CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. What time did CL say she was at Bob's home on 7/27? She indicated the time in the Disappeared interview.

IIRC, Julie Michaels suggested in her interview on 7/28 that "we" believed that Bob left around 12 or 1PM...do I have this right? Why is it I think the moving timeline does not work in their favor given the time CL arrived?

Just wanted to let you all know that while I have nothing to add to your ideas, I am still here and following along. Hoping there is some resolution to this case eventually....for Mrs. Harrod.

Interesting. What time did CL say she was at Bob's home on 7/27? She indicated the time in the Disappeared interview.

IIRC, Julie Michaels suggested in her interview on 7/28 that "we" believed that Bob left around 12 or 1PM...do I have this right? Why is it I think the moving timeline does not work in their favor given the time CL arrived?

Yep, I think the CL threw a kink into the original statements.

One of the daughters stated that JeM saw the type of car that the hairdresser drives go by her Dad's house very slowly and then pull over on the wrong side of the street on the day of Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

We know PPD have said both the hairdresser and her husband have solid alibis.

His description of what he supposedly observed sounds like something out of a TV crime show.

There is only one reason I can think of for JeM to try and point the finger of suspicion towards the hairdresser.

Yep, I think the CL threw a kink into the original statements.

JuM being interviewed on 7/28/2009:

July 28, 2009

Reporter: “Julie says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

Julie: “My dad was gone.”
Reporter: “What time?”
Julie: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

[FONT=&quot]Disappeared Teaser:[/FONT]

Narrator: But Jeff was not the only person at Bob’s house that day. Agnes, Bob’s housekeeper of more than 10 years, arrived around Noon. Normally, she cleans Bob’s house on Tuesday, but this week she’d arranged to come on Monday.

Narrator: After about 15 minutes, Jeff drove up to the house.

Agnes: I was there all together about 3 hours
. I can honestly tell you that during the whole time I was there, I was very concerned. I kept thinking, where is he at?

Huh.

Agnes was at the house around noon, Jeff arrived shortly after and Jules believes her father disappeared around noon or one.

I guess the answer is none of the above? Perhaps this is another detail that JeM could have helped with if he came dth with Jules that day. I mean, he left her to guess. But obviously they had some discussion because Julie said "we." Her husband would know, of course, the exact time he last saw Bob.

Just an observation.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Harrod was last seen by his son-in-law, Jeff Michaels, around 1:30 p.m. on Monday. Harrod, a former contract manager, sent Michaels to Home Depot, but when Michaels returned, Harrod was no longer in the house, said Loomis.
"His receipt showed that he paid for his items after 3 p.m.," Loomis said

http://www.ocregister.com/news/harrod-147900-loomis-family.html

If JeM returned to find the housekeeper about noon and his time stamped home depot receipt shows he paid for his items after 3pm, where was he returning from when he found the housekeeper waiting?

Looks like Bob's story will be on Disappeared (Season 5). A clip of the show is posted on their website (watch video at link below). Agnes the housekeeper is interviewed and appears in clip. I did my best to transcribe the clip below.

===

Disappeared Season 5 - Sign of Trouble (Bob Harrod)

Clip (3:23) – Posted 4/26/12

(transcribed below)

Narrator: But Jeff was not the only person at Bob’s house that day. Agnes, Bob’s housekeeper of more than 10 years, arrived around Noon. Normally, she cleans Bob’s house on Tuesday, but this week she’d arranged to come on Monday.

Agnes: And he said that will be fine, I will be here, and Jeff is coming and he’s gonna to take care of a couple of things in the house before Fontelle comes. So I went to the house, knocked on the door, nobody answered, I looked in the mailbox because that’s where he normally leaves me the key, the key wasn’t there, so I sat on the bench in front of the house.

Narrator: The situation made her very uneasy. Nothing like this had ever happened before.

Agnes: Bob always was home when I went over there, or if, him and Georgia, they would always always tell me if they would not be home, and they put a key in the mailbox. But it was a very rare occasion that they were not home.

Agnes: I told him right away that, you know, that where Bob is, because he’s not answering the door. And Jeff was just asking me, “Are you supposed to be here today?” I said, “Yeah, Bob knew that I’m coming today.”

Narrator: Agnes was surprised to hear that Bob didn’t tell Jeff that she would be coming that day. As Jeff let her in the house, she began to feel that something was very wrong.

Agnes: I was really concerned at that point, I was afraid to go upstairs, I didn’t want to find anything. So I asked Jeff if he would go upstairs and see if Bob was there.

Narrator: Agnes waited at the bottom of the stairs while Jeff went up to have a look around.

Agnes: I thought he’s just going to look into the room, it takes a minute to go up, look into the room, and just see if Bob was there or not. But he actually ended up spending a couple of minutes there, so I thought maybe, you know, he find something, he find him there or something. So I yelled up, I said, “Is he there, is he ok?” And he said, ‘No, he’s not here.” And then he came back.

Narrator: Uncertain about what to do next, Agnes began cleaning, while Jeff resumed his repairs. As she worked her way around the house, she noticed something disturbing.

Agnes: When I went upstairs, I saw that in his bedroom, the bed was unmade, and never in the 10 years I worked for them, that happened before. It was just so out of character for him to not to make the bed, I just thought it was very strange.

Narrator: Deeply troubled, Agnes finished up and left, shortly after Jeff, who had also completed his work.

Agnes: I was there all together about 3 hours. I can honestly tell you that during the whole time I was there, I was very concerned. I kept thinking, where is he at?

Video Clip: http://investigation.discovery.com/videos/disappeared-sign-of-trouble.html

Red and BBM~~~~

I wonder what JeM was doing upstairs.

Looks like Bob's story will be on Disappeared (Season 5). A clip of the show is posted on their website (watch video at link below). Agnes the housekeeper is interviewed and appears in clip. I did my best to transcribe the clip below.

===

Disappeared Season 5 - Sign of Trouble (Bob Harrod)

Clip (3:23) – Posted 4/26/12

(transcribed below)

Agnes: And he said that will be fine, I will be here, and Jeff is coming and he’s gonna to take care of a couple of things in the house before Fontelle comes. So I went to the house, knocked on the door, nobody answered, I looked in the mailbox because that’s where he normally leaves me the key, the key wasn’t there, so I sat on the bench in front of the house.

Narrator: The situation made her very uneasy. Nothing like this had ever happened before.

Agnes: Bob always was home when I went over there, or if, him and Georgia, they would always always tell me if they would not be home, and they put a key in the mailbox. But it was a very rare occasion that they were not home.

Agnes: I told him right away that, you know, that where Bob is, because he’s not answering the door. And Jeff was just asking me, “Are you supposed to be here today?” I said, “Yeah, Bob knew that I’m coming today.”

Narrator: Agnes was surprised to hear that Bob didn’t tell Jeff that she would be coming that day.
As Jeff let her in the house, she began to feel that something was very wrong.

Agnes: I was really concerned at that point, I was afraid to go upstairs, I didn’t want to find anything. So I asked Jeff if he would go upstairs and see if Bob was there.

Narrator: Agnes waited at the bottom of the stairs while Jeff went up to have a look around.

Agnes: I thought he’s just going to look into the room, it takes a minute to go up, look into the room, and just see if Bob was there or not. But he actually ended up spending a couple of minutes there, so I thought maybe, you know, he find something, he find him there or something. So I yelled up, I said, “Is he there, is he ok?” And he said, ‘No, he’s not here.” And then he came back.

Narrator: Uncertain about what to do next, Agnes began cleaning, while Jeff resumed his repairs. As she worked her way around the house, she noticed something disturbing.

Agnes: When I went upstairs, I saw that in his bedroom, the bed was unmade, and never in the 10 years I worked for them, that happened before. It was just so out of character for him to not to make the bed, I just thought it was very strange.

Narrator: Deeply troubled, Agnes finished up and left, shortly after Jeff, who had also completed his work.

Agnes: I was there all together about 3 hours. I can honestly tell you that during the whole time I was there, I was very concerned. I kept thinking, where is he at?

Video Clip: http://investigation.discovery.com/videos/disappeared-sign-of-trouble.html

Red and BBM~~~~

Very telling that JeM did not know Agnes was coming that day. If he were really there to do "small projects" wouldn't Mr. Harrod have mentioned that Agnes was coming as well?

Why would JeM be asking Agnes if she were suppose to be there?

And Jeff was just asking me, “Are you supposed to be here today?”

The above question alone, tells me Jeff planned something when he believed the housekeeper was not expected.

Additionally, throughout the entire sound bite the housekeeper is expressing red flags which caused her to be alarmed based on what she saw within Bob's home.

Red and BBM~~~~

Very telling that JeM did not know Agnes was coming that day. If he were really there to do "small projects" wouldn't Mr. Harrod have mentioned that Agnes was coming as well?

Why would JeM be asking Agnes if she were suppose to be there?

Not if he was disabled prior to having the opportunity to tell them the housekeeper was expected.

Hi all. I've been reading WS for a year or so. Finally joined in May or June. Having spent 3 days reading this thread I have to thank all of you who have so dedicated to Bob. I have read many heartbreaking stories here at WS but this one just grabbed me and won't let go. The daughters are despicable and they are truly frightening. Thanks again for your tireless work.
Geo

Welcome to WS georgiasblu and thank you for your interest in Mr. Harrod's case.

:welcome:

Ditto to what Cubby said above. Welcome indeed.

I may not post here often, but read here every day, still hoping and praying for justice for Bob and Fontelle.

Hats off to all the great sleuthers here who have learned and shared so much about this case.

IMO, the 3pm home depot reciept was alibi building. It really means nothing if JeM arrived around noon to find the cleaning lady at the house and Bob already missing. (and was able to let both of them into the home.)

Bob's oldest daughters own words place JeM in Bob's home prior to his disappearance and prior to the CL arriving at noon. Question is where was JeM's am trip versus his afternoon trip to the Home Depot? Funny that morning trip has never been addressed by Bob's bio family. Nor have the secret handy man jobs. Was JeM cleaning up a crime scene he created? and is that why those handy man jobs remain a secret 3 years later?

It's just a matter of time before arrests are made and I am quite certain the time will come they are made.

I am really looking forward to Discovery ID Disappeared airing Mr. Harrod's case. Does anyone yet know when it might be airing?

Another thought.... Since the grandson lived around the corner from Bob, I think it is fair to consider the possibility both he and his father were involved in Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

I don't know that we should limit the area where Mr. Harrod might be found to the driving times when JeM was not at his fil's. What if he met his son and transfered the responsibility of 'disappearing' Mr. Harrod to his son? That further expands the area's Mr. Harrod might be found, imo.

Knowing the refinancing shell game the grandson was playing with his grandfathers money, I have to consider he and his father needing to disappear Bob to prevent some kind of scam being uncovered regarding Mr. Harrod's money.

LE has said they believe money is the motive behind Mr. Harrod's disappearance. (motive sources AMW and Discovery ID Disappeared snippet).

Cubby, the thanks button was insufficient for your last 2 posts here. Very thought-provoking. Still hoping and praying for justice for Bob and Fontelle.

Cubby, the thanks button was insufficient for your last 2 posts here. Very thought-provoking. Still hoping and praying for justice for Bob and Fontelle.

I second that!! It is most important to know where JeM was in between the "phonecall" and when he met the CL at Mr. Harrod's home.

:bump:

Bumping for Mr. Harrod. Praying for resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther