CA - Body of local doctor found in chimney flue

He was. The story is coming out in dribs and drabs. Jackie's sister was interviewed on ABC local KBAK yesterday and talked about emotional and physical abuse. That he slept with younger women; she couldn't handle it; he was jerking her around emotionally on purpose. No one has seen his face. He did a telephone interview with KGET 2 days ago. I couldn't even find his picture on his home page for his petroleum business. Google William Hoodie. See how brilliant he is.

This all happened about a mile from my house.
Bakersfield still has the feel of a small town. This event is Everyone's business. I explained the whole thing in the post that disappeared. I don't want to type it all again. Maybe can find it out there in cyberspace. It is a real downer for those of us who knew her.

I'm pretty sure the man's story checked out and neighbors saw her out in his yard with an array of supplies that would aid in her breaking into the house. I believe it is just a bizarre accident. If it was a man in the chimney, would anyone be blaming the woman in the house??

I believe it was an error in judgment on her part. She probably didn't realize she would be trapped where her lungs couldn't expand but by then it was too late and she was wedged and couldn't get out.

I absolutely do not believe this man had anything to do with it. Men and women can be obsessive stalkers and it sounds like she was determine to get into this man's home when he did not want her there.

It is a shame that she had it so together in her professional life and she was so out of control in her personal life. IMO, alcohol was a contributing factor.

IMO

He left for a trip to Europe. That's why he had a house -sitter who eventually discovered the body.

He still could have called the police. She was stuck. It wasn't like she could hurt him at that point. Fishy.:waitasec:

Amsterdam.
The home was checked several times, first by her assistant and then by police who did not find her in the chimney. Then he left for the trip to Europe (Amsterdam) which they originally planned to go on together, apparently.
"Police searched the home Friday evening, but also did not find her body or smell any bad odors, DeGeare said."
http://www.bakersfield.com/news/local/x49332680/Police-Alcohol-may-be-factor-in-doctors-death

She went into the chimney on the night of 08/25, Wednesday. He left Friday. That would supply the two days needed for the decomp to set in enough for the odor to permeate the air and fluids to seep. The article doesn't state that the police looked up the chimney on their first search and it is not typical for them to do so. The boyfriend allegedly left before she got up the chimney. Police do a cursory look at the fireplace, but generally not up the chimney. Fishy still.

He still could have called the police. She was stuck. It wasn't like she could hurt him at that point. Fishy.:waitasec:

If he left before she got stuck into the chimney, then he wouldn't know she was stuck, would he?

Amsterdam.
The home was checked several times, first by her assistant and then by police who did not find her in the chimney. Then he left for the trip to Europe (Amsterdam) which they originally planned to go on together, apparently.
"Police searched the home Friday evening, but also did not find her body or smell any bad odors, DeGeare said."
http://www.bakersfield.com/news/local/x49332680/Police-Alcohol-may-be-factor-in-doctors-death

Click on the link and read the article.

*It says he left his home Wed. night after she came to the front door. He went out the back door and spent the night elsewhere.

*Her office called him Thurs. when she didn't show for work then they reported her missing.

*Cops searched his property but no one looked in the chimney.

*Boyfriend continued preparing for trip with her, someone had to renew her passport that day, and he slept at the house Thurs. night, not knowing she was in chimney.

*Cops searched again Friday, no smell, no drips. Boyfriend went ahead on trip.

*Fish-sitter found body due to smell on Saturday.

Quite a strange turn of events, but no foul play suspected. My hubby the cop confirms he has never looked up a chimney when searching for anyone, and he is a very detail-oriented cop. (I told him he needs to tell his troops to look there from now on but he is still not quite believing a grown person could fit in a modern home chimney!:snooty:)

Estranged boyfriend of doctor found in chimney speaks of 'incredible sense of loss'

Dr. Jacquelyn Kotarac was a very intelligent, attractive woman and a gifted doctor, estranged boyfriend William Moodie said.

Moodie declined to talk about his relationship with Kotarac or what their status was as a couple when she showed up that night.

But he's tired of people saying negative things about her and said it's time to leave her alone.

"She made a horrendously bad decision and paid for it with her life," Moodie said.

More in article

He was. The story is coming out in dribs and drabs. Jackie's sister was interviewed on ABC local KBAK yesterday and talked about emotional and physical abuse. That he slept with younger women; she couldn't handle it; he was jerking her around emotionally on purpose. No one has seen his face. He did a telephone interview with KGET 2 days ago. I couldn't even find his picture on his home page for his petroleum business. Google William Hoodie. See how brilliant he is.

This all happened about a mile from my house.
Bakersfield still has the feel of a small town. This event is Everyone's business. I explained the whole thing in the post that disappeared. I don't want to type it all again. Maybe can find it out there in cyberspace. It is a real downer for those of us who knew her.

Any link to the interview on the local station? There are so many articles out there related to this story it is hard to sift through them all. TIA.

Wonder if there was a ladder or something? How did she climb up there?

Sure. I'll find a few and post them. There is one on YouTub from KBAK rerun on CNN.
Nothing in this morning's paper. Looks like this story is headed for burial.

I believe it was an error in judgment on her part. She probably didn't realize she would be trapped where her lungs couldn't expand but by then it was too late and she was wedged and couldn't get out.

I absolutely do not believe this man had anything to do with it. Men and women can be obsessive stalkers and it sounds like she was determine to get into this man's home when he did not want her there.

It is a shame that she had it so together in her professional life and she was so out of control in her personal life. IMO, alcohol was a contributing factor.

IMO

BBM

Not sure if you had seen any article where it stated that she had been drinking or not. But I did find this article that states that she was. Also a little history on the construction of the chimney.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/09/02/lovesick-doctor-suffocates-in-lovers-chimney/

The body of a prominent physician has been found wedged in her estranged boyfriend's chimney, the result of bad judgment and a broken heart.

Jacquelyn Kotarac, a 49-year old doctor from Bakersfield, Calif., had been in an on-again, off-again relationship with William Moodie. On Aug. 26 Kotorac—who had been seen drinking earlier in the evening—headed to Moodie's house to confront him about their ongoing problems. Hoping to avoid a fight, Moodie snuck out of the house. Unaware that her ex had vanished, Kotorac attempted to pry open the door using a shovel, and then climbed on the roof.

Snipped

Only 15 by 7 inches at its largest point, the chimney flue narrowed to just four inches at its base and suffocated Kotarac as she slid down.

Snipped

Well, Joe Friday, I was wrong! I do make it a point to admit it when I am wrong!

My gosh, what a very stupid thing for Dr. kotarac to have done!

I cannot imagine any person thinking they can get into a home by going down the chimney. How horribly sad that she was this desperate. I really don't believe the boyfriend has anything to do with it. He is a victim of this as well...can you imagine living there after this?

She was my doctor for ten years until a year ago. I just finished writing a long post that poofed into the air. I tried to find it but gave up. Its title was Terribly Sad. If anyone locates it, please post it.

All of Kern Country is abuzz with this shocking story. All I can think of is that she must have been severely impaired to make that fateful decision....not to mention anger and rage. There is a big story here - not a murder - but the destruction of a promising, popular doctor's life by the man she had been with most of her life. She graduated with honors in medicine from UCLA and was teaching at UCLA one night a week.

Her office workers told me long ago that they had lived together for years. I didn't know his name until now, but I knew he was a petroleum engineer.
My condolences Hallowedbe. Haven't seen you post in a long time...

I cannot imagine any person thinking they can get into a home by going down the chimney. How horribly sad that she was this desperate. I really don't believe the boyfriend has anything to do with it. He is a victim of this as well...can you imagine living there after this?

While I never heard of a woman trying to get into her boyfriend's house that way, every now and then there are reports of some burglar getting stuck while trying to get into the house.

BBM

According to this article WM said he has not and will not be staying in the house any longer and is worried about selling it due to the notoriety the case has caused.

http://www.bakersfield.com/news/loc...yfriend-of-doctor-found-in-chimney-speaks-out

Snipped

Moodie said he's been staying in hotels since returning to Bakersfield and he won't live in the house. He said he'll have it repaired -- the chimney had to be dismantled to remove the body -- but he imagines there will be some issues selling the home with the notoriety it now has.

BBM

Not sure if you had seen any article where it stated that she had been drinking or not. But I did find this article that states that she was. Also a little history on the construction of the chimney.

Jacquelyn Kotarac, a 49-year old doctor from Bakersfield, Calif., had been in an on-again, off-again relationship with William Moodie. On Aug. 26 Kotorac—who had been seen drinking earlier in the evening—headed to Moodie's house to confront him about their ongoing problems. Hoping to avoid a fight, Moodie snuck out of the house. Unaware that her ex had vanished, Kotorac attempted to pry open the door using a shovel, and then climbed on the roof.

Snipped

She had been drinking at her old hangout, Club Med. She was aware that she was drunk and called a towing service to take her and her car home. It was after she had been home for a while that she jumped back into her car and went to Moodie's house to confront him about something that had obviously thrown her into a rage. The rest is history.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu
Back