CA CA - Christine Eastin, 19, Hayward, 18 Jan 1971

Bumping for Christine. I wonder if someone followed her from the mall and then to the carwash. She might have been safe had a friend or family
member accompanied her. I think everyone misunderstood the danger of going to a carwash so late at night. She was such a beautiful girl and it seems that everybody loved her.

I wish I knew, Murder Inc. She probably lived near Charlie's Carwash which was ( and I believe still is) located on Mission Blvd in Hayward.

Fox 2 Unsolved: New sketch in Hayward cold case of missing woman

Fox_2_Unsolved__New_sketch_in_Hayward_mi_0_7667120_ver1.0_160_90.jpg

Sketch of possible abductor

Hayward, Calif. (KTVU) - There are new clues in a nearly 50-year-old disappearance in the Bay Area after a witness came forward with information on the case. Eastin's sister, Victoria Cordova says a woman recently came forward saying she witnessed a kidnapping but didn't realize at the time.

In January 1971 Eastin was at the now-closed Charlie's Car Wash on Mission Boulevard cleaning her ex-boyfriend's blue Ford Maverick.

The witness says she saw two men at the car wash in a white Ford van. She caught a glimpse of the driver but didn't get a good look at the second man who apparently kidnapped Eastin.

"Just the back of the other person putting Christy in the back of the van," Cordova said. The witness said the van had very distinctive rectangular side mirrors known to some as "West Coast Mirrors."

Fox 2 Unsolved: New sketch in Hayward cold case of missing woman

Fox_2_Unsolved__New_sketch_in_Hayward_mi_0_7667120_ver1.0_160_90.jpg

Sketch of possible abductor

Hayward, Calif. (KTVU) - There are new clues in a nearly 50-year-old disappearance in the Bay Area after a witness came forward with information on the case. Eastin's sister, Victoria Cordova says a woman recently came forward saying she witnessed a kidnapping but didn't realize at the time.

In January 1971 Eastin was at the now-closed Charlie's Car Wash on Mission Boulevard cleaning her ex-boyfriend's blue Ford Maverick.

The witness says she saw two men at the car wash in a white Ford van. She caught a glimpse of the driver but didn't get a good look at the second man who apparently kidnapped Eastin.

"Just the back of the other person putting Christy in the back of the van," Cordova said. The witness said the van had very distinctive rectangular side mirrors known to some as "West Coast Mirrors."

Interesting comment from retired police officer -

"The fact that she was a beautiful young girl, late at night by herself at a car wash could lead to a random kidnapping," said retired Hayward police officer Dave Legro. "But there are some things that have not been cleared up regarding people associated with her."

I wonder who the “people associated with her” he is referring too?

Found this, perhaps what he was referring too
Unsolved: Hayward woman vanishes in 1971
Former Hayward police officer Dave Legro responded to the car wash back in 1971 and saw the Ford Maverick in the parking lot.

"To me, it looked like it was staged," Legro said.

Legro, now retired, says this case has bothered him ever since.

He says somebody may have tried to make it look like Christy was kidnapped.

"The papers on the ground looked like it was for dramatic appeal," Legro said.

It turns out, there was some drama at the time Christy disappeared.

Christy desperately wanted to get back together with her ex-boyfriend.

"It sounded like he was ready to move on, and she wasn't," Lemmon said.

Perhaps the reason why?

"I learned that she might have been pregnant," Legro said.

Cordova said, 'Very possibly, she could have maybe said, you know, 'I'm pregnant or something, you've got to be with me' or maybe things got out of hand that way."

At the Hayward Police Department, Christy is the oldest missing-persons case.

"We would love to get closure on this case," said Capt. Jason Martinez, who oversees investigations.

He said of Christy's ex-boyfriend, "We've pretty much eliminated him as a suspect."

Interesting ceomment from retired police officer -

"The fact that she was a beautiful young girl, late at night by herself at a car wash could lead to a random kidnapping," said retired Hayward police officer Dave Legro. "But there are some things that have not been cleared up regarding people associated with her."

I wonder who the “people associated with her” he is referring too?
I wonder, too, StarrChance, especially because the ex was eliminated as a suspect.
I also wonder what the results might be were the witness to undergo hypnosis.

Found this, perhaps what he was referring too
Unsolved: Hayward woman vanishes in 1971
Former Hayward police officer Dave Legro responded to the car wash back in 1971 and saw the Ford Maverick in the parking lot.

"To me, it looked like it was staged," Legro said.

Legro, now retired, says this case has bothered him ever since.

He says somebody may have tried to make it look like Christy was kidnapped.

"The papers on the ground looked like it was for dramatic appeal," Legro said.

It turns out, there was some drama at the time Christy disappeared.

Christy desperately wanted to get back together with her ex-boyfriend.

"It sounded like he was ready to move on, and she wasn't," Lemmon said.

Perhaps the reason why?

"I learned that she might have been pregnant," Legro said.

Cordova said, 'Very possibly, she could have maybe said, you know, 'I'm pregnant or something, you've got to be with me' or maybe things got out of hand that way."

At the Hayward Police Department, Christy is the oldest missing-persons case.

"We would love to get closure on this case," said Capt. Jason Martinez, who oversees investigations.

He said of Christy's ex-boyfriend, "We've pretty much eliminated him as a suspect."

Disregard whatever the police say

Here is a fundraising campaign to know what happened to her: https://www..com/f/christine-eastin

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back