CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I think the CL threw a kink into the original statements.

And how.

I've said it before and I still believe it: she had a very close call that day. Strictly in my own opinion, there was probably a moment or span of moments where the perpetrator seriously considered getting rid of her.

She may have said something so casual as "I'm going out with So-and-so later" and saved her own life.

JuM being interviewed on 7/28/2009:

[FONT=&quot]Disappeared Teaser:[/FONT]

Huh.

Agnes was at the house around noon, Jeff arrived shortly after and Jules believes her father disappeared around noon or one.

I guess the answer is none of the above? Perhaps this is another detail that JeM could have helped with if he came dth with Jules that day. I mean, he left her to guess. But obviously they had some discussion because Julie said "we." Her husband would know, of course, the exact time he last saw Bob.

Just an observation.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Harrod was last seen by his son-in-law, Jeff Michaels, around 1:30 p.m. on Monday. Harrod, a former contract manager, sent Michaels to Home Depot, but when Michaels returned, Harrod was no longer in the house, said Loomis.
"His receipt showed that he paid for his items after 3 p.m.," Loomis said

http://www.ocregister.com/news/harrod-147900-loomis-family.html

If JeM returned to find the housekeeper about noon and his time stamped home depot receipt shows he paid for his items after 3pm, where was he returning from when he found the housekeeper waiting?

If I recall correctly, the last confirmed time someone knew Bob was alive and at home was 10 am that day.

Bob's bed was not made, which was unprecedented according to the cleaning lady.

It seems like some repairs or clean up needed to be made in Bob's bathroom.

In the midwest, I'd say look in a 60 mile radius of Bob's home for Bob. I'm not sure that midwestern miles per hour transfer accurately to Placentia. Anyone in the area have a good guess as to how far one could get in one hour on a Tuesday late morning?

Another thought.... Since the grandson lived around the corner from Bob, I think it is fair to consider the possibility both he and his father were involved in Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

I don't know that we should limit the area where Mr. Harrod might be found to the driving times when JeM was not at his fil's. What if he met his son and transfered the responsibility of 'disappearing' Mr. Harrod to his son? That further expands the area's Mr. Harrod might be found, imo.

Knowing the refinancing shell game the grandson was playing with his grandfathers money, I have to consider he and his father needing to disappear Bob to prevent some kind of scam being uncovered regarding Mr. Harrod's money.

LE has said they believe money is the motive behind Mr. Harrod's disappearance. (motive sources AMW and Discovery ID Disappeared snippet).

Ugh, I had never thought of that one before. A tip of the hat to you, Cubby!

Does anyone know what make and model of vehicle AH drives? And did the cleaning lady happen to notice what JeM was driving?

Ugh, I had never thought of that one before. A tip of the hat to you, Cubby!

Does anyone know what make and model of vehicle AH drives? And did the cleaning lady happen to notice what JeM was driving?

We know JeM drives a Honda Ridgeline PU truck. Don't know what AH drives and do not know what type vehicle the cleaning lady saw in Bob's driveway. I assume if AH is involved it's possible both he and his dad JeM left Bob's home in two different vehicles at the same time prior to the cleaning lady arriving around noon.

Or if Bob was contained in something it's possible that something was transfered from JeM to AH at a location other than Bob's home.

I'd really like to know if AH had an alibi for the day his grandfather went missing.

Originally posted by Dreamweaver:

I emailed PPD detective about time of Home Depot receipt.
I got an email today.
PPD says:
The Home Depot receipt is 3:04. He went earlier to CVS pharmacy.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #1

OK, from this post, he went to CVS (before CL?) Here is a map of Placentia - Carnation Dr., with the nearest CVS Pharmacies.

http://goo.gl/maps/Z3fqP

I he was last spoken to 10:30-11:00 and last seen, 'Noon-1:00'. That doesn't leave much time. Wonder what the time is on the CVS receipt and which one it was? Just trying to get some ideas here. Where is Bob?

JMO

OK, from this post, he went to CVS (before CL?) Here is a map of Placentia - Carnation Dr., with the nearest CVS Pharmacies.

http://goo.gl/maps/Z3fqP

I he was last spoken to 10:30-11:00 and last seen, 'Noon-1:00'. That doesn't leave much time. Wonder what the time is on the CVS receipt and which one it was? Just trying to get some ideas here. Where is Bob?

JMO

LE has not confirmed the 10:30-11:00 call. The only call LE has publicly confirmed is the one from a non-family member at 10:00am.

Any calls after 10am, imo, could have been answered by someone in the home other than Bob in an attempt to create an alibi, or skew the timeline.

LE hasn't stated which home depot, or CVS. And Bob's bio family isn't talking unless it is about daddy's money.

Okay. Googleman and I have been traveling Placentia, CA (beautiful place BTW). To me, THIS seems the most obvious place to look. Has this 'junkyard' been searched?

http://goo.gl/maps/RXEqX

JMO

Bob has been gone far too long.

Okay. Googleman and I have been traveling Placentia, CA (beautiful place BTW). To me, THIS seems the most obvious place to look. Has this 'junkyard' been searched?

http://goo.gl/maps/RXEqX

JMO

Bob has been gone far too long.

I got locked up when I tried to open the link. Maybe only users with google earth can open it?

Is there an address for the above junkyard?

And FWIW, I am convinced JeM knows exactly where his father in-law is located. After all, he was the last known person to see Bob and I am convinced JeM's last sighting was not at Bob's residence on Carnation.

Where is Bob?

I got locked up when I tried to open the link. Maybe only users with google earth can open it?

Is there an address for the above junkyard?

And FWIW, I am convinced JeM knows exactly where his father in-law is located. After all, he was the last known person to see Bob and I am convinced JeM's last sighting was not at Bob's residence on Carnation.

Where is Bob?

I don't have Google Earth. Address is 320 Morse Ave.

HTH

Where is Bob?

SBM

When engaged in criminal conspiracy, the surest way to ensure silence is to make sure that each person in the know has taken part in roughly the same amount of guilty action. Ideally, each person knows too little about what the others did to make going to LE a winning proposition.

The Mafia is a perfect example: anyone on the inside got there by doing something they could go to prison for life for doing. Very few people know everything.

So it is a question in my mind as to what exactly JeM knows. Or AH. Or JuM (I can't make any of this work without her). The two (anti)conservators may have suspicions but I bet they don't know enough to give evidence worth anything to LE.

Three people, three portions of guilty action or knowledge. Very tidy.

SBM

When engaged in criminal conspiracy, the surest way to ensure silence is to make sure that each person in the know has taken part in roughly the same amount of guilty action. Ideally, each person knows too little about what the others did to make going to LE a winning proposition.

The Mafia is a perfect example: anyone on the inside got there by doing something they could go to prison for life for doing. Very few people know everything.

So it is a question in my mind as to what exactly JeM knows. Or AH. Or JuM (I can't make any of this work without her). The two (anti)conservators may have suspicions but I bet they don't know enough to give evidence worth anything to LE.

Three people, three portions of guilty action or knowledge. Very tidy.

BBM. And we have a little bit of just that in this case.

Roberta's poison pen letter.
Paula's statement she heard her dad send her bil on an errand.
Julie's arriving dth to "change the linens" and wait for her dad.
Andrew's statement at the well being check and his refinancing shell game with his grandfathers money.
And some kind of repairs done in Bob's home, alleged to be preparing the house for his bride, but imo clean up of a crime scene.

Just enough for everyone to know a little too much, and sadly, just enough for reasonable doubt if any single individual were charged. Which is why the possible mortage fraud angle can be beneficial to LE if they so choose to go that route. We all know an arrest in one area might get someone talking to make themself a deal.

And on another note, it's possible those in the know have been manipulated into fearing if they talk they go down too. Not if they come to LE and are the first to make a deal.

I have a feeling much more is about to be revealed about this case when the Discovery ID Disappeared shows this fall.

Over 3 years now, if my arithmetic is correct.

My heart is heavy for Bob and those who love him. :heart:

Andrew's statement at the well being check and his refinancing shell game with his grandfathers money.
And some kind of repairs done in Bob's home, alleged to be preparing the house for his bride, but imo clean up of a crime scene.

Just enough for everyone to know a little too much, and sadly, just enough for reasonable doubt if any single individual were charged. Which is why the possible mortage fraud angle can be beneficial to LE if they so choose to go that route. We all know an arrest in one area might get someone talking to make themself a deal.

And on another note, it's possible those in the know have been manipulated into fearing if they talk they go down too. Not if they come to LE and are the first to make a deal.

I have a feeling much more is about to be revealed about this case when the Discovery ID Disappeared shows this fall.

:goodpost:

BBM

I agree with everything you said.

The bolded part is where I think that the one or two people who are most guilty are pulling the strings of all the others.

The very best thing one of those others could do would be pay for a consultation with the best criminal defence attorney in the area. Such a consultation is protected by attorney-client privilege. The people who are less guilty would feel a great sense of relief in getting accurate information from an unbiased source as to their probable degree of culpability and the various options open to them.

Yes, it may turn out that the person who does that will find out that they will not get off completely without consequences. However peace of mind is worth a heck of a lot in the way of consequences and trading a plea bargain for testimony will provide the best protection for the person who does it first.

This isn't a plea to do right by Bob or Fontelle. This is a plea to one of the three or four people out there who have guilty knowledge to do right by his or her self. At the end of the day, having personal integrity is more important than money.

Totally agree with the last post. Unfortunately, there are those who would not/do not agree with the final sentence therein. We can only hope there are no such folks involved in this case.

Justice for Mr & Mrs Harrod.

1118 very thoughtful posts on this thread alone. Bob and Mrs Harrod are well represented here and it is my privilege to be among you.

It seems to me that's a good possibility. I am wondering just how many loans have been 'co-signed' on. Do we have the actual documentation for the name change(s)?

Also, since I am on the vehicle kick this weekend- AH's vehicles at the time-do we have the registration, insurance and ownership info for them? A simple yes or no will suffice. :)

Just a thought.

There would be no need for changing a name if that name appears on the birth certificate.

As to the anticipated next question, yes I have seen a family that had no sons to carry on the name do this exact thing.

Food for thought again.

An interesting thing happened to my father in his quest to purchase a home.

My father is one that does not believe in credit cards, ATM cards, pays all his bills in cash including utility bills, did not like the mortgage so paid that off. I think many of you may understand the type I am talking about.

The bank went to go approve him for the mortgage and I get a perplexed call from my father stating I don't have a credit score so I can't be approved. Perplexed, I phoned the bank thinking he was surely just misunderstanding what he was being told.

To my amazement he really had no credit score due to the fact he did not use credit cards, paid everything in cash, and had not had a mortgage for about 2 years through a financial institution.

Food for thought again.

An interesting thing happened to my father in his quest to purchase a home.

My father is one that does not believe in credit cards, ATM cards, pays all his bills in cash including utility bills, did not like the mortgage so paid that off. I think many of you may understand the type I am talking about.

The bank went to go approve him for the mortgage and I get a perplexed call from my father stating I don't have a credit score so I can't be approved. Perplexed, I phoned the bank thinking he was surely just misunderstanding what he was being told.

To my amazement he really had no credit score due to the fact he did not use credit cards, paid everything in cash, and had not had a mortgage for about 2 years through a financial institution.

I'm not sure where you're going with this. I'm not being snarky, I'm honestly confused.

When I went to buy my house, I ran into the same problem. I've never believed in credit cards, I don't take out loans and when I went to buy my house, I had the money saved up. By only buying what I have the money to pay for, I figure I've avoided a lot of trouble and saved the money I'd have to pay to the bank for a loan.

When I made an offer on the house, I ended up having to go to the bank to get official confirmation that yes, I had more than enough cash on tap to back up my offer.

I have no credit score and I am unlikely ever to have one. Gives me the willies to think of co-owning a house with a bank. I know a bank wouldn't cry over me if they had to foreclose and that's okay because I wouldn't cry over the bank if they go out of business. That's not a sound foundation for co-owning a house, in my humble opinion.

So I'm not sure what not having a credit score means except that such a person probably doesn't believe in loans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare