that person clearly knew they were in a relationship. They should have reported it, and they also probably support the man and might have insight as to his Utah connections.

Come home A!
Both he and A are experienced in the outdoors, leading A's parents to think she may be somewhere up in the mountains.

The family just hopes she isn't being held against her will and will make it back home safely.

"I love you. I still need you for the next four years of high school. I don't know what to do without you," said her brother John.

"Please come home. Call me at least. Please come home," her father added.

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/Kernville-teen-missing-307803591.html?mobile=y

I'm interested to know who took these pics, because that person clearly knew they were in a relationship. They should have reported it, and they also probably support the man and might have insight as to his Utah connections.

I was thinking about those pics and their obvious uhm...connection(?) in them. Maybe someone HAD reported their "interactions" and maybe that is why LE wanted to speak to him...

Also one or two of those pics seem like SM/Instagram pics but I haven't been able to find anything. Mom's FB reports that he has a go-phone

Also did anyone else see it stated on FB somewhere that the family had know him "for 20 years" ? ETA: link from Labordayrn above confirms the family has known him for 20 years. If so, he has been using that name a long time. We know that he has been using it since 2009 when he is quoted as "loving boyfriend" in the obituary for his girlfriend. I wanted to add the the obit gave me the sense that she committed suicide but I have no confirmation IMO!!

Also did anyone else see it stated on FB somewhere that the family had know him "for 20 years" ? ETA: link from Labordayrn above confirms the family has known him for 20 years. If so, he has been using that name a long time. We know that he has been using it since 2009 when he is quoted as "loving boyfriend" in the obituary for his girlfriend. I wanted to add the the obit gave me the sense that she committed suicide but I have no confirmation IMO!!

Any tips on how to find that obit? I haven't seen it. TIA!

Google his name with Obit after it and its the second link. Not sure If I can post the link directly here.

Straight up, he's a pedophile. Makes me want to puke that he's been around that girl her whole life, no doubt grooming her.

I'm not positive that they knew him for 20 years. I thought that they said that he has been using this name for 20 years. Working at a horse pack group is pretty common in the Eastern Sierra and young people with horse experience do it all summer. They can be out with the trail boss and clients for week or more. I've told A's mom to get on here and I think she can help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back