CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs Harrod returned to Placentia on the day of her one-month wedding anniversary.

It does seem that her return, knowing that Bob had gone missing, was an unwelcome surprise to some.

Just skimming through CA marriage annullment causes, it does seem that of the several different reasons for an annullment to be granted, most depend on a clause that the couple 'did not cohabit as man and wife'. So even if someone wasn't in full possession of their faculties at the time of marriage, (grounds for annullment) if they live with the other person as man and wife after, no dice.

<RSBM>

Shouldn't that say - if they did not live together? I've read and seen all the love and attention to Bob's case but it was over a year ago. And already confused as a new reader to the new thread. That happens a lot, though. Can anyone explain?

Welcome to this thread, KateB. I'm sure some of the other, more informed posters here will be able to answer all your questions. (I read and pray, but have very little actual input into this thread.)

Thanks Opie, I think I just misread it now and being new to the history, I didn't quite retain the essence of the compound sentence. I get lost that easy sometimes. :)

KateB, so glad to see your sharp, analytical mind turned towards this thread! Welcome!

I want to be very clear about any answer, so forgive any long pause, please?

Welcome to this thread, KateB. I'm sure some of the other, more informed posters here will be able to answer all your questions. (I read and pray, but have very little actual input into this thread.)

Opie, you are one of Bob's most loyal supporters. He is so lucky to have someone like you looking out for him. :)

Shouldn't that say - if they did not live together? I've read and seen all the love and attention to Bob's case but it was over a year ago. And already confused as a new reader to the new thread. That happens a lot, though. Can anyone explain?

I don't think so. As I read the law, if a man and woman 'cohabit as man and wife' for any period after the marriage, many of the grounds for annullment are automatically voided, including temporary/permanent incapacity etc.

It seems it is much easier to obtain an annullment if the couple haven't lived together, I think.

Have you looked at our timelines, KateB? I'd really appreciate your thoughts. Take as long as you want....they're not easy.

CA CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I don't think so. As I read the law, if a man and woman 'cohabit as man and wife' for any period after the marriage, many of the grounds for annullment are automatically voided, including temporary/permanent incapacity etc.

It seems it is much easier to obtain an annullment if the couple haven't lived together, I think.

Have you looked at our timelines, KateB? I'd really appreciate your thoughts. Take as long as you want....they're not easy.

CA CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I plan to. I've learned to read.every.word carefully, now I see I need to work on maintaining the first part of a sentence by the time I get to the end of it. Sleuthing 101.
Thanks.

Hi all...wanted to clarify something on the timeline....the timeline says the housekeeper arrive at Bob's around 3...she was waiting when SIL returned fron HD arouns 3.30. Disappeared transcript stastes the housekeeper arrived around noon.

Do we know how many HD trips SIL made and do we know for sure that abyone spoke to Bob the morning he disappesred (other than SIL and daughter?).

Very suspicious indeed. I hope that whoever harmed him is brought to justice soon...and I do think, sadly, it was someone very close to him.

That's been the million dollar question for ages, poppygirl...and welcome to Bob's thread!

Before 'Disappeared' aired, the timeline was (very approximately, as there were lots of different times) a mid afternoon trip to the hardware store for son in law, then a 3pmish arrival for the housekeeper.

It never quite added up though, but there were no direct media quotes from the housekeeper or Bob's son in law to go on. Just from LE. When the housekeeper was interviewed on Disappeared and said she arrived at 12noon, it was a surprise.

Police say son in law made more than one trip out of the home that day. There is only one receipt for 3.04pm though.

A journalist posted under one of his articles early on, that a detective told him they were regarding the 10am call to Bob as the last verifiable one. We don't know who it was from though.

ETA: All the comments under the article were eventually removed though.

Has 'Long Lost Love' been showing again, does anyone know?

Has 'Long Lost Love' been showing again, does anyone know?

I've been trying to watch the disappeared episode on youtube, but it's asking $1.99. When did they start that?

I thought the official channel had always done that? I'm not an expert though - I'm not even allowed to buy it here. :(

I thought the official channel had always done that? I'm not an expert though - I'm not even allowed to buy it here. :(
Nope. I have watched some Disappeared issues on tv, and wanted to rewatch this one. Does the money go to the ID channel,his family,or the case in general? If it's for the investigation, I wouldn't mind purchasing it. :)

Odd. I'm able to watch Lost Highway, Disappeared episode, but not Bob's.

I have no idea - don't think it will be going to the investigation or family though.

*I hope you brother's little ones have a nice Christmas Tulessa. I still think about what a lovely, thoughtful man he was, to keep the stove burning for them all night. Bless him.

I have no idea - don't think it will be going to the investigation or family though.

*I hope you brother's little ones have a nice Christmas Tulessa. I still think about what a lovely, thoughtful man he was, to keep the stove burning for them all night. Bless him.

Bless you for that. It's his case and the love and support I got here that inspired me to try and help others. I hadn't followed this case closely, but the last 2 days, I have found my way here, reading, and catching up on Bob's case. :) He has the kindest face. It's so sad. I feel it was someone he knew...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian