CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTICE OF HEARING WITH PROOF OF MAILING FILED BY BORCHER, PAULA S.; BRADY, ROBERTA D. ON 07/25/2011
07/25/2011
BORCHER, PAULA S.; BRADY, ROBERTA D. ON 07/25/2011

DECLARATION FILED BY BRADY, ROBERTA D.; BORCHER, PAULA S. ON 07/22/2011
07/22/2011
BRADY, ROBERTA D.; BORCHER, PAULA S. ON 07/22/2011

(P) MOTION TO COMPEL SCHEDULED FOR 09/01/2011 AT 01:30:00 PM IN L72 AT LAMOREAUX JUSTICE CENTER.
07/20/2011

PAYMENT RECEIVED BY FOR 68 - SUBSEQUENT PAPERS-PROBATE: MOTION, APPLICATION OR OTHER PAPER REQUIRING A HEARING AFTER THE FIRST PAPER; CERTAIN SUBSEQUENT PETITIONS, APPLICATIONS, OR OTHER OPPOSITION IN THE AMOUNT OF 40.00, TRANSACTION NUMBER 10954952 AND RECEIPT NUMBER 10778844.
07/20/2011

MOTION TO COMPEL FILED BY BRADY, ROBERTA D.; BORCHER, PAULA S. ON 07/20/2011
07/20/2011
BRADY, ROBERTA D.; BORCHER, PAULA S. ON 07/20/2011

https://ocapps.occourts.org/ProbPubv2/Home.do

It is going to be hard not to move through the day looking at the clock and thinking about each timeline moment I have to say. I am certain that today will be a terrible day for Mrs Harrod. My thoughts and prayers are with her.

July 27, 2011, that is today's date.

July 27, 2009, the last day Robert Harrod was seen alive.

NOTICE OF HEARING WITH PROOF OF MAILING FILED BY BORCHER, PAULA S.; BRADY, ROBERTA D. ON 07/25/2011
07/25/2011
BORCHER, PAULA S.; BRADY, ROBERTA D. ON 07/25/2011

DECLARATION FILED BY BRADY, ROBERTA D.; BORCHER, PAULA S. ON 07/22/2011
07/22/2011
BRADY, ROBERTA D.; BORCHER, PAULA S. ON 07/22/2011

(P) MOTION TO COMPEL SCHEDULED FOR 09/01/2011 AT 01:30:00 PM IN L72 AT LAMOREAUX JUSTICE CENTER.
07/20/2011

PAYMENT RECEIVED BY FOR 68 - SUBSEQUENT PAPERS-PROBATE: MOTION, APPLICATION OR OTHER PAPER REQUIRING A HEARING AFTER THE FIRST PAPER; CERTAIN SUBSEQUENT PETITIONS, APPLICATIONS, OR OTHER OPPOSITION IN THE AMOUNT OF 40.00, TRANSACTION NUMBER 10954952 AND RECEIPT NUMBER 10778844.
07/20/2011

MOTION TO COMPEL FILED BY BRADY, ROBERTA D.; BORCHER, PAULA S. ON 07/20/2011
07/20/2011
BRADY, ROBERTA D.; BORCHER, PAULA S. ON 07/20/2011

https://ocapps.occourts.org/ProbPubv2/Home.do

What does all this mean? Sorry to seem so unaware, but maybe a short explanation? Thanks.

The co conservators want something they feel they have not been given. (The reader's digest condensed version.)

Hard to imagine what else they think they could possibly need after receiving essentially everything, but *shrug.*

The co conservators want something they feel they have not been given.

<respectfully snipped>

Isn't that how this whole thing started?

"Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."RB

I suppose it is better not to know if you are going to be interviewed by LE or even asked to take a poly.

I may have this whole situation the wrong way around-RB may have her own suspicions regarding her sister and BIL...my understanding is that she is very sharp. Maybe this is the real reason she doesnt want to get involved in the details...or draw attention to her father's disappearance/presumed homicide. Can you imagine what a heartache and burden that would be?

If any of the family was in that position, I expect it would tear them apart to have to choose a side.

BBM I'll make it easy for them - choose BOB'S side! How do these people get up everyday, and look themselves in the mirror????

I've followed this story since it appeared in the news. Was harrassed at another forum, because this bunch wants to keep Bob's situation on the "down low".

Thank you all for being braver than I in keeping this on the radar!

<respectfully snipped>

Isn't that how this whole thing started?

"Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."RB

Isn't this ironic??? Greed. He was "disappeared" for his fortune, and on the anniversary they're picking like vultures at his estate.

Argh ... God, this case has just ripped my heart out of my chest. How can this have gone on for 2 years?

I am going to "pop the cork" the day I hear they've arrested someone for this horrible crime.

Happy to see that Mr. Harrod's case is being spotlighted on WS. He deserves it.

Mr. Harrod deserved to be with Fontelle today living his life as he pleased and spending his money as he pleased.

Unfortunately there were those that did not have respect for Mr. Harrod's wishes.

How sad.

Re-posting a link to an interview with Mr. Harrod.

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/787b9...fter-Six-Decades-Apart-Jaime-Chambers-reports

BBM I'll make it easy for them - choose BOB'S side! How do these people get up everyday, and look themselves in the mirror????

I've followed this story since it appeared in the news.

(respectfully snipped.)

Thank you so much Mary for standing up for Bob today (and I want to say 'welcome', but I think it would sound odd since you have been reading for a while). It was two years ago today that Bob was murdered by someone who was not a stranger. This happened when his son-in-law was the last to see him, purportedly to perform unscheduled and unspecified 'handyman jobs' at Bob's home. As you well know, this was the day after a heated family conversation in which Bob revealed his intentions (documented in notes found at his home) to include his new wife in his will. Bob's SiL was also surprised to find Bob's housekeeper waiting to enter and clean Bob's home. I wonder how it is that Bob didn't mention to his SiL that she would be coming?

This is a story with basically no mystery about it, short of where Bob's body was dumped. I think the fact that Bob's daughters have done nothing to publicize his case on this anniversary, despite considerable heartfelt encouragement, says a lot. But what it says is, again, no mystery.

Bob, you did not deserve this, especially as it played out. But there is also good reason to think that justice will be done. There are just a lot of 'I's to be dotted and 'T's to be crossed. Notwithstanding, we trust that there are some really superb resources dedicated to finding out what happened. And so, as depressing as this may be to mention on an anniversary, it is just a matter of time.

I just wanted to reference again some of the good work done on this case. Bob also has a thread on the Media-Links/Timeline forum:

CA CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There are also some posts in Bob's threads that have some revealing and significant attachments. I don't seem to have a link saved, so perhaps someone could offer one up? I'm afraid that the attachment is one of those things that only WS members can read, and so I beg forgiveness of the many guests who read Bob's thread but are unable to read it. At any rate, if anyone can link one of those posts, it might be a good time.

Welcome to Websleuths, MaryNo, and thank you for choosing Bob's case for your initial posts. :)

And a warm thank you to WS Admin for spotlighting Bob....

Daughter JuM, who frequently posts about various topics on her favorite community forum, did not post today about her father who went missing and was most likely murdered 2 years ago. However, today she did post a response to someone asking to recommend a person to come to the house to replace a cracked windshield.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/134/83699

I am overwhelmed by tremendous effort they have exerted to try and find out what happened to their father, especially on today of all days.

So, if you think that there was a conspiracy here, how do you suppose everyone is marking the day?

O/T I was discussing Lady MacBeth and the "out, out damned spot" speech. Wonder if anyone is finding there is a spot that just won't go away. I used to speculate on what ICA did while in the car with her deceased daughter...I used to wonder if she spoke to her, tried to explain things to her. Or if it was a kind of tell tale heart situation...but I dont think things work that way in real life. I think that people likely decide it was all a bad dream and they just try and make it go away...maybe they have a twinge now and again...but they just push it down.

Thanks Admin for featuring Bob on the front page!

Still praying for answers to Bobs disappearance!

I'm disappointed Bobs daughters, being the ones who KNOW california and have the resources via their PI, friends, associates have no interest in reaching out to the public. It speaks volumes regarding their interest to see this case solved. I'll add disappointed but not in the least bit surprised.

I'll keep praying the person who has the answers finds the courage to come forward with the truth.

Bob we have not forgotten you!

I don't know much about this case but I have to say that the daughter didn't seem very genuine in this video. VERY disturbing!!!

I do hope that this case gets solved immediately!

Yes, thanks Kimster -- I think you hit the nail on the head. Watch how Bob blows kisses to Fontelle over the phone. My own impression is that I see sincerity and affection. Then watch the later segments with Bob's daughter JuM, the wife of the last person to see Bob (...). It is unnerving to say the least.

I'm just a stranger to this case, but I keep wondering how some who were so close to Bob could continue to keep such secrets, despite the burden they must bear for it.

Family dynamics are both complicated and powerful, but they are not themselves a prison -- one can free oneself. On this anniversary of Bob's death, I would ask one of Bob's family to break the mold and do what is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member