GUILTY CA - Brad, 57, & Andra Sachs, 54, slain, 8yo injured, San Juan Capistrano, 9 Feb 2014

SanJuanMom I'm sorry. It must be so very scary and upsetting to have this happen so close to home :(

from your link:

"The victims' 8-year-old son was targeted in the attack and remained hospitalized Monday, officials say"

Why would they 'target' an 8 year old? Who does that?

:(
fran

Children are murdered by mafia, cartels, the mentally ill (i.e., Sandy Hook) and even by their own family members. They are not off limits any more. They are made to pay the price for their parents' "sins". Makes me beyond angry and sad.

There isn't anywhere completely safe. No matter what security measures we put in place, if someone really wants to get in, they will.

Some questions I have:

If this was a professional hit man, cartel or mafia, wouldn't they ensured that there were no survivors?

Was the home's security armed? Due to the ongoing issues this couple faced, one would think that their home would be armed during the middle of the night.

The daughter called 911. Generally, if a home is armed and someone breaks in, the the security company contacts the owners and then authorities. So, was it on, or was it disarmed? If the former, why? If the later, how and by whom?

NBC said on 11:00 news it is believed a silencer was used as none of the neighbors heard anything...not even dogs barking. They believe killer could have accessed the property from the backyard. Apparently the couple was known to leave windows open and doors unlocked. Also due to the number of shots fired, and targeting the children the reporter said the killer was very angry. Sounds more and more like a revenge killing.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I used to live very close to this home and so I still mountain bike the ridge above Peppertree regularly and ride it down into SJC.
There is easy access to these neighborhoods from the back and there are horse and hiking trails through this area that could have easily been used to come and go. They go from SJC to Dana Point and up to Laguna Niguel so you can cut into the another neighborhoods and be in a completely different location in no time. Shay trail is used for this purpose regularly.
Not that long ago there was a manhunt in those very trails for some guy that was trying to hide in there for some other crime.
FWIW

Some of the business dealings seem to have involved large amounts of money - $9 mill here?

http://www.boe.ca.gov/meetings/pdf/hearingsummaries/Item_B_Sachs_Andra_R_446027_sum.pdf

However, I notice police have said they don't think this is a murder/suicide and it might be a homicide. And that it's an isolated incident and they don't think the rest of the community are at risk.

It seems strange that a killer would have shot an 8 year old child (I presume as a possible witness), but have left the teenagers after taking a shot and missing one. Also that there were no signs of a break in and the guard dogs were not harmed either.

I don't know.....money and someone connected to the couple's many business ventures seems the obvious solution, but the 'might be' homicide remark is playing on my mind. If it's not homicide and not murder/suicide, then that only leaves one option.

Capistrano killings: Couple, boy were shot; 2 daughters also were home

SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO – A divorced couple killed inside their San Juan Capistrano home died from gunshot wounds, law enforcement officials confirmed Tuesday.

An 8-year-old boy inside the home – the youngest of the couple’s five children – was also hit and seriously injured in the Sunday morning shooting, said Lt. Jeff Hallock of the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.

Now investigators are delving into the couple’s past, including previous business dealings involving tech companies that often found themselves in litigation, and any relationships the San Juan Capistrano couple had.
“We’re trying to turn over every little rock,” Hallock said.

Two days after Bradford Hans Sachs, 57, and Andra Resa Sachs, 54, were shot and killed inside the sprawling home on Peppertree Bend, law enforcement officials said no suspects have been identified.

read more ................ http://www.ocregister.com/articles/couple-601280-sachs-inside.html

Terrible crime and no suspects according to the above article.

In my experience and of course I have no idea if it applies here , but couples that divorce and stay living together often divorce for asset protection of some sort. Based on some of the litigation that has been revealed, I would not be surprised if this was the case here. Jmho of course.

Does anyone think this might be the daughters? The verbiage in one of the articles made it sound like this was someone in the house...hate to think that, but I can't figure out why they would shoot both adults and 8year old boy and leave the girls unharmed.

This is an intriguing story! Who had access- family, friends of family, housekeepers, gardeners, pool maintenance, deliveries, etc? One of any number of people who had a grudge about unscrupulous business dealings? Apparently the property was "fortified". I haven't discounted anyone. Meanwhile, I'll check this thread a couple dozen times again tomorrow.

Something I thought was odd on ocsd.org under the coroner press releases it stated the BS was found at 1:46 and AS was found at 2:10. Obviously they were in different rooms. I don't know what to think about their daughters. I only know LE has said no one has been cleared yet.

Yes, I also thought that was interesting. It sounded like there was more than one person involved in killing. The 911 call hasn't been released has it?

Yes, I also thought that was interesting. It sounded like there was more than one person involved in killing. The 911 call hasn't been released has it?

No it hasn't and I checked on ocsd.org to read the police blotter. The call was listed as "unknown trouble" and there are no details. Which to me is strange. Likewise I haven't heard anything about the autopsies. Which would have been conducted on Monday or for sure by today.

Could the girls have been sleeping and they boy been awake ?

My 8 year old wakes up often ,while my teens sleep though alot. My house is 2,200 sq ft.

Their house was 10,000 . I keep my littlest ones closer and am quite happy to have the louder fussy teen girls down the hall. If I had another wing even better. But I would lock all my doors and windows .

So maybe the placement of the boy in the house is what lead to him being shot.

has anyone found social media or a linkedin for this couple?

On this website here it is talking about the Sach's old company, plug in solutions, and says that after a dispute and losing court cases, the owners have continued to slander them on web based discussion boards. It tells readers how to find those discussions too. Maybe that would provide a clue to their social media names? I don't have time to search for them at the moment.

http://www.pluginsupply.com/competitors/

NBC said on 11:00 news it is believed a silencer was used as none of the neighbors heard anything...not even dogs barking. They believe killer could have accessed the property from the backyard. Apparently the couple was known to leave windows open and doors unlocked. Also due to the number of shots fired, and targeting the children the reporter said the killer was very angry. Sounds more and more like a revenge killing.

Shoot. Silencers are expensive and illegal in California.

Some of the business dealings seem to have involved large amounts of money - $9 mill here?

http://www.boe.ca.gov/meetings/pdf/hearingsummaries/Item_B_Sachs_Andra_R_446027_sum.pdf

However, I notice police have said they don't think this is a murder/suicide and it might be a homicide. And that it's an isolated incident and they don't think the rest of the community are at risk.

It seems strange that a killer would have shot an 8 year old child (I presume as a possible witness), but have left the teenagers after taking a shot and missing one. Also that there were no signs of a break in and the guard dogs were not harmed either.

I don't know.....money and someone connected to the couple's many business ventures seems the obvious solution, but the 'might be' homicide remark is playing on my mind. If it's not homicide and not murder/suicide, then that only leaves one option.

What one option? Natural death? Accident? Because there is only suicide or homicide if the deaths were intentional.

Something I thought was odd on ocsd.org under the coroner press releases it stated the BS was found at 1:46 and AS was found at 2:10. Obviously they were in different rooms. I don't know what to think about their daughters. I only know LE has said no one has been cleared yet.

I bet because they got there, cordoned stuff off after finding the father, rendered emergency aid, transported the son, got the daughters assessed and out and by that time, 24 minutes had passed before they searched more and realized there was another victim.

Makes some sense to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back