CA CA - Christine Eastin, 19, Hayward, 18 Jan 1971

I wonder how the comparison between Annie Doe and Christine is going? There is very little info about Annie Doe.

Josephine County cold case teams have been disbanded IIRC because of budget cuts.

Whatever happened with Annie Doe? PM?

On the previous page someone (I think BillyLee?) mentioned they think her purse was locked in her car because she may have left to help someone. I agree with this hypothesis, I think that makes perfect sense, and to this day, people take advantage and ask for help to lure their victim away. Ted Bundy often did it to his victims. Look at Julie Cunningham (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cunningham_julie.html) who vanished in 1975 when Bundy pretended he was an injured skier that needed help.

I'm not saying this case is connected since they happened decades apart, but Brooke Wilberger vanished from the parking lot of some apartments in Oregon when she was washing the lamps. I think someone saw an opportunity at taking her (she is a gorgeous woman), and they took it. There probably was no one else around at the time. I dont know if her boyfriend was ruled out, otherwise it seems to me Christine was a victim of opportunity, perhaps taken by a stranger. I think it'd be worth to look at serial killers or other crimes committed back then, they might be connected to her. (A lot of good possibilities were already made, like Alaca and Zodiac).

I hope she is found, any updates?

Could it be that she was taken, forced to drive in her car and leave the purse behind?

It has been 40 years this month since Christine Eastin went missing, in 1971. I would like to add a few more pictures of her here, some different views which just may help someone remember seeing her. These are from 1969 and 1970.
These are beautiful photos!

Bumping this thread for Christine Eastin. She was shopping at a mall earlier that evening before she disappeared. Perhaps the abductor followed her from there?

I have always been intrigued by Christine's disappearance-could it be connected to other missing or murdered women in the area?

Hi, amber1, I literally lie awake half the night every night wondering about this.

I suppose it might be a possible. However, isn't the UID stated to have red or auburn hair? Christine Marie Eastin was a blonde.

Blonddizaster, thank you for this information. That's the first time I've seen Christine described as a strawberry blonde. Every photo that I've seen of her has been B&W, so all I perceived was sunstreaked blonde hair. She probably was a strawberry. I have always wondered why her hair is reddish in her age progression photo. I wonder if her skin was freckled. If so, that ought to be included in her physical description. I have always believed that one reason some missing people have not been found is due to inaccurate or less than thorough physical descriptions.
If Christine was a strawberry, then the UID you drew our attention to could possibly be her.

So many of the missing persons sites describe Christine as having blonde rather than strawberry hair. This could be a reason why she has never been found. I wonder if her disappearance is connected to that of Lulaida Sejalbo who vanished in November 1973.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back