CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would lead the family of a missing person to not want to draw attention and remind the public their family member is still missing?

IMO, either they are responsible/know who's responsible...or are reaping some kind of benefits from the family member's disappearance.

And there is one side of the family that refuses to speak with the media, and another side of the family who has pushed for all the media attention possible for Bob. Hmmm

And there is one side of the family that refuses to speak with the media, and another side of the family who has pushed for all the media attention possible for Bob. Hmmm

No...and I know this will be messy, but perhaps this will be good. The truth will out.

As the old saying goes:

When you have nothing to hide, you hide nothing.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14193&d=1301229737

Bringing the link for the police report over.

Notice the time Fontelle was initially given of Mr. Harrod's disappearance, 11am. This would have been the time JeM supposedly last saw Mr. Harrod. This information was given to Fontalle by JuM, wife of JeM. JuM also told Fontelle that her husband saw a mysterious black Tahoe cruising Carnation Drive over a 10 minute period.

Additionally, Mr. Harrod's GS told PPD there had been fighting in the family recently and Mr. Harrod was very frustrated over the situation.

Daughter's R and P discussed the police report multiple times on another forum yet never mentioned the time last seen by JeM, or GS's statement to PPD about family fighting. Why not?

Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

Polarizing views: That’s how I see this case of Robert Harrod.

I read the daughters posts of alienation from their dad, posts of how he gave/loaned a large sum of money to a friend, posts that he was not a close and caring dad.
I read the posts that they were surprised that he married a woman he had not seen for 59 years after less than two months of phone conversation.

I read them. I get it.

I was a long time champion of the Harrod daughters.
I still am, in my own misguided way.

Here’s my dilemma:
If the daughters hate their dad, because of whatever happened in their family dynamic, then just say it, say > dad was an sob and we are not lifting a finger to help find him.<
…>if someone has information, we will post a reward, but that’s it>

Okay, all right, I get it.

But, if the daughters just had a so- so relationship with their dad,
then why not do the minimum amount to find him?
i.e., keep up with the MySpace and FB pages, create a web page for him,
organize a prayer vigil, etc, hand out posters every six months, do a media blitz on every anniversary..
or
if ongoing health concerns are an issue and working full time is an issue, and no one has energy left to DO any these things, then
hire someone,
or
ask one of the missing person’s organizations to carry the burden for them?

or
if they loved their dad unconditionally and are now baffled and bewildered…….
and believe the withholding of money or new family members could have orchestrated Robert Harrod’s disappearance,
then, again,
raise holy hell. Call the PPD two times a week, get on line and post as much as you can about dad and possible clues to his disappearance.
Make friends with the police and make amends with Fontelle and her family, work together to find the answer.

But, sadly, no.
So, is it
Payback: No family member is actively helping search for Robert Harrod.
Are there more family traumas, complex family issues?
It could explain the why no one in the Harrod family seems to care.
The old saying: payback is a *advertiser censored* directed at dad.

Or in
Robert Harrod’s family:
Is someone in the immediate family responsible for
Robert Harrod’s disappearance and IMO, possible murder?
If true, is it related to the family dynamics of the last 50 years, the last
30 years, the last 5 years?

DO NOT get me wrong. I am not saying there is a good reason
for murder.
I am not offering up excuses for any Harrod family member.

But with three smart capable women, they should be able to see why,
when the public looks at this case of a missing 81 year old man who just married again, and
whose daughters have barely lifted a finger to do anything
about it how the timeline is all over the place, guess
what conclusion comes to mind?

Do I personally think one of them killed their dad?
No.
Do I think he was murdered by someone in the family?
Yes.
Do I think there will be justice for Robert Harrod?
With God’s guidance, I hope so.

Thank You, Dreamweaver. IMO Your above comment is well thought out and presented!!

Notice the time Fontelle was initially given of Mr. Harrod's disappearance, 11am. This would have been the time JeM supposedly last saw Mr. Harrod. This information was given to Fontalle by JuM, wife of JeM. JuM also told Fontelle that her husband saw a mysterious black Tahoe cruising Carnation Drive over a 10 minute period.

Additionally, Mr. Harrod's GS told PPD there had been fighting in the family recently and Mr. Harrod was very frustrated over the situation.

Daughter's R and P discussed the police report multiple times on another forum yet never mentioned the time last seen by JeM, or GS's statement to PPD about family fighting. Why not?

Diversion. Don't look over here, look over THERE.

I just read again the "paraphrased" version of the MP Report that RB posted on IS in Aug 2010 (since removed). IMO, it was "paraphrased" to put the focus on the hairdresser.

RB also posted on IS: “I just wish Placentia PD could provide them something more accurate to chew on. The police are the only ones that have everyone's statements and could set these obsessions straight.”

Well, we have it now, don't we?

Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

Polarizing views: That&#8217;s how I see this case of Robert Harrod.

I read the daughters posts of alienation from their dad, posts of how he gave/loaned a large sum of money to a friend, posts that he was not a close and caring dad.
I read the posts that they were surprised that he married a woman he had not seen for 59 years after less than two months of phone conversation.

I read them. I get it.

I was a long time champion of the Harrod daughters.
I still am, in my own misguided way.

Here&#8217;s my dilemma:
If the daughters hate their dad, because of whatever happened in their family dynamic, then just say it, say > dad was an sob and we are not lifting a finger to help find him.<
&#8230;>if someone has information, we will post a reward, but that&#8217;s it>

Okay, all right, I get it.

But, if the daughters just had a so- so relationship with their dad,
then why not do the minimum amount to find him?
i.e., keep up with the MySpace and FB pages, create a web page for him,
organize a prayer vigil, etc, hand out posters every six months, do a media blitz on every anniversary..
or
if ongoing health concerns are an issue and working full time is an issue, and no one has energy left to DO any these things, then
hire someone,
or
ask one of the missing person&#8217;s organizations to carry the burden for them?

or
if they loved their dad unconditionally and are now baffled and bewildered&#8230;&#8230;.
and believe the withholding of money or new family members could have orchestrated Robert Harrod&#8217;s disappearance,
then, again,
raise holy hell. Call the PPD two times a week, get on line and post as much as you can about dad and possible clues to his disappearance.
Make friends with the police and make amends with Fontelle and her family, work together to find the answer.

But, sadly, no.
So, is it
Payback: No family member is actively helping search for Robert Harrod.
Are there more family traumas, complex family issues?
It could explain the why no one in the Harrod family seems to care.
The old saying: payback is a *advertiser censored* directed at dad.

Or in
Robert Harrod&#8217;s family:
Is someone in the immediate family responsible for
Robert Harrod&#8217;s disappearance and IMO, possible murder?
If true, is it related to the family dynamics of the last 50 years, the last
30 years, the last 5 years?

DO NOT get me wrong. I am not saying there is a good reason
for murder.
I am not offering up excuses for any Harrod family member.

But with three smart capable women, they should be able to see why,
when the public looks at this case of a missing 81 year old man who just married again, and
whose daughters have barely lifted a finger to do anything
about it how the timeline is all over the place, guess
what conclusion comes to mind?

Do I personally think one of them killed their dad?
No.
Do I think he was murdered by someone in the family?
Yes.
Do I think there will be justice for Robert Harrod?
With God&#8217;s guidance, I hope so.

Great post Dream'

I'll add whatever joys and whatever disappointments exist in the relationship between Bob and his daughters -
He still afforded all three of his daughters, SIL, grand son and great grandchildren opportunities they likely would not have had without Bobs assistance.

No parent is perfect, each parent makes mistakes. I'm sure Bob made his fair share.
Regardless, Bob is worthy of being found. He is worthy of having a proper burial and he is worthy of justice.
His wife, family and friends deserve the choice and opportunity to say goodbye to him.

Someone knows. Someone has answers.
It's time for anyone with knowledge of Bobs disappearance and whereabouts to decide between putting that heavy burden down now and coming forward or carrying that heavy burden for years and decades, possibly generations to come.

Mr. Harrod weighs heavily on my mind as we come close to the week of his disappearance/presumed homicide.

I wish, I really wish that someone would come forward and share something that will put it all together. I am not well versed enough in civil law to know whether there is cross over from the depositions in the civil case into the criminal case, but from what we have seen with a number of high profile cases (like ICA) depositions in civil cases can uncover details in criminal cases. So I would think that the depositions, which the family have laid themselves open to, are critical here.

Probably allowing a third party conservator might have prevented this, but again, not my area of expertise. Hypothetically, if someone's motivation was the money and control of the money is what is in play, I doubt we could expect to see the co conservators acquiece to a third party.

I rarely post my thoughts on the board using religion, but it seems so similar to Judas selling out Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. (Keeping in mind that I am not comparing Bob to Christ, just the concept.) I always thought Judas got a bad rap-someone had to sell Christ out, and in this case it was him.

At the end of the day, depending on what version you believe, Judas returned the money. That is the version I believe, and I think that this is a fair way of shedding your liability for an act of betrayal. Return the money, and walk away. ETA: I also think, at the end of the day, that Judas realized this did not absolve him of this act. I guess that is food for thought as well. What would bring this situation back into balance? Someone filling in the brush strokes I suspect. That person would be a hero of sorts. :(

It is July 21, 2011.

On July 27, 2009, Robert M Harrod went missing from his home.
At the house that day was his son in law and later on that day, the house cleaner.

He was on the phone in the morning hours.

He had recently remarried. His new wife was back in MO, packing her belongings.
His close friend neighbor had just recently moved away.

He was excited about his wife arriving back in two days.

So, what happened on July 27, 2009?
Something that caused him to never be in contact with anyone ever again.

:maddening:

Thinking about Mr. Harrod's GS, also the son of JeM and JuM. He told the police the night of July 27, 2009 that there had been family fighting. I wonder how much GS knows and/or what he suspects. What does he tell his children when they ask what happened to Great-Grandpa?

Today is Monday, July 25th. Mr. Harrod disappeared on a Monday two years ago. Mr. Harrod disappeared the day after a "heated meeting" between himself and his daughters and SIL was held at his house. The "heated meeting" was about money.

IMO, Mr. Harrod's daughters were not happy about their father's remarriage and his plans to include his new wife in his finances.

Odd that daughter R is always posting about her father's "legally documented wishes." Poor Mr. Harrod was not able to change his legally documented wishes to include Fontelle. He disappeared before he could legally carry out his wishes.

How convenient.

Notes written in Bob Harrod's hand found around the house indicate Bob Harrod intended to put his new wife's name on various accounts

http://articles.ocregister.com/2009-10-08/cities/24655660_1_corinne-loomis-evidence-water-balloon

Bob’s son-in-law JeM was the last known person to have seen Bob alive on July 27, 2009.

He is a seemingly able-bodied man who has recently been fishing with new friends, going to yard sales, and taking their dogs to the vet, according to his wife JuM.

What is JeM doing two years later to find his father-in-law and to keep up the awareness?

Bob’s son-in-law JeM was the last known person to have seen Bob alive on July 27, 2009.

He is a seemingly able-bodied man who has recently been fishing with new friends, going to yard sales, and taking their dogs to the vet, according to his wife JuM.

What is JeM doing two years later to find his father-in-law and to keep up the awareness?

Good question. Do we know if JeM cooperated fully with PPD and their investigation? Does he continue to cooperate? Has he taken a polygraph? Has he ever returned to Mr. Harrod's house to finish up those mysterious "home repairs?"

We never saw JeM on the news recounting the story of the black tahoe cruising slowly by Mr. Harrod's house on July 27, 2009. In fact, JEM and his wife JuM refused to be interviewed for a newspaper story regarding Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

Let's not forget the moving timeline involved in Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

Daughter JuM recently posted on a forum that she was dedicating a tree in her yard to her father, Mr. Harrod. JuM said it was a Coulter pine that is now half burned. JuM posted information about the tree which included the following; "Old time loggers called them “widow makers” because they killed loggers when cones fell."

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/4013?page=5233

Daughter JuM recently posted on a forum that she was dedicating a tree in her yard to her father, Mr. Harrod. JuM said it was a Coulter pine that is now half burned. JuM posted information about the tree which included the following; "Old time loggers called them &#8220;widow makers&#8221; because they killed loggers when cones fell."

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/4013?page=5233

Get out of my head Angelo-I just posted the exact same thing.

The JM's are baiting the world with this stuff....Mr Harrod's disappearance/presumed homicide did in fact make Mrs. Harrod a widow. :banghead:

Even Hollywood would pass some of this stuff up as too unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname