CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably would be a huge disappointment to the co conservators if it was a contract phone and PPD had the records which clearly didnt impact their decision to clear BL.

I have no inside information regarding this, but it is a very reasonable guess given that she and her family were cleared.

The thing that made me think it might have been a contract phone is that Bob had been very generous to her; from my point of view, very understandably so. Giving him a contract phone to help his romance along would be a way to express her gratitude and love for him.

On the practical side, I'm not sure Bob would want to learn how to use a pre-paid phone. It doesn't sound like he was online, which is the easiest way to deal with a pre-paid.

If she got a contract cell phone and gave it to Bob for his use, she could have picked a contract that would minimise or eliminate overage charges.

Now I'm thinking it would really, really be nice to have whatever info could be gotten at this late date from that cell phone. There might not be much... but there's a chance it could be <cough> startling.

I posted in the PL SAR thread, but figured I'd throw it up here for discussion also. What do ya'll think about Crestline, and stops along the way if you were traveling from Placentia to Crestline? The timing works.

Oriah, you are always on top of things. You amaze me.

Yes, this is perfect!!!

Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner Websleuths.com

Have his daughters been named suspects in this case? TIA

To be more specific, except for BL and her family. :)

Apologies in advance, but I've looked and still cannot find a link to state that LE has cleared BL and her family in the disappearance of Mr. Harrod.

I believe it would help new persons to the case to see this too.

tia

~jmo~

Apologies in advance, but I've looked and still cannot find a link to state that LE has cleared BL and her family in the disappearance of Mr. Harrod.

I believe it would help new persons to the case to see this too.

tia

~jmo~

For those newer to Mr. Harrod's case, per above request:

Not only is there no MSM link indicating no one has been ruled out, there has never been a MSM correction to statements indicating LE ruled out the hair dresser.

Published: Oct. 8, 2009 Updated: 3:13 p.m.

The three daughters told police initially they suspected Bob Harrod's barber &#8211; a woman who attended their mother's funeral in 2008 &#8211; of some connection with the disappearance. Police have cleared the barber and her husband of any connection with the case.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.html

Originally published February 7, 2010 at 7:02 PM | Page modified February 7, 2010 at 9:07 PM

The younger woman with whom Bob had a friendship has a solid alibi.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2010985815_disappeared08.html

Additionally there has never been a MSM correction to the information indicating LE ruled out foul play at the hands of a stranger.

Cops: Stranger Not Responsible For Disappearance

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=67544

From this we can glean the hairdresser has been ruled out and police believe Bob met with foul play at the hands of someone he knew.

Here is the link to the post, not sure which one will work best for the links.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #9

Have his daughters been named suspects in this case? TIA

Yes.....(well POI's that is)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #7

Bumping this up again. Added a snip for those who may not be able to open the pdf of the court document.

(snip)
Even though a homicide investigation by the Placentia Police Department remains open and Jeff Michaels (son-in-law), Julie Michaels (youngest daughter), Andrew Harrod (grandson), and Petitioners Roberta Brady and Paula Borcher all remain persons of interest, Petitioners and Objector agreed to proceed through mediation before the Honorable Arnold Gold on March 25th, 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ
I believe this is a good time to bump up the public document that states clearly who the persons of interest are. IIRC, it is stated on page six of the enclosed pdf doc.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

Even though a homicide investigation by the Placentia Police Department remains open and Jeff Michaels (son-in-law), Julie Michaels (youngest daughter), Andrew Harrod (grandson), and Petitioners Roberta Brady and Paula Borcher all remain persons of interest, Petitioners and Objector agreed to proceed through mediation before the Honorable Arnold Gold on March 25th, 2010.

The above is quoted from the Memorandum of Points and Authorities crafted by the Objectioner's counsel as part of the civil case (Probate Court). It is not a declaration by LE naming Persons Of Interest (POIs) in a criminal case.

Memorandum Of Points And Authorities
A document that cites (refers to) legal authorities such as statutes and court cases, and explains how those authorities support the position advocated by the party who wrote the memorandum. Often written to support a motion.

LINK to Nolo's definition

~jmo~

The above is quoted from the Memorandum of Points and Authorities crafted by the Objectioner's counsel as part of the civil case (Probate Court). It is not a declaration by LE naming Persons Of Interest (POIs) in a criminal case.

Memorandum Of Points And Authorities
A document that cites (refers to) legal authorities such as statutes and court cases, and explains how those authorities support the position advocated by the party who wrote the memorandum. Often written to support a motion.

LINK to Nolo's definition

~jmo~

BBM in blue. The quote in question is not a statue or another court case. It would have to be based on actual information from LE themselves. I was the plaintiff in a major civil suit, and believe me, you don't hand a judge a document with erroneous information about LE in reference to a homicide investigation. If this information was not true, the daughters attorneys would have thrown a fit and taken action. AFAIK they did not. IMO, that supports the fact that they didn't have a leg to stand on to dispute that quote.

Points and Authorities Law & Legal Definition

Points and authorities in general refer to the important points that are discussed in a case and the authorities that are relied on. A memorandum of points and authorities is often filed along with a motion, and brief in support of the motion. Points and authorities explain why the law authorizes the judge to take the requested action. The term points and authorities comes from the fact that the legal discussion makes certain points followed by citations to legal authority (usually a court decision or statute) supporting each point. Basically this memorandum provides an outline of the various points or counts that plaintiff or defendant wishes to raise and the authorities for the same.

LINK

or

http://definitions.uslegal.com/p/points-and-authorities/

~jmo~

In the quote under discussion, the Point is not supported by cited Authority.

Memos of Points and Authorities are typically written in persuasive language to support the issues raised in the Motion.

btw, does anyone have the response from the other side (then Proposed Conservatee)?

Again I state the need for documents from both sides to be made available so that case followers can see the whole picture, particularly when relying on quotes from docs in a civil action.

I do not have a horse in this race but I do advocate for the missing person, Robert Harrod.

~jmo~

I've seen the same argument made for media articles. Statements in quotes direct from a source or statements made by the author based on info received from a source. A direct quote is always best, but not always available.

I can appreciate wanting to determine precisely the source of the info for the court filing. However, for me, the fact that Bob's kids aren't publicly flashing around a rebuttal to the court filing, naming them POI's, tells me that there isn't one. And going by past behavior of this group, there is no way they would let that statement stand if it were not true. And seriously, is there anyone here that believes that statement is not true?

In the quote under discussion, the Point is not supported by cited Authority.

Memos of Points and Authorities are typically written in persuasive language to support the issues raised in the Motion.

btw, does anyone have the response from the other side (then Proposed Conservatee)?

Again I state the need for documents from both sides to be made available so that case followers can see the whole picture, particularly when relying on quotes from docs in a civil action.

I do not have a horse in this race but I do advocate for the missing person, Robert Harrod.

~jmo~

We all advocate for the missing person, who is Robert Harrod. :)

Did you indicate you would be heading to OC at some point? FOIA requests for those documents are available to anyone, so dont feel you have to wait for anyone else to get the things you are looking for that will help to settle your mind.

Crickets have been chirping since the Ex Parte motion with the statements were made, as difficult as that is to reconcile. BL and her family have been cleared and to date, she is the only target of Bob's children as it relates to his disappearance. (And even then, they lost badly when they took her to court.) It defies reason.

Let's face it-the first reward they offered was more than two years after the fact. I think Cloudajo cleared up for me why they bothered-see her post above that discusses due diligence before a missing person can be declared dead. They clearly detest him and everything about him-their own words and their own lack of action pretty much speaks to that. The last person who claims to be seen with Bob hasnt been cleared and in fact has never stepped into Bob's home after he left that day. He didnt look for his FIL who disappeared on his watch. He left his wife to deal with the disappearance, the media and to apparently stay alone in a house which the daughters have referred to as a crime scene.

The thing is, whether or not they detest him and dont want him found, Bob's wife is doing everything in her power to bring him back. Whatever that means. She has been working so hard to bring him home and I am awe struck by her devotion.

I happen to think that the probate case crosses over into the criminal case-that is jmvho because it is an excellent motivation. If you take a cold hard look at this case, BL and Mrs Harrod did not and would not benefit from the disappearance of Mr. Harrod on July 27, 2009.

I posted in the PL SAR thread, but figured I'd throw it up here for discussion also. What do ya'll think about Crestline, and stops along the way if you were traveling from Placentia to Crestline? The timing works.

Oriah, any reason why you're thinking Crestline as an area of focus?

I see from the map that Crestline is about 20 min drive from Lake Arrowhead Village, which got me thinking. JuM posted on July 15, 2009 (1-1/2 weeks before Bob went missing), that she and JeM went to Lake Arrowhead Village (for their 32nd wedding anniversary) and its depressed state. So it would have been fairly fresh in his mind. It's about 2 hours, 40 min from Placentia to Crestline or Lake Arrowhead Village, and back to Placentia.
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 06:53 PM

Thanks! I just remembered I need to chill the Dom!

We went to Lake Arrowhead Village and that place is depressing, it seems as if all the businesses are shutting down and the Village has gone down hill in maintenance and aesthetics. Very sad to see. Perhaps the property management company doesn't care enough to look out their window and realize what a negative impact they are causing which in turn affects the tourist industry.

One possible route is laid out below (and linked) from Placentia to Lake Arrowhead Village to Home Depot and back to Placentia. Total estimated drive time is 2 hours, 52 min.

The Home Depot in San Bernardino would be a familiar place, as it is down the hill from home in RS. There are also several Home Depots within 10 min from Bob’s house. Just speculating - there may have been two trips to Home Depot that day relating to the “home repairs” that had to be done in Bob’s home.

A. Placentia, CA
  • Taking Route 91 to 215 to 210 to 18 to 173
  • 1 hour, 25 min to Lake Arrowhead Village
B. Lake Arrowhead Village
  • Taking 173 to 18 to 210 to 259/215
  • 34 min to Home Depot
C. Home Depot, West 21st Street, San Bernardino, CA
  • Taking 215 to 91
  • 54 min to Placentia
D. Placentia, CA

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=522+Carnation+Drive,+Placentia,+CA&daddr=Lake+Arrowhead+Village,+California+189,+Lake+Arrowhead,+CA+to:The+Home+Depot+-+San+Bernardino,+West+21st+Street,+San+Bernardino,+CA+to:522+Carnation+Drive,+Placentia,+CA&hl=en&ll=34.023925,-117.389259&spn=0.251824,0.564423&sll=34.047605,-117.53446&sspn=0.503506,1.128845&geocode=Faz3BAIdlKL5-ClrJnd2IdTcgDH6JhRFJFfhvA%3BFUihCgIdFtQD-SGp2yDH-acd7Smz9BnBzlfDgDGp2yDH-acd7Q%3BFZbXCAIdCAsC-SGyKYNR05TdLSlxF8_HqVPDgDGyKYNR05TdLQ%3BFaz3BAIdlKL5-ClrJnd2IdTcgDH6JhRFJFfhvA&t=h&mra=ls&z=12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled