CA - Body of local doctor found in chimney flue

They interviewed William Moodie this morning. I hope I haven't missed it. If any of you see it, let me know, please.

I have a lot of experience at being drunk. Most of the parts I remember were funny or I blacked them out. The ones I can't forget , laugh off, or black out left broken bones and serious scars on me. Lemme tell ya bout the time I fell in an outhouse.

This sweet lady had some serious emotional,self -medication issues(alcohol).

I wonder what was in the house that she fixated on? Him, something that belonged to her, or just the emotional confrontation.

He probably knows or guesses and it will haunt him forever deservedly or not..

ETA: usually LE calls the tow service (on call). It never occured to me to have the car towed and ride the wrecker home. Maybe I thought I couldn't afford it. She was not stupid. Thinking outside the box while dealing with booze. Her approach to entering the house was ingenious, just not informed.

I had a friend many years ago who would have done this same thing, if the man she wanted to be with had a chimney...she was constantly breaking into his apartment after they broke up, hiding in closets and under the bed, to see if he brought a woman home...

All things considered, if she was drunk and drove over there...it is just as well she did not injure or kill someone else on the way...

This is just the most tragic story...

I do wonder about the ppl in her personal support group, like girlfriends or sisters, if there were any throughout the years of this difficult relationship who lent their encouragement and advice. Did she think to call-out to them that night? Probably not, and for a variety of reasons I can only imagine.

Apparently after taking appropriate measures, she had arrived home safely. But then she sat & stewed all alone and finally made a certain and fateful decision to drive over to his house for further confro. I don't think the chimney entrance was in her mind, but rather an instant thought when she saw the ladder, and after she thought better about what noise/destruction the shovel might cause.

I suspect that she drank more after she got home from the club and got all worked-up on her own, sans anyone else's help/intervention. She was fixated on the man and whatever was going-on with the 2 of them. She was determined to solve it that very night.

IMO, alcohol was a major contributor to her poor judgment, if not the sole cause.

Condolences to her family & friends...RIP

This is just the most tragic story...

I do wonder about the ppl in her personal support group, like girlfriends or sisters, if there were any throughout the years of this difficult relationship who lent their encouragement and advice. Did she think to call-out to them that night? Probably not, and for a variety of reasons I can only imagine.

Apparently after taking appropriate measures, she had arrived home safely. But then she sat & stewed all alone and finally made a certain and fateful decision to drive over to his house for further confro. I don't think the chimney entrance was in her mind, but rather an instant thought when she saw the ladder, and after she thought better about what noise/destruction the shovel might cause.

I suspect that she drank more after she got home from the club and got all worked-up on her own, sans anyone else's help/intervention. She was fixated on the man and whatever was going-on with the 2 of them. She was determined to solve it that very night.

IMO, alcohol was a major contributor to her poor judgment, if not the sole cause.

Condolences to her family & friends...RIP

You are so on it !! Don't tell, I'll bet you know about "stewing all alone". And it realy suks when no one calls or seems to care.

Reminds me of me..'til I got over it. Guess she didn't.

It is sad that an accomplished, intelligent woman will be remembered for the crazy way she died, due to an alcohol-fueled impulse...

He may not have wanted to damage her reputation by reporting her as trying to break in because that would result in legal charges against her. Maybe he knew she was obsessed, but didn't have any reason to believe she'd do something outrageous like try to burn his house down---or climb down the chimney...
I agree. If he had called the police as she was trying to get into the house they probably would have arrested her. Especially if she was intoxicated. Which would have resulted in a lot of embarrassment for her and even potential legal charges. Who is going to think she would try and get into his home through a chimney?

I'm rather confused that they had planned to go on this trip together, yet he wasn't talking to her and sneaked away as she tried to break into his house. Doesn't sound like they were at the point of being ready to go on an amicable trip together! I wonder if this trip were planned far in advance and then they went on the rocks. ??? I'm just confused how a doctor wouldn't have some inkling of the physical damage to the body that could be caused by a slide down the chimney, even if she didn't have a way of knowing that it would be so narrow.

I'm rather confused that they had planned to go on this trip together, yet he wasn't talking to her and sneaked away as she tried to break into his house. Doesn't sound like they were at the point of being ready to go on an amicable trip together! I wonder if this trip were planned far in advance and then they went on the rocks. ??? I'm just confused how a doctor wouldn't have some inkling of the physical damage to the body that could be caused by a slide down the chimney, even if she didn't have a way of knowing that it would be so narrow.

I'd guess she wasn't thinking straight, especially if she was drinking that day.

This story has so many unexplained twists. Here is another one: One of her office assistants drove her car down to LA on Wed. to update her passport. That sounds kind of "last minute" to me.:waitasec:

This story has so many unexplained twists. Here is another one: One of her office assistants drove her car down to LA on Wed. to update her passport. That sounds kind of "last minute" to me.:waitasec:

I hear where you are coming from...it does sound like last-minute. Perhaps her passport had needed a renewal, and so she asked an office asst to drive-down to the Fed Bldg in L.A. to retrieve the docs for her, since time was of the essence (departure scheduled for Friday).

None of these personal details would be relevant, were it not for the tragic outcome.

I still think this all boils-down to a decision made from an unclear mind (emotional issues which had risen to a fever pitch, exacerbated by alcohol intake).

In one article, I believe it was her brother who had said she had been raised in homes with big fireplaces and therefore might have miscalculated the narrowness of the stack.

For me, the explanation is simpler. No one in a clear or right mind would think to jump-down a chimney, for the soot alone!

IMO, she was impaired, mentally/emotionally and due to her alcohol intake. In her "right" mind, no way she would have done this.

So very sad...a terrible loss to her family and to the community altogether.

ETA: Not saying she was an alcoholic or prone to drinking bouts, and in fact might well be to the contrary. I'm just saying that on that night, there was an unfortunate confluence.

ok, why would dude slip out unnoticed rather than confront her (or call the cops) & tell her to stop trying to break into his house

seriously, who would leave your house unattended for the night, knowing that an obsessed stalker is trying to break in & is likely upset enough to damage your belongings or set the house on fire or something else even more outrageous than attempting to break in while you're there (without calling the police to alert them to the possible crime taking place!)?

I read this story yesterday & I've been thinking that the bizarre way she died has clouded some other details, namely that it's awfully convenient that this guy left while she was breaking in and left town the next day while she was dead in his chimney ... just some things that make me go hmmm ...

One major reason ol' boy might have chosen to slip on out rather than engage in a confrontation with an angry, drunken woman is that he was due to leave for Europe with said woman in less than 48 hours, and he wanted to minimize the drama and keep things as copacetic as possible.

Because there's nothing like going to Amsterdam with someone who's got a huge case of the red azz with you. Trust me - I know this - sadly - from experience . . .

This sad case continues to haunt me. I spoke with a sister today who put it all down to 'smart people do dumb things sometimes'...this does not work for me.

As indicated in a post title made above, No Blame...none attached to her or to her bf either.

I suppose I perceive the incident in what some might call simple-minded terms, but that's how it reads to me.

I think of so many incidents in my long life history in which a person might have chosen a different action...me included. Fortunately none of the actions of my friends, nor mine, were so consequential; with the exception of one who liked playing with a tv prop and ended-up dead from a gunshot wound to his head. (He would have done it differently on Take 2 of that scene, guaranteed.)

Rest In Peace, Dr K...and may your memory endure with all the GOOD you did in your too-short life here

It makes no sense to me either. The Jackie K I knew was level-headed, cautious, logical. I know she was going through the age thing - it was obvious to me anyway because we talked about getting old.

What really angers me is that William M has vanished. The LE and TV community has just dropped this story. Legally, they cannot make him tell them what happened, so they say. Boy, did he slither out of this easily...he shut everybody up by telling them what a wonderful doctor she was, yada, yada. Will we ever know?

And, he has still kept his picture off the screen. No one knows what he looks like. It's time some investigative journalists got busy, IMHO.

Feels like a cover-up for WM.

There is going to be a memorial service for J. Kotarac this Saturday at 3pm. Wonder if boyfriend will go. I'm tempted to go, but it is too heavy on the psyche for me. It will be held in Bakersfield at the Hasham? Funeral home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HorrorSoup
Back