CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
[snipped]
Also, the article was written on the 30th, three days after Bob disappeared. Yet Det Loomis did not know 'where the third daughter lived'. That must mean LE still hadn't spoken to third daughter by then, surely?

How odd that there was such a delay. And how odd they didn't know. Couldn't one of the daughters they did talk to have told them? I think they are referring to RB, correct?

Diamond Bar was an error by someone. The 3 locations were Running Springs, San Dimas (~7 miles north of Diamond Bar), and Monrovia.

I haven't quite found it yet, I don't think. (?) There's a good chance I'm looking at something different from what you mean. I'm looking at what appears to be something like an ATV donut? Or a truck donut? It doesn't appear to have any depth to it, just surface disturbance. Is that correct?
Can you pull up the date on that location, zwie?

You could be on the right thing, because it could well be just surface. It does look like a perfect, white donut or a wedding ring, writ large. I just can't zoom in enough to see exactly. Mr Z did suggest it could be bare earth from an old fire (far too precise, imo) or a cut tree trunk (far too big, imo). He thinks it is probably six or seven foot diameter. It is set just off the trail by the tree, and doesn't have any clearly distinguishable route to or from it, as far as I can see.

I can't pull up the date on this, I'm afraid. Am going to see if my other computer is out of its sulk yet.

ETA: It can't be surface. It is casting a shadow around it. So if I can see it on satellite, I'm guessing the edges of it must be a foot high?

Oriah, I don't see the white circle as a tire track -- more like a section of PVC pipe? The thing is white.

Base for something no longer there?

Clearly defined circle, color unusual to the area, I'm confident the thing was manufactured by humans.

Between the marked "jeep tail" and what appears to be a hiking trail to the right.

Best wishes,

Laughing

Diamond Bar was an error by someone. The 3 locations were Running Springs, San Dimas (~7 miles north of Diamond Bar), and Monrovia.

Ah, okay. That makes more sense, in one sense. I still can't make out how three daughters manage to be in the house on the 29th, yet the next day LE still don't know where one of them lives? What happened, did she run away? Or did LE not go to Bob's the day Mrs Harrod returned? That would seem odd to me too.

Mysteries, mysteries.

Oriah, I don't see the white circle as a tire track -- more like a section of PVC pipe? The thing is white.

Base for something no longer there?

Clearly defined circle, color unusual to the area, I'm confident the thing was manufactured by humans.

Between the marked "jeep tail" and what appears to be a hiking trail to the right.

Best wishes,

Laughing

I am sooooo looking at the wrong location!

Is it possible the 'pipe' where ya'll are looking is weather damage of a wind field? Is it possibly concrete base that was pulled out in a storm?

Sooo frustrating! I can point right at it!

It is so close to the tree, I wouldn't have thought it had orginally been very high. The tree would have got in the way. Did you try moving East from the end of the Heatherwood cul de sac? The ring is almost exactly opposite.

Ok thank you. Let me try and pull coordinates. Be back in a few.

Hi everyone!!

summer_breeze
has kindly offered to be our mod who moves posts from the various threads to here...or copies them and puts them here.

Just PM summer with links to the posts you want to include on this thread so we can continue some of the discussions we had going.

Although I am very energized by any discussion based upon Bob's possible locations. :D

:( This man looks like my grandpa.
My grandpa would never 'disappear' like Mr Harrod seems to have, because my grandpa never had any $$$$.

I HAVE seen something like that before, on a much smaller scale. On ground near a sea inlet that regularly flooded. But this one couldn't be used to collect water from the ravine because it's in the wrong place.

I don't know. I just don't know. Maybe it's for storage? Storing things a person could come by and pick up later? That's what crossed my mind, anyhow.

My grandpa would never 'disappear' like Mr Harrod seems to have, because my grandpa never had any $$$$.

Thank you for stopping by, buffetoflies. Money or no money, I am so glad your grandpa never disappeared. :hug:

Bob has several very tenacious, devoted people in his life who are refusing to give up on finding him, or at least finding some measure of justice.

Welcome buffetoflies! What a succinct first post. I love it.

Any good with maps?

I am going to start honoring your requests for moving information! In order not to mess up the thread (older date/time stamps) I must copy/paste the information, but I will post the original link.

Here's to finding Bob!

Regards

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by othervee
Another Australian here - yes, it was definitely screwed up - the soundtrack was faulty and the narration track was totally missing. There are lots of long silences beginning with the intro which should begin with the narrator saying "Bob Harrod disappeared on..." but which was just music. It did make it very hard to follow. For instance I don't think there was a mention that Jeff was Bob's son-in-law - the narrator would have told us that. All we got was the detective saying he was a family member.
I am glad it wasn't just me who found it confusing!

Okay here goes with the overview - Ill break each post where there is an ad break.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #13

Edinburg Lass:

Show starts with the usual 'bulletin board' images but no narration

Opens with Fontelle talking about how she had never forgotten Bob and quick overview of what is coming up in the episode.

Starts at Bob's house (lots of music, no narration) and Daughter P starts talking about Fontelle and Bob's relationship. Explains their background. She tried to look Fontelle up and couldn't find any info.

Cuts to a 'shot' of Fontelle and family looking Bob up. Fontelle calls Bob and they get reaquainted. She gives a background of their relationship and first engagement.

Cuts to shots of his marine paperwork (assuming narration should be here) and Fontelle talks about losing contact with him. Shows shots of a letter he wrote to her asking her to come to California. Fontelle talks about going out there. Talks about wearing a pink jacket when they first met again and his lack of hair and her lack of her real teeth.

Daughter P talks about Fontelle and what a great, honest person she seemed like. Bob seemed happy and had stopped being depressed. They were happy that he could start living again. Talks about his depression - weight loss, no appetite, would break down in tears (daughter cries during this part).

Fontelle talks about marriage proposal and marriage on 29 June.

Daughter P talks about wanting dad to be happy but to also take time to get to know the person (Fontelle). Do you really know each other etc? Minds had been made up they were going to get married.

Fontelle talks about plan to pack her things and go back to California. It was to be her home and he was getting it ready. She called him twice a day to talk while she was away and would call every night at 10pm. She tried to call Bob on Monday evening and there was no answer. She tried again 20 mins later, and still no answer.

(There's a jump in this bit where narration should obviously be - Fontelle's phone rings and she answers it - not sure of when). She explains that it's Julie and she says 'Fontelle, Daddy's missing'.

A BIG gap here of no narration.

Cuts to a screen with Monday 27 July 2009.

Someone called Fontelle and said Bob's missing. Fontelle explains she's been trying to call and there is no answer.

Daughter R comes on and says she suggested that 'they' get a key and go and look around and make sure Bob isn't in the house.

Det Corrinne Loomis - Officers went to the home and it was checked - Bob was not there. No signs of a struggle. No alarms were raised.

Fontelle talks about being confused and not knowing what to think. Too late to go visiting. She called the Placentia Police and made a missing persons report.

Det Corrinne Loomis - Detectives canvassed the neighbourhood. He didn't know anyone well enough for anyone to know anything was wrong. No close contacts who knew schedule.

Edinburg Lass:

Daughter P talks about going to see Bob once or twice a month and about how everything was hard for him. Hard to get everything organised and hard to complete paperwork. He would repeat things to her multiple times.

Daughter R talks about his fear of driving on freeways and that he would never go far from home. He liked to sit on his recliner and watch the news and read the Wall Street Journal.

Det Corrinne Loomis - where could an 81 year old go with his car still in the driveway? Checked bank records, no obvious transactions. Really a mystery.

Shots of Bob and Fontelle's media clips.

Det Corrinne Loomis - familiar with Bob before the case due to all the media coverage. Clips are shown of Bob talking about reuniting with Fontelle. He resonated with people - sweet love story. Conclusion of all the detectives that it was possible Bob thought he had moved a little too fast with Fontelle - he was getting nervous about closing the chapter with deceased wife (getting rid of posessions etc).

Searched his car and found an address of a couple in Balboa Island - 20 miles from Placentia. Thought 'this is it. Bob has gone to this couple's house'. Visited the couple and found they had been Bob's friends for 60 years. Bob had taken Fontelle to visit the couple the day before they got married. Very interesting as there is no way to get to Balboa without using the freeway. Contrary to what the family said about him never using the freeway.

Doctor's opinion was that Bob was one of the healthiest 81 year olds he had ever seen - healthy enough to make his own decisions and care for his own home.

If Bob was not back by the day Fontelle arrived, we knew we were going to have a big problem.

Edinburg Lass:

Lots of music, no narration.

Det Loomis - big red flag was when Fontelle arrived and Bob didn't show up.

Fontelle - arrived on Wed 29 July. Bombarded by media when she arrived. His shaving kit and toothbrush was right where it should have been. Didn't look like anything had happened in the house.

Cuts to black screen with Monday 27 July 2009.

9am

Det David Radomski - Bob was excited that Fontelle was arriving and he was trying to get little things fixed here and there.

JeM enters - no narration so no introduction

Det Loomis - Bob had a list for JeM of things he wanted done. Electrical, plumbing, outside. To get the house ready for Fontelle.

Det Radomski - JeM left several times - once to a convenience store and multiple times to home improvement store. Nothing specific mentioned by JeM about Bob's behaviour - JeM suggested Bob may have had an appointment he forgot to mention or he may have became ill. That was one of the things he said - but nothing stuck out to JeM as a destination that Bob had.

CL arrives. No narration. Bob had told her that he would be there and JeM would also be as he was coming to take care of a couple of things. She knocked and no answer. Looked in the mailbox which was where Bob left the key and there was nothing. She waited on a bench in front of the house. Bob was always home when she went to work there and if not, they would ALWAYS ALWAYS tell her and leave a key in the mailbox. Very rare occasion that they were not home. She told JeM right away that Bob was not answering the door. JeM questions if she was meant to be there today and she said yes. She was very concerned at that point and was afraid to go upstairs. Asks JeM to check upstairs. She thought he would take a minute to look into the room and see if Bob was there. He actually spent a few minutes and she thought he had found something. She yelled up 'Is he there?' JeM replies 'No he's not here' and came downstairs.

She went upstairs and saw the bed was unmade. Never happened before in the ten years she worked there. So out of character. (almost cries at this point). She was there for altogether three hours - during the whole time she was there she was very concerned.

Edinburg Lass:

Black screen with Friday 31 July 2009.

Shot of police station and police interviewing someone (I assume JeM).

Det Rad - JeM provided store information and his time was accounted for but there were windows of opportunity were something to go wrong. House was searched - back yard, front yard, everything. At this time he cant talk about what was/wasnt found, but yes it was searched.

Det Loomis - JeMs car was clean in regards to a crime. When JeM was accounting the activities of the day, he said that on one and possibly two occasions, he saw an SUV drive slowly down the street.

Lots of acting, no narration so not sure what's going on here.

Det Radomski - JeM saw an SUV similar to what J was driving at the time (hairdresser).

Daughter P - She was cutting our mothers hair and, I guess our fathers hair. Not that he had much to cut, but she was doing it. She became more involved in our life after our mother passed away.

Daughter R - in their intimate group of people, it was strange when someone new joined. Bob introduced hairdresser as he and his wife's barber. They were acting like it was a party and not a memorial service.

Housekeeper - he had no desire to go anywhere and no desire to be alone. He wanted someone younger as he didn't want someone to 'die on him'

Daughter P - Hairdresser was taking financial advantage of Bob. P became aware of this when she was doing his taxes. All of a sudden there were large amounts of money going out to hairdresser. P was very shocked.

Daughter R - loaning money to outside family was very uncharacteristic of Bob. Loans outside of the family were always short term and for small amounts. Any loan within the family was always documented with an interest rate. Strictly a business arrangement. Just before Xmas, after his wife had passed away, Bob loaned hairdresser $15k. One of the daughters contacted social services and they investigated. They found he was being abused by hairdresser but also found he was of sound enough mind to know what he was doing.

Det Loomis - hairdresser was looked at in the case as a person of interest. Her whereabouts on the day Bob disappeared were looked into.

Edinburg Lass:

Daughter P - the hairdresser's motive would have been to not pay back the money that she owed Bob. That's the only thing she can think of.

Det Loomis - Bob had given hairdresser gifts and tangible items. If she were to have Bob killed, she would have killed the golden goose. All the money and gifts go away.

Det Radomski - Bob was frugal and put away a lot of money. Made good investments. Possible millionaire.

Daughter P- Dad would never have described himself with the 'm' word. Modest house and clothes and was not a materialistic man.

Daughter - We found out after Dad's attorney did all the work how much Dad was worth. We had no idea up until that point that it was to the extent that it was.

Det Radomski - a lot of that is a source of animosity amongst the family (obviously missed something big with no narration here).

Daughter P - Shows a clip of a letter regarding a trust. Bob was the trustee and he would report to daughters on a regular basis. He had not done that. All he copied were bank statements and never followed through on what else he was meant to do. It upset him, it was never asking for money and they just wanted information.

Det Radomski - Bob wrote his daughters off for 6 months. They were bombarding him with money issues and he was overwhelmed after death of his wife.

Det Loomis - talking about family meeting on 26 July. Was on Bob's calendar. Meeting was to be about finances and property.

Det Radomski - the weekend before he went missing, there was a meeting at his house. Argument regarding the trust occurred.

Daughter R - Dad called meeting on July 26 to discuss the trust. There were things he was meant to do by law and he hadnt done them.

Daughter P - R was looking over the paper and wanted to know answers to certain questions. Bob couldn't answer them.

Daughter R - I had questions about things regarding the trust and Dad couldn't answer.

Daughter P - Bob got flustered and made him quick to temper. R also quick to temper. Once papers were filed, everyone settled down.

Daughter R - we were laughing and joking about the barber and about Fontelle and about Bob being a newlywed. Fontelle would arrive in a few days.

Daughter P - Everyone left on good terms. Nothing left over and everyone was fine.

Fontelle - Bob was very upset after the meeting and fight with Daughter R. Blames her for animosity within family. He told the girls as soon as she got back from Missouri, he was going to add Fontelle to his accounts.

Daughter P - the meeting that was held was not about Fontelle at all. She was not discussed that day. Bob was a private man who never shared personal matters with anyone. He never had and continued not to. That's his choice.

To do list shown (already seen in this thread).

Det Radomski - there were talks between Bob and Fontelle about getting her added to the accounts but no changes had been made.

Daughter R - I do not suspect anyone in my family. The fact he disappeared the following day is totally coincidental.

Fontelle - If I were a gold digger, I would have had my name on the dotted line before I left CA for Missouri. All I cared about was Bob.

Daughter R - straight away after Bob disappeared. we realised Fontelle was not on any of Bob's accounts. Took the info to an attorney and he advised what needed to be done to free up money to help Fontelle out.

Fontelle - three daughters arrived at the house and said that the attorney had advised them to throw 'her *advertiser censored* out on the street'.

Daughter R - we did not kick her out or ask her to leave. We were advised that we shouldn't have let her into the house but there is no way they would kick her out.

Shows family member not eligible for the reward poster.

Det Radomski - convinced this was not a random attack. Have to look at someone in Bob's inner circle to get the truth. Friends and family will protect each other. The details lie in the battle for the money. I want to explore every avenue and keep the info coming in. Several twists and wouldn't be surprised to see more.

Daughter R - we don't know if we should be angry or mourning. Someone he connected with was a big mistake. I'm not talking about his wife - Im talking about someone very dark.

Fontelle - life has been a nightmare since losing Bob. Im a tough old lady - won't be packing up and going home. She wants justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member