CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm not posting much lately, but I do read this thread. Did I miss when the Disappeared show will be aired?

Okay, I'm not posting much lately, but I do read this thread. Did I miss when the Disappeared show will be aired?

So nice to see you, dreamweaver. I was just talking about one of your very first posts about Bob.

The first scheduled airing of Bob's show on Feb 18th was cancelled. A changed version of it was aired in Australia though. We don't have it. We have just heard it should be shown sometime in April/Spring in the US, but no exact date has been given. As soon as there is any definite date, I can let you know if you would like.

Although I suspect you won't be able to miss the fanfare, when it finally happens.

Opie, I have linked that post from SAR here for you. Many apologies that I cannot post the map itself at the moment - I have been having problems with my other computer and this tablet doesn't allow me to post google maps. For any guests who cannot follow the link down to the SAR thread, I'll post the info to allow you to call up the map yourselves.
Can any SAR people please move on from this post at this point, as I'm now about to attempt to make a map in words - and I wouldn't want you to injure yourselves laughing.

Google maps 7198 Gypsum Canyon Rd, CA. Have it in satellite view. Directly below the end of the road where the pin lands, two trails begin. They run parallel, and the trail on the right when you are looking at the map, is the thicker one. Follow them down. At a point roughly opposite Oak Canyon Drive, (which is over to the left in the suburb) the thicker right trail makes a pronounced hump, bigger than any of its other wriggles. It results in a biggish space between it and the other trail.

At that point, IN BETWEEN the thick trail and the thinner one, is a bunch of trees. Amongst this bunch, in a separate cluster nearest the left hand, thinner trail, towards the top of the space, are three trees bunched together. Zoom in because the white circle is right at the foot of them.

Direct link to the map in the SAR thread here:*Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ETA: The white circle/thing at the foot of those trees is what has been taxing my poor head for weeks now.

Any guests viewing here who might think Bob has been missing for so many years there is no urgency, or we are so established here, newbies aren't welcome....I just want to point out that Bob has a widow, now in her late 70s, desperate to know what happened to him. She had been engaged to him when she was a teenager, lost him once, and waited 60 years to find him again.

Weeks later, he was torn away from her again.

We welcome with wide open arms any new contributions here, we really do. Please consider joining us and sharing your thoughts about Bob.

I'm going to try and find that article from dreamweaver's post from 2009. I'm too impatient to wait to see if anyone has it. Heaven only knows what I'll come back with.

I plan to get some of the posts from the last thread moved over this weekend. My time here has been hit and run with weekday real life stuff.

Hope to have it all moved over tomorrow!

No problem Cubby. You must know by now, I'm the most patient person in the world.

:)

It's so nice, by the way; other people have been popping in from other threads and then taking the trouble to msg me and say what a good job we are doing here. That is so heartening for Bob.

ETA, they are msging me because I am the only one here at the moment, and those who have done so, so much for Bob are not. I'm so proud to hold the fort for a while, and I don't seem to have done anything really bad yet. Hope. Nice, nice mods.

that contracosta times archive is absolute rubbish. They don't archive wire stories and don't even provide a link where they might be found. So they are basically saying they ran no stories on Bob in 2009 and I know that isn't true because dreamweaver READ IT!!

But I'm the most patient person in the world, so it makes no odds to me.

:burn:

I've got a confession. I've paid to join two news archives, and I've lost the links to them both. I never bookmarked them because I knew I'd remember.

Only I haven't.

If there was a smiley tearing its hair out, I'd post it now.

I've got a confession. I've paid to join two news archives, and I've lost the links to them both. I never bookmarked them because I knew I'd remember.

Only I haven't.

If there was a smiley tearing its hair out, I'd post it now.

There is, lol. Here you go zwiebel

:pullhair:

: pullhair :

that contracosta times archive is absolute rubbish. They don't archive wire stories and don't even provide a link where they might be found. So they are basically saying they ran no stories on Bob in 2009 and I know that isn't true because dreamweaver READ IT!!

But I'm the most patient person in the world, so it makes no odds to me.

:burn:

Try this link to see the Contra Costa Times article from July 30, 2009. I googled "contra costa times robert harrod," saw the link, and selected "cached."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+times+robert+harrod&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Thank you very much cloudajo. I can close the 14 open windows on my computer now. Quite how I manage to make simple things so difficult, I do not know.

Opie, I have linked that post from SAR here for you. Many apologies that I cannot post the map itself at the moment - I have been having problems with my other computer and this tablet doesn't allow me to post google maps. For any guests who cannot follow the link down to the SAR thread, I'll post the info to allow you to call up the map yourselves.
Can any SAR people please move on from this post at this point, as I'm now about to attempt to make a map in words - and I wouldn't want you to injure yourselves laughing.

Google maps 7198 Gypsum Canyon Rd, CA. Have it in satellite view. Directly below the end of the road where the pin lands, two trails begin. They run parallel, and the trail on the right when you are looking at the map, is the thicker one. Follow them down. At a point roughly opposite Oak Canyon Drive, (which is over to the left in the suburb) the thicker right trail makes a pronounced hump, bigger than any of its other wriggles. It results in a biggish space between it and the other trail.

At that point, IN BETWEEN the thick trail and the thinner one, is a bunch of trees. Amongst this bunch, in a separate cluster nearest the left hand, thinner trail, towards the top of the space, are three trees bunched together. Zoom in because the white circle is right at the foot of them.

Direct link to the map in the SAR thread here:*Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ETA: The white circle/thing at the foot of those trees is what has been taxing my poor head for weeks now.

Zwie, I am not sure which specific group of trees you are referring to? The W jeep trail or the E jeep trail? There is also N access (that is unmarked) without obstruction. Sort of like a true jeep trail.

Oh sorry Oriah. I think I have mistaken a cliff edge for a trail. In fact I'm sure of it now. So in those instructions above, the thicker trail is the cliff/ravine edge. So it is the trail on the W of that, that the trees are bunched beside. I can post a map with Mr Z's computer later.

Actually, this is easier; start from Heatherwood Lane in that suburb, go straight across the map to the first trail running parallel to that ravine. There's the bunch of trees between the trail and ravine. As soon as you zoom in a bit, the white 'thing' pops out at you.

I really don't know. I don't think it can be a well as there seems to be foliage in the centre of the ring. It could be bare earth just encircling a tree, but it is such a perfect circle it looks as though it must be man-made. Why make something like that just off the trail?

No idea what that white circle is on the map! Intriguing for sure.

How big is that thing? I tried to compare using the scale provided, but would love for someone with experience to declare "that's a X foot diameter circle."

And of course someone to go get a piccie of it for us!

Laughing

Try this link to see the Contra Costa Times article from July 30, 2009. I googled "contra costa times robert harrod," saw the link, and selected "cached."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+times+robert+harrod&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

If anybody has been following my travails here and already seen the article, they'll be laughing their head off by now. Because they'll know there is no caretaker mentioned in the article.

So, that was just dreamweaver's abbreviation of JeM and JuM's role. It was still very interesting to read the article though. For a start, it mentions JuM, as well as JeM, had been helping Bob 'rearrange' things for Fontelle's arrival. It doesn't say when though, sadly. it would be interesting to know when JuM was last at the house, before Bob's disappearance.

Also, the article was written on the 30th, three days after Bob disappeared. Yet Det Loomis did not know 'where the third daughter lived'. That must mean LE still hadn't spoken to third daughter by then, surely?

How odd that there was such a delay. And how odd they didn't know. Couldn't one of the daughters they did talk to have told them? I think they are referring to RB, correct?

No idea what that white circle is on the map! Intriguing for sure.

How big is that thing? I tried to compare using the scale provided, but would love for someone with experience to declare "that's a X foot diameter circle."

And of course someone to go get a piccie of it for us!

Laughing

You found it! You've seen it too! That's such a relief; a mystery shared is.....well, still a mystery, in this case.

I haven't quite found it yet, I don't think. (?) There's a good chance I'm looking at something different from what you mean. I'm looking at what appears to be something like an ATV donut? Or a truck donut? It doesn't appear to have any depth to it, just surface disturbance. Is that correct?
Can you pull up the date on that location, zwie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther